Cloverfield...

Anyone

40 replies to this topic

#1 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:52 PM

Is there anyone out there that is going too see this movie?
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#2 Brummer

Brummer

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

Yes, I am a huge J.J. Abrams fan

#3 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

I'm supposed to go see it with my father tomorrow as his birthday present.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#4 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:14 PM

Watching it tonight @ 7:30!!!!11!!
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#5 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

This movie has soo much hype and apparently it lives up too those expectations.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#6 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:10 PM

Going tomorrow.

It's gonna be bitchin.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#7 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

I looks great, and I like J.J. Abrams, but I'm afraid it'll be another 'Snakes on a Plane' deal. I hope it's actually worth it to watch. Nothing ruins a cinematic experience like too much hype and too little movie.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#8 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

I looks great, and I like J.J. Abrams, but I'm afraid it'll be another 'Snakes on a Plane' deal. I hope it's actually worth it to watch. Nothing ruins a cinematic experience like too much hype and too little movie.

I couldn't agree more. I personally hope it's more like Snakes on a train. "Oh noes I had a curse put on me" "Oh noes we're on a train" "OMGS SNAKES EXPLODED OUT OF ME!". I wish I was kidding...

But yeah, looks like an awesome movie. How was it P.C. III?

#9 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:10 PM

Know the monster that attacks the city?
Not only will you not know pre-movie, but post-movie also. I'm an ass. Worst movie EVER.

#10 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

Not only will you not know pre-movie, but post-movie also. I'm an ass. Worst movie EVER.

So you never get a clear view of the monster?

Well, there goes the point of seeing a 'Monster Movie'...

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#11 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:03 AM

Just saw the movie, you see the monster clearly, but not in the beginning. I thought it was a good movie. People went to see it as a horror movie though, so they were basically watching a different movie than me. It was a suspense/survival film instead of a scare the shit out of you film. Basically it has a good story.

The whole movie was hand cammed which really added to the audience feeling as if they were there, and the reason you never really see the monster until the near ending is because JJ wanted us to feel as confused and disoriented as the people that were going through this event.

Thomas: You wouldn't know a good movie if it hit you in the groin. JJ is a great writer, the movie had a great story and plot. And I cant seriously know how you didn't see the monster in the movie, you must be blind.

Overall if you know good movies then you will like it, if you watch shit like Effeminate Movie and Meet the Spartans you will think its a big flop. Oh, and you need to see it in theaters or it will ruin the great sound effects that Lucasfilm made for the movie.

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 19 January 2008 - 01:09 AM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#12 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:05 AM

So you never get a clear view of the monster?

Well, there goes the point of seeing a 'Monster Movie'...

damn.

Well, to quote another recent movie,
"OWW OWW OWWFUCKEDDY OWW."

EDIT:

It was still a good movie.

Edited by sputnik, 19 January 2008 - 01:06 AM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

#13 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

I am going to watch it when it gets released for DVD, I can't stand watching movies at the theater. Too many loud people, too much gum on the floor. And AODL, Snakes on a Plane was good but I highly doubt this is going to be like that. Snakes on a Plane was supposed to be a campy joke movie, and this doesn't scream "cheesy" like SOAP did.

#14 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

Can anyone who got a good look at the monster PM me with details on what it looked like as not to spoil it for those who have not yet seen it?

Edited by AODL, 19 January 2008 - 11:29 PM.

#15 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

In all truth, I didn't love this movie. I give it a 4 out of 10.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#16 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:04 AM

I am just going to wair until lit comes out. Movie theatres are cool once and a while, but I got freakin movie theater in my living room! 90 inches baby! Projector! With Surround Sound!

you will think its a big flop. Oh, and you need to see it in theaters or it will ruin the great sound effects that Lucasfilm made for the movie.

I don't think so.

Edited by CornMan, 20 January 2008 - 01:05 AM.

#17 Chanclas

Chanclas

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:46 AM

Fuck Cloverfield. The only good thing about it is that they used a new visual effects program called Vue6. Everything looks real with that. Except the Statue's head in the trailer, not so realistic.

All monster movies are the same. Monster wrecks city, monster is destroyed or runs home. You can't tell me that there is a difference in this movie.

This is not a comment against the director or writer, just the movie content and theme.

Edited by Chanclas, 20 January 2008 - 02:47 AM.

QUOTE(Groove @ Oct 30 2008, 08:58 AM) View Post
I can say Rambo is easily one of the coolest guys I've ever met.
I'm sorry, but you just lost any and all respect I had for you.
-Groove

Tits > Video Games

#18 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

Shoot, monster movies have to be reallllllllyyyy good, or else they suck. And it's personal preference, I can't stand monster movies, and I thought it was pretty dumb. So don't tell me I don't know good movies.

#19 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

You're right Thomas, it is personal preference. Now I wouldn't say it was "reallllllllyyyy good" (8 l's) but it was still a good movie. And I had no right to insult you because of how you felt about one movie. I don't even know what other movies you've seen or what directors you fancy. Truce?

IMDb cloverfield 8.1 out of 10

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 21 January 2008 - 06:17 PM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#20 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

I enjoyed it very much. I would recommend it except for the fact that the ending failed to satisfy.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#21 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:47 PM

I have to agree. The ending was .... lame.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#22 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:56 PM

I have to agree. The ending was .... lame.

How else could it have ended? Think about it, this was the only good way to end it. Also, from a publicity stand point, this ending certainly has people talking about it.

I personally really liked the movie. It was a monster movie, to expect any plot other than the generic one is a little presumptuous but with this movie you get more than just a monster movie. It actually has a subplot. For the amount of money they spent on it, it was REALLY AMAZING. Think about it, the film has already earned about twice as much as it cost to produce it! And in January too! For anyone who wasn't aware January is generally the dumping ground for Hollywood's failures.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#23 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

I'm a sucker for survival/disaster movies, so this probably isn't too surprising, but I really enjoyed it. Our culture is obsessed with recording everything and I think the movie really played off of that- Obviously, the fact that the whole movie is a recording, but there are more subtle things too. (for example: all of the people taking cell phone pictures of the statue's head in the middle of some city wide emergency)

Although the first person camera view made me feel sick at times, it makes more an interesting movie-- I really liked the clips from Coney Island mixed in too- it made for an interesting way to change the pace of the movie (was it just me, or did something fall into the ocean when they were recording on the Carousel?)

Personally, I thought the lice-like small forms of the monster were the scariest. Their bites cause you to essentially explode? Crazy!
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#24 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

Personally, I thought the lice-like small forms of the monster were the scariest. Their bites cause you to essentially explode? Crazy!

I guess....
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#25 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:48 PM

An Oil factory fell into the ocean. It was on some website. Just Google "1-18-08" if you double the dashes you'll get a surprise.

Is the "monster" cool looking? I don't wanna waste 15 bucks.
Timothy M-Lick <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users