Silly's Content

There have been 230 items by Silly (Search limited from 01-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#358598 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 17 March 2017 - 07:47 AM in Modifications

Welp my connector broke, so is it a goodish idea to just use a metric ton of hotglue and stick in the pump's tube? Or should i buy a new connector?

Edit: i may be able to rip apart a broken pump and make a good connector out of it.

#358577 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 16 March 2017 - 09:00 AM in Modifications

Ok thanks. I dont like it when stuff blows up in my face.

#358705 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 22 March 2017 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

Finished (For Now) the XBZ pump relocation and barrel replacement(s).

1/2In PVC Coupler with a 1/2in CPVC Coupler rammed inside of it all attached to the stub leftover after removing the barrel. Coupler secured to tank with 2 layers of superglue and 2 layers of hot glue. Also plugged the pump (not pictured) with a screw up the air release hole.

The PVC Coupler fits Rival HIR's smooth as butter, so thats one kind of ammo, then the other 3 barrels have the darts they accept lined in front of them. (Smallest barrel has pvc pipe stub attached to bottom because its too short to reach the CPVC Coupler) 

Pictures:

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

#358669 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 21 March 2017 - 07:40 AM in Modifications

I did it.
IMG_2051.JPG IMG_2052.JPG IMG_2053.JPG
By the way, mad respect to whoever can figure out what that pump is from. Hint: Its old.

#358652 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 20 March 2017 - 07:52 AM in Modifications

Thanks The Manta, I think I may try to do it that way if my spare connector breaks or if it doesnt fit. Do you think i could use hotgule instead of goop for the seals? I dont have great history with the stuff.

#358751 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 24 March 2017 - 09:33 AM in Modifications

Soon it's gonna be under another blaster I'm working on. I plan to redo the hotglue with goop, but leave the superglue.

#358575 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 16 March 2017 - 08:15 AM in Modifications

Dear NH,

Quick question: how does one relocate the pump of a xbz? I have a fitting that goes over the current pump tube, that then can connect to a nerf pump I have, so i just need to know if I need to do anything to the xbz tank or pump itself before I fruck it up and get plastic shards in my face again.

Edit: Grammar corrections.

#359384 Would This Work As A Plunger Tube?

Posted by Silly on 23 April 2017 - 08:51 AM in Homemades

Some modern stream machines have tubes that are actually sized like 1" thinwall PVC and fits 1" couplers.  It was also clear, but had a smoother finish so I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

Later I can give some more precise measurements and a better description. But right now I can't find my calipers.

#359279 Would This Work As A Plunger Tube?

Posted by Silly on 16 April 2017 - 08:36 PM in Homemades

True that it wouldn't be repeatable, but I have some and its cheap. Wait... Cheap... so... yeah, the WHOLE tube is cracked in different places (I didn't notice this earlier) so ill just use the standard closed-shell tube for Crossbows. I may use it if im VERY desperate later in time, but not right now. Thanks for your help though.

#359277 Would This Work As A Plunger Tube?

Posted by Silly on 16 April 2017 - 06:52 PM in Homemades

28.65 mm ID
33.65 mm OD
2.4 mm Wall Thickness

Those are the measurements of this tube I found while ripping apart one of those 90's water cannons (Stream Machine Hydrobolic Water Launcher) and I just happened to have my crossbow plunger tube. Lined them up, and it's a NEAR EXACT same ID.

So I was wondering if anyone with more experience in this area of modding could tell me if this would work with this skirt seal?
( https://www.mcmaster...3/3560/=17887zr )

Thanks!
-Silly

Pics:

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

#360062 Worlds 1st Touchscreen Controlled Stryfe! (possibly!)

Posted by Silly on 23 May 2017 - 07:42 AM in Modifications

What is that stock made out of? I see a recon butt plate, but thats all I recognize.

#356886 World first rscb clip magstrike

Posted by Silly on 26 November 2016 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

So, you awake yet so we can see some pics?

#357159 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Silly on 14 December 2016 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

So I decided to mod the Mega Magnus to make it look like the mandalorian pistol from starwars the clone wars series.I can't seem to paste a picture so your going to have to look it up. I'm looking to make the sides as flat as possible as the lower side's on the Mega Magnus are quite bumpy and full of ridges. Since sanding it would take of all of the exterior plastic, what ways would you guys recommend to fill the gaps?

Epoxy putty or Bondo are what is usually used for smooth/seamless nerf body work. But if your cheap, use hot glue to fill in the space then make panels out of plastic and smack them on, then sand to desired shape. Personally I would use epoxy putty.

#364668 Where is the best place to sell my nerf collection?

Posted by Silly on 12 October 2021 - 02:28 PM in General Nerf

The trading bit of NH shut down a long while ago, you could try r/NerfExchange on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/NerfExchange/

Some of the Discord servers I'm on also have trading/sell channels.

#361679 What would you people consider the rarest blasters or attachments?

Posted by Silly on 28 September 2017 - 01:35 PM in General Nerf

Theirs a difference between rare and valuable. For rare - i'm more familiar with blasters in terms of vintage.

Zap snaps are stupid rare - since they were recalled from store shelves due to safety hazards. My younger self got some of those for my birthday - but they didn't survive my childhood.
I've only seen 2 cycletrons in my life, only one nerf stinger and I also own a single shot air max 1 blaster (shot the little air planes) - that not even nerf could identify or even name ( emailed them and stumped the entire corporation). The hydro-blastzooka's are few and far between as well.

Also, don't forget the noobapotamous. That thing is one-of-a-kind.
In all seriousness, in my opinion the nerf prototypes are the rarest "nerf blasters". There is probably only one pre production run with THAT EXACT paint job and THAT EXACT little tweak to the barrel.

#358221 What to do with my longstrike?

Posted by Silly on 26 February 2017 - 09:26 AM in Modifications

You can put a Titan in the middle of the blaster, then another underslung. It works surprisingly well if you want to pick people off.

#364563 What Happened to NerfHaven

Posted by Silly on 27 April 2020 - 09:37 PM in General Nerf

1 & 2: NH has fallen from prominence in the recent years, now the largest places for Nerf are r/Nerf on Reddit, various Discord servers, and Facebook groups. Modding blasters is certainly still a thing, and bigger than ever before!

3: Depends on how old you want to get. People like Spoon have been out of the scene for many years now, while people like Daniel Beaver and Slug still mod and post their contest on the aforementioned different sites. 

4: If you want stock parts, check out r/NerfExchange on Reddit, if you want replacement parts, the EAT has been out of limelight for a few years now, but I bet some manufacturers like Orange Mod Works or Worker still have stock laying around in a warehouse. 

If you have or are willing to get Discord, I can PM you my username and we can chat. Would be much easier than posting back and forth with eachother.

Edit: PMs are actually broken on here right now, so ill leave a link to the Discord server I run. We have plenty of older names from the hobby on there, some of which I bet you will know. https://discordapp.com/invite/53ykxVX

#364567 What Happened to NerfHaven

Posted by Silly on 05 May 2020 - 12:37 AM in General Nerf

Been working on some graphs for HONM stuff, figured that sharing one here contributes to this discussion: https://imgur.com/QNCWjM1

#364569 What Happened to NerfHaven

Posted by Silly on 05 May 2020 - 12:08 PM in General Nerf

I got the data for the chart via the Members tab on the site. Sorted by join date and set the "account created before" to the end of each month. Here is my spreadsheet with all the numbers.

#364571 What Happened to NerfHaven

Posted by Silly on 06 May 2020 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for making the data clearer! Ill re-annotate it before HONM uses it in any official capacity.

#359882 What air tank to use for a shotgun?

Posted by Silly on 13 May 2017 - 05:40 AM in Modifications

Or the good ol Titan. You can make that shoot around 10+ at once.

#359922 Weird ammo I need to launch.

Posted by Silly on 15 May 2017 - 12:31 PM in Darts and Barrels

1: why

2: you could make a floating piston inside a piece of pipe with 2 or 3 slots cut in the end for the planes wings to poke through, then the piston pushes the plane when filled with air from firing.

#357662 Walgreens weird blasters.

Posted by Silly on 23 January 2017 - 08:32 PM in General Nerf

Ok, thanks! Any exclusives are good enough for me.

#357658 Walgreens weird blasters.

Posted by Silly on 23 January 2017 - 06:08 PM in General Nerf

Hello!

So a few years back now, I found these at a Walgreens in Maine, USA. Since then I have looked for info, but I have found VERY little. I would love it if anyone had any info on these.

All orange nite finder.
All white maverick.

Thanks!

IMG_0526.JPG

#357665 Walgreens weird blasters.

Posted by Silly on 23 January 2017 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

I think that I will leave the boxed ones NIB, and mod the unpackaged orange NF.

#364598 Vintage Nerf Guns

Posted by Silly on 13 August 2020 - 01:00 PM in General Nerf

Looks sanded/worn off to me. I actually quite like the look without the flame.

#364596 Vintage Nerf Guns

Posted by Silly on 12 August 2020 - 07:58 PM in General Nerf

With the trading forum here removed (and long dead before that), I would either go to one of the Facebook groups, or r/NerfExchange on Reddit. Or eBay.

If you do post to any of those, please do upload this post with a link, some of these are quite interesting to me.

#364599 Vintage Nerf Guns

Posted by Silly on 15 August 2020 - 05:59 PM in General Nerf

https://www.reddit.c...tage_nerf_sale/

#364398 Unknown bolt action shelll ejecting nerf gun. PLEASE HEPL!!

Posted by Silly on 22 January 2020 - 08:27 PM in General Nerf

http://www.buffdaddy...ors-update.html

QF-Eagle from Dart Zone

#364587 Trading

Posted by Silly on 30 June 2020 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

Its been broken/gone for the past few months, I figure it could be tied to the sign-in issues there were a few months ago.

#357128 Top 5 best springers for Nerf wars

Posted by Silly on 13 December 2016 - 10:54 AM in General Nerf

If it counts as a springer, stampede is all the way for me.

#364746 Too Cool to be Left in Old School: Modernized ESLT Project

Posted by Silly on 16 November 2023 - 09:35 PM in Homemades

So, this project is going well. 

#364732 Too Cool to be Left in Old School: Modernized ESLT Project

Posted by Silly on 26 August 2023 - 11:27 PM in Homemades

Hey everyone, long time no see. NH feels like the perfect place to share this new project of mine:

Modern ESLT 1 v24 2 - Copy (2).png

Modern ESLT 1 v24 2 - Copy - Copy.png

This is going to be my attempt at making a "modernized" version of the ESLT mechanism. 

For those who (somehow) don't know about the ESLT, here's the most recent thread about the blaster: http://nerfhaven.com...6-instructions/

My "modernization" of the design aims to keep the same aesthetic and roots as the original, while improving on durability, printability, sourcing of parts, and bringing in a bunch of modern quality-of-life features. A lot of stuff has been learnt (collectively by the community) in the more than 10 years since the original ESLT.

Currently planned or implemented features/improvements:

• Updated more modern hardware standards that are easier to source from modern hobby shops (OutOfDarts, SilverFoxIndustries, etc)
  • More durable printed parts
  • Better printability
  • Better air seal
  • Ability to swap between Talon mag feeding or Hopper feeding
  • Quick barrel swapping and better barrel retention
  • More comfortable stock and grip
  • More reliable catch mechanism
  • Lighter trigger pull
  • Improved pump grip, and several pump grip options to choose from (Picatinny rail, original style, modernized angled grip)
  • Easier swapping between extension spring and latex/elastic setups (also possibly compatibility with "normal" compression springs such as [k25] or 788)
  • Sturdier overall build quality
  • Lighter
  • Adjustable stock / length of pull
  • etc etc etc

These changes should be relatively easy to pull off with modern techniques, while still keeping the original soul of the design, both aesthetically and mechanically. 

I don't plan to update this thread as often as I do on Reddit/YouTube/Discord, but expect an update every few months or so until the design is finished.

-Sillybutts

#361734 Titan-Turian Sleeper

Posted by Silly on 10 October 2017 - 09:27 AM in Modifications

Dang it! I have a build in process with the exact same setup but with 2 titan tanks. Now im worried that I will look like im copying you!

#361736 Titan-Turian Sleeper

Posted by Silly on 10 October 2017 - 10:13 AM in Modifications

Yep, you're copying him. Can't have two identical builds in the wild, so you've got to be stopped.

Will I be executed publicly on a NH livestream, with captain slug and you sipping my blood from wine glasses?

#361753 Titan-Turian Sleeper

Posted by Silly on 11 October 2017 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

Yep- copycat. Actually, two titan tanks would be an interesting design, since linking them through the open ports at the back of the tank wont work- not enough flow. how were you planning on doing that? One tank barely fits in the shell width wise, and it take up the entire center section. or is your pump/hand pump outside the shell?

Im not keeping the clip-system. Instead im  using 2 breaches. I have 2 titan tanks and an air compressor. I have done a lot to the design since the picture, including starting the process of integrating the (pictured) stryfe handle into the titan, replacing the stock handle. This is being done so I can use the air compressor easily by just pressing down the rev button from the stryfe.

IMG-0967.JPG

IMG-1151.JPG

#361353 Titan rifle.

Posted by Silly on 20 August 2017 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

Oh I already did most of that. All the cuts are done, but I'm all out of titan tanks.
Edit: Spelling fixes.

#361336 Titan rifle.

Posted by Silly on 18 August 2017 - 09:45 PM in Modifications

Well, your build is about to be... let's say... doubled.

#364368 Titan Modification Question

Posted by Silly on 01 January 2020 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

https://nerf.fandom....iki/Titan_CS-50 This is the Titan they are talking about.

https://blasterhub.c...n-cs-50-review/

"The Titan CS-50 has relatively few screws, compared to its size. It’s also a ton of open space, so you shouldn’t have any worries about things fitting inside.

Of note is the motor cage, which has a different design compared to past flywheel blasters. I wouldn’t expect a custom cage anytime soon. Otherwise, the blaster is effectively a Hyperfire, and should be able to be modified in a similar manner."

I would assume that it uses similar motors to the Hyperfire, and therefore can handle minor overvolting.

It looks like it uses standard 130 size motors, so it should be able to be modded pretty easily with replacement 130 motors. There may be space for 180s from looking at pictures, but I don't have one myself to test.

In my experience, stock Nerf 130 motors can handle up to 8, maybe 9. Any higher SIGNIFICANTLY decreases motor life. The small voltage increase should only minorly decreases motor life.

#357551 Tips For Making A 17/32 Bass Barrel For Use With A Wye Hopper.

Posted by Silly on 13 January 2017 - 07:04 PM in Darts and Barrels

And if you don't have packing tape (for whatever reason) you can use duct tape or something similar.