Music

What kind do you listen to?

154 replies to this topic

#51 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:41 AM

For all you rap haters, listen to real rap/hip hop. 99% of the shit you hear on the radio sucks my dry, dry balls. If you've listened to some real stuff with an open mind and still don't like it then, you can say you don't like it,

Sam, you've got the right idea here. I'm a hard core metal fan, but I have some friends that are huge into hip hop. My buddies told me the same thing, I listened to the hip hop they listen to and I liked it. You're 100% right with the fact that 99% of what "rap" is today is "pop-rap". It's the same thing with rock, a good chunk of rock out there is "pop-rock" (like coldplay, nickelback, good charlotte, U2....the list goes on).

And generaly music that is soothing.

Why because I find it helps me get ideas from brain to paper to reality.

That's where Pink Floyd comes in. I have all their songs on my computer at work and it tends to make the day easier, not to mention make the idea production department run a little smoother.

Edited by Kenpachi_Taicho, 07 November 2007 - 09:45 AM.

#52 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:09 PM

Why does everyone hate rap? I'm not trying to change your opinions, listen to what you want, but there must be some reason why 90% of you hate it.

WARNING!

Some or all of the following statements may offend some people. Please try to maintain an open state of mind, and keep this as a reasonable discussion rather than a flaming inferno.

In my mind, rap isn't really music. Now, don't get me wrong: it can definitely be a way to express one's feelings in much the same way that music does. But, I don't know...it's just not the same.

For one thing, there is rapping and then there is singing. Now, some rap "songs" do contain something very close to actual singing (I can't think of any examples...and, heck, maybe they weren't even rap) and I can actually stand to listen to those. The same is true for the "music" component of a rap "song." It isn't really music, just a very repetitive beat. Some rap has something more complex than just a straightforward beat, and, again, I can almost stand those rap "songs."

If anything, I would call rap a kind of poetry (which I'm not a big fan of, either), while other genres of music (all the rocks, country, jazz, swing, techno, etc.) are, well..."music." And I do like at least a few songs from each of those genres.

Similar to Carbon, I really don't listen to the words of a song...in fact, I can't understand a lot of them even if I try, anyway. Instead, I just sort of sit back, relax, and enjoy the experience of the music as I allow myself to zone out (particularly easy to do if it's late and I'm laying in bed waiting to fall asleep). So, rap generally doesn't have what I want in a song.

And, last but not least, is the effect that rap seems to have on me whether I want it to or not. I really did get rather depressed after listening to that joke-y rap song by Flight of the Conchords yesterday, even though I tried to like it...I even watched three different Youtube videos of it! A weird reaction, I know, but I really did feel horrible after that third time. *shrugs*

So, there you go, SHA. At least writing this took up a large chunk of "boring time" aka working in the mailroom.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#53 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

Hip Hop was born out of Jazz. It is rhythmically driven, and is very improvisational. It is music, it just isn't melodic. Most of the music of the 20th century wasn't melodic, it was very atonal. At some point, the melodic part of music was abandoned, at least for a while. Which eventually gave us Rap music.

Saying that rap isn't music isn't offensive, it's just uneducated.

Back on topic, I'll stick with Bach, he's been around for 400 years and people still struggle to play his music. Can any other artist (or even genre) say that?
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#54 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

Nirvana
rooney
franz ferdinand
weezer
Modest Mouse
cheech and chong
radiohead
Red hot chilli peppers
TAAQ
Maroon 5
audislave
Black sabath
bright eyes
citizen cope
santana
cactus patch
coldplay
dave mathews
Led zepplin
Edgar winter group
The frattelis
ok go
Grateful dead
the killers
kraftwerk
man on earth
miles davis
Nena
R.E.M
the ramones
tom petty
Tenacuiious D
Blink 182
and a bunch of other stuff, this is the stuff i had in my playlist

Edited by pizlo, 07 November 2007 - 04:47 PM.

#55 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

Everything. Absolutely everything.

My favorite genre is easily modern classical, mostly in the film score area. Hans Zimmer, James Horner, and others.

A close second would be Effeminate Metal. No, not death metal and all that junk. Ever heard of Nightwish? Sonata Arctica? Blind Guardian? Look them up. Movie Score/Metal/Medieval/Ambient fusion like nothing else. Freaking amazing. Especially Nightwish.

Beyond that, I love it all. Rock, Country, Celtic (especially Celtic), Jazz, Hip-Hip, some rap, indie, you name it. Rascal Flatts, Josh Groban, Michael W. Smith, Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, Chris Botti, Maynard Ferguson, Tower of Power, Iron Maiden, Enya, Bad Haggis, Wicked Tinkers, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Kanye West, Black Eyed Peas, Yanni, Amy Grant, Erik Mongrain, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Newsies, Hairspray...

Basically everything.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#56 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:22 PM

Erm...

* "free bird"(greatest song EVAR)
*Weird Al
*MGS(what can i say? Its good!)
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#57 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:34 PM

Celtic Rock. I've been hooked on it since Enter the Haggis played at the local pub, 8 years later and it's still my favorite genre of music.

Celtic (especially Celtic),

Falcon, are you a fan of the Dropkick Murphys?

Edited by Paloose, 07 November 2007 - 05:37 PM.

#58 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

They're alright. I'm a bit more into the ambient side of Celtic Music. In my band back home (which happens to be based around Effeminate Metal, with an infusion of Celtic music) I play Bodhran and Uilleann Pipes, among others.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#59 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

In my mind, rap isn't really music. Now, don't get me wrong: it can definitely be a way to express one's feelings in much the same way that music does. But, I don't know...it's just not the same.

For one thing, there is rapping and then there is singing. Now, some rap "songs" do contain something very close to actual singing (I can't think of any examples...and, heck, maybe they weren't even rap) and I can actually stand to listen to those. The same is true for the "music" component of a rap "song." It isn't really music, just a very repetitive beat. Some rap has something more complex than just a straightforward beat, and, again, I can almost stand those rap "songs."

If anything, I would call rap a kind of poetry (which I'm not a big fan of, either), while other genres of music (all the rocks, country, jazz, swing, techno, etc.) are, well..."music." And I do like at least a few songs from each of those genres.

Listen to the Heiruspecs. If thats not music, then I don't know what is.

If the way lyrics makes it not music, is any almost any form of metal music, or anything where the lyrics sound different? If the beat is the problem, listen to techno, most of it is just as repetitive as rap/hip hop beats, if not more. All most all forms of music can be repetitive (ie nickleback, every song is the fucking same). Then again this assuming your not talking about mainstream rap, in which case I agree with with you on almost everything.
There is definitely some poetry in some hip hop/rap.

#60 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

Long reply on the way...

Heavy, Death metal. Thrash.... System of a down... Mudvayne, Stone Sour, Three Day's Grace. Lots o' stuff. Oh yeah! AFI. Can't forget them.

Funny that you like "Heavy, Death metal. Thrash... " when none of the bands you named are anywhere near heavy, death, or thrash metal... Don't take this as an attack, I like Stone Sour too, but don't call those bands any of those three genres. SOAD and Mudvayne are metalcore, Stone Sour, AFI and Three Day's Grace are all alt-rock (not too familiar with them, but I've also heard that AFI is punk).

I listen to

-queen
-Pink Floyd
-Mettalica
-Korn
-rammstien
-static-x
-Linkin Park
-Three Days grace
-Megadeath
-Iron maiden
-Guns'n'roses
-AC/DC
-System of a down

And Disturbed, I can't believe that no one has mentioned disturbed yet.

This simple explanation might answer your question: Disturbed is not talented. In a later post you stated that you were 'hardcore into metal.' Again, don't take this as an attack, but I find it funny since three bands you've listed are actually metal - Metallica, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden.

What usually turns me off of rap is the lyrics. True, rock lyrics can be equally mysogynistic and violent, but rap instrumentation tends to be a lot more sparse, bringing the lyrics to the forefront. I've found that I usually concentrate on the music in any given song and ignore the actual words, but that's harder to do with rap. I've stumbled across a few rap albums where the lyrics are different from the norm, and I tend to like them more. (like one of my favorites of any genre, Deltron 3030, which is a sci-fi rap Effeminate. That, and Dan the Automator is a great DJ. His presence was missed from later Gorillaz albums.)

Carbon, I enjoy rap/hip-hop purely because of the lyrics. Certain artists like Kanye West, Heiruspecs( know someone else mentioned this group ) are very crafty in their lyrics, and as such, it is fun to listen to them. I appreciate great composition of metal second-to-none, but hip-hop lyrics are the only attraction to the genre for me...

Yeah, the only "music" in rap / hip-hop is generally a repetitive techno/trance/percussion beat, but groups like Heiruspecs actually have drums, guitar, and bass in all their songs. They also have some piano too. Rap / hip-hop isn't something I can listen to when falling asleep or when working out, I agree with you there, but sitting here, I can listen to it and relax. I can hear the lyrics without concentrating to try to hear them. If you don't get it from it then fine, but I used to be the same way, and now I can appreciate the genre because I've listened to some good artists - Kanye, Heiruspecs, and Sweatshop Union are the three that come to mind.

Anyway - onto my music choices. My current playlist is set to the following metal bands -
The Project Hate MCMXCIX, Mors Principium Est, and Decapitated (R.I.P. Vitek)

These are taken pretty much verbatim from my Facebook, with a few changes(bold = absolute favorite, regular = favorite, but not to the same degree)

A Perfect Circle(Alt-Rock), Agalloch(Folk Metal), All That Remains(Metalcore), The Ascent Of Everest(Ambient/Post-Rock), Aux Raus(Trance/Trip-Hop), Be'lakor(Melodic Death Metal), Daysend(Melodic Thrash Metal), Decapitated(Technical Death Metal), Deftones(Experimental), Desire(Doom Metal), Devin Townsend(Progressive Metal), Dimmu Borigir(Melodic Black Metal), El Ten Eleven(Ambient/Post-Rock), Eluvium(Ambient/Post-Rock), God Is An Astronaut(Ambient/Post-Rock), Ihsahn(Extreme Progressive Metal), Katatonia (Only early stuff before their Depressive Rock phase)(Doom Metal), Lebanon(Ambient/Post-Rock), Mercenary(Melodic Death Metal), Meshuggah(Technical Post-Thrash Metal), Miles Davis(Jazz), Monoland(Ambient/Post-Rock), Mors Principium Est (Melodic Death Metal), My Dad Vs. Yours(Ambient/Post-Rock), Persefone(Symphonic Progressive/Death Metal), The Project Hate MCMXCIX(Industrial Melodic Death Metal), Sopor Aeternus And The Ensemble Of Shadows(Darkwave), Steve Vai(Guitar), Still Remains(Metalcore)

Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Armor for Sleep, Becoming the Archetype, Between the Buried and Me, Boysetsfire, Bush, thecastingout, Celtic Frost, The Chemical Brothers, The Clan Destined, Coldplay, Darkest Hour, Dead Poetic, Desire, Efterklang, Emperor, Impelliterri, It Dies Today, Meanwhile, Back In Communist Russia, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, Powergod, Project 86, Protest the Hero, Psychotic Waltz, Opeth, Rage, Rage Against the Machine, Remembering Never, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Saturnus, Soilwork, Team Sleep, Thrice, Thundra, Thursday, Underoath(Define the Great Line ONLY), Unearth, Zyklon

None of the hip hop I mentioned earlier made it on there yet.

#61 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

(of which brain stew is the best song ever!) And Brainstew is the best song ever!

You do know what that song is about right?

...isn't that the really depressing song about being a lonely looser jacking off?...

Nah, that's Longview. Brain Stew is about a guy who can't sleep because he's on speed.

Anyway, this is what I listen to:

Rock --
Fall Out Boy (old or new, it's all good)
Panic! at the Disco
Snow Patrol
Green Day
My Chemical Romance
Linkin Park
The All-American Rejects
Three Days Grace
+44
blink-182
Saves the Day
Senses Fail
Korn
AFI
Taking Back Sunday
Queen
The Beach Boys

Techno --
Shiny Toy Guns
Mute Math
Thievery Corporation
DJ Shadow

Alternative --
Spoon
Daft Punk
My Teenage Stride
Gorillaz
They Might Be Giants

Hip-Hop/Rap --
Gorillaz
Chamillionaire
50 Cent
Kanye West
Flipside
Eminem
Jibbs
Soulja Boy (I can do the dance!)
Beastie Boys

Classical --
Mozart
Bach

There you go.

#62 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:24 PM

Ididn't read through the whole thread, but I did read some of the replies, and there's a great difference between what some people see as RAP music and HIP HOP music.

When people think of rap music they think of bling bling baller hyphy bullshit. That is mainstream rap, which has about the same values as mainstream rock and mainstream pop.

They all are general, for the masses music.

I am a deep lover of hip hop, spoken word poetry (check out buddy wakefield, spoken word poetry champion of the world 2005) and hardcore.

I saw someone stated something about the lyrics of rap music. Mainstream rap lyrics have just about as much depth as a goldfish bowl.

If you want oceans of meaning in your hip hop, check out artists like Sage Francis, Cunninlynguists, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Jedi Mind Tricks, Hieroglyphics, Tupac.

I also listen to hardcore / post hardcore / drum n bass / trance / house / synth pop / indie pop.

But if you want to hear poetry that's better than most music out these days check out buddy wakefield.

Seeing a lot of good artists in this thread ;)

#63 deathwolf

deathwolf

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

Punk! Ska! Crossover Thrash, and some Industrial!

Bands:
The Adicts, Bad Brains, Cheap Sex, Children of Bodom, Circle Jerks, Citizen Fish, The Clash, D.I., Dead Boys, Dead Kennedys, Dropkick Murphys, The Exploited, Iggy And The Stooges, KMFDM, Leftöver Crack, Lower Class Brats, Minor Threat, NIN, Operation Ivy, Rage Against The Machine, Rancid, Sex Pistols, Subhumans, System Of A Down, The Vibrators, The Virus.

Oh yeah, good stuff.
BROOD XIII

#64 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

I'm not sure what genres the music I listen to would be placed in, but here's the bands.

Arctic Monkeys,
Spoon,
Queen,
Kansas,
The Strokes,
The Beatles,
Styx,
System of a Down,
The White Stripes,
Air Traffic,
Blue Oyster Cult,
Cake,
Boston,
The Pillows,
Jethro Tull,
Muse,
Pink Floyd,
Pinstripe Melee,
and Modest Mouse.

Edited by ‡Fireshot‡, 07 November 2007 - 09:06 PM.

#65 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

I'm a simple man, Classic Rock and Classical Symphony all the way.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#66 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

Isn't the Blue Oyster Cult the band that sings Come Sail Away?

Kate Nash ftw....?

#67 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

Kate Nash ftw....?

That's good Enya.
BOC sings Don't Fear the Reaper

#68 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:48 PM

Kate Nash ftw....?

That's good Enya.
BOC sings Don't Fear the Reaper

And Godzilla.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#69 Daedalin

Daedalin

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

"Come Sail Away" is Styx. I'm liking all the love for Blue Öyster Cult here, though :(
Power Metal Rule Number Twenty-eight
Songs come in two tempos: Metal and Ballad.

#70 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:04 AM

This simple explanation might answer your question: Disturbed is not talented. In a later post you stated that you were 'hardcore into metal.' Again, don't take this as an attack, but I find it funny since three bands you've listed are actually metal - Metallica, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden.

My exact words were "I'm a hard core metal fan". Having said that I was in no way shape or form claiming that EVERY band I listen to is metal. Considering the fact that the bands and the quote were in 2 different posts, I thought you'd be able to figure that out.

"Disturbed is not talented", is a VERY opinionative statement. If you're going to say something like that, you might want to back it up with some sort of proof, or atleast claim it to be your opinion rather than a fact. I've seen these guys in concert, and so far (in my opinion) it was the best concert I've ever been to. Just to give reference to some of the other bands I've seen live; Metallica, Greenday, Three days grace, korn, etc.
Therefore, I call your bullshit.

You claim in your post that what you say isn't an "attack", but rag'n on people for how they classify what they listen to is an attack. Some people take music seriously, as it is a very large portion of their life. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the point of this thread is to get people talking about what kind of music they like, not criticize people for misplacing a few bands in wrong categories.

To make you feel better about this and to not draw too much controversy to this post, don't take this as an attack. Ha ha ha, I bet this is what you were thinking when you wrote "don't take this as an attack". In all seriousness this is meant as an attack, well more of a rebuttle than an attack.

Edited by Kenpachi_Taicho, 08 November 2007 - 09:07 AM.

#71 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:49 AM

"Disturbed is not talented", is a VERY opinionative statement. If you're going to say something like that, you might want to back it up with some sort of proof, or atleast claim it to be your opinion rather than a fact. I've seen these guys in concert, and so far (in my opinion) it was the best concert I've ever been to. Just to give reference to some of the other bands I've seen live; Metallica, Greenday, Three days grace, korn, etc.

Two problems with that. Disturbed isn't talented. Just because they put on a good show doesn't make them talented. I've got some buddies that are in a band, they put on excellent shows, are they talented? Fuck no, they aren't very good at all, no record deal, no sponsorships, nothing.

#72 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:19 AM

As sam said, a good show does not equate to talent. Many people's musical tastes are so bad that they don't know what talent is. All I'm saying is that in comparison with many Mallcore bands (Their genre - you might know it as nu-metal) and most metalcore bands, their musical abilities are lacking in many areas. Lyricsim, guitars, drums, and bass are all sub-par for a band that calls themself metal.

I know that you stated your bands in one post and claimed to be a hardcore metal fan in another. I found it humorous, because most people that I know who are "hardcore" into a genre don't hesitate to put more than three bands of that genre on their favorite list. Plus, I assumed that you considered a lot of the bands like Rammstein, Static-X, Linkin Park, System of a Down, and Disturbed were actually metal, when in fact they are not. If that was a false assumption, I apologize, but many people call them metal, and they are incorrect. If you like them, fine, I'm not going to talk you out of it, because I frankly don't give a shit what you listen to until you start saying that you can't believe a talent-less band isn't on anyone's list.

My claim about Disturbed wasn't personal, so don't take it to be.

And I'm not too sure what "Some people take music seriously, as it is a very large portion of their life." means, but trust me, music is as much a part of my life as anyone's.

My exact words were "I'm a hard core metal fan". Having said that I was in no way shape or form claiming that EVERY band I listen to is metal. Considering the fact that the bands and the quote were in 2 different posts, I thought you'd be able to figure that out.

You claim in your post that what you say isn't an "attack", but rag'n on people for how they classify what they listen to is an attack. Some people take music seriously, as it is a very large portion of their life. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the point of this thread is to get people talking about what kind of music they like, not criticize people for misplacing a few bands in wrong categories.

To make you feel better about this and to not draw too much controversy to this post, don't take this as an attack. Ha ha ha, I bet this is what you were thinking when you wrote "don't take this as an attack". In all seriousness this is meant as an attack, well more of a rebuttle than an attack.

Edited by RAMBO, 08 November 2007 - 10:20 AM.

#73 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(Kenpachi_Taicho @ Nov 8 2007, 07:04 AM)

Two problems with that. Disturbed isn't talented. Just because they put on a good show doesn't make them talented. I've got some buddies that are in a band, they put on excellent shows, are they talented? Fuck no, they aren't very good at all, no record deal, no sponsorships, nothing.

I think you're narrowing the label of "talented". I also think that it is your opinion (not a fact) that they aren't talented, which I respect because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, let's look at the definition of the word talented. Talented: showing a natural aptitude for something [syn: gifted] (taken from http://dict.die.net/talented/). Technically since they've shown me a natural aptitude for putting on a good show, they're talented. I've already used a base of reference to compare my opinion of their concert (look at the other un-arguably talented bands I've seen live). Therefore, it is my opinion that Disturbed is talented, which is based on the facts.

If your buddies put on a good show, I think they're talented. A record deal isn't necessarily about talent, I think it's more about the profitability for the record label.

#74 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:28 AM

Uhh what? I don't care if they can put on a good show for those people who cannot recognize talent. It's not an attack, it really isn't - that's just the way you're handing it out. Talented pertains to playing/writing well, or if you're the vocalist, singing well/writing well. I'm not sure what you mean by a 'good show,' but tell me, how many shows have you been to in which a band you like didn't put on a good show? The only time it's happened to me is when the band's volumes were totally fucked and you could barely hear the vocalist. Oh wait, that makes sense since all the bands I listen to are talented musically. If you're seeing a lot of disappointing shows, what's that mean?

Again, my original claim was directed towards your statement "I can't believe no one has mentioned Disturbed yet." I said the weren't talented, in reference to their musical abilities because, quite simply, that's what this thread is about. They can't be talent-less in the studio and then be talented on the stage, simple as that.

Edited by RAMBO, 08 November 2007 - 10:29 AM.

#75 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:49 AM

Uhh what? I don't care if they can put on a good show for those people who cannot recognize talent. It's not an attack, it really isn't - that's just the way you're handing it out. Talented pertains to playing/writing well, or if you're the vocalist, singing well/writing well. I'm not sure what you mean by a 'good show,' but tell me, how many shows have you been to in which a band you like didn't put on a good show? The only time it's happened to me is when the band's volumes were totally fucked and you could barely hear the vocalist. Oh wait, that makes sense since all the bands I listen to are talented musically. If you're seeing a lot of disappointing shows, what's that mean?

Again, my original claim was directed towards your statement "I can't believe no one has mentioned Disturbed yet." I said the weren't talented, in reference to their musical abilities because, quite simply, that's what this thread is about. They can't be talent-less in the studio and then be talented on the stage, simple as that.

RAMBO, you're confusing your opinion for a fact, and it's getting frustrating trying to tell you that your opinion isn't a fact. You at least gave a frame of reference in one of your posts, but that doesn't make you opinion a fact. I'm not taking this as an attack, I'm merely providing the the fact that your opinion isn't a fact. Having said that, neither is my opinion (which happens to be that Disturbed are awesome).

I never said that I attended any "horrible shows" (even though I've been forced to see nickleback by the wifey....which IN MY OPINION was horrible). The references I gave were some of the best shows I've been to, and it was purely so that you could see what my opinion of a good concert was.

To tell you the truth I was shocked that no one had put Disturbed on their list, especially since I saw many lists that have a lot of bands that I listen to as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users