Photo

Alrighty. Here's Some Stuff To Look At.

115 replies to this topic

#76 The Nerf Devil

The Nerf Devil

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:04 PM

I really hate to be pessimistic, but I think it is a springer, not an airgun. Here are a couple reasons:
1. ROF. Hasbro is concerned with making rapid fire guns, such as the vulcan, dtb, mav, ls, recon. They all have a relatively high ROF. If this gun were to be an air gun, it would require multiple pumps (unless the pump tube takes up 1/3 of the gun). This would not be very high ROF. Hasbro wants guns that will spew out a lot of foam in a short period of time. The 10 shot turret would accomplish this for us, but for SWAT team loving kids, it wouldn't be enough, in my opinion.
2. General motion of things: Hasbro has not made an air gun in 3 years. But still, Nerf only made springers until the Supermaxx line (feel free to correct me on that), and only made airguns for the supermaxx years. Then, they kept on making airguns for the airjet power+, and Airtech lines. Then along came the NF and Nstrike, which have, for the exception of the hornet and titan, been springers. I hope they are going to go back to airguns, because correct me if Im wrong, but there hasn't been an airgun available in stores that people completely gave up on (recon).

I would really hope that it is an air powered gun. With a pump plug, PETG barrel replacement, maybe find some way of hacking off the front of it to allow for longer barrels... (GASP)
I can see it having great potential.
Springer or not, it would be easy as pie to integrate a 2k into there. Im going to get it regardless.

EDIT: If this is a springer, I think the only good route is to convert it to an airgun. I mean, look at the size of the area behind the gun. It looks like it has a mav sized pluger tube. The pump shaft looks like it would snap under the weight of an added spring (or a plugged pump for that matter). Looks like a powerclip pump, but thinner.
The faux barrel would kill range for sure, but it is necessary for the pump action to work corrrectly. I can see AT2k internals in this baby already.

I disagree because of the reasons stated below.

highly unlikely and improbable.

Before saying something like that look at the schofield(or however it's spelled)... The guy made a gun with about a 1 inch plunger stroke and it went the same distance as a stock gun.

Yes, but if you look at the STROKE length of the pump/priming handle for it to be a springer it would either have to protrude or use gears to reduce the stroke length on the plunger. All I am saying is that it is most likely an air gun.

In my opinion both of the new dart tag guns are definitely air guns because if you look at the picture of the orange dart tag gun with the pump/priming handle halfway there is nothing protruding from the back of the gun so it's an air gun, the capture the flag guns are air guns because there is no other way for it to prime than the handle on the top which has a rod much more like a pump handle than a plunger rod.

I'm looking into this but think of it this way. The maverick doesn't protrude. The crossfire doesn't. The longshot doesn't. The only points that I see that suggests air power is the sm1k and the small rod. Which could be just to push back an actual priming rod. Think of the gears in the lanard pump action speed loader.

I know that a lot of guns with reverse plungers don't protrude but if you look at the stroke length and compare it to the amount of space where a plunger COULD be it would have to protrude and there isn't enough space have a plunger tube with the right plunger travel that doesn't protrude in that space.

Edited by The_Nerf_Devil, 22 February 2009 - 03:05 PM.

It's funny looking through things you said years ago, you realize how much of an ass you came off as sometimes.

#77 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

Nerf is olny making guns with a high rate of fire. I saw a bad review of a nite finder because you have to pull the plunger back.

Edited by slienced assassin, 22 February 2009 - 05:16 PM.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#78 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:16 PM

They have made Airguns withing 3 years MSDFS.... Titan (Correct me) Hornet (Correct me) and new AS-10 Magstrike.

I still think thats a airgun...It's so similar to the Sm1K

#79 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

They have made Airguns withing 3 years MSDFS.... Titan (Correct me) Hornet (Correct me) and new AS-10 Magstrike.

I still think thats a airgun...It's so similar to the Sm1K

Titan was 3 years ago, not within 3 years. Hornet, same. AS-10 MS is just a recolor, and the original is an 04, I believe, gun.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#80 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

I would really hope that it is an air powered gun. With a pump plug, PETG barrel replacement, maybe find some way of hacking off the front of it to allow for longer barrels... (GASP)

Putting longer barrels on the turret is going to be awkward since the pump is in the middle of it.

Nerf is olny making guns with a high rate of fire. I saw a bad review of a nite finder because you have to cook the gun.

I think its going to be air powered. A lot of stock air-powered guns (at2k, sm750) only take a couple of pumps for the op valve to kick in anyways. So it would still be pretty rapid fire.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#81 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

Nerf is olny making guns with a high rate of fire. I saw a bad review of a nite finder because you have to cook the gun.

I would be pretty pissed if I had to "cook" my NF to.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#82 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

If this is an airgun, will it have auto rotate like a 4K?

#83 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:07 PM

yeah I can see if it was a bad review it probably took forever to cook on the grill.......BBQ anyone?
QUOTE(Glint @ Feb 15 2009, 07:07 PM) View Post

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like

#84 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

Ok. Here's a little update. The guy my dad knows designs the outsides and makes the gun look pretty. He doesn't actually make them work. So... he put me in contact with some of the designers who actually design the interior parts. I should be hearing back shortly.

#85 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

I have a feeling this should be moved to a huge thread with all the new blasters.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#86 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

Ok. Here's a little update. The guy my dad knows designs the outsides and makes the gun look pretty. He doesn't actually make them work. So... he put me in contact with some of the designers who actually design the interior parts. I should be hearing back shortly.

I think you just became a hero in many nerfers' eyes

Edited by k9turrent, 22 February 2009 - 08:24 PM.

QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#87 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Yeah we have someone no other nerf site has......a insider!!!

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like

#88 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

I hope they are going to go back to airguns, because correct me if Im wrong, but there hasn't been an airgun available in stores that people completely gave up on (recon).

The people I talk to in stores (Target, etc.) tell me that the Recon SELLS. Probably more dollars flow in buying Recons than for Longshots and Vulcans put together. The last time I visited Target, both the Recon and the yellow Magstrike were each $18.99 on a "limited time" special, and with that dollar off, sales of just those two appeared to be outstripping all the other foam shooting stuff put together (Nerf + Buzzbee). Possibly even including the Nerf sports balls.

Try not to forget that we tiny communities of nerfers online are financially insignificant to Hasbro.

So ... although that's not a reason to think they'd make another new air gun, I still hope FuryFire is one.

I don't get why the recon sells. When the recon first came out, I bought two, selling one on ebay for 50 dollars. Realizing people would pay big bucks for this gun, I bought more and kept selling them untill I couldn't sell anymore for more than 30 bucks. Maybe it is the whole "customize your blaster!" aproach nerf took, that sells the recon.

Im going to have to diagree on our significance (financially) in hasbro's eyes. If a gun created by hasbro works good for our needs we will by crap-loads of the new gun. This could only be a plus (as they won't get lawsuits because of the do not modify this blaster printing on all guns) to their sales. I am assuming that to some extent (probably not that much), Hasbro tries to create features,but not beefy internals to make us willing to shell out for this gun, while keeping their guns safe.

The most recent example is, well, the raider! Some members were so excited about the drum mag that they were going to buy the gun (35$) just for the drum mag. Hasbro doesn't care how it gets us to by the guns, but hasbro would prefer if they could hook us on features not function. This is my theory that hasbro keeps some tabs on us (as this is the largest organization of nerfers) to look for ways to hook us, with out letting us create titan-like (rangewise) monsters.

Continuing my rant with some examples:

We make super mags and want drum mag: Hasbro creates drum mag
We intergrate our guns: Hasbro creates tactical rails for thier n-strike line
We add real scopes and lazers to our guns: Hasbro creates the nitefinder lazer/ light and the tactical light. There is a new scope on nerf.com.
We add our own detachable stocks to guns: Hasbro creates the recon stock (even though it sucks)

It doesn't matter how well these hasbro creations work/ed, it just shows that they tried to hook us.

Edit: Kid Flash: does this mean that we can get some info on the inside of the gun?! I hope we don't get a "you'll have to wait for the gun to come out" response.

Edited by durka durka, 22 February 2009 - 08:52 PM.

"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#89 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

yeah I can see if it was a bad review it probably took forever to cook on the grill.......BBQ anyone?

Heh heh, yeah. But seriously, people who post reviews complaining that you have to cock the gun before you can shoot are just dumbasses that have no idea how the thing works. You can't just get that energy from nowhere.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#90 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

The motivation for adding features can be found in one of their unused design patents:

Toy guns have been provided for the entertainment of children for a long time... Unfortunately, children demand variety in their play things, and many children have grown tired of single-barrel toy guns. Many children are now demanding toys, and in particular, toy guns, that are different and offer more excitement, sophistication and options.

As for us buying "crap tons" of a particular gun, I'm sure out of our 10k members, even if half of our active members buy the gun, it won't compare to the tens of thousands plus of others will buy it. And that is the definition of insignificant.

Also, I believe the Furyfire is an air gun. Otherwise, the gun would be a Maverick with 10 barrels, in a more expensive set. It wouldn't sell. Some other reasons as well, but that's chief among them. Too early to tell.

Thanks for the info! Love to hear it!

Edited by Splitlip, 22 February 2009 - 09:30 PM.

Teehee.

#91 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

Edit: Kid Flash: does this mean that we can get some info on the inside of the gun?!

Yes.

#92 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Raider more than the dart tag/CTF guns. To me, the Raider would be a godly indoor primary that could trump the Recon and possibly be a competitor to the Magstrike (slam fire feature, holds a drum magazine). However, while I think that the design of the new dart tag/CTF guns look promising, I absolutely HATE the color scheme. I don't like it at all. I like the N-strike yellow much more, but I like the blue color schemes the most (old Longshot, Raider). I really wish they would give their guns a better paint job, and stop recoloring all their guns to be fucking yellow and other bright obnoxious colors.

Just my 2 cents.

-Mehku

#93 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:43 AM

http://www.zibb.com/... th Anniversary
I know someone posted this in the other speculation topic, but I read up more on the FuryFire Dart Tag guns. It says they have auto-advancing barrels, and rapid fire. This makes me think that they are springers. I wouldn't call the rapid fire 20 auto advancing, so it's either the same auto-advance barrel system as the AT3K or AT4K, or it's a springer like a Doomsayer. Just found it interesting, so I decided to post.

#94 darthmonkey

darthmonkey

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:12 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

It looks like an air gun for this reason. Look at the orangy gun, doesn't it look like it's in the middle of a pump? That, or these are just there to look pretty and don't actually work.

#95 KingBouyah

KingBouyah

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:33 AM

With a little photoshop magic, I'm guessing this is how the CTF guns are going to work:
Posted Image
Read as: re-dressed nitefinder.

Also, I don't know why I'm excited about this, but I am:
Posted Image
Green taggers!

#96 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:27 AM

With a little photoshop magic, I'm guessing this is how the CTF guns are going to work:
Posted Image
Read as: re-dressed nitefinder.

I don't think nerf would just have a bar like that... I'm guessing that it's either like that, but with an internal rod, or it is a reverse plunger.

#97 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:53 AM

Posted Image
Green taggers!

I always wanted nerf to try multi-colored darts

#98 Robonerfer1

Robonerfer1

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

Posted Image
Green taggers!

I always wanted nerf to try multi-colored darts

I want nerf to bring back the neon blue and green darts from like the airjet line.
XBL GT: XPwNaGexDuDex12 add me
QUOTE(OfAllTheNerf @ Mar 29 2008, 04:11 PM) View Post

Yeah, it also helps if your nuts are made of steel. Or atleast as hard as steel, to ensure that you can shoot far enough.

#99 Robonerfer1

Robonerfer1

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:43 AM

EDIT: server had a brainfart. ignore this post

Edited by Robonerfer1, 23 February 2009 - 06:14 PM.

XBL GT: XPwNaGexDuDex12 add me
QUOTE(OfAllTheNerf @ Mar 29 2008, 04:11 PM) View Post

Yeah, it also helps if your nuts are made of steel. Or atleast as hard as steel, to ensure that you can shoot far enough.

#100 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

Well, I have to admit, those different colored darts are ingenious. But still, These bright orange and green colors are for darts, not guns.. Don't get me wrong, I love these new designs, but the colors bug me. However, I am now worried about the CTF pistol because it might have an inverted plunger like Kid Flash pointed out..

-Mehku

Edited by Mehku, 23 February 2009 - 12:19 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users