Lynx's Content

There have been 925 items by Lynx (Search limited from 04-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#125624 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Lynx on 09 October 2007 - 05:43 PM in Modifications

Grip tape for the world man. Why didn't you get a better pump or use a titan pump? My friends Magstrike works with about 20-30 pumps no mods at all though...

#137576 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Lynx on 27 January 2008 - 11:58 PM in Modifications

Uh oh, bpso86, I will have to face doom at next OHNO or if I go down to UC (late fall b/c me driving hopefully).

Very nice paintjob!

I have been thinking about how to use a breech system based off of the Unknown breech and a threaded piece of pvc as a barrel.

So, progress:

designing: %85
preparation: %20
actually doing it: %0
write-up: %-40

#125289 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Lynx on 07 October 2007 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

My friend just trashed his mav before I went over to his house. I was going to fix it's broken cocker (hehe), but he already took a 3 lbs. sledge to it...he is sort of destructive...

#246910 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Lynx on 13 August 2009 - 04:05 PM in Modifications

Wes, looks like Maine's fucking rough.

Anyways, here's my 3k. Shoots about 80 max, 70+ consistently. It has pump plugged, the pump extended with a SuperSoaker XP310 pump, horribly aligned 9/16'ths barrels, the goo gauge drained and a few sticks of hot glue:

Posted Image

EDIT: I hate shutterfly now...

#136494 Lancer

Posted by Lynx on 19 January 2008 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

Wow... So that's it?

So, uhh when you bringin' that to an OHNO?
And, there is a back alley and (remembers your a bodybuilder) shit ... maybe we could have some cake?

I like vanilla crazy cake. (happy kotaku fans?)

Also, HOLY SHIT, LED's are the future of NERF. Especially the one's in lancers...

Can't wait to see that in person.

(gonna try to go out to an east coast war before the horsemen die...)

#147514 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by Lynx on 28 March 2008 - 03:39 PM in Modifications

I usually use silicone paste since it helps with the seal and is very slick. The spray stuff is:

1. Costly
2. Bad for me (I work is close quarters)
3. Difficult to acquire (looked at Ace and Lowes & I already had the silicone paste)

The paste is by 3M and is for brakes and pistons. I recommend it fo' sho'.

#236890 Plastic Safe Lubricants

Posted by Lynx on 17 June 2009 - 09:37 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image

It lubes it, is thick so it grabs dust and builds up at the end of the plunger tube, builds the ever-loved "film", and is cheap as hell. Used it for about 1.5 years: No damage. I found it in my dad's garage after a spring replacement in my first gun and I have used it ever since.

The only draw back is that you need to open the guns up every now and then (once a year) to clean the dirt/excess out.

#140497 The Vulcan

Posted by Lynx on 15 February 2008 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

I see the Vulcan being used in a Human versus Zombie scenario.

I picture a person with a backpack of shells and a car battery/drill battery hooked up to a Vulcan just Rambo-ing people down.

I also see Nerf making a really bad chain system that jams.

Finally, I see less than 20 feet stock ranges and a 30-40 foot modified range.

To sum this up: Not bad, but not war worthy...HvZ with this though...in-fucking-credible!

#157624 The Vulcan

Posted by Lynx on 31 May 2008 - 10:44 PM in General Nerf

The last post was on May 9th, a full 22 days earlier than now to post a question that was asked 3 months ago.

If you really felt the need to say something derogatory towards someone that posted 3 months and 538-ish posts ago, please go ahead and get ban-in-ated.

#159271 The Vulcan

Posted by Lynx on 15 June 2008 - 03:50 PM in General Nerf

From the sheer amount of NERF supplies (well over 400 dollars worth) I think that they are inside Hasbro.

#161257 The Vulcan

Posted by Lynx on 02 July 2008 - 02:20 PM in General Nerf

If the rate of fire is controlled by the batteries on full auto, through a Nerf War, you would need 3-4 sets of batteries.

People would use it like a longshot in single fire.

It's a weak longshot with 25 shots in single fire, and has a 30 feet pos range full auto (based on the videos).

#134592 Longshot Modification.

Posted by Lynx on 01 January 2008 - 02:18 PM in Modifications

Thanks a lot, FSA! I'm planning to do this to two LSs before the spring semester starts, and I think I finally grok. What barrel length do you use, counting the part that receives the dart?

Thanks a lot, FSA! I'm planning to do this to two LSs before the spring semester starts, and I think I finally grok. What barrel length do you use, counting the part that receives the dart?

It looks like the barrel is right about 9.5-10.5 inches. That doesn't include the bolt length of piping, just from what used to be the dart tooth forward.

Barrel wise, I wouldn't go any further than 12 inches.

The better seal you have, the longer your barrel can be. (within reason, of course.)

Over the summer, I attempted to do a brass-bluntbolt replacement, but I had trouble securing the new brass bolt to the Blue frame.(It would hold for maybe 25 shots, then snap back off) How did you get yours attached FA?

PM FOR GODSAKES...

#145154 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by Lynx on 14 March 2008 - 09:30 PM in Homemades

If you are going to OHNO:
I will have to say that is a uber homemade dart blaster and I will not play with it on the Nerf field...
I'm going to get owned by this beast!

Also, I'm very happy to see that Slug's +bow has been utilized the way he intended it to be used.

#129837 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Lynx on 15 November 2007 - 10:55 PM in News

The idea SHA was to make the 3 clips into 2 clips that can hold 9 shots. This way you can use the stock on the longshot and the RC so you can actually HOLD two clips. The fun part of this is you would gain clip capacity AND still keep the convenience of the clips. I don't see a downside other than slight difficulties in cutting the spring so it would function properly. Two 9 shot clips readily available compared to three 6 shot clips, one 12 shot clip, or two 6 shot clips We Owned the Other Team= WOOT!

#129828 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Lynx on 15 November 2007 - 10:24 PM in News

Reactor...

ON TOPIC:

I was thinking that Hasbro should be stocking shelves with the extra clips or include 2 + in them.

Also...

Has anyone put 3 clips together to make 2 9-10 shot clips?!?

#133144 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Lynx on 19 December 2007 - 09:37 PM in News

Through educated guesses, people have almost derived the length of the plunger tube.

Also, the width is unknown...

It could be nitefinder powered or longshot powered. We just don't know and also just really want to know.

#130219 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Lynx on 19 November 2007 - 09:59 PM in News

quote from me to caps...deal with it...

I wish that you could pick up this or a bundle pack with more darts, another clip and a bag/strap.

The darts are most likely streamline because it is the SAME DAMN CLIP!

Idiots...

#127249 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Lynx on 24 October 2007 - 10:07 PM in News

Wow! I think a clipped pistol existed:

(smart ass proof)

Posted Image

SO stop "omg"ing over something that has been out for a while.

One of the best thing about the longshot carbine/lcs is going to be the rails on the added barrel.

I am saying rails love interchangeable systems like:

2 smdtg's on rails and a titan pump on the bottom. (think biggest salvo on a longshot!)

Secret taggers/pocket strikes:

Posted Image

On top/bottom again with titan pump.

Nitefinder galore.

Homemades

Iron sights/ghost rings on the cocker (hehe) and end of barrel.

AND MORE!!!

It will be the longshot carbine or lcs!

edit: See post below. I don't really care though! It has been out for more than 6 months then. The NIC never REALLY made noise about it so I bet I could've sneaked it by......if it weren't for you.....(creeps around Qui-lan Fett's house with a Nitefinder)

#127551 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Lynx on 26 October 2007 - 04:55 PM in News

Pistol with a clip, exactly what everyone has been waiting for! Also, the marvelous accessories MAKE a gun.

Please Note: longshot=good to greatish
(indentation) longshot with captain slugs foregrip mod=fucking righteous!

#128496 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Lynx on 03 November 2007 - 09:34 PM in News

I might ask for this or a longshot for christmas (even though I'm a jew, gotta love the g-parents).
I will get my final decision from reviews from the NIC.
Maybe another dtg...

ON TOPIC:

Anyways...It looks like a good integration gun and a easy mod gun.
Also, the clip makes the gun.
If the plunger is anything like a LnL or a NF, this will be a definite pick up.
Hopefully the seal is good.

#128727 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Lynx on 05 November 2007 - 08:54 PM in News

I wish that you could pick up this or a bundle pack with more darts, another clip and a bag/strap.

The darts are most likely streamline because it is the SAME DAMN CLIP!

Idiots...

EDIT: YAY my 174th post! :) ! DO you all REALLY have to say that?

#128737 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Lynx on 05 November 2007 - 09:28 PM in News

All cool.

Well:

I wish the rc (recon) will come out before the 15/16th...

I am anticipating the adaptability of this and my nitefinder which I think could clip to the rail?

I REALLY want this blaster...

#126504 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Lynx on 17 October 2007 - 07:39 PM in Off Topic

Thank you very much RAMBO!

#126470 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Lynx on 17 October 2007 - 02:20 PM in Off Topic

How do you make the fah.exe run in the background?

#285192 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Lynx on 09 September 2010 - 08:08 PM in Off Topic

Well, it's been a while, and I notice the lack of participation. Right now, dc12volt and I are the only ones nerfing diseases, and I think that's a shame. Lets get back on this guys!

#173425 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Lynx on 29 August 2008 - 05:10 PM in Off Topic

I will install this on other comps once I learn how to get it on MY computer...

I may use and abuse the you may use others comps, just not any NIC'ers computer.

EDIT: The real reason I posted: GO SLUGGY!

#127027 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Lynx on 23 October 2007 - 02:16 PM in Off Topic

My dos version sleeps after 5 errors for a whole day! Haw can I fix that?

I am running vista and I use the older version and the start menu/accessories/run. I hate vista. It asks whether or not to copy folders and shit like that!!!

#139862 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Lynx on 12 February 2008 - 11:53 PM in Off Topic

I was talking about a place to put parts inside a case like one would a desktop case.

I just spent WAY to long to find out a top of the line computer is at least $700 cheaper if you make it yourself!

Can't wait until I have a job...

#127060 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Lynx on 23 October 2007 - 06:51 PM in Off Topic

Vista say:

CoreStatus = 63 (99)
Error starting Folding@Home core

Excuse my French but:

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO MY PROTEIN FOLDING!!!

#125292 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Lynx on 07 October 2007 - 12:57 AM in Off Topic

Running on a dual core 1.77 intel laptop connected all the time (WOOT WIFI). I was a little confused about what this was at first. I didn't really realize that I was donating extraneous ram to the greater good of protein folding! I joined the Nerf Haven team so KEEP ON FOLDING!

#139847 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Lynx on 12 February 2008 - 10:40 PM in Off Topic

I reinstalled on my new laptop with a little upgrade in the processor department...

I will have to build my next computer because I am tired of crappy laptops...

Anyone know of a laptop case?

#121040 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by Lynx on 24 August 2007 - 08:40 PM in Homemades

When do you think this will be able to shoot in war and any educated guesses on the ranges??

#123532 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by Lynx on 19 September 2007 - 03:45 PM in Homemades

Achem...BUMP

ER CARS YAY

#125674 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by Lynx on 09 October 2007 - 10:45 PM in Homemades

[indenting is impossible]Why not take a plunger from a good gun (a nf) and a breech loading, shell using tube magazine? The plunger could be attached to the pump and the breech could be attached to the pump. The plunger would function like a nf and the breech would open on the top and bottom (top a tad bit longer at the pull and the bottom a bit longer at the end of the pump to prevent dropping full shells). The magazine tube could even be side loading if desired. I think you all are making this a lot harder than needed.

#176788 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by Lynx on 11 September 2008 - 11:20 PM in Homemades

WHAT ABOUT IT?

#134184 Nerf Recon Ar Removal

Posted by Lynx on 28 December 2007 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

It sounds like a plunger replacement is needed...

Sad but other wise the gun is toast...

Sad but true...

Also, Hasbro doesn't design to frustrate us! Hasbro is just so good at it that is comes naturally. Remember, we are consumers who are the only ones to buy a gun OVER AND OVER AND OVER. They love us as long as we don't kill or injure ourselves. Really, why WOULDN't they like us?!?

#126681 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Lynx on 19 October 2007 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

Another question...

I am modding a nitefinder. What length of sch40 1/2" pvc should I use with stock micros (with sticky tip not the sonics)?

#236470 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Lynx on 15 June 2009 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

17/32nds.

Its tight for most darts and the streamlines, but that is good for springers.

Read the damn posts.

#166094 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Lynx on 02 August 2008 - 11:33 PM in Modifications

You are better off trying 1/2" PVC with e-tape/hot glue around the PETG.

#126434 Abp5k

Posted by Lynx on 16 October 2007 - 09:38 PM in Homemades

I think the LS scope looks like crap. It makes it harder to aim than without.
Also, He already has a set of wonderful iron sights. Lasers can be difficult to see during the day.

I said it would be hilarious. If Captain-Slug had the money to make that, can't he buy a 75 buck laser pointer (very visible in light) to mount on all his primaries? I'm just saying that a 35 cent ls scope on a $100+ nerf gun would be so dang funny...