Photo

An Open Letter To New Posters And Anyone On The Waiting List!

39 replies to this topic

#26 X RUSHED X

X RUSHED X

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:27 AM

couldnt agree more ..... at the end of the day, i was glad my wait was over :)

being a 'senior' person, i must admit i felt like i was being treated like a child waiting for so long but you just remind yourself that the admins have no way of telling your true age so you have to grin and bear it and abide by the rules and get use to the way the forum flows.

Did you actually read the post?

If this is "back-seat-moderating", or just retarded, I'll gladly accept punishment. And no, I wasn't being sarcastic there.

Edited by X RUSHED X, 27 May 2009 - 03:49 AM.

QUOTE(Hipponater @ Oct 7 2009, 05:34 PM) View Post

If it feels hard to pump, stop.

#27 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

The problem is not really with the new members, it's with this board. Most web forums out there are not strict at all. They care more about how many people they can attract and nothing else. There's nothing wrong with that, but unfortunately for some of you, we may meet in person. Because there is this chance, we have to be more strict about the people we let in here. There are stupid and annoying people in this world. It's just the way it is. And when you're already doing something weird like playing with modified nerf guns in a public park, it doesn't help to also have stupid and annoying people around you. For some reason while I was away from the boards for a year, we got really lenient with kids. I don't know why it happened, but when I came back, I acted the exact same way I had acted before and there was some lash back. But frankly, I have to act like an asshole. The entire admin team has to filter out the truly terrible members that will do nothing but fuck up your day at the field.

In all honesty it's sad what has happened to this game. People refusing to come to Apoc if they can't use a titan or doomsayer when they know for an absolute fact it gives them an advantage. Kids criticizing each others mods because it's not "clean". It's not a competition. This is not something you win. Even if you make it to Apoc and you're convinced that you're going to be the best nerfer there, there's no way to verify that. We don't keep score. We can't even truly tell when someone gets hit. It's a game based on an honor system. That alone makes it non-competitive. It's just for fun. And to the chorus of posts that will come after this saying, "It is so competitive." You are not a real nerfer and you're fucking up the game for everyone else. And yeah, there is such a thing as a "real nerfer" and it's not someone who's looking to be praised for his newest paint job or the fact that he cleanly integrated a dildo onto his crossbow. Do you think I want anyone's praise? I'm not an admin because I was looking for some ego boost. I'm an admin because this is something I really like to do. I hate that the whole thing has become so serious.

So to all you nerds who like nerf guns, welcome to the fold. To all you idiots trying to make up for the fact that you are not or were not popular in high school...get the fuck out.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#28 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

Nerf is definitely a competition. The whole point of a Nerf war is so afterwards you can fap over your k/d and k-d.

Of course, the problem with this is that certain people are cheaters and don't call proper hits. That is why Ice9 and I are designing a new system for Nerf. Instead of shooting foam "darts" in any manner that is "fun" or "relaxed" we will put a small paint marker into each bullet so there is a visual system for noticing hits.

This leads to yet another problem however. There is a chance that our Nerf "blasters" are not able to generate the impact force necessary to consistently deliver the paint marking bullets. Therefore, we will require all guns at future wars to hit a minimum of 200'. The most effective method to deliver this power of course, is compressed air.

The bonus to this system is with increased power comes increased range. Thus, we can set up various scenarios that play across a long-range field where we just hide behind bunkers and other visual and physical impediments and set up snïper posts. This will also give a much more realistic and militaristic feel to our wars.

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 27 May 2009 - 01:36 PM.

"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#29 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

Nerf is definitely a competition. The whole point of a Nerf war is so afterwards you can fap over your k/d and k-d.

Of course, the problem with this is that certain people are cheaters and don't call proper hits. That is why Ice9 and I are designing a new system for Nerf. Instead of shooting foam "darts" in any manner that is "fun" or "relaxed" we will put a small paint marker into each bullet so there is a visual system for noticing hits.

This leads to yet another problem however. There is a chance that our Nerf "blasters" are not able to generate the impact force necessary to consistently deliver the paint marking bullets. Therefore, we will require all guns at future wars to hit a minimum of 200'. The most effective method to deliver this power of course, is compressed air.

The bonus to this system is with increased power comes increased range. Thus, we can set up various scenarios that play across a long-range field where we just hide behind bunkers and other visual and physical impediments and set up snïper posts. This will also give a much more realistic and militaristic feel to our wars.

I love you. I doubt anyone who needs to get the message will understand this post, but my god. It is truly a work of genius.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#30 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

@ Zorn's Lemma: I think you just summed up what goes through the heads of the worst type of n00bs. I laughed at that.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#31 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

This is why I hate the internet. Please delete post.

Edited by Chris is cool, 27 May 2009 - 07:44 PM.

#32 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:38 PM

@ Zorn's Lemma: I think you just summed up what goes through the heads of the worst type of n00bs. I laughed at that.

I think people like you could shove what they think up their ass and let people do what they want to do. Frankly, if he doesn't think of himself as a noob then he's not a noob.

Seriously? Members need to prove that they are not a noob. The phrase "I think, therefore I am." does not apply here, and the sooner you realize it, the happier you will be.

Your offensive post to him means shit and will in no way, shape, or form change his mind on anything.

That is too bad. Most reasonable people will take new information and continue to evolve their opinions over time. I guess that isn't the case with immature pricks.

If he wants to play like that let him and stop bitching. And guess what, if you were going to a war like that with him either play his way or don't go. Some people's opinions of Nerf is different. It's like words with more than one meaning, there are several different meanings (related to opnions of Nerf) for the word, and they are all different and unique (how people play, what their rules are like, and what kind of people they want there). I'm sorry if this seems offensive, but people are repetitive saying this and it doesn't get to people.

Good lord... If you would actually speak in English, I would have a much easier time mocking the functions of your gray matter. As it is, I might feel bad.

On topic, I think that new people should be given a certain amount of time to learn their way around here before they can start getting punished. It will prevent multiple account making after they get banned. That's just my view, and I think it will help this site grow out of its "goober" stage.

I am so happy that you are not in a position, on ANY NIC forum, to make that kind of decision. The community is truly better off.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#33 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

I think the OP has some great information, I just don't get it how some of the newly validated members are just so stupid. They wait how long to get validated, so then they just blow it. Makes no sense to me.

#34 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

I don't agree with Zorn. I'm merely saying that he was mocked and didn't deserve it. He obviously can't trust the people he Nerf's with, so he ought to be better off playing that way. What I said could solve so many arguments. If people did what they wanted too, and nothing was "nooby" or "gay" then people would be better off. And he gave one sentence insulting Zorn, I doubt he'd learn from that.

Edit:: This is why I hate the internet.

Edited by Chris is cool, 27 May 2009 - 07:35 PM.

#35 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

I don't agree with Zorn. I'm merely saying that he was mocked and didn't deserve it. He obviously can't trust the people he Nerf's with, so he ought to be better off playing that way. What I said could solve so many arguments. If people did what they wanted too, and nothing was "nooby" or "gay" then people would be better off. And he gave one sentence insulting Zorn, I doubt he'd learn from that.

You still did not catch the sarcasm in Zorn's Post!? Did you even read his post? He was merely mocking the fact that that is how some people who join this site think. If you didn't catch that, he essentially described paintball.
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#36 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

You still did not catch the sarcasm in Zorn's Post!? Did you even read his post? He was merely mocking the fact that that is how some people who join this site think. If you didn't catch that, he essentially described paintball.

That was great. You have to think about it a little before you get the joke, Chris.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#37 X RUSHED X

X RUSHED X

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:00 AM

[quote name='Zorn's Lemma' date='May 27 2009, 10:36 AM' post='232828']
[quote]

If you really want to try this WITHOUT playing paintball, you could always try what worked for airsoft. Coat the tip of your stefans with a small amount of some sort of neon powder. Though I doubt you could get others to waste their time doing so.

Edited by X RUSHED X, 28 May 2009 - 02:00 AM.

QUOTE(Hipponater @ Oct 7 2009, 05:34 PM) View Post

If it feels hard to pump, stop.

#38 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

If you really want to try this WITHOUT playing paintball, you could always try what worked for airsoft. Coat the tip of your stefans with a small amount of some sort of neon powder. Though I doubt you could get others to waste their time doing so.

Did anyone not get that this was sarcastic? He was joking.

Edited by Echnalaid, 28 May 2009 - 09:06 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#39 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:53 PM

Did anyone not get that this was sarcastic? He was joking.

Don't let it bother you. He's just a noob.

I'd say since he didn't pick up on Zorn's sarcasm, he's at most, 11. Anyone could see how facetious he was being, yet Chris and X Rushed X (Further proof in the name: No self-respecting teenager uses "X" prefacing or sufficing their name) don't seem to. Is anyone else's Kidometer going off?
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#40 wisdom000

wisdom000

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:22 AM

I think from now on I will just keep my mouth shut here except in sales threads or when I am showing off a new paintjob. It's just not worth it. I am sorry now I have wasted my time and everyone elses.
Datafortress 2020, the largest and most comprehensive Cyberpunk 2020 site in the world, home of Interlock Unlimited:
http://datafortress2020.110mb.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users