It's back, with a Vengence!!

138 replies to this topic

#1 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

What:SPANO/ NO SPAM, hopefully the biggest MN war of the summer

When:June 28, from 10 AM to ??? (who knows when that will be?). Get there on time!! Especially if you want to play some tower rounds. The playground will be busy, so most Tower rounds will be early on.

Where:Highland Disc Golf and Picnic area, in St. Paul, MN

Who:I got vibes from most people in the spring break recap thread that this was a good date.
Attending:
Me +1-2
Carbon
Carrtoon
Ryan +1
Flaming Hilt and his crazy crew
Venom +2
Bustaninja
Nerfcrazy +5
goose island
Bullet Dragon +2
Kanashimi-Needs a ride
Maybe/Haven't heard from them:
Rings-Maybe
zxnam
Warx
Those Hamline guys that were suppose to show up to the last war
And I'd love to see more people travel, maybe some of those Ohio dudes...

Edited by sam, 24 June 2008 - 02:54 PM.

#2 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:10 PM

Have we talked before?

The reason I ask is because... the date is already in my calender. : o.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#3 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

If you don't see me at this war, assume I am dead, or that I have been taken hostage. I'm there, my sister will probably take me again and I will bring a friend. I will give more updates later.

Edited by venom213, 15 April 2008 - 09:11 PM.

#4 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

Expect to see me there. I will have to inform my friends and cousins of this.

#5 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

Yep...I'll be there traveling with Carbon.

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

I hate doing this, as it is a month old topic, but I am just wanted to say I will be coming to SPANO even if I have to sneak out. So, put me down for attendence and if something else comes up, I'll tell ya.

I think that with more people, getting the Tower for some Tower round action will be easier. With the 12-15 people at MNNO, we had to break the round earliy to let a kid go down the slide.

Anyway, can't wait, again, sorry about the necro, but it feels better then making a new thread and this war is coming up soon anyhow.

I think Hilt took some panoramic photos but I have a camera and can scout multiple locations if need be.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#7 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

Not really a nerco, since the topic has yet to happen, I probably should have waited a bit longer to start this one anyway.
I'm really pumped for this one, it should be the biggest and best MN war yet!

I'll bring this back up in about 2 weeks when I get back from Costa Rica.

#8 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:07 PM

I am not sure if I can make it this time because I have a class each Saturday. Let's just hope it ends before then.

#9 Zudikas

Zudikas

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

It's Zudikas. Count me in for this. I'll be going with Venomm.

#10 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:45 PM

I am not sure if I can make it this time because I have a class each Saturday. Let's just hope it ends before then.

If you have that class I might be able to drive some of your crew to the park. PM me about where I would need to go to get everyone if I were to do so, if you feel like it.

It will be nice in some ways to have all the vets back. MNNO seemed like it was swarming with spastic young men, who didn't really know that much about nerf, but that was also part of the fun. I can't wait to meet Carbon!

Edited by venom213, 05 May 2008 - 07:50 PM.

#11 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

If you have that class I might be able to drive some of your crew to the park. PM me about where I would need to go to get everyone if I were to do so, if you feel like it.

It will be nice in some ways to have all the vets back. MNNO seemed like it was swarming with spastic young men, who didn't really know that much about nerf, but that was also part of the fun. I can't wait to meet Carbon!

Should be a lot of fun. Too bad sam and I will both be wielding +bows. I'm not sorry.

#12 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

Should be a lot of fun. Too bad sam and I will both be wielding +bows. I'm not sorry.

Scary. Can't wait to see one in action. I was debating building a +bow or a custom Strat this summer. I can't decided which. Nerf or Music? I hate liking the guitar sometimes.

#13 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:37 PM

Sam, I'm really sorry to say that I won't make this one. I've really got to get myself over to one of these things.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#14 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

Yeah I saw that one coming. Zudikas and I were thinking about building plusbows, but after a while we realized that we didn't need a plusbow to have a fun time nerfing. I, instead, will be using one of these options: Big Blast, BBB, SNAP-1 MK2 (Carbon will be proud!), Pump-Shotgun, LS, and probably many others. Oh and you might just so happen to be sorry in the end. -_-

Also, I have a good amount of flagging tape left over from MNNO, should I bring it? I really don't have any other use for it besides uses at nerf wars.

#15 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:48 PM

Ah, summer, when I get to remember why I spend time building these things!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again...as well as everyone's new toys. I'll be brining the SNAP-duo and giving it its war debut...not sure if it's be practical or not, but it'll be fun. Also gonna try out my new pistols, as well as the SNAP-5. I might even get enough time in the next two months to rebarrel a few guns and tune them up.

I just have to dig them out and set up my workshop....the curse of moving. This move has been pretty easy, it just seems like it's never going to be finished.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#16 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:52 PM

Oh and you might just so happen to be sorry in the end. -_-

Did you forget how I owned everyone at the last war with my Big Blast? There will be more of that and a half. I don't think I'll be sorry. :D I'll be super prepared for the war since I have to prepare all my guns for DCNO at the end of this month. I have a special project I'm working on this summer that I'll unveil at the war. Hopefully it will be war effective.

I can't believe I'll be attending 4-5 wars this summer. The number seems to go up each summer.

This war is going to be Effeminate.

Ah, summer, when I get to remember why I spend time building these things!

So true.

Also, I have a good amount of flagging tape left over from MNNO, should I bring it? I really don't have any other use for it besides uses at nerf wars.

I think that would be a swell idea. If you have enough we could make an out-of-bounds line or a mark off a respawning area would also work.

#17 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:12 AM

Yeah, this thing is gonna be Effeminate as hell!

Also, I seemed to notice there was a lot of dicking around at MNNO, like building forts, and riding bikes trying to do drive bys. There will be none of that shit at this war. When it gets closer to the date I'm gonna try to plan stuff out and get a schedule of sorts so time wasted will be at a minimum. Also I would expect to be able to have to many tower rounds (at least later in the day), since it will most likely be pretty popular during the summer.

#18 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

Well, like MNSBW, put me down as a maybe. I need to get my mom to give my a ride. Hopefully the war being 3 days before my birthday will help me convince her...

I'm gonna have 2xnightfinders!

-Kanashimi

P.s. Hey, Ryan, if you bring that +bow, you might actually convince me to buy that scrollsaw at Menards.

#19 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:12 AM

Well, like MNSBW, put me down as a maybe. I need to get my mom to give my a ride. Hopefully the war being 3 days before my birthday will help me convince her...

I'm gonna have 2xnightfinders!

-Kanashimi

P.s. Hey, Ryan, if you bring that +bow, you might actually convince me to buy that scrollsaw at Menards.

Wait. Your birthday is July 1st? or is my math off? I'm shitty with months, but if so, thats my birthday aswell.

More on subject, yesterday i walked down to Menards and bought two 20ft rolls of FBR and already have it straightened and have holes burned into em. I have now about 100-150 blanks and because I'm off all this week, expect me to be alot less frugal with the amount of darts I fire at this war. I can't wait.

Edited by BustaNinja, 07 May 2008 - 09:24 PM.

#20 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

Okay, I've started a Facebook group, so that should up attendance from my clan.
(most of the members use Facebook as their calender)

On a slightly off-topic note, who would be up for another war the first or second weekend immediately afterwards? I head to college around August 18th and want to nerf it up as much as possible with you guys beforehand. If pliable, I could start a new topic or they could just be considered a "tournament" and Sam could edit the first topic, if he's up for it.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#21 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

Okay, I've started a Facebook group, so that should up attendance from my clan.
(most of the members use Facebook as their calender)

On a slightly off-topic note, who would be up for another war the first or second weekend immediately afterwards? I head to college around August 18th and want to nerf it up as much as possible with you guys beforehand. If pliable, I could start a new topic or they could just be considered a "tournament" and Sam could edit the first topic, if he's up for it.

As I am probably not doing anything, I would be up for another war the next week end.

Gotta break in my under shoulder holster and other holsters.

#22 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

I could probably come for at least a few hours, I suggest you make another topic for it though, maybe when it gets closer to the date.

#23 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

Bustaninja, awesome! In Algebra II, we just did probability(boring) of 2 people sharing birthdays.

Just gonna say this. If I could, I would go to every nerf war scheduled. However, the fact that I can't drive prevents me from doing so. So, any MN nerf war, put me as a maybe, because I need to convince my mom.

-Kanashimi

EDIT: Bustaninja's FBR post reminded me. Do any of you guys hit the Brooklyn Park Menards for FBR? They never have 1/2, only 3/8 and 5/8... >_<

Edited by Kanashimi, 08 May 2008 - 09:55 AM.

#24 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

Bustaninja, awesome! In Algebra II, we just did probability(boring) of 2 people sharing birthdays.

Just gonna say this. If I could, I would go to every nerf war scheduled. However, the face that I can't drive prevents me from doing so. So, any MN nerf war, put me as a maybe, because I need to convince my mom.

-Kanashimi

EDIT: Bustaninja's FBR post reminded me. Do any of you guys hit the Brooklyn Park Menards for FBR? They never have 1/2, only 3/8 and 5/8... >_<

THe metro Menards has great foam. If you are coming to SPANO and willing to pay me, I wouldn't mind picking up a couple bags of the stuff for you.

#25 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

What a coincidence, I think we did that like a week or two ago in math too.

I am pretty much free all summer, accept from like June 14-22, I think. I would definitely come to any wars we would have if at all possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users