Dude...these things are prety darn cool

59 replies to this topic

#51 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:22 PM

Sigh. My reliability and my un-noobiness have been questioned in the same thread, by the same person. This is probably going to be my last post in this topic. read post number 38, then read my post again and you'll see what I was getting at.

I resent the FA24 worshiping thing, he's an awesome modder, but I don't bow down at his feet. Doomsayer was just the first modded nerf that came to mind.

I get what you're saying... I just get so tired of people Name Dropping a gun and making it sound like it's what makes the difference. So I go into the same Rant I always do... so I'm not calling you a noob... mmmkay?

The bulk of the rant wasn't even pointed at you..it was at just about anyone who's done the same thing...

Now... This is directed to everyone else out there: Get some and test them out... however you wish...but let's try to cut down on the hypothetical junk or the Nerf Ninja Clan discussion... but if it ever happens...I'd be the Kage, and You all know it.

Those of us who Nerf regularly in SoCal will be using them like I said we would... WEEEEE!

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#52 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

O.k., AM I the only one who's seen the episode of mythbusters where they tried to break skin with a card? a human just can't throw it at the velocity needed...So Penguin I call your bluff

I have, but then again, I wouldn't be suprised if I've seen almost every Mythbusters episode in existance.

Anyway, these things are pretty cool, but has anyone except Bags found them on sale at Target? I'd like to know before I run out and look for them.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#53 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:58 PM

O.k., AM I the only one who's seen the episode of mythbusters where they tried to break skin with a card? a human just can't throw it at the velocity needed...So Penguin I call your bluff

I have, but then again, I wouldn't be suprised if I've seen almost every Mythbusters episode in existance.

Anyway, these things are pretty cool, but has anyone except Bags found them on sale at Target? I'd like to know before I run out and look for them.

If it helps, I have seen them on the clearance racks of 3 different targets... But They're all in SoCal...

#54 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:24 PM

Well I got a set of these and they are awesome and I'm intruiged at the other naruto weaponary.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#55 kanaki0401

kanaki0401

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:00 PM

Would it be possible to mod these stars so as to put it into the Disk Shot? I was thinking about making it thinner. But I wouldn't know, I dont have either of those. :D

#56 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

I saw a box of them in my local target in hackensack, NJ. So they are everywhere, or at the two coasts.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#57 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:25 AM

There are many different methods of throwing a frisbee disc, and I'm guessing that these shuriken can be thrown the same way.

http://vtvt.essortme...timate_rjkn.htm

The hammer throw is really difficult to do with a frisbee, so I'm guessing it would be even harder to do with one of these bad boys. However, since it's thrown vertically, it would probably be the most accurate throw.

I also like the idea of attaching barrels to these. Perhaps you could tape/glue a Crayola barrel onto the underside of each blade. When throwing the shuriken, the darts would fly out due to the force put on them. I'm not sure how well that would work, but it might be worth a try if only to mess around with.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#58 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:57 PM

These things are pretty cool. We sometimes use the classic nerf ball( I hope some of you guys own that) or the nerf soccer ball.

YOU CAN STILL ORDER THE NERF SOCCERBALL ONLINE! I think its $10. Classical Nerf at its prime.

Nice find Bags.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#59 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

At least my idea is catching on... Perhaps if you sandwiched the PVC between two shuriken and filled in all empty space around the pipes with FBR, the frag-star concept would be effective (and safe to throw). Care to test it out, bags?
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#60 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:37 PM

At least my idea is catching on... Perhaps if you sandwiched the PVC between two shuriken and filled in all empty space around the pipes with FBR, the frag-star concept would be effective (and safe to throw). Care to test it out, bags?

it's a novel Idea, but no thanks, I don't want to risk damaging any of the ones I bought, because all my local stores have now sold out, so I only have the dozen Shuriken I already bought, unless I want to drop 4X as much money on some at Wall*Mart. But If you want to bother doing it, I'd love to see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users