Anyone

40 replies to this topic

#26 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • State:California

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

I agree with elf_avec_gun, that is really the only good way they could have ended it. There is no happy ending that could come out of that.

And the monster is pretty freaking cool looking (Monster) . It looks like that, but less like a whale, and the louse things are more spidery.

Here is a youtube video that has some pretty accurate Monster Drawings

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 22 January 2008 - 12:39 AM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#27 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

Fuck Cloverfield. The only good thing about it is that they used a new visual effects program called Vue6. Everything looks real with that. Except the Statue's head in the trailer, not so realistic.

All monster movies are the same. Monster wrecks city, monster is destroyed or runs home. You can't tell me that there is a difference in this movie.

This is not a comment against the director or writer, just the movie content and theme.

I truely have to disagree with you. This monster movie was not the same as the others. While others had only the big monsters (except the American Godzilla, but the babies weren't running around everywhere), this one also introduced the paracites, making it like a mix between Godzilla and Aliens.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#28 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

I've been following this movie for a hell of a long time. The viral marketing was insane. All of the "fake" websites, like Slusho, Targuto Corp., and 1-18-08.com were awesome.

Fuck Cloverfield. The only good thing about it is that they used a new visual effects program called Vue6. Everything looks real with that. Except the Statue's head in the trailer, not so realistic.

All monster movies are the same. Monster wrecks city, monster is destroyed or runs home. You can't tell me that there is a difference in this movie.

You obviously haven't seen the movie, The monster isn't destroyed/runs home. Also in almost every monster movie you have some idea as to what the fuck is going on. No one knows where the monster comes from, why it came, or what happens to it.

(was it just me, or did something fall into the ocean when they were recording on the Carousel?)

Yes, something did, but I don't believe it was the monster.
Read the FAQs on IMDB, it answers a lot of questions.

I didn't really think those pictures Axelion posted were very accurate, and its damn hard to find a good picture on the internetz.

I would love to see a sequel/prequel of this that gives out more information.

Edited by sam, 22 January 2008 - 11:59 AM.

#29 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

The FAQ really is illuminating. I felt like it answered every question I had.

Here is the link, in case anyone else wants to read it: http://imdb.com/title/tt1060277/faq

Also, I thought this was pretty hilarious

On Hud's official viral Myspace.com page his height was changed on the day following the movie's debut to 2'6" implying that his lower body has been severed from his upper body and all that remains is 2'6" of his upper body.

"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#30 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:59 PM

I did not really enjoy the movie.

Beth was hot, though.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#31 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:23 PM

Beth was hot, though.

Damn skippy she was.
But what happened to Lilly?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#32 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:24 PM

it looks stupid, but i might see it this saturday. (cough godzill knockoff cough)
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#33 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

I thought it had been mutated from when it overtook the oil factory or something. What were the terrorists in the oil factory doing? Do you think they have something to do with the monster?

Nine Inch Nails have a GREAT viral game based on year zero. Its still going on, Its really interesting too.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#34 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • State:Mississippi

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:01 PM

Did every one see the right side of the screen at the VERY END of the movie? Makes the ending much much better.

Edited by PREDATOR, 24 January 2008 - 08:01 PM.

QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#35 foamforce123

foamforce123

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Terrible acting. Plot totally ripped off from this korean movie called The Host and the idea of a giant reptilian monster tearing through a major city is taken from Godzilla. Also it wasn't even very scary, all it was was corny blood splattering and spraying. Also the ending was just disappointing. I am hearing rumors about a sequel but still, the ending was just terrible. If you want to see an original monster move, go watch Godzilla or The Host.

Edited by foamforce123, 24 January 2008 - 10:13 PM.

Deal wit it.

#36 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • State:Mississippi

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:00 AM

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Terrible acting. Plot totally ripped off from this korean movie called The Host and the idea of a giant reptilian monster tearing through a major city is taken from Godzilla. Also it wasn't even very scary, all it was was corny blood splattering and spraying. Also the ending was just disappointing. I am hearing rumors about a sequel but still, the ending was just terrible. If you want to see an original monster move, go watch Godzilla or The Host.

Yes if any one watched the ending closely you can see something. Sequel could explain it.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#37 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:42 AM

No, I missed that very part at the end where you see something. I was probably looking at Beth.

Sputnik, I presume that Lily survives--yes, the least-developed character.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#38 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:22 AM

No, I missed that very part at the end where you see something. I was probably looking at Beth.

Wow. That made my day.

Sputnik, I presume that Lily survives--yes, the least-developed character.

Go figure.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#39 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:39 AM

I don't believe that you have seen both movies. They were sort of similar, but in no way a rip off. And by your logic of a giant reptilian monster destroying a city just being taken from Godzilla (who was actually a metaphor for America), any movie that had a similar plot would just be taken from the original. You could basically say that about any movie in any genre.

#40 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:18 PM

http://www.hasbrotoy...O&ID=21030&PG=1
Wow.
a toy monster, but it's not shipping till September!?

Seems kinda ridiculus.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#41 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

I saw the movie a while ago with a friend. It was kind of a last-minute decision, he called saying he was about to leave to see it, and I quickly agreed to go even though I had no idea what the movie was about. He explained on the way there, saying it was a monster movie and such. The movie was decent, but the main character was kind of dumb, and it cost him...but I liked the action.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users