rawray7's Content

There have been 533 items by rawray7 (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#31719 !1

Posted by rawray7 on 19 July 2004 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Good morning, asshat.

Now that I've got your attention, read the Code of Conduct.

Ah man you gotta love the CX, always coming up with funny shit.

actually i think he's been using that same line for a while now. sure, it's funny shit, but he's not always coming up with it. cxwq isn't an "asshat, read this code of conduct" factory.

#39403 "homeland Security" Nerf, And The Law

Posted by rawray7 on 20 October 2004 - 08:20 PM in Off Topic

along the lines of that mailbox story...

so, my neighbors used to always get their trashcans knocked over by these kids who would drive right into them. anyway, after like 3 months of picking up the mess from this, they decided to fill their "Garden Waste" trashcan up with a little more dirt than usual, mind you there were still leaves and garden stuff in there, just a good amount of dirt. anyway, the kid fucked his car up from the impact of the garbage can, and then hitting their curb, and then spinning a little. anyway, to make a long story short, they had to pay for the repairs on that kids car.

i'd suggest that if you are going to shoot them, and you're dead set on shooting them - you let them throw a few things first, then yell, then shoot. if you really want to be bold, make your yell sound like a little girl, so hopefully you'll get a few more shots off, while still being able to truthfully claim to the police that you warned them. or you could just hide in your front yard and slit their throats ninja-style. your choice.

#29036 3dbbq Barrel Adaption

Posted by rawray7 on 21 June 2004 - 10:46 AM in Homemades

Adding more darts would mean that the dart chamber would be bigger, which would mean more air would be required to fill it and force the dart out. That's my guess.

~ompa

hrm, i think i understand that now...basically, the fact that the holding area for your darts is bigger means a drop in the pressure the 'dart to be fired' recieves. i'm sure there is a way to fix this problem...when i build one i'll look at it.

#29163 3dbbq Barrel Adaption

Posted by rawray7 on 22 June 2004 - 02:21 PM in Homemades

I can't wait till Ray also builds/tests one ,as I have no more functional airguns at the momment to test mine with! RAH!

i'm picking up some brass today. i'll make it within the next few days. you should go pick up a airtech 2k...i think you can still find them.

#28979 3dbbq Barrel Adaption

Posted by rawray7 on 20 June 2004 - 07:48 PM in Homemades

zack, can you post some pictures of this on this site (ie, send them to cxwq)? i'm going to try to make it, but i'm confused as to why adding more darts changes the air flow that the first dart would receive.

#2806 750 Mod Results

Posted by rawray7 on 31 March 2003 - 01:42 PM in Modifications

one: what ammo are you using? two: if the barrel is tight, don't sand it out, get a new one. three: make sure that the ammo slides easily in the barrel. four: make the barrel longer. five: you might have a leak.

#48119 A Teaser........

Posted by rawray7 on 26 February 2005 - 06:54 PM in Homemades

amazing. my only question is: What supplies the power to eject the shells out the side? i'm sure this will be answered in due time though, so feel free to ignore me.

#8666 Age Of Nerfers

Posted by rawray7 on 24 August 2003 - 01:06 AM in General Nerf

That won't change your n00b-ism. Sorry.

i'd say that would definately change his noobism. the difference between being a poster who doesn't nerf, and a poster who has guns and does get out and nerfs is a huge difference on the cool scale.

#12035 Ah!

Posted by rawray7 on 27 October 2003 - 11:05 PM in Off Topic

the one thing worthy of mentioning about this post is that, at least in my browser, sentinalofnight's post shows up as multiple 'hahaha's layered over each other, all on a single line of text that extends almost 3 times the normal width of the page. anyways, i think that's sort of cool that he (accidentally, most likely) either tricked this pHp code into doing that, or he fooled my browser (IE) into layering the text all on a single line. anyways, that's about the only thing i found worthy of mentioning, aside from the fact that sentinalofnight is a douche bag.

#30573 Air Xxl Skeet Shoot

Posted by rawray7 on 07 July 2004 - 10:32 AM in Modifications

I think this is the best time to say it.

SKEET SKEET SKEET!

Yeah, I do realize I'm not Dave Chappelle. But... yeah, I'll be in my cubicle...

no, you're not

don't take it too hard.

#6436 Air-powered Shotgun

Posted by rawray7 on 02 July 2003 - 11:41 AM in Homemades

to tell you the truth, i am feeling a little woozy about your air tank design. i mean, i think i could pump up a gun faster than i could reach to my belt, grab an airtank, unhook the airtank, then put the new one on, then open the ball valve, then shoot, then repeat. it sounds....eh.....hefty.

#6430 Air-powered Shotgun

Posted by rawray7 on 02 July 2003 - 11:22 AM in Homemades

?

zero, i love you.

#6409 Air-powered Shotgun

Posted by rawray7 on 01 July 2003 - 11:51 PM in Homemades

okay....you are all wrong.

let's think of 9v batteries as bricks in a brick wall, they alternate:

**+ *-
+*-**+ *-

in this diagram each set of + - correspond with the knobs on the top of the 9v battery. if you view those bottom two batteries as right side up, then the one on top will be upside down. (for some odd reason, it's taking out my spaces, so i added the ** to make everything align. disregard the **)

now that is how you hook them together. then, you attach the wire from the solenoid to the = below A. then you attach a wire from the - below B to the momentary switch. then, the other solenoid cable to the momentary switch.

edit: will someone with half a brain and a digital camera help me out here?

#6367 Air-powered Shotgun

Posted by rawray7 on 01 July 2003 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

use a solenoid sprinkler valve. hook three nine volt batteries together. one of the solenoid wires goes directly to the batteries, the other goes through a momentary switch and then to the batteries. it'll be about 12 dollars for a solenoid valve, and you can get them at home depot.

or, use a sprinkler pistol thing-a-ma-valve. that's about 8 bucks.

#6379 Air-powered Shotgun

Posted by rawray7 on 01 July 2003 - 08:04 PM in Homemades

1) you can get a momentary switch at any hardware store in the electrical section
2) zero, solenoids are open with a current, and closed without one, no reversing is needed.
3) 9v batteries are the 8th wonder of the modern world, they actually lock themselves together. so, you still only need one wire, seeing as how the solenoid has two built in.

#19537 Airtech 4000 Review

Posted by rawray7 on 22 February 2004 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

I know it's unlikely that someone outside of the NIC modifies nerf guns with PETG, but I heard Talio found a guy who came up with darts made of FBR without ever having heard of stefans, so the idea of someone modding nerf guns that's not from NHQ or NH isn't that far fetched.

backer rod is a common product. PETG is a packaging product sold in minimum lengths of somewhere around 1100 feet. the chances of someone independently discovering and using PETG for the same purpose as we do is a good 10^8 less likely than someone discovering FBR.

#3196 All Ammo Barrel

Posted by rawray7 on 09 April 2003 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

well...you put one pipe into another. then that into another. what is your question?

#44941 An Idea For Nerf Wars

Posted by rawray7 on 26 December 2004 - 10:21 PM in General Nerf

or chilling in a crater with the faggot queen of the moon and jeff k.

#23512 Anyone Heard About Parkour?

Posted by rawray7 on 05 April 2004 - 01:15 AM in Off Topic

is "the Yamikaze" the name of one of these parkour groups? i saw a video of them a while ago, i'm pretty sure it's the same sport your talking about, the only thing that sounds different was that they were doing it follow the leader style. i believe the people who did the Presto commercials were from the Yamikaze. those guys are really badass. anyway, i guess i could say i engage in this on a really low scale level, since i started running cross country i had to quit aggressive skating because i was just getting hurt too much. i still like to pretend i'm a badass and 540* six-stairs on my way to class and stuff. every now and then i do some more hardcore stuff, but my injury-proness doesn't help me much. anyway, i think that's one of the coolest hobbies ever invented, i mean, it's like agressive walking, you can do it on your way to just about anywhere. specially if you need to jump a 30 foot gap between two parking structures B)

#29759 Anyone In A Band?

Posted by rawray7 on 28 June 2004 - 02:57 PM in Off Topic

yeah, i'm in a band. we're called Radiohead. the touring is grueling but i still find time for nerf.

no really.

edit: okay, no really^2, i do play bass in a band with a few of my friends. we've only played one show, but we had about 150-180 people there. it was pretty fun.

#29818 Anyone In A Band?

Posted by rawray7 on 28 June 2004 - 09:07 PM in Off Topic

These two guys keep saying I'm the bassist in their ska band, but I think they're just lying.

how does that happen?

#46837 Anyone Know Of A Website To Make A Projector?

Posted by rawray7 on 02 February 2005 - 08:50 PM in Off Topic

i'm not going to waste my time to find the website, but my friend made a projector out of a tv, a cardboard box, and a lense (he had to buy). basically the tv goes upside down in the box, there's a hole cut for the lense concave to the tv. then you turn off the lights and point it at a wall.

#17423 Anyone Know Who's Page This Is?

Posted by rawray7 on 28 January 2004 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

no idea whose site that is, but his manta ray looks pretty fucking badass. he did a nice job with the painting.

#323 Approach To Modification

Posted by rawray7 on 04 January 2003 - 02:46 PM in Modifications

If it is a gun i am not familiar with, i usually look at CXWQ or Yakman's mods, then decide if i am going to do exactly what they did, or tweak the mod a little bit. then i open up the gun, and stare at the innards for a bit, to make sure i have my plan correct...then i start hacking away...and if it doesn't work, then i go back to it and try and fix it, or turn it into something else. Although, if i care about the gun alot, like my crossbow or powerclip, then i try to do as little to the gun as possible, to get the best preformance. If i find the inside parts tricky, like the 5000, i usually follow directions exactly. i guess i would say that i am impatient with mods, as long as i don't love the gun...then i am semi-perfectionist.

#24452 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 18 April 2004 - 02:06 AM in Nerf Wars

last minute notice: long pants are preferred, apparently theres a nice harvest of weeds that'll stick to your socks in the war area.

10 AM my house, if yur later than 10:15-10:30 you'll probably have to ask my mom for the directions of the 5 minute walk to the war area. 626 797 2727 if anyone has trouble. thanks for coming guys, i hope my war location isn't too lame for you guys.

#24421 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 16 April 2004 - 11:55 PM in Nerf Wars

yeah we're gunna have a movie if everything goes as planned, maybe pictures too. hopefully out movie will be funny, we're going to put it to boys n da hood by dynamite hack. good thing i've got a 64 impala ;)

#22481 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 26 March 2004 - 05:51 PM in Nerf Wars

two things:
1) the full schedule i promised in on the way. i can say that sunday the 18th, i am available, except that it is holocaust remembrence day, and i'll need to be remembering really hard about the holocaust. other than that there is nothing on my calendar, and unless there is some emergency, i can make sure there will be nothing on my calendar that day.

the 17th, looks like it is the LA Junior + Cadet Fencing Invitational, which i was looking forward to, so that looks doubtful for me, at least for the whole day.

all in all, i'd much rather have a sunday war, just because i'm generally always busy during the morning/early afternoon on saturdays.

2) what happened to castle park? i remember seeing pictures of spoon with about 90% less facial hair and a bunch of kids in a bunch of low res pictures at a place called castle park. it looked really sweet.

EDIT: my spring break started today at 2:30, in case that's important information, and i go back the 5th.

#3151 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 09 April 2003 - 12:52 AM in Nerf Wars

i fence foil. i started this december, so i haven't really been at it all that long, but i am decent. um...regional events: i fenced a Y14 tournament in sacramento with 67 people. last weekend i fenced a Y14 tournament at beverly hills fencer's club, i did about as well as i would have expected. The only other regional thing i have done was a pre-tournament warm-up at something like southern coast fencing down in tustin. the club i am with is Fortune Fencing, in pasadena. their website isn't that great, but i really like the club environment.

well...anyhoo, aboot YANO. one more update if anyone cares: i will probably be bringing either 3 people or 5. all depends, again, on my friend's planning skills. all of the littlier ones i have brought in the past (i.e. Paul, Luke etc..) aren't going to be able to make it, because they all have Baseball games and team pictures. it will probably just be Me, casey (can't find a pic. ski goggles and 5k) and Kevin (valiantly charging with Spoon and I)(i think we re-named him Ted at the last YANO)

boy, digging up those pictures has got me hyped!

#3198 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 09 April 2003 - 08:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Do they still have unranked tourneys at Chaminade HS?

yeah, my mom has fenced a few epee tournaments over there.

you will probably hate us though because we're kids, and that hurts my feelings

mason, chill out. we haven't even started hating you, and your sad.

and on a side note: in a perfect world with less to do, i could have 2 AT3K's modded and in use for people without guns. possibly an AT2k or two. oh, and guys: please make some decent ammo!!!!!! i am pretty low, and the only other people i can look to for good ammo are CXWQ and Spoon. and i am sick of being shot with darts i can't use. stop with the 400-stefans-per-hour quality level.

#3138 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 08 April 2003 - 09:12 PM in Nerf Wars

alright, i'm sorry to dissappoint everyone, but it doesn't look like there is going to be much barricade action this saturday. i've only finished one. it will be a miracle if i can get more than that before saturday. the most i could possibly do would be three, that's all the material i have. they really don't take that long, but my agenda this week is about as busy as it gets. i have baseball and fencing 5 days a week, i was sick yesterday so i have a lot of make-up work, i have an alumni concert at my old school, a baseball game friday, and yeah. i'm sorry i hyped it all up and never really delivered. hopefully i will be able to make them by the next YANO.

secondly, this is the week of tragedies. not only did my wonderful sunglasses break, but i think i broke my thumb today, up at the plate in baseball practice: inside pitch going about 87 right into my left-hand thumb. i doubt i will be able to use my sidearm. oh well, you guys won't mind, it will keep alive the short lived tradition of "when ray fires, i want everyone on our team to rush their base".

#2992 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 04 April 2003 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

well...i'm glad you guys thought the story was funny. i have never had so much fun posting until that story. i was really trying to make it seem like i had been blinded or something, i guess it worked. seeing the upset this has created among socal nerfers and the upset in my heart as well, i think i am going to try to repair them with some pink tape or something.

i think my YANO count is still at about 5.

~commander blop: signing out~

#2956 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 03 April 2003 - 11:30 PM in Nerf Wars

i post here this evening to inform you of some sad news concerning the upcoming YANO.

today, while riding a Razor scooter, i hit a small bump. it did not help that i was laughing frantically miliseconds prior to the incident. after my front wheel was lodged in the concrete, i was flipped head over heels onto the pavement. the back of my left knee suffered some scrap damage, along with my hands. the biggest casualty of all was my eyes. no, i have not directly damaged my pupils, but something much worse...

it was not a sunny day, and i found my hip pink sunglasses (featured in the YANO gallery) of no use. putting them in my pocket was the biggest mistake of my young life...

the sunglasses were in my pocket when the horendous accident occured, and i am afraid they are no longer among the living. Doctors worked around the clock to repair the snapped right side and the cracked lense, but to no avail.

me and those glasses when back along way, and i am sad to see them go. to make a long story short: umm....i will be not be wearing my pink glasses to YANO, and unless i can find a trendy substitute, i am afraid my nerfing qualities may not be up to par.

with deep sorrow,
commander ray: over and out.

#3288 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 10 April 2003 - 11:41 PM in Nerf Wars

see here as the native Spoon once again abuses his tribal powers. now, to our special on the jackalope...

#3328 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 12 April 2003 - 01:56 AM in Nerf Wars

midnight update: i refuse to pull an all nighter, and my dad wont let me use the powersaw. therefore: no barricades for sure. also, i am at a solid three people in my party. i won't have more than my usual arsenal (with an added 2k). and i am going to sleep, so the only thing i am aiming to accomplish before 7:30 tomorrow morning is to finish steve's barrel. my glasses are fixed, thanks to some duct tape. i am prepared to kick some ass tomorrow pending that i can sleep on the way there, and during lunch. end of the midnight update.

#24038 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 11 April 2004 - 11:22 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone wants, I'll try and bring my camera.

feel free to bring your camera. i'm going to try to get my friend to film/nerf, if he does we're going to make a movie, hopefully to that dynamite hack song "boys-n-the-hood", i just can't get over how funny that could be.

Alright, let's halt the May war sub-thread we've got running here.

okay, so is the may war completely off?

#24042 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 11 April 2004 - 11:54 PM in Nerf Wars

That would be my preference. I don't think people are going to be able to manage monthly wars and I'd like to see a big turnout for Armageddon in June.

sounds fine with me, i was just looking forward to giving Zero a big hug, but now that he's a going to be dancing the night away, that wouldn't have happened anyway. um...if a bunch of people are dying to nerf in may i'm up for it, but let's definately try to pull of a 2002 style armageddon, 45+, hehe.

#23626 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 05 April 2004 - 11:57 PM in Nerf Wars

the question that seems to be on everyone's mind: whither the weather, weather man?

anyway, can we start making things official? like 9-5 venado 18th? is there any resentment against just going to venado? i wasn't there when you guys got yelled at, but i don't think people do jumps off the grass hills in their trucks, and it sounded like a load of shit the guy was giving you. hey do i still get free PETG if i bring a girl? not that i need any, but does that rule still apply? 1 more thing before i'm done bugging you all, can we try to have everyone bring a pistol or two so we can have a pistol war? i'm just dying for a pistol war. oh, and if there's a movie, i've already decided my nomination for the soundtrack: boys in the hood by dynamite hack (sp*) so funny, such a perfect fit.

sorry about the double post, but i figure if i annoy you all enough, we'll get a date down, we'll start modding our guns and making stefans, we'll start thinking about it so we can have a decent sized war. even though i am the last person who should be trying to inspire people to organize, heh.

#23497 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 04 April 2004 - 11:42 PM in Nerf Wars

alright, well, i've got my cbow back in working order, i had to undo the trigger mod, and just use the original spring. not any better than before, sturdier, and greener, but shoots the same as usual. i think i'm bringing definately 3, 2 prospects, so i'm getting we'll get 4.

table for 4 please.

let's just have the war at venado...i mean, it's been a while since you were yelled at, and there's other places to play than the urban area, everyone is familiar with it, it sounded like bonelli didn't rox0r, and i'd prefer not to drive to toj's house.

#23252 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 02 April 2004 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

location?

#24366 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 16 April 2004 - 12:29 AM in Nerf Wars

god damn, even with sam ima have to do some recruiting. i'll try to get 5 there for you, i'd hate to be outnumbered by the visiting team. do you still need darts? because if you've got 5 people who need darts, ima have to make a shitload this weekend. anyway, 10 AM my house, we'll war there until everyone arrives, then we'll head over to the "forest". lunch will be tentative around 12-1, i don't care really when. we can end whenever spoon has to go.

oh, one of your matts needs a new name, because i wont put up with 2 matts.