Ttg Modification

CPVC coupler, with a twist.

19 replies to this topic

#1 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

So, this have been done for about a week, but I wanted to make my streak last as long as it could, but it was not meant to be. School has been rough, and we have a bunch of projects all due in the next two weeks. I'm going to try to make atleast another one every week, as long as my stock-gun-supply lasts, but don't quote me.

Anyways, I recently bought an old edition TTG from jedijoe (thanks btw), and wanted to make it into a good sidearm. I also wanted it to look clean, something most of my cannot boast of.

PLEASE DON'T POST UNTIL IT'S DONE; THERE WILL BE A FINAL PRODUCT PICTURE, OR 'DONE.'

Here it is.

Posted Image

Open her up.

Posted Image

Take out the assembly.

Posted Image

Exploded.

Posted Image

You can throw the barrel and AR away.

Slip the plunger rod out, and replace the spring with whatever you want, if you want. I replaced it with an FF spring, which is slightly stronger, but the stock one is pretty strong. FF spring on top.

Posted Image

Next take some e-tape and put it under the o-ring. I did it once around.

Posted Image

Now put the plunger road back together, and if you’re replacing the spring with something different than an FF spring, make sure it fits over these plastic pieces connected to the plunger head. If it comes in contact with these it breaks them, making the plunger head less stable and cocking motion more choppy.

Posted Image

Now go grab a CPVC coupler.

Posted Image

Rough up the ends which will come in contact with each other.

Posted Image

Now glue it on, I recommend something strong like Goop or Epoxy; I don’t trust hot glue with couplers. Try to center it as much as possible.

Posted Image

Now 2” of At2k pump chamber. I’ve seen that 21/32” brass slides over with a similar effect, and I’ve heard copper-repair pipe works too. Anyways, cut 2” of it, and then insert a 4” barrel into the coupler (it helps if it’s dry before doing this step). After putting the barrel in straight, slide the 2” of your material over, and good the seam. This will act as a guide-rail of sorts for the barrel, so that you don’t have to fumble around to get your barrel in, or cut the front of the gun off (TTG’s are so sexy). I would recommend leaving the barrel in the coupler while the barrel-sheath dries, but make sure that it doesn’t get glued too.

Posted Image

After all that’s dry, it’s time to put her back together! I put some etape around the front of the barrel-sheath so it was secure between the two shells. Finished internals.

Posted Image

You’re done!

Posted Image

And the best part is, you can fire megas too! Just take out the CPVC barrel, and it works wonderfully. This is definitely my new sidearm, and one of the coolest and cleanest pistols in my arsenal. With three large bands I get 65’ consistently with micros, and 50’ consistently with megas (one kept getting 40’, but it was probably the dart). All of these were shot into the wind, if there was any.

With bands.

Posted Image

Questions? Comments?

-OfAll’

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 16 April 2008 - 07:53 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#2 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

Nice mod. Vary clean. I am amazed that you continue to produce this many mods. Keep up the good work.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

AGAIN!!! Man, I love your mods. Simple and effective. I love the way it shoots 2 sizes of dart.
I will definintely (Sp?) do this if I get a TTG.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#4 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

Thank you guys, I'm just as amazed myself that I even have enough guns to make so many write-ups... I've found guns I never remeber buying. I have to agree MSDFS, I think this to be the cleanest and most functional TTG mod, short of turreting it.

I forgot to mention, and now I can't edit it into the first post, that because of the coupler you can do this.

Posted Image

Put a dart in backwards, take the barrel out, flip it, replace it, and fire! It helps if you cock it before taking the barrel out, because the perfect seal somtimes sucks the dart in a little.

Enjoy!

-OfAll'

#5 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hurry up and make him a contributor already.
ON TOPIC: Wow, thats it, its the little things that get me, simply beautiful.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#6 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

This is really amazing, keep them coming.
TMC

#7 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

This big write-up parade started with the your Over-Under mod (ahem :lol: )

Anywyas, that's got to be the cleanest pistol I've ever seen. 65'? That's just dandy.

Now I need one.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#8 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

Stop. Making. Me. Want. To. Buy. Guns. :lol:

Seriously though, good mod, once again, Butter.

GreenB
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#9 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

xNFx 37, wait, didn't it start with the First Shot mod? Either way, you continue to amaze me, OfAll'. I wouldn't be at all surprised if, with a little more creativity, and about another week of these near-constant write-ups, you become a Contributer.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#10 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

Geez, how many more stock guns do you have? Nice mod by the way.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#11 andrej

andrej

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

nice mod. i might but another ttg i broke my first one.
QUOTE(Ubermensch @ May 2 2008, 04:36 PM) View Post

Man, you've got a lot of balls there. All in their original packaging, too!

#12 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

Andrej, please fix your capitalization. It's required in the Code of Conduct.

~ompa

#13 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

Philote: Thank you very much. I love the simplicity of it too.

Silencer: Thanks.

NF: Yup, I really didn't think it would turn into this :blink:. This pistol is definitely awsome.

Green: Thank you.

Salmon: The First Shot was actually when I was just about at the peak of the streak, I believe.

Chili: Honestly I don't know, I need to think about getting more or thinking of bigger and more creative mods.

Andre: Thanks. Listen to ompa.

ompa: ^

Thanks everyone!

-OfAll'

#14 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

Of all, you never cease to amaze me. Although I do wonder when you will run out of money or guns. But aside from that I think that at this rate you will be a contributer in no time. :D
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#15 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

I am impressed by the amount of mods you have done so far.
The next level would be painting them.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#16 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

The next level would be painting them.

Man, I had'nt thought of that. If you did threads on painting them, and the steps, pretty much a write-up, but painting, that'll earn you some contributing brownie points! :D
But man, after you, all my mods look like crap. Good Job though! I just love coupler mods by the way; simple, but effective. This makes me want to buy another TTG. I got my first one (it was an old version that fired megas) on ebay, and tried to mod it and broke it. I almost brought it back from the dead, but for some reason it only fired like 2 feet, or did'nt fire at all.

~Bomberman
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#17 Keeto

Keeto

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

Thats awesome! So clean, yet very effective. It reminds me a lot of Gengar's coupled nf mod. Keep goin' dude your on a roll! And by the way, sorry this sounds kinda noobish, but what does TTG stand for?
First impressions are the only ones you get...i feel sorry for shy people.

#18 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:52 PM

And by the way, sorry this sounds kinda noobish, but what does TTG stand for?

Tech Target Gun.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#19 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

And by the way, sorry this sounds kinda noobish, but what does TTG stand for?

Tech Target Gun.

Huh. I always though it stood for 'Tech Target Game'. But I still know what it is, so same diff, I guess.

~Bomberman
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#20 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

G-force: Soon. I need to either start making bigger write-up projects, or materialize a few Hundred.

Forsaken_Angel: Thank you. I plan on making as many as I can, although they probably will only be every week (school doesn't really permit me to upload pics with my crap comp during the week). I'm going to start honing my painting skills, but they won't be anywhere near as good as my mods, which aren't that great to begin with. Will try, though.

Bomberman: This is my favorite pistol, and coupler modification I've ever seen. I love how it can fire two kinds of darts, too. Pretty rad, if I do say so myself. Let me know if you try out my mod!

Keeto: Thank you. I love Gengar's NF coupler mod, I just did it to one of my NF's actually. I think this might be one of the standard mods for the TTG in the future.

Thanks everyone,

-OfAll'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users