Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

152 replies to this topic

#126 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 01:41 PM

I'd just like to add that this war is going to PW33N.

And for you new guys we're totally serious on the eyewear rule, no eye protection and you will NOT be playing, we've had to turn kids away before and it sucks.

Or, even worse, we'll stick you with the dicky safety goggles and you'll be mercilessly mocked and ridiculed by your peers.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#127 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:17 PM

Or, even worse, we'll stick you with the dicky safety goggles and you'll be mercilessly mocked and ridiculed by your peers.

And appearantly, after the glasses, you become Captain Suave. Btw, Suave moved to Texas
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#128 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:06 PM

That sucks, whos he going to have nerf wars with?

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 17 February 2004 - 09:07 PM.

ko

#129 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:23 PM

I'd just like to add that this war is going to PW33N.

And for you new guys we're totally serious on the eyewear rule, no eye protection and you will NOT be playing, we've had to turn kids away before and it sucks.

Okay. I'm coming for sure.

About the eyewear thing: are sunglasses really enough? Or should I wear something more protective?

I'm bringing about 100 darts. I hope it's a good amount.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#130 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:36 PM

Sunglasses are fine, that's what we all wear. We don't allow guns that are powerful enough to need more than sunglasses for protection.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#131 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:57 PM

I remeber at the second Armageddon I took off my shades for a whole war, and within 20 seconds of putting them back on I got shot in the sunglasses lol. I've always worn eye protection since!
~SS

#132 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:54 AM

...I'm bringing about 100 darts. I hope it's a good amount.

Grinchy, I brought 100 of my darts to Armageddon last year, and I did never ended up using them all. You probably won't stay alive long enough to make any use of that many - even if you find yourself the team's "ammo slut" (as I think I was dubbed). 100 is a good number.

Man, I wish I could come back and war with you guys. How cheap do you think plane tickets are this early in the year? :P

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#133 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 11:26 AM

You coulda picked a college in California Groove... I hear we have a few <g>

$288 roundtrip.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#134 NerfManiac

NerfManiac

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 01:00 PM

That's a pretty good price, dude! What airline is that, cxwq?
You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
- Taggart (Blazing Saddles)

#135 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 01:02 PM

I don't recall, I just did a search on orbitz and travelocity.

#136 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:55 PM

If I can't convince my parents to let me drive to Jersey again...Maybe I can pay for half of that and they'd let me go again for another 'Geddon. Am I still welcome at the house o' Cxwq if I bring Virginia peanuts again? :P

#137 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:00 PM

::double take::

Again? When were you in Jersey and when do you plan to be here again?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#138 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:53 PM

Am I still welcome at the house o' Cxwq if I bring Virginia peanuts again? :P

Well, you hadn't come home in awhile so I gave your room to Ana.

But you could always crash on the sofa.

#139 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:27 PM

::double take::

Again?  When were you in Jersey and when do you plan to be here again?

Hehe...I asked my parents last summer if I could drive to Jersey for Apoc. Somehow I convinced them that Armageddon and a 5 & 1/2 hour plane ride was safer. I've only been to Jersey once, and that was Stone Harbor, when I was a wee tot.

Cx - let me talk to my parents. I know it's early, but the earlier we plan the less I have to pay. I think I finally finished my payment to my parents for the trip by December of '03, (:P) but then again my plane ticket was about twice the price of what you just mentioned. By the way...is VACC coming this year? Or is he going to buy the assorted multi-channel surround sound speakers and pole dancers that come with his behemoth TV?

Edited by GrOOvE, 18 February 2004 - 06:29 PM.

#140 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:42 PM

Ah. One more question: how many guns is it customary to bring? I've never been to a major war, but in smaller wars I usually just take a 1500 and a Lock 'n Load. Should I take more than that, or does it all really depend on what I'm comfortable with?
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#141 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:45 PM

While I'm not even on the same coast as you guys, and chances are, I'm not coming to this...

Grinch, you'll always want some spares. Whether for a change in situation, to lend some out, or if one breaks, it's a good idea to bring extra blasters with you, along with some repair tools.

Never take any offers to go to some man's car for some lube.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#142 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:55 PM

Bring whatever you think you might want to use during the course of the day. You may get bored with one load and want to vary it to change your strategy. You may find yourself on a team that's very lopsided with lots of long range or lots of short range and want to balance your team out by changing your load.

I usually bring:

2 EaB
2 AT3k
2 SSII/LnL

My load is either EaB/SSII akimbo, or AT3k. The extras are backup in case I have problems with a gun. I usually end up loaning out the extras but frequently don't get them back working so I will probably discontinue that practice.

The thing that surprised the hell out of me the first time I went to a LANO was that the guns that I liked the best in my backyard didn't fit my playing style at all in a large-scale war. I loved my SF and my SM1500 until I actually played a couple of LANOs with them, now I can't imagine using them. You'll quickly get a feel for what you're really comfortable with when there are 8 people hunting you down.

Simple rule: If unsure, bring it.

#143 ZATZAi

ZATZAi

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:52 AM

Eyewear? This is new to me, do glasses count, I hate wearing gogles ontop of them, it gives me double vision.

Anyone else from SM going down?

#144 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:30 AM

1. We've had this policy for at least the last year.

2. You really need to start reading at least the last page before posting, yes eyeglasses are fine.

3. Do come, it will be a jolly-good war.

4. Cheerio!

#145 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 07:51 PM

Yes, Zack is coming from SM.

recap:

Saturday the 28th, 9-5. We'll break for lunch around 12:30 or whenever a war ends close to then.

Be there before 9 if you want to make the first war cause we're gonna roll on time.

No eyewear, no play.

Bring your own darts and guns, sunscreen, bottled water, and preferrably a backpack or something to hold your shit over by whichever area we're in.

Don't bring your homemades, flares, military-style clothing, or dick friends.

more recap:

Venado is at 4 Deerfield, Irvine, CA 92604

Exit the 5 fwy at Culver and head west.
After 1 mile, turn left on Deerfield.
After 900 feet, find Venado on your right.

even more recap:

2 Cxwq, Mario
4 Spoon, Hubbard, Jordan, Jason
3 Jon, Mark, Brendon
3 Ice Nine, etc
1 ShortShit
1 Zatzai
2 Aquabat, Cam
2 Grinch, friend

#146 ZATZAi

ZATZAi

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:50 PM

I made this instruction guide for how to get to this thing without a car from Santa Monica. It could probably be edited for other areas to, the important bit is getting to Union Station. If you hate the idea of using an MTA bus, you can take the Big Blue bus #10 to Union station instead, but the MTA to the subway is faster.

My Guide

Also, I got a mirroe of the MTA and OCTA system map there as well.

MTA System Map

OCTA System Map

The OCTA runs as late as 9:30pm, MTA as late as 11:00pm, and the last Metrolink is 5:19pm, I suggest you catch the 4:25pm (The only other afternoon train going straight to Union Station LA). Also, not all Metrolink trains leaving the Tustin station go to Union station, make sure you got the right train, ask the conductor, or look at the LED display.

Please be sure to double check this before using it, I know the MTA and Metrolink sytems pretty well so I didn't call them on it, but I did call OCTA to make sure everything is ok. I myself will probably call Metrolink, MTA, and OCTA again before I leave on this journey.

Suggested departure time: 7:00am
Suggested return time: 3:30pm

#147 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:57 PM

So...Just wanna clarify.
The war is this saturday, February 28. It's at Venado, and it lasts from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Correct? Or were changes made that I am unaware of?

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#148 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:02 PM

That's an affirmative, Red Leader.

Since we have YANO newbies coming, here's an algorithm for finding us.

1. Enter the parking lot and continue to the far end where you will see an access road leading to a smaller parking lot 50 feet away near some tennis courts. Park on either end of this access road.

2. Check the picnic tables that are located between these two parking lots. If geeky people present, walk towards them with your hands in plain view and make no sudden moves. Return 1;

// Geeky people not found at picnic tables!

3. Walk around tennis courts while spinning at approx one cycle per 10 feet. Avoid the temptation to check the ground for protuding tree roots or rocks and keep your eyes focused on the horizon. Examine surrounding area for geeky people with plastic guns. Run towards them and tackle one or both of the people with hair past their shoulders. Return 1;

#149 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:54 PM

Yeah, I double-posted, so it goes.

Sunny and high of 63 degrees, our prediction is.

Regardless, we play rain or shine so bring a windbreaker or something if it looks like we might have some light showers.

#150 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:48 PM

so I'm out and my parents want me to die :-(
~SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users