Lanard Blast Bazooka

Anyone used it?

78 replies to this topic

#51 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:01 PM

the cocking mechinism is way more durable than the blast bazooka's pumping mechinism. Don't get the blast bazooka. Get a max shot instead!

By the way, I have the same barrel on both guns and the max shot owns the hell out of the blast bazooka on range.

First off, you're a liar. The max shot cocking mechanism is WAY less durable than the blast bazooka's pump system. Our nerf group owns three max shots and one blast bazooka. Two max shots have cracked plunger tubes, and one's catch mechanism was destroyed BEFORE the gun was ever modified. The Lanard Blast Bazooka is very well designed, the pump tube is very strong, and since there is no beast sized spring forcing one peice of plastic into another there is less impact and wear on the internals of the blast bazooka.

About your barrels: Max shots are spring powered and blast bazookas are air powered. Having the same barrel is very stupid. You should telescope the max shot and just put a plain barrel on the Blast Bazooka. Also, it is unfair to say the max shot is better than the blast bazooka when you have only tried one barrel on the blast bazooka. Try different lengths, materials and darts and then you can make a proper decision.
One last thing, the reload time on both guns should be about the same. With the max shot, the shooter must twist the dart into the smaller barrel, then place the larger barrel over top that. The blast bazooka is just a simple pull out, place in, and put back.

EDIT: I typed this at the same time as Jappo

Edited by Nello, 27 February 2004 - 04:05 PM.

"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#52 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:23 PM

I have some pics that I took of Nellos Blast Bazooka. I'm only giving a few, because the rest are gonna be in a write up. Note: Some of the pics are missing the trigger, and the barrel has been cut off so Nello could mod it.

Gun with Whistling Dart
Posted Image

Modded BB
Posted Image

Pump/Valve Assembly with shortened barrel
Posted Image

Internials of Gun without Trigger, and a shortened barrel
Posted Image

Hope this will keep you guys happy.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#53 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:23 PM

Ok, I think I'm going to go pick up one today. I tried Taget yesterday with no luck fo I might try ToysR'US. Two questions for anyone who already has one? 9/16brass or 17/32? and what length? Thanks
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#54 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:27 PM

Ok, I think I'm going to go pick up one today.  I tried Taget yesterday with no luck fo I might try ToysR'US.  Two questions for anyone who already has one?  9/16brass or 17/32?  and  what length?  Thanks

Still experimenting but you would want to use the brass that best fits your micros(The one Nello is using uses a 9/16). You should get about a foot, but maybe longer because this gun has a huge air tank, a 14" barrel may get better accuracy. Don't forget a 1/2" coupler for the PVC.

Edited by Jappo, 27 February 2004 - 04:29 PM.

"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#55 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:17 PM

My Max Shot plunger broke after 2 days of use, so you have no idea what you are talking about. This gun is very nice, and the case could possibly have room for intergrations.

In summary, shut the hell up Newb. You don't have the right to say that this gun sucks. It in fact is very good. That may have been an opinion of yours, but your opinion is clearly flawed.

My max shot has'nt broken in any way and i don't see why it ever would. Also the pump on my blast bazooka is deteriorating and thats why i don't think its very durable. I did'nt say the blast bazooka sucks. I just think the max shot is better. I can still easily find max shots in my area. So i did'nt know it was discontinued.

Edited by 1/2 Newb 1/2 Nerfer, 27 February 2004 - 05:21 PM.

#56 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:22 PM

Looks good...about how long is the pump? It doesn't seem too long by the picture.

I'm snowed in...but, I did find an Expand'a'Blast, and another blaster I'm going to work on soon. Ah, the wonders of Ebay.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#57 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:28 PM

Just got mine. Not bad at all. The pumb only comes out 3.5 in. from the rest of the blaster.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#58 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:33 PM

The MaxShot is pretty loud if you cock it fully, isnt it :cry:
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#59 Bolanga24

Bolanga24

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:01 PM

Ok, I just got my BB today and at first it rocked, and it pumped up to 8 times. Then, after I used it a few times, the most it could pump w/o the overrelease valve thing kicking in was 5 pumps, and didnt go as far. Has this happened to anybody else?

#60 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 09:07 AM

No. You should take it back.

#61 FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 12:57 PM

The Blast Bazooka is a very nice gun, but I prefer a Max Shot. First, the Blast Bazooka has a deceivingly big air tank. Part of the airtank is actually part of the plunger tube. Second the pump is an awkward position, what a pain to pump. Third, it has much less rof for about equal range. By the time you plug the release valve, you need 10+ pumps. That’s a bit annoying. I’d still suggest getting this guns, but in my opinion, the Max Shot is better.

#62 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for the pump information. I had figured it would have an ungodly priming time. But thank you, you may have just saved me a few bucks.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#63 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:43 AM

This gun is pretty cheap. I still think its a good buy, and will get over 120 feet if you use the right barrel material. I mean we got 106 with a stock micro in a 10" PVC barrel. Im sure its possible to improve on that. I also will laugh at anyone whos MaxShot will break. If you have looked at it closely, the plunger is very breakable, and you should reinforce it some way.

Edited by Jappo, 01 March 2004 - 01:54 AM.

#64 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:07 PM

does anyone know how to plug the air release on this gun?
Do you have to cut off the whole back of it?
Thanx

#65 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 06:33 PM

Crap, I must get one before the war coming up, noooooooo! :P
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#66 FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:05 PM

How I plugged the release was I cut the plunger tube at the back, and re-glued it after plugging it up. It works, but does shorten it a bit, which is a bit annoying.

#67 Bolanga24

Bolanga24

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

How many times do you pump yours?

#68 FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:27 PM

It holds 15-20 pumps fine for me.

#69 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 08:31 PM

If its holding that many pumps I don't think you plugged the release properly
I hate you.

#70 FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 09:30 PM

It holds that many because you have to shorten the pump tube to plug it up.

#71 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:50 PM

doesn't seem to be an advantage. You plugged it to get more pumps? Does it shoot any farther with it pluged?

#72 Bolanga24

Bolanga24

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:10 AM

When you plug the release, it always makes it shoot farther (at least from the guns I've used).

#73 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:59 AM

But, is the increased range worth the twenty pumps, as opposed to the original 8? The gun already fires 100 feet consistantly with 8 pumps and the longest hit I've heard of anyone making in a major war is about 80 ft. The odds of hitting someone from that far away are pretty slim, so its probably better to leave the pump stock. I guess I'll experiment with it and put up some results.

Edited by Nello, 10 March 2004 - 02:00 AM.

"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#74 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:49 AM

I agree, I don't think it's worth it. I just left the air release alone. Sure it adds range, but pump guns take long enough the way it is.

#75 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:10 AM

I purchased 2 of these Blast Bazookas today at TrU, $10.

A curious side note, though Lanard has its name on the blaster, the box is labeled "Air Zone Blast Bazooka", distributed by Geoffrey Inc. of Toys "R" Us Inc. There is no other mention of Lanard on the product. I have since emailed Lanard on the matter, who's website is now available.

Also, the BB is exactly the same size as a Nerf Crossbow. In other words, too small for an adult to fire from the shoulder, but comfortable all the same. I'm pleased.
"The 'dance goes on..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users