With that gun you could even make a matching outfit.
I get the image of Rob Halford taking up Nerfing. As it was, I was humming "The Sentinel" to myself as I was hammering rivets.
And that's some nice work, Kabuki...
On to the night's improvements.
Figuring a way to attach the shield, while keeping it removable...I decided to use a "ciip-on" method, taking advantage of my various tubing sizes. I decided to use PVC rings and chicago screws to add clips to the shield, which then can just snap on to the body of the gun. Since the areas that I wanted to attach to were 1.25" PVC and 3/4" couplers, I could use rings of 1.25" couplers and 1.25" PVC. I know this little description isn't clear, but the following pictures should clear it up.....
And, how it all looks:
I made a slight revision to the triggers, in that it's now "handed". I have it set up for a right-handed trigger, but that's easy enough to switch, by flipping around the trigger towers. I ended up going that route because I was having problems with the trigger pull using my ring finger....no quite enough leverage. The fix was both lucky and easy. I had only trimmed off one of my trigger pivots, inside the tee. I just attached the pull ring to the absolute end of the mending plate, and not I have a trigger which I can pull with my middle finger with better leverage.Stuff still to do:
Fix the front trigger cowling....it's a bit short, and wobbles badly.
Add a second CPVC tee to my other plunger rod...the keychains are uncomfortable in this position.
Some manner of gauntlet/cuff. I won't need near as much reinforcement as I thought, though.
I may need to tweak barrels, as I was getting double-fires this afternoon.
And a proper paint job.
Edited by Carbon, 19 April 2015 - 04:53 PM.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.