Double Crossbow Mod

12 replies to this topic

#1 radman

radman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:01 PM

Ok

Do you all remember the old push pull crossbow with the missles that always seem to get lost?

Well I do and I thought how can I make it better. So here goes my first write up!

Well in this mod I converted the crossbow to shoot stock mico darts and made it into a spring type gun without the spring!!

So here goes.

you will need a
knife
hot glue
1/2 cpvc
latex rubber tubing
and of course the double crossbow

Ok

step #1

Take your crossbow, see the crappy reddish post things, cut them off at the very bottem.
(I took off the hold thing because mine broke when I dropped the gun.)

Posted Image

step#2

Take your cpvc cut it to the length you want (make sure you look at the bottem as they will slide over a bit) and put hot glue on the bottem and push it on to the purple stubs it should fit nice and tight and hot glue them to the crossbow
Posted Image

step#3

Ok, now take your rubber tubing and rap it around the crossbow and tie it make shure it is very tight.

like so
Posted Image

Now you have a rubber powered double crossbow!
Posted Image

:D
Ok I got the ranges. Both tests were done with both barrles full and i am taking the range from were the farthest of the two darts landed.

3 shots Flat
shot 1 60ft

shot 2 58ft

shot 3 59ft

3 shots 45 angle

shot 1 67ft

shot 2 69ft

shot 3 67ft

Well there are the ranges

edit- Pics yayy!
Edit- Spelling, grammer, and more specific points.

Edited by radman, 14 October 2006 - 05:53 PM.

#2 Vyperaeon Omega

Vyperaeon Omega

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:06 PM

I'm no moderator, but I'll offer you some advice for getting by around here: capitalization and spelling are your best friends on NH, and will add to the credibility of anything you post while simultaneously increasing your lifespan on these boards.

On topic now, I'm interested to see your pics once they've been uploaded. I haven't ever seen a Double Crossbow mod before (or a Double Crossbow in real life, for that matter). What types of ranges are you getting, and with what ammo? You suggest by saying that the missiles are always getting lost that you converted the gun to use a different type of projectile.
May you find in death what eluded you in life: a purpose greater than yourself.

#3 radman

radman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:30 PM

To the first part I am sorry about my spelling and caps. I will correct them and remember that.
I am new sorry

At the topic part yes I am sorry i was not too specific. Yes i converted it to shoot stock micros.

I will get the pics and ranges posted by Thursday ( I have no chance to go on the computer tommorow sorry.)

So yeah i will try to get them up.

#4 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:53 PM

I to have never seen a DC. If the ranges are what I think they are ( around 50 or so) I would put in a spring.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#5 radman

radman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:10 AM

Yes There are around there with the push pull method. And the way it is made you can not put in a spring.

That is why i used rubber tube. This should be easyer to see in the pics soon.

#6 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

I think that you might be able to get some more range out of the gun. My AT1K gets 63' consistantly (non-angled) and that is a 1K. I think that the DC might be better than that.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:36 PM

We need a double crossbow write up added to the directory. Pics would be great. Spelling and capitilization also need to be fixed if I am going to add this to the Mods directory.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 Whiplord

Whiplord

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

This is pretty cool. I think it was....Yakman? Someone did something very similiar to this a loooooong time ago.

#9 radman

radman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:04 PM

Ok, I got the pics in! ^_^

#10 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:12 PM

Is it my imagination or did they re-release it? I mean the nerf logo looks new and it has a different color shceme. Go to Orange's Nerf Page you'll see what I mean. Anyways, I saw one of the original double crossbows still in its package not too long ago! Man. they looked ancient. Nice mod! Is it accurate?
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#11 radman

radman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

No, it is not is not accurate. With the two darts in the barrle it is a hit or miss game. When you fire it you are holding it with only one hand and the kick of the plunger totally throws your aim off. I don't know if it is the rerelease because I got it as a gift when I was like 6.

#12 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:28 AM

Why can't you put springs in it? This is totally confusing...
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#13 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:02 AM

Why can't you put springs in it? This is totally confusing...

Because it is a push pull gun, there is no plunger inside to mount it to, you would have to create an extension to the front barrel part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users