Photo

N-strike Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35 Press Release

61 replies to this topic

#51 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

There's plenty of reason to lock it, it's pretty much just speculation now.

What's wrong with speculation?
Half the fun of being in a forum is having other people who are excited about the same thing as you.

And if you feel bad for dial up connections, why did you quote it?

er, because it was already there so it doesn't take any more bandwidth to download? :)

Edited by NightCabbage, 11 February 2009 - 10:17 PM.

#52 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

Does anyone know if they're releasing a whole new range, or just a single gun or 2?

Typically it's just a couple blasters per year. And in the last year and a half, we've gotten the Recon, the Vulcan, Reflex/Eliminators, and redecoes of everything else. We might get some other stuff, but it'll probably be a while.

Edited by Draconis, 11 February 2009 - 10:16 PM.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#53 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

What's wrong with speculation?

It's against the unwritten law of NH.

P.S. - This isn't sarcastic. It isn't written down, but it is extremely erotic very much so by the admins.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#54 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

Okay, we closed down the original two topics because we still didn't have anything SUBSTANTIVE beyond a picture from a toy show.

The PRESS RELEASE is generally pretty accurate with Hasbro's promotional descriptives and little teasers to get everyone's Nerf appetite whetted.

Whether or not it will live up to those expectations is totally out of our control.

All we have to do is recall press releases for say, the LongShot. The Recon. The Vulcan.

See?

We often let the members daydream a little, but the administration will determine when daydreaming turns grossly ridiculous. So keep it civil, keep it in your shorts, take a stab or two at what to expect, but I don't think that this thread should go further than say, fifty pages, hmmm?

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#55 SofaKing

SofaKing

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

I'm sorry...

PINEY EDIT: Don't be. The press release is appreciated, much so. :lol:

#56 ninja mods

ninja mods

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:07 PM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#57 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

So... Somehow, I'm to thinking this is gonna fail like the last multi-shot gun.

On the same token, I'd totally get it, but...

I thought CS-12 (Don't kill me for the reference!) was crazy. But CS-35? This is making me want to take apart my Magstrike, replace a bunch of stuff, and start shooting a drum-mag system... I have an overactive imagination, I guess. (Though it does get you thinking: A Drum-fed magstrike?)
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#58 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

So... Somehow, I'm to thinking this is gonna fail like the last multi-shot gun.

On the same token, I'd totally get it, but...

I thought CS-12 (Don't kill me for the reference!) was crazy. But CS-35? This is making me want to take apart my Magstrike, replace a bunch of stuff, and start shooting a drum-mag system... I have an overactive imagination, I guess. (Though it does get you thinking: A Drum-fed magstrike?)

Why would CS-12 be crazy? We all know it's possible for us to do it, so why not Hasbro? I am definitely happy to the the new drum, though. It'll essentially eliminate the need for superclips.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#59 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

The Firefly, Longshot, Recon, and Vulcan were all subject to a lot of speculation, and built up a lot of hype as a result. Most of them were seen as a let-down upon their initial release, but often because they didn't fill the roles people had imagined for them.

The Firefly is essentially a giant maverick, and should be used as such. Close range, middle ROF. Don't use like you'd use an AT3K. The Longshot is by no means the high powered rifle for which we had hoped, but it works well as a mid-range assoult blaster. The Recon is not useful as a primary at any kind of range. However, it does work well in the kind of environment that the Firefly does.

The Vulcan is an automatic. Those have never had much range. It does have a high ammo capacity and a high enough ROF. It's not .50 Caliber machine gun that our expectations swelled it up to be.

This blaster will have a high ammo capacity and a high ROF. The arrowstorm and chainblazer comparisons are probably what to expect. The range won't be great, but it'll work well for people who like to rush, and will probably be a great fit in HvZ settings.

I'm expecting no greater than 60ish feet out of this blaster. I'm expecting it to jam every now and again, especially when the drum magazine is loaded into a Longshot or a Recon. It will almost certainly be inaccurate. But it, just as all the aforementioned blasters, will find a niche in our little community. Remember we hated pretty hard on the Maverick, but the HvZ crowd finds it to be one of the most useful blasters available.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#60 randomnerfninja

randomnerfninja

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:46 AM

This looks amazing :blink:
Nerf brings everyone together until a dart hits somebody in the eye. Then the hospital trip brings everyone together again.

Proud Oklahoman NERFer.

#61 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:48 AM

Another downside ive been thinking about is weight. Lets say your longgshot has a DTG intergrated on the bottom.Thats already going to weigh a bit, but no big deal.The you throw a huge 35 round drum mag into the lonshot.If it even firs, its going to be a little heavy.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#62 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:35 AM

Jesus! Already planning a super-mag-clip?

One of the first things I thought of when I saw that drum mag in the original thread was taking two of them, and a pair of recons, and building a crazy Storm Bolter * mod, just for the heck of it. (It would also be mildly useful in the indoor wars that are my general form of nerfy goodness.) Of course, that depends on wether it would be possible to use this thing in a backwards facing direction. It could be done (with a bit of work) with the current CS6 clips, so it may be possible with this as wel, but I won't know for sure until I get my hands on one.

* A Storm Bolter is a weapon from the Warhammer 40,000 tabletop wargame. It is basically a pair of high-calibre machine guns welded together in what is known as a "combi-weapon" style. The recon bears a decent resemblance to the Bolter weapons in Warhammer 40,000, and I've considered a cosmetic mod like this before, but a pair of drum mags would really sell the look for a lot of fans.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users