Photo

Possible War At University Of Maryland

need your input

113 replies to this topic

Poll: Interested? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be able to attend a war in January?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

When would be good for you? (please only answer this if you answered yes to the above)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:54 AM

Yes, you don't want to end up like this guy do you?
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#77 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:04 AM

Notice my member number? That's right, I've been Nerfing long enough to know the risks, and as a matter of fact, I've taken stefans to the eye. It's not all that bad.

#78 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:27 AM

I'm sorry Rambo, but your member number means shit when it comes to your stupidity concerning eye protection. Have you ever noticed how VACC, Groove, and OMC all wear eye protection, and their numbers are lower than yours. Could it be that you perceive not wearing eye protection as macho? Do you want to take the risk of the one lucky shot with the idiot shooting screw darts (we've all seen them on the fields before) and end up becoming blind in one eye? I personally would like to keep one of the only perfectly functioning parts of my anatomy intact.

Think about it in a different aspect. From my understanding, and I could be wrong, but Squishy's group has ties to the college. Do you want to ruin their chances of ever doing anything on campus again because someone got their eye torn up that had been informed to wear protection and didn't listen? You realize that the slip is not just a formality, but a legal responsibility release for the college and Squishy's group, though the college will still probably come down on them for letting you slip through.

Stop being a stubborn jackass and wear some shades or anything to protect your eyes.

By thw way, Squishy, it came in today. I'll test fire it at the site so we both can see what it can do. I have nowhere around my home nor the time to try it out myself. Maybe after Rambo sees my "precious" in action he will wise up and protect his eyes.

EDIT: To further answer whether you have to wear eye protection. Yes, due to the fact that you are a minor. The form states that you should since you are under the age of 18, so you are required to wear something to protect your eyes. I have never seen the form, but I know how these things work.

Edited by badger, 18 January 2008 - 02:39 AM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#79 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:37 AM

Yeah, I had no intent on conveying the message that my low member number granted me the right to not wear eye protection. All I was saying, which I explictly said, even, was that I know what happens because I've been to a lot of wars.

Do you want me to make a list of the people that have a lower member number that don't wear eye protection?

Here is my reasoning:
1) I don't like wearing any sort of glasses

Therefore, by the theory that states that I can do what I want, I don't need to wear any sort of glasses.

Are you even reading my post though? I CLEARLY asked Squishy if I was required to wear anything.

Oh yeah, and get your shit straight.
Posted Image

#80 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:42 AM

If you provide a signed slip absolving us or the univ. from any responsibility, then we will consider it, but we'd much prefer the eye protection. Slips will be presented at the war. Anyone under 18 doesn't have a choice, unless their parent shows up, and I lecture them. I hope to even be able to post the form to be sign in advance if everything works out allright.

Edited by Squishy, 18 January 2008 - 02:44 AM.

Updated 6/2/08
We are the proud members of University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society, summer plans are:
Weekly games and summer Dart o' War.
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

visit www.umdnerf.com for rules and forums or PM me for any questions. We always welcome outside players.

#81 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:47 AM

By the way Squishy, I just noticed that you have Maryann listed as a play at the war. She is simply the photographer. She doesn't play, though she has been shot because she was either in the line of sight of another person or some moron mistook her camera for a gun.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#82 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:59 AM

Just a personal update: My friends dropped out.
Again.
I'll be there alone.

Also, I need to clarify; Is the war only an hour, or is the indoor portion only an hour. If the entire war is one hour, this isn't worth it to me.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#83 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:59 AM

She doesn't play, though she has been shot because she was either in the line of sight of another person or some moron mistook her camera for a gun.

I am usually said moron.

Rambo, why do you HAVE to be right all the time? It's Squishy's ultimate call, as it is his war. He says glasses, and guess who is wearing fucking dart tag shades? End of discussion.
I hate you.

#84 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

I'm member number 165 and I do not wear eye protection. Mostly because sunglasses decrease my dodging abilities.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#85 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:04 PM

after a while you get used to DTG shades, which I have been holding onto, will have extra pairs. Currently trying to work out some issues with my art dept. Will give final word later today. If all else fails, you guys didn't see this, but we will have someone stay overnight and let us in. We have cleared it with the police and reservations office so far. We had origiobally been on with the art dept, but the person who said it was ok was out today. I hope going in person and being willing to negotiate, as well as bringing a standard blaster will help to relieve the worries.
Updated 6/2/08
We are the proud members of University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society, summer plans are:
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

visit www.umdnerf.com for rules and forums or PM me for any questions. We always welcome outside players.

#86 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

if you don't like wearing glasses, go to the hardware store and get one of those Face Shields they make. Part Number 5481T62. It's not glasses, and it protects your whole face instead of just your eyes.

It also makes the coolest sound when it gets hit.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#87 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

Just an update: I will still be coming tomorrow, but I will most likely not be staying all day. I would prefer to get in as much indoor play as possible since the weather will not be as permissive as it was in Jersey last weekend at Reckoning.

EDIT: I just found a huge-ass blister on my left heel. I'm not going to be running a whole lot tomorrow.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#88 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:30 PM

Rambo, why do you HAVE to be right all the time? It's Squishy's ultimate call, as it is his war. He says glasses, and guess who is wearing fucking dart tag shades? End of discussion.

I don't HAVE to be right. I have to have the right to do what I want with my eyes, unless there's a legality in the way - which is why I ASKED SQUISHY IF I COULD GO WITHOUT EYE PROTECTION.

if you don't like wearing glasses, go to the hardware store and get one of those Face Shields they make. Part Number 5481T62. It's not glasses, and it protects your whole face instead of just your eyes.

It also makes the coolest sound when it gets hit.

Because that's more comfortable...

#89 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:39 PM

I find they actually quite comfortable, and use one from time to time. It's kind of like wearing a headband or a cap, you really don't notice it after a while.

I think glasses are more comfortable, but I've been wearing them since 3rd grade, so maybe I'm just used to it. Seriously, I recommend using the face shield as an alternative to glasses.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#90 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

I'm going to have to bow out. The following math equation explains it all:

College Students + Big Hill + Snow + Alcohol = Bad

My back and neck are messed up enough that I'm not willing to drive anywhere, let alone UMD. I wish I could be there, but I'm not in the mood to drive all weekend just to be bitching the whole time.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#91 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

Update: I just talked to Squishy, and our final location is the [url=http://www.parking.umd.edu/themap/map.asp?location=F3&zoom=3]Art & Sociology Building[/rul]. Come down around 10:00 AM; the closest parking lots are AA, AA2, 7, and 1B.

#92 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:33 PM

please see the front page for the final update. ALL MINORS PLEASE COME WITH PROTECTIVE EYEWARE AND A SIGNED FORM.

Edited by Squishy, 18 January 2008 - 07:33 PM.

Updated 6/2/08
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

#93 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

I thought the indoor war was only going to last from 10am-11am. Am I right? How long is everything going to last. a rough schedule would be apreciated.

Edited by CAPS, 18 January 2008 - 08:54 PM.

It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#94 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

He's attempting to reserve use of most of the building for the whole day (10 AM-to-10 PM)

I don't expect we'll Nerf much beyond 11 AM to 5 PM
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#95 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:01 PM

I would love to answer you CAPS, but I really need to take care of things. I have a rough schedule in my brain.
Updated 6/2/08
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

#96 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:24 AM

Alright, I know this is really short notice, but one of my backup blasters crapped out on me.
Could someone possibly bring up a stock Big Blast for me to buy? I'd really appreciate it, and none of my local stores carry them anymore.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#97 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

Holy FUCK I overselpt, I don't know how that happened. Sorry guys.

#98 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:22 PM

I guess I'm the first one back. Understandable, seeing as I left early.

I think Squishy did really well for his first major war. There was too much idle time between rounds, though. (Up to 45 minutes!)
This was a great place to play, even though we only used 3 floors. I hope to come back very soon.
And we got lost on the way home ending up in the ghetto.
Thanks Squishy!

~Aslan

EDIT: Yay! Crossbow orgy!!!

Edited by lionhead333, 19 January 2008 - 09:02 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#99 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

Many unspeakable things took place.
Posted Image

Edited by CaptainSlug, 19 January 2008 - 07:33 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#100 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

Many unspeakable things took place.
Posted Image

Amen to that!

My highlights were:

-Grabbing Linda's thigh by surprise when playing Z&H. :D
-Getting shot by the Plusbow....or was it a Crossbow?
-Seeing Lancer's Airtech at it's finest.
-Seeing the guy with his Confetti Blaster in action

Man I had such a great time. Good job hosting Squish!
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users