We're up to 7 already?!

134 replies to this topic

#1 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

Location: Deal Park, Monmouth County New Jersey (directions below).

Date: Saturday, August 2, 2008.

Time: Arrive at 9:30 AM. War starts at 10:00 AM.

Hosts: Kuhlschrank & Shindig

---

PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Arrive at 9:30 AM
  • Lunch - Pack Light, you will be eating on the field.
  • Liquids - At least one gallon of water or Gatorade. We're talking about New Jersey in August. The humidity will be so high, you'll feel like you're running through a swimming pool.
  • Hat - Keeps your head out of sun.
  • Sunscreen - Spray sunscreen is encouraged.
  • Nerf Blasters and Darts - A least one primary and one SPRING pistol, a sufficient amount of darts also.
  • Eye Protection (if under 18) - Eye protection is cheap and worth it, CVS and Home Depot offer glasses/goggles.
  • Extra T-Shirts - See Liquids.
  • Expect to carry all items - We will be utilizing all available fields. Last year we did hike everything over to a gathering area before the day began. It's about 1/4 - 1/2 mile walk from the parking lot.
  • Clean up ALL garbage and items you bring on the field - Flagging tape, lunch items, water bottles, etc., all of these must be thrown out properly. If you leave trash behind, do not expect to be invited next year.
  • Follow Instructions from the Field Supervisors - Select individuals will be Field Supervisors at Apoc 08. Each player is responsible for listening to and following the instructions of these advisors; we cannot gaurantee that the day will progress smoothly otherwise.
PARTICIPANTS UNDER 18 MUST WEAR EYE PROTECTION. THOSE OVER 18 MAY CHOOSE NOT TO.

BLASTER RESTRICTIONS:

All blasters are subject to range and power testing by the hosts. If any blaster is deemed unsafe to those on its receiving end, it will not be allowed. If you own/use an extremely powerful modded or homemade blaster, bring something else as a back up. We've had few problems with this in the past, so use your best judgment; chances are your brass barreled 5k, titan, or spud gun is going to get the boot.

---

ROUND SCHEDULE:

1. 30 vs 30 (The Grove)
2. Option
  • Primaries (The Grove)
  • Primaries (Resurrection Forrest)
  • Multi-Team Battle (Undiscovered Country)
3. Option
  • Gunslinger Heaven (The Grove)
  • Pistols (Undiscovered Country)
  • Primaries (The Last Frontier)
4. Option
  • Primaries (The Grove)
  • Multi-Team Battle (Resurrection Forrest)
  • Pistols (The Last Frontier)
5. Gunslinger Heaven (The Grove)
6. Lunch
7. Great American Gore Fest (The Grove)
8. Multi-Team Battle: Clans (The Grove)
9. Option
  • Primaries (Resurrection Forrest)
  • Primaries (The Grove)
  • Primaries (Undiscovered Country)
10. Option
  • Multi-Team (The Grove)
  • Gunslinger Heaven (Undiscovered Country)
  • Pistols (The Last Frontier)
11. 30 vs 30 (The Grove)

Great American Gore Fest: Spring Pistols, Every Man For Themself, Sudden Death

Gunslinger Heaven: Before this war each nerfer will choose a partner and we will most likely break into two even battles, each with 2 man teams. You may only use a single springer single-shot pistol in this war. Each player begins with 2 hit points. When a player is hit for the first time he will take a flag out of his pocket and wear it somewhere visible on his person. This nerfer is now in Purgatory, and another hit sends him to hell (ie game over). However, if a nerfer in purgatory succeeds in sending another player to hell that player may remove the flag from his person (leave purgatory) and regain one hitpoint. Game ends when one team is left.

Field Supervisors:
Shindig
Kuhlschrank
Evil
One Man Clan
Groove

---

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:

Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit #105 - Eatontown / Rt 36 East
Follow signs for Rt 36 East - Long Branch.
Make an immediate Right at the 1st Traffic Light onto Hope Rd.
Take Hope Rd. for less than 1/2 mile, merge Right onto the ramp for Rt. 18 South
Take Rt. 18 South for approximately 2 miles to Exit #12A - W Park Ave / OAKHURST
Merge on to W. Park Ave heading East, continue for approximately 2 miles
At the 4th Traffic Light turn Right onto Whalepond Rd.
Take Whalepond Rd. for 1 mile and turn Right into the 3rd entrance for the park
There should be a parking lot immediately on your right.
If you come to a traffic light you've gone too far, turn around and then make a left into the first entrance you see.

GPS COORDINATES:

40°15'21.85"N
74° 1'25.08"W

GOOGLE MAPS INFO:

271 Whalepond Rd.
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
(if you don't specify the town it will take you to the wrong 271 Whalepond)

PARK MAP:

Here is also a link to a most excellently horrible MS-Paint image of the park.

The area designated "Trail Parking" is the preferred parking lot.
The area between "Leaf Compost Site" and "Bddy Soccer Field" offers additional parking along the fence.
The area designated "Overflow Parking" is probably a mile away from the actual Nerfing area. Arrive early.

---

PARTICIPANT LIST:

Definite: 41
Kuhlschrank
Shindig
Evil
Badger
Skitzo
Guest (1) - Skitzo
Silencer
Guest (1) - Silencer
Forsaken_angel24
deaddumpster
Guests (4) - Forsaken_angel24
Rover
Groove
Captain Slug
One Man Clan
Dark Shrimp
Splitlip
NerfOnFier
Guests (3) - NerfOnFier
DX
Evil Reaper
Willz
Fenixharth
Team Slayer
Guest (5) - Fenixharth
Keef
ice
biofreak2
analogkid
zach attack
Talio
Langley

Maybe: 17
Guest (1) - Badger
doubleshot
oompa
Guest (1) - shadowkid33
Ryan201821
jackster57
jwasko
Devious
Blink182
biofreak2
analogkid
Misc LCM (2)
Texansharpshooter
Guests (3) - Texansharpshooter
Guests (2) - Evil Reaper

---

OTHER NOTES: This will be used to answer other questions as needed.

The rounds will be varied. In order to give a large and small war appeal, we will be having multiple battles going on simultaneously during some points of the day.

This is going to be a huge war yet again. We're going to need your cooperation to make sure things run smoothly. Follow directions and we'll keep the day moving at a good pace. If you act like a moron, don't expect to have an open invite next year. If you piss us off, there are enough admins in attendance that one of us is bound to suspend you. You can find your responsibilities as an attendee in the first post. Don't act like a moron and this should be a really fun day.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#2 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

I am actually very saddened that I cannot make this Apoc, I am going to California that weekend.

#3 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:52 PM

I will defnitely be there, though I don't know who else will be coming with me. Possibly my friend Will from last year, as well as his girlfriend and mine.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#4 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

The ms paint link does not work, for me at least. And more on topic, I really hope that I can make this, after reading so much about these big wars, and seeing so many movies on them.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#5 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

Posted Image

This is the site, the white names are the names for the 3 different fields we will be using.

Horsemen, I think I have all the locations right, holler if any of them are off.

Edited by The Infinite Shindig, 09 May 2008 - 12:41 AM.

+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:23 PM

Assuming my work schedule keeps me here (and I hope it does), then I should be in. I might need a ride though; I can take wherever the Chinatown bus will take me, but from there, I'm kind of stuck. Or if anyone passes by Baltimore on their way there, let me know.

As such, I suppose put me down as a maybe; I should have more details in a week or two.

Hot-damn I love staying on the East Coast over the summer; it greatly expands my ability to attend wars.

~ompa

#7 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:46 AM

I fixed the link. It now points to the photo posted by Kuhlschrank. Most of the information I am using has been copied from last year's thread, since the war details are pretty much the same and there's no point in me rewriting all of it.

Just to clarify for those who are wondering: the first Saturday in August has been traditional for Apoc since the beginning. Even if I wanted to move the date, I wouldn't. Some people will be in Cali on July 12th, and I want to give them enough to time get their blasters mailed back from Cali in working order. Secondly, pushing the date forward will start to bump into college semesters and the end of summer. Summer wars always have higher attendance, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Ompa: I will be residing in the greater DC clusterfuck starting in June. I'll be looking to carpool up to Jersey that weekend myself.

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#8 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:37 AM

I'm almost a definate. I may be able to bring David to this one too, because he enjoyed it last year. I'll take up the responsibility of making the video if I come.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#9 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

I will be there.
I'm going to bring the beginnings of my "Clan" if I can get everyone organized by then.
At very least it will be me and 1 other.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#10 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:45 PM

Right now a "maybe" for me. I have to check available funds, traveling arrangements, and I'll need someone to pick me up from the appropriate airport. I'd like to make this war if possible.

I will update in a few weeks if I am going or not. We'll see how DCNO goes.

EDIT: Well if anyone is available to pick me up at Newark then I will go.

Edited by Ryan201821, 10 May 2008 - 01:51 AM.

#11 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:03 PM

I've never actually been to a big war, so put me down as a maybe. I will edit this when I know. Hopefully I'm not going on vacation.

Edit 2: Will be coming with one friend

Edited by Silencer, 27 May 2008 - 08:19 PM.

TMC

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:07 AM

You can count me in.
I might be able to come with 3 others.
I know Cardiac-Kid and Blink182 wanted to go. I will contact them.

I think I would rather fly this time though.
12 hour drive last time.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#13 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:57 AM

Count me in! I do have a question though, whats the status on the banned guns? I wouldn't want to pay to ship some of my stuff out there and not be able to use it.

Edited by Rover, 10 May 2008 - 09:57 AM.

#14 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:28 AM

I'll be there. Probably be traveling with Slug.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#15 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

I'll definitely be there if possible. I'm actually moving from NJ to western CT sometimes this Summer so not sure what the travel arrangements will be. If I can hitch a ride out of Ridgewood I'll make it for sure.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#16 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

If I get my passport and shit ready by then, I'll be going with Angel. Either my Father or Cory may be able to go as well. I can't fucking miss this for the world.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#17 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:51 AM

Put me down as a Maybe. I would be traveling with my dad on a business trip then go to the war on sat. then fly back Sunday. I would be coming from Maine. If I can get the logistics worked out with my parents then ill be there.

Jackster

#18 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

Put me down as a maybe as well. I have to speak with Groove and check on my job situation, but assuming both work out, I should be able to go.

~ompa

#19 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

It'll be kool to go, but unless someone else from Woodbridge VA or someone south of me is going and is willing to take a stranger on a 4+ hour road trip, I don't think I can go.

..unless I could get up to Baltimore and hitch a ride with Ompa. :)

Edited by Galaxy613, 29 May 2008 - 02:29 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#20 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

Let's just say that, hypothetically, some person (or possibly persons) were considering possibly, maybe coming to APOC from Pittsburgh.

What would someone suggest as far as getting there while not taking a car, and almost certainly not flying?

Thanks in advance.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#21 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:02 PM

Bus or a train
Teehee.

#22 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:26 AM

I was hoping for something a little more specific than that; I already figured it would be a bus or train, but I'm not sure where I should go.

For instance, I was looking at a Greyhound bus to Newark airport. It's almost an hour from Deal Park, though, so I (and, again, possibly others) would either need a ride from there to the war, or someone to clue me in to the local public transportation system.

If anyone recommends a different bus station, or maybe even a different bus company, please let me know.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#23 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:28 AM

By Amtrak, you can ride from Pittsburgh to Metropark, NJ. That is right off the parkway and closer to the war than Newark Airport. My estimate shows that you'd pay about $200 round trip.

#24 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

and the Metropark is on my way to the war, so I could pick you up on the way. It might be a better idea for me to look at the plans though. You might want to overnight the trip. If West Coasters are coming, I'll most likely be hosting them, so let me see what space I have available before I go and promise everyone a bed.
I hate you.

#25 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:09 AM

7 hours and 5 minutes to drive it....

Hmm, I'll check on my money and work status the week or so before Apoc, Is there anyone that wouldnt mind me crashing out in my car in their driveway? I could easily come down the day before, crash in my car, go to the war, and go home the day after

After DCNO, i'm fucking stoked for this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users