Magnificent 7

123 replies to this topic

#1 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

2008 was a banner year for Nerf. Our community has grown substantially and more people are organizing and attending Nerf wars than ever before. As such, the demand for quality venues and events has grown as well.

With that in mind, 7 of us have decided to form a new clan for the purpose of hosting high-quality Nerf wars, and generally kicking (substantial amounts of) ass. Our current roster is Dark Shrimp, Famine, Groove, Kuhlschrank, OMC, Talio and myself. Our plan is to host 7 wars spaced throughout 2009 utilizing several different locales along the East Coast and encourage a variety of war types and play styles while throwing in some interesting new twists along the way.

Our Current War Schedule will include (but is not limited to) the following events:

- March Meltdown @ Millcreek Park: Talio's gonna' kick our schedule off with a bang. I'd say more, but his planning thread will be up in a week or so, and you'll get all the Viking you can handle at that point.

- DDT @ TBD: Two words; Total Warfare. It's something you've never seen from a nerf war before.

- Apoc @ Deal Test Site: The Biggest nerf war on the planet returns, courtesy of Kuhlschrank.

- DCNO @ The Greater DC area: The south, and Groove, WILL rise again! (Groove's rising may or may not be a euphemism)

More info will be available on all these events and several more as we get further into the season. We'll try to throw a tentative calendar together, and you can expect planning threads at least a month and a half before these things go down.

Now that we have your attention, however, we do want to throw out a few ground rules. All our wars are going to follow some standard guidelines. We'll discuss these more in depth later on in this thread, but we want to start with what people may need the most time to adjust to.

We have a brief list of weapons that will not be allowed at any of our wars. There will be situational exceptions, but we will not be evaluating guns on a case by case basis. In other words, if we say you can't use it, don't bother bringing it.

Banned Guns:
ALL Titans
5ks
Doomsayers
Homemade Air guns
Guns with plugged pumps that were designed to shoot anything larger than a mega dart. (LBB/BBBB, Signal Launchers, etc.)
Any shield aside from a single, intact manta ray. (Hits on anything else must be taken.)

I think all that's left to say is Nerf On or Fuck Off

Posted Image

VACC

#2 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

Banned Guns:
1. ALL Titans
5ks
2. Doomsayers
Homemade Air guns
Guns with plugged pumps that were designed to shoot anything larger than a mega dart. (LBB/BBBB, Signal Launchers, etc.)
3. Any shield aside from a single, intact manta ray. (Hits on anything else must be taken.)

This is awesome!

1. Does this include shotgunned titans? Please say no.

2. Doomsayers? Wow, that sucks, I was about to make one.

3. Do Manta shells on other guns count? How 'bout bent manta ray shells?

Edited by Ubermensch, 07 January 2009 - 03:23 PM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#3 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

Would Doomsayers with less than 3 springs be o.k.?
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#4 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

This is an awesome idea, but will you be limiting your wars only to the east-coast?

#5 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

I think this is great but they're not going to travel far for their own war.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#6 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

I think somone in this world hates doomsayers as much as I do! And I love the mag7 poster.
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#7 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

Whats bad about doomsayers?
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#8 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Whats bad about doomsayers?

Amazing range and amzing rate of fire. It's a great blaster, that's what is so bad about it.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

You need a cowboy hat on the skull.

Cool idea, but now OMC needs to change his name.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#10 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

I'm jealous, both at you guy's ability to hold Effeminate wars, and the fact that you can attend said wars. Good luck, sounds like a really cool project, lucky mofo's who can trek down there.

#11 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

Busta, no he wouldn't he is like the Independent Republic of One Man Clan.

Did groove make the cool poster?
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#12 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

I can NOT wait for DCNO. :unsure:
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#13 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

So Talio is LGLF and Mag 7?

#14 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

1. Does this include shotgunned titans? Please say no.
3. Do Manta shells on other guns count? How 'bout bent manta ray shells?

Sorry, but ALL Titans means ALL Titans. I don't think we care if you alter the shape of your manta, but you cannot add to it, and it must be attached to the original gun shell.

Would Doomsayers with less than 3 springs be o.k.?

Again, Doomsayers are Doomsayers as far as this is concerned.

This is an awesome idea, but will you be limiting your wars only to the east-coast?

The wars will be where we live and nerf. So NJ, PA, and VA most likely.

So Talio is LGLF and Mag 7?

Talio is no longer a member of the LGLF. In fact, the LGLF have been aware of our machinations for some time. The LGLF are very cool guys and I'm sure we'll be nerfing with them on a regular basis, as we have been recently. Maybe we can even start a friendly rivalry. It should be fun.

#15 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

I wonder if I can get a SE contingent together for DCNO. The SouthEast is under-represented...

I'm assuming that modified water guns count as air guns.

Edited by Shadowblade, 07 January 2009 - 08:24 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#16 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

Kind of a personal problem of mine but what about plusbows, every one I have seen can out perform any pump plugged LBB.
I'm assuming a singled doomsayer RFPAS is still legal.

Skitzo-

Edited by Skitzo, 08 January 2009 - 02:54 AM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#17 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

Sorry to throw out more questions, but I'm wondering about Big Salvos.

Technically they fire arrows, and though they barely can break 100', it would fall under the ban list, so I just wanted to make sure before I throw marvelous salvos on my favorite primaries.

I'll definitely not be able to make it to "March Meltdown" but I'll be in South Carolina starting in April, and maybe I can make some East Coast wars this summer.

#18 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

^That's exciting. DCNO might be a great oportunity to get a SE contingent together. I'm not sure about my Apoc. status, as it falls around the date of my girlfriend's birthday.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#19 infidel

infidel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

Um, is there any other person on Vancouver Island near Victoria that would want to have a war? I really want to attend a war but I'm not aloud to go far from Victoria to attend a war.

infidel
"yeah, we suck in close combat. its a shame you'll never get there."

"you CAN have your cake and eat it too"

"school is a microcosm of society"-elmo

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow because delay may give clearer light as to what is best to be done."
Aaron Burr

#20 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

I'm assuming a singled doomsayer is still legal.

A singled RFPAS is not worthy of that name.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#21 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

That's exciting. DCNO might be a great opportunity to get a SE contingent together. I'm not sure about my Apoc. status, as it falls around the date of my girlfriend's birthday.

Yeah, DCNO would be a great opportunity for some of the southern clans to swap words/foam with some of the Nerfers up North that attend DCNO. We've been having more and more people from different states driving to attend these things. The more the merrier; you will not be disappointed.

Did groove make the cool poster?

Yes, I did. And you can count on seeing us with some bitchin' customized Nerf apparel using that logo at these events, too.

I'm assuming that modified water guns count as air guns.

Yeah, sorry to say that your modified Super Soaker will not be legal.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#22 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:50 PM

So you say all Titans so that would include the Chimeras I would imagine.

That leads me to ask... Why? A Chimera fires about the same as a BBBB

Edited by Fenixharth, 07 January 2009 - 11:52 PM.

#23 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

So you say all Titans so that would include the Chimeras I would imagine.

That leads me to ask... Why?

The Chimera was a little overpowered, at least it was at apoc 08'. A dart whizzed by my head from one about 60-70 ft away and it was going a bit too fast even for my taste.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#24 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

It fire's at about the same as a BBBB and I don't see why if the Chimera would be banned for being to strong that the BBBB's wouldn't be banned as well.

#25 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

What happened to the Four Horsemen?

I also think Crossbows should be banned, too, just to make everything even.

Edited by keef, 08 January 2009 - 12:25 AM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users