226 replies to this topic

#126 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

hey it's Akira, can I come?

Is there any answer to this other than YES?
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#127 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

Yeah. "Fuck yes."

~ompa

#128 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

Can someone fill me in on who Osiris is?
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#129 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

Someone from before both of our times. Come to DCNO and find out for yourself.

By the way, to get this back on track, I need you to put me down now as a maybe Groove. I still haven't heard from the auto body shop as to when I will get my car back. I was in an accident two weeks ago and the rental can't leave the state if I still want my insurance to pay for it. I'll keep you posted. Last time I talked to the mechanic they said that it should be done in time, but that was last week and I have no new information since then.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#130 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

Don't be a pussy, just walk. Mail your guns ahead of time and then all you have to bring with you is a few days' worth of food and water. Maybe you could even hitchhike.
SexD Warves

#131 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

Hitchhike = Bad
Bad Knee + Long Ass Walk = Bad
Mailing Guns = Funny Story, but still Bad

I know I went to survival school, but that was a long time ago when I was more agile and 40 pounds lighter. I should have my car back in time, so no worries, but I would rather play it safe.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#132 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

If you're really intent on attending, you could probably get yourself to NYC and take the Chinatown Bus down to Baltimore. How you get there from Baltimore is up to you, but it's alot easier I believe to get to the war from Baltimore.

~ompa

#133 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

I want to come to this war but I would be missing 2 nights of raiding. I don't want to lose my veteran rank in my guild for not showing up. See you guys next time.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#134 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:31 PM

I want to come to this war but I would be missing 2 nights of raiding. I don't want to lose my veteran rank in my guild for not showing up. See you guys next time.

Your missing Nerf for WoW? :mellow:

Someone from before both of our times. Come to DCNO and find out for yourself.

...both of ours? The plot thickens! :lol:

#135 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

I am now bringing at least one person with me, but I may have two.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#136 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

You are dead to me.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#137 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

I got some questions guys, concerning extra ammo.

How do you guys store your ammo at home and in transportation? During a round of a game, how much ammo do you bring with you to the field, and where do you keep it? (Do people just use their pockets or do people just rely on gun-mounted slots..)

I want to know so I am prepared for combat and be the least useless as possible my first war.

#138 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

I have a small bag that mounts on my belt, that has a little locking mechanism to keep it closed; I just have to twist it and it opens. It's worked wonders for me so far, but I've only been to one major war thus far, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

~ompa

#139 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

I got some questions guys, concerning extra ammo.

How do you guys store your ammo at home and in transportation? During a round of a game, how much ammo do you bring with you to the field, and where do you keep it? (Do people just use their pockets or do people just rely on gun-mounted slots..)

I want to know so I am prepared for combat and be the least useless as possible my first war.

I usually carry two zippered pouches along with an ammo belt.

#140 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

I use the cargo pockets on my shorts and sometimes either the mesh bags that te taggers come in, or old militray magazine holders.

In the end, it comes down to whatever you are comfortable with and your own personal playstyle.

Edited by badger, 10 May 2008 - 07:05 PM.

As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#141 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

I too just use a zippered pouch. Enough to carry 30 darts.
Darts are store upright in shoe-box size tupperware containers.

If you're really intent on attending, you could probably get yourself to NYC and take the Chinatown Bus down to Baltimore. How you get there from Baltimore is up to you, but it's alot easier I believe to get to the war from Baltimore.

~ompa

The Dragon Coach goes from Manhatten to Washington, D.C. for only $24 one-way.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 10 May 2008 - 07:15 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#142 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

Hitchhike = Bad
Bad Knee + Long Ass Walk = Bad
Mailing Guns = Funny Story, but still Bad

I know I went to survival school, but that was a long time ago when I was more agile and 40 pounds lighter. I should have my car back in time, so no worries, but I would rather play it safe.

I think he was being facetious Badger.

I won't have my plusbow done on time, and my at3k is crapping out on me. Anyone got a decent primary that I might be able to borrow for this war?
Updated 6/2/08
We are the proud members of University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society, summer plans are:
Weekly games and summer Dart o' War.
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

visit www.umdnerf.com for rules and forums or PM me for any questions. We always welcome outside players.

#143 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

~ompa

The Dragon Coach goes from Manhatten to Washington, D.C. for only $24 one-way.

Better not to trust the Chinatown bus companies.

Vamoose runs from Penn Station, NYC to Bethesda, MD (2 or 3 metro stops from the war)
Washington Deluxe has a few pickup points in NYC, and a few drops in DC.
BoltBus is another company, a variety of pickups in both cities.

Find whichever has the best time for you, happy to pick you up from the metro stop. It's across the street from the downtown area, if you remember the war site from last time.

Akira, nice to hear from you. How's senior year going? I hope to see you at the war.

-Dean
Tyranny Response Team

#144 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

Squishy, if I manage to finish my LS on time, I may be able to lend you an AT3k; sadly though, it might only chamber Slug's darts well, just as a warning.

~ompa

#145 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

Squishy, if I manage to finish my LS on time, I may be able to lend you an AT3k; sadly though, it might only chamber Slug's darts well, just as a warning.

~ompa

Thanks a load. If worst comes to worst I'll just get some streamlines.
Updated 6/2/08
We are the proud members of University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society, summer plans are:
Weekly games and summer Dart o' War.
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

visit www.umdnerf.com for rules and forums or PM me for any questions. We always welcome outside players.

#146 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:27 PM

Anyone got a decent primary that I might be able to borrow for this war?

I'll have plenty of extra guns. You can use my A2TK or a SS2 if you want. I won't have any barrels though.

Edited by Ryan201821, 11 May 2008 - 02:02 PM.

#147 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:58 AM

I too will have extras blasters w/ barrels on hand (3 big blasts and 2 nitefinders) because it's quite likely I will have a handful of recruits in the next week. My church is starting to get interested in Nerf so we're holding a modification workshop on both Wednesday and Saturday this week.
War to be organized and scheduled for some date in June.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 11 May 2008 - 04:59 AM.

#148 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

Better not to trust the Chinatown bus companies.

I'm not referring to the quirky little kiosks. I'm referring to
http://www.gotobus.com/dragoncoach/

Admittedly though, Greyhound has very similar routes for comparable prices. There are TONS of bus options available in DC.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 May 2008 - 05:10 PM.

#149 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

Well, I'm definitely coming to DCNO again. I just got my car back today from the body shop, so all is well again.
As Carbon once said,

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

#150 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Well, this may end up a no-go for me, not sure if i want to trust my piece of shit to a 12-hour drivefest (there and back)

if i can get it working more reliably, i'll be there, most likely trailed by a wall of black smoke, and pissed of pedestrians

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users