Jangadance's Content

There have been 620 items by Jangadance (Search limited from 20-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#23701 Avatars

Posted by Jangadance on 07 April 2004 - 04:30 AM in Site Feedback

"Man, who's knob do I have to polish to get a custom avatar around here?!"

I would like to take a moment say that the avatar gallery is superb, kudos to Julie.

<edit> I just realized that it definately sounded like I was fishing for a custom avatar with my compliment. Well, I wasn't; I'm satisfied using goofy looking characters from Harry Potter. w00t!

#5153 New Jersey Apocalypse

Posted by Jangadance on 31 May 2003 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmm, foam isn't water soluble. If it rains, "Nerf on or fuck off"? ;)

#8554 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Jangadance on 21 August 2003 - 11:59 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I've got family in Saint Louis. Well, if anyone gets a Midwest Nerf war of any significance started, I'm always down for it. I'm in Southeast Minnesota, right on the border in Winona taking classes at Winona State University. Have Nerf guns, will drive.

#7634 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Jangadance on 04 August 2003 - 01:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I hail from Minneapolis. What you need to find/develop is a Nerf-rich area before even thinking of suggesting people from neighboring states come drop by for a war. I'll be at college in South East Minnesota this fall, so whatever is close to there.

#246494 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 10 August 2009 - 09:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

I mean, I'm not fronting gas for a solo voyage across the barren landscape that is I-90 alone.

I wouldn't complain if Britney was coming though.

#246565 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2009 - 12:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Going through Wisconsin without getting a ticket is easy. Wisconsinites can't drive anyway, and the speed limit is optional.

5 hours is good time, but as Zorn Said, plan on about 6 hours each way. 7 gives two LONG mean stops instead of drive thru.

The college where Carrtoon and I used to attend straddles the Wisconsin / MN border just off i-90, and I drive to Chicago often. It's not a bad drive, just boring alone. Should make for a great road trip to Nerf, whoever is down...!

We'll probably come down 52 or 61, depending on if there's any stragglers that need picking up, and if we want the scenic (river) route. That time of the year, the bluffs look purdy with the leaves changing.

#246527 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2009 - 12:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Eh, what the hell...

Go ahead and put me on the attendees list. I'll make it happen one way or the other. I can also transport up to 3 others (4 if you guys don't mind 14 hours of extreme discomfort). We can work out details later, but don't bring too damn much crap.

Beaver, you've seen my armory video... I promise not to bring more than half of it, k?

No, I have minimal shit I travel with, I would really survive with toiletries, a change of socks, and a gun. :o

Sounds like a blast! Who's got a big car / something not too gas guzzlish?

#246515 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 10 August 2009 - 11:27 PM in Nerf Wars

If I carpool with someone to this war, I'll spot anyone who didn't think they could afford the train / bus / gas for their 5-10 bucks. That should NOT be a deciding factor for a Nerf war! :o

#246952 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 13 August 2009 - 08:47 PM in Nerf Wars

17th is a better date for me, unless I can hitch a ride with someone else, as I will not have car-age on the other dates.

I am fairly sure I am set for the 17th, its all pending on if I have a place to stay with relatives.

The date is set to the 17th.

If we want to do a warm-up war the 3rd or the 10th, I can start a separate thread when the date gets closer.

My Mazda gets almost 30 MPG but only carries 4 comfortably- any date is fine for me, if I ask off in advance. Whenever other MN Nerfers would be free, I can run a carpool down to the Windy City.

P.S. if you Chicagoans want to meet up for tea and crumpets, on any given day of the week, that's well and fine- hopefully we ALL can find a date that would allow for the biggest, baddest, Nerf war possible.

#246491 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 10 August 2009 - 09:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I would love to attend, pending:
  • I successfully (in advance) ask for the day off from work
  • solid confirmation of MN carpool

#40648 Election 2k4

Posted by Jangadance on 03 November 2004 - 03:09 AM in News

Fox News is the only conservative major news network. As for liberal networks? You've got CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, even PBS which people of all political persuasion pay taxes to fund through the Coorporation for Public Broadcasting. I'm taking Mass Media and Society this semester @ college so I've got a whole textbook and all my lectures to go quote from if you need it.

I did my part and voted for Kerry, but it seems from the Minnesota's 10 electoral college votes are going to him already. When I turned off the TV it was looking grim for Kerry but it's possible. We'll see how things turn out in the morning.

#14586 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Jangadance on 18 December 2003 - 01:25 PM in Off Topic

Wait a second, since when was this thread about Canada? Let's get back on topic, and discuss how great America is. Carry on.

#14356 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Jangadance on 14 December 2003 - 09:57 PM in Off Topic

George W. Bush ... He's a real threat, because nobody, including the United Nations, can stop him.

Well, with a few exceptions. Whoever wanted to try to oppose Bush would have to employ the use of a few unconventional weapons. For instance, Gamecube equipped with Super Monkey Ball 2, a Magic Eye book, or perhaps a bag of yummy pretzels?

#247784 September Mnno 09'

Posted by Jangadance on 20 August 2009 - 09:26 AM in Nerf Wars

No reason why I shouldn't be there, with about 2 friends.

Again, if anyone needs transport around the Twin Cities to get to this war, just holler. I or someone else will assist in your deployment.

Koree and others who want to organize things, more power to you. Order = success!

#4768 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Jangadance on 19 May 2003 - 04:14 PM in Off Topic

***spoilers***

I have a few questions about the film I didn't quite understand.

1) Ok, the "father of the Matrix" said that if Neo chose one door, Zion would be saved, but Trinity would die. If he went through the other, he could save Trinity, but would lead to the extinction of mankind. Of course, love overcame him and he went to save Trinity. However, he was still breathing, and mankind seemed just fine to me. What happened?

2) The whole thing with the Oracle actually being a program I understood fine. However, it didn't "click" to me why her "visions" were always wrong. In the first Matrix film, she flatly to Neo that he wasn't "The One". She was wrong, wasn't she? What's up with that?

3) Also, another thing with the Father of the Matrix scene. Why were hundreds of Neo's emotions being shown on the TV screens? And, what was all that stuff about the choices being made 6 times? That totally baffled me.

4) I understood the thing with the Oracle when she told Neo that some "bad programs" rebelled. Agent Smith was portrayed as a bad program. He was "unplugged". In this case, why is he still trying to kill Neo? For personal revenge? If he is just a computer program, how can he have emotions? And if so, why can't they just delete him?

***spoilers over***

Well, that's my list of confusing questions. Can anybody answer them to clear this up? When I saw the first Matrix, I required a second viewing to fully understand the concept. I think it's the same with Reloaded. I'm definitely going to have to see it again.

Okay, I will try to answer some of the aspects of your questions with my albeit limited insight. :rolleyes: **Warning, Spoilers ahead**

1) I assumed that the 'father of the Matrix' or Architect was offering Neo the opportunity to give himself up for the good of the unplugged humans living in the real world- he could be examined by the computers to find out what variables had made him turn out the be the One, and he could pick a group of people who would stay behind and rebuild Zion. Or, he could go and try to save Trinity, but then the Sentinels would kill all of the remaining humans that aren't plugged into the matrix. Obviously, Neo and Trinity and the gang weren't in Zion, so the Sentinel's assault force didn't kill them. That's why they were "still breathing". Also, I don't think he meant it as an instantaneous affect, it was more of a threat for what the Sentinels will do when they get to Zion.

(*gotta go step out for a bit, I'll finish the rest later.)

#4661 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Jangadance on 15 May 2003 - 11:26 PM in Off Topic

*snippity snip* oh, yeah, know why they picked the name "neo"???? Cuz it sounds cool, and if you mix up the letters you get; "one".

... Not to mention the fact that Neo is a prefix that means new or abnormal- Neo's ability to alter the matrix is his glitch, his abnormality.

#4667 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Jangadance on 16 May 2003 - 02:21 AM in Off Topic

Let's be real here, that answers noones question.

:huh: Ah, well, actually I think that does answer his question. superadaquabat didn't ask about the scientific truth behind that movie tidbit, he asked what the movie's reasoning was. And like you said, it is after all just a movie. Take it for what it is. And if you want to read into it further than that, you could imagine that the advanced system that is used for 'jacking in' to the matrix provides such extremely realistic stimuli directly to the brain that when you get shot with a bullet, the nervous system goes into a state of shock and simply shuts down. Or something. :angry:

#4863 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Jangadance on 21 May 2003 - 07:03 PM in Off Topic

oh, yeah, know why they picked the name "neo"? Cuz it sounds cool, and if you mix up the letters you get; "one".

Oh, I almost forgot. I wanted to mention that Morpheus is the Greek god of Dreams. The name of the drug Morphine is derived from this word, so it's interesting to think about the filmmakers choice in names. Are there any other names you can pick up on that contain symbolism? I can't really analyze Trinity, what's the deal with that? Oh yeah, don't post about Tank and Dozer's names or I'll get angry and burst a blood vessel in my eyeball. :D

#4764 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Jangadance on 19 May 2003 - 03:42 PM in Off Topic

the movie was a good one but there were some realy stupid scenes like when neo masojed trinitys heart to bring her back to life. i thought that the sex scene was stupid, come on (not to be racist) black people getting ther freak on to techno while neo and trinity are doing it! if anything it was more funy than erotic. the fight scenes were great especialy the freeway one. i read one article about the matrix they said that there was suposed to be ghost and wearwolfs in it. i know about the gost but what about the wearwolfs? the story line was good but i needed a better ending. I agree that it wasn't as good as the first one. over all i would give it a B, but still i makes want to see the final one

I thought that the dance scene was appropriate, I felt it was celebrating the aspect of humanity, which makes us different than the computers. There was also a dance club scene in the original Matrix, but no one complained about that. And as for the scene in which Neo revives Trinity- she was in the matrix and since he has the power to alter the matrix, he reached inside of her (think about when Neo jumped inside of Mr. Smith in the first movie) but this time he manually pumped the valves to get her heart to start beating again. I suppose kind of like when they shock you with the defibulator.

During one of the many great lectures, someone (the Oracle, I think) reveals the fact that all of the reported sightings of aliens, ghosts, vampires, etc were actually agents of the matrix. I've only seen Reloaded once so far, but I of course picked up on the ghosts- the two guys with white dreadlocks) and I thought I saw some that looked like they could be the vampires- the 2 'outdated' agents employed by the french information dealer. They were watching TV at least, and it was a vampire flick. What do you guys think? Anyhow.

#295060 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by Jangadance on 25 February 2011 - 01:55 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Took this pic of the Dec. 2010 Maxim.

I'm posting it in an attempt to arrouse 13 year old boys in a way that I know no woman shall ever arrouse me. :D

#18148 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by Jangadance on 04 February 2004 - 05:43 PM in Off Topic

Now I get to hold them down with 14bps.

Tee hee hee! Balls per second? That's just friggin great.

#12438 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by Jangadance on 06 November 2003 - 01:48 AM in Off Topic

nerfisgreat01, thanks for trying to hold a conversation whilst fending off your attackers. The problem is that, you joined in on a topic right after someone who wasn't as interested as you are in holding an intelligent discussion on the matter had just gotten banned for being a prick. That being said, everyone's tensions were already high.

I have paintballed before, and played with some airsoft guns a little. If I had a fatter wallet, I would probably go buy a nice paintball gun and go to the Splatball course with some friends. However, as college students, we don't have that pleasure. Good weapons cost alot of money, not to mention the seemingly constant need for more ammunition.

I like the heat of combat, and I'm sure you understand from the things you have experienced that close combat can be just as adrenaline-pumping (if not more so) than long distance exchanges of fire. Also, the range of most nerf guns is more conducive to the kind of battles that you would be able to have in parks or even neighborhoods; in other words- you don't have to go to the paintball range just to enjoy your weapons.

When I was in High School, I knew less about modifying nerf guns than you did. I still had the black elastics on my Bow and Arrow, and I would NEVER think of using plumber's tubing like PVC to fire nerf darts with. But, I still had a hell of a lot of fun, having 8 man wars in my basement with bases and forts. It wasn't the sort of thing we could do outside, but inside it was a good way to spend an afternoon.

Nerf didn't become such a big hobby of mine until I learned about modifying nerf guns on the internet. The fact that I could take a Nerf SuperMaxx 750, a 1/2" PVC coupler, some 1/2" PVC tubing, and a bead of hot glue and turn it into a harbringer of stinging death, on my own, in my very basement, really interested me. It's fun to shoot your friends with guns, but even more fun if those guns were your projects that you thought up cool ways to improve.

nerfisgreat01, what nerf guns do you have? If you want, you can post a topic on how to mod them. Maybe once you've experimented with modification you will understand. If not, no big deal. Maybe we'll see you out there in the paintball arena. Or maybe, just maybe, you'll catch the nerfing 'bug' and we'll see ya at the next 30 man nerf war.

#12401 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by Jangadance on 05 November 2003 - 08:44 PM in Off Topic

nerfisgreat01, if you want to discuss this rationally, please ignore six-hungry-ducks, and respond to mine and ItalionStallion's posts. Thanks.

#12394 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by Jangadance on 05 November 2003 - 07:32 PM in Off Topic

To clear something up... I'm assuming we are still talking to Nerfornothin. Right, nerfisgreat01?

You said "it's just foam"... obviously you haven't done any research into this subject. So, go get shot without eye protection with a gun like the SM5000 after it has been modified to shoot homemade micro darts. I really don't see why it's worth your time to sit here at a Nerf modification forum if you're not interested in nerfing.

Also, I'm not sure if this is something that you can appreciate, but men like 'projects'. Maybe they have an old clunker of an automobile in the garage that they like to work on, maybe their project is home improvement, who knows. My roommate is a guitar tech, he gets paid to 'modify' guitars. My other roommate works on high-performance cars and motorcycles. Now, if you have this instinct to take something that doesn't work right and make it better, nerf can be a lot of fun for you. You take something that's originally a crappy piece of plastic, I will admit, and make it into a weapon capable of dishing out pain. And, a lot of the time, you're working off your own problem solving and creativity.

You may or may not understand/accept this, but I thought it might help if I explained.

#12387 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by Jangadance on 05 November 2003 - 07:13 PM in Off Topic

I want to shoot him, in the eye, point blank, with a brassed 5k. Any objections?

I doubt it would hurt, i mean, its only nerf, what can foam do?

Unless you're using special darts, the foam will never come in contact with your retina. It's just used to stabilize the dart in flight, like wings- and to keep our game in the aesthetic realm of Nerf.

Instead, you'll be hit with what is essentially a metal BB encased in a cone of hard plastic. At least paintballs explode on impact usually, huh?

And if you're using a gun that shoots easily over 100 feet FLAT, at point blank range? You're in for a world of pain boy. So, show a healthy amount of fear.

#24677 East Coast War

Posted by Jangadance on 23 April 2004 - 03:43 PM in Nerf Wars

That sounds like a sweet place to nerf. Much better to pay that for a day of nerfing than a 2 hour movie and a bucket of popcorn, you know? Well, this sounds tempting so I'll be checking my schedule to see if I'll be busy around that date. ;)

#26895 East Coast War

Posted by Jangadance on 24 May 2004 - 06:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I hung out with a buddy of mine today that I met in grade school and went to high school with. Apparently, he is taking a road trip out to Drexel University in Philly on the 10th to pick up a friend of his who is done with classes. They need to be back in Minneapolis on the 14th, and it's a fucking 24 hour drive. If I bum a ride from them, I can get to and from ECNO without having to throw down $200 for airfare or busfare. So, the 12th would be much better for me than the 13th. Either way, I look forward to hanging out and hopefully nerfing with the whole bunch of you scoundrels.

#31392 NerfHaven: Tribal Council

Posted by Jangadance on 16 July 2004 - 04:24 AM in Site Feedback

omg u noob this topic, is waaaay old liek 3 months and, omg u triple posted

That being said, we're all busy people. In an average day, there is only so much time one can (healthily) devote to reading every post on a forum. It's much easier on us when those posts are legible and concise, and (hopefully?) intelligent and informed. Perhaps that's too much to expect from people on the internet, but I'd like to think it's pretty manageable. If someone starts a bunch of topics, chances are they need to do some back-reading to see if the issue has already been covered. In which case it's a waste of time for me to read again, let alone respond to. :P

#101898 Mn Spring Break Nerf War

Posted by Jangadance on 06 April 2007 - 01:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I PM'd Janga at the one month, and he said he'd be going if Carrtoon was going, as Carrtoon was his ride. So nothing definite, but at least it's on his mind.

Cartoon and I have been talking about it, he seems interested, and if can get a car he'll bring us. I already took work off a month ago. If Cartoon can't get a car, I'll try to force my girlfriend to take me. In other words, yes I'll be bringing duct tape to the war. ^_^

#98791 Mn Spring Break Nerf War

Posted by Jangadance on 25 January 2007 - 11:39 AM in Nerf Wars

March 3rd through March 11th is me and Carrtoon's spring break here at www.winona.edu Winona State University in southeast Minnesota.

I'm sure we'll both try to make it, I'll find out what his and my spring break plans are and try to get back to you guys soon as possible.

#48944 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by Jangadance on 07 March 2005 - 02:44 AM in General Nerf

No, see that's a choice that I decided against. But I personally wouldn't call someone a vain, attention-seeking, bitch for not eating the flesh of an animal. Thanks again Vacc, buddy! Anyways, they say vegetarians taste better, but they sure smell worse. (methane you know.)

#48562 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by Jangadance on 03 March 2005 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

Pardon me for disagreeing. ;)

Anyways, I don't drink and don't plan on it when I turn 21 this summer.

#48584 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by Jangadance on 03 March 2005 - 04:06 PM in General Nerf

I tried to position my disagreement to Groove's statement that he's still Nerf's most eligible bachelor actually.

Being sober is just a personal choice, like being a vegetarian.

So eat me.

#19473 2004 Nerf Lineup

Posted by Jangadance on 22 February 2004 - 12:07 AM in General Nerf

Apparently, this boy finds great pleasure in recieving foam phalli inserted into his rear, as you can see in this Poof advertisement from the Lanard website. (Poof and Lanard are under the same distributor...)

Poof Blasteroid Ram Rockets
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20886 2004 Nerf Lineup

Posted by Jangadance on 07 March 2004 - 07:27 PM in General Nerf

Also: Hasbro owns j00.

#12454 Matrix Revolutions

Posted by Jangadance on 06 November 2003 - 03:56 PM in Off Topic

A few of the friends I went with were a little frustrated with the ending too. I think that seeing The Animatrix makes a good segway before Revolutions if you haven't seen it yet. The Animatrix provides some deeper insight into the world, and the backstory of the War. Plus, you get to enjoy some sweet anime.

I liked the movie alot, it was thrilling and fun, and I believe it made a good ending to the trilogy.

#12492 Matrix Revolutions

Posted by Jangadance on 06 November 2003 - 09:25 PM in Off Topic

Guys chill out. What did you expect, that the machines would win? This is a Hollywood film and all. The 'enemy' has some victories, but of course the "good guys" are going to win in the end. AlienfromMARS was stupid in saying that, but please, stop rolling on the ground throwing a sissy-fit.

#12933 Matrix Revolutions

Posted by Jangadance on 16 November 2003 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

Katana's don't cut cars in half.

True- Morpheus essentially cut through some of the fiberglass body of the car and then through the rubber tire. It was a badass scene, but I agree that to me it wasn't as good as numerous others. For instance, Luke and Vader's duel was better because of the emotional poignancy. The music there was also quite powerful, the vocal arrangement.

But Morpheus blowing up the car by making it roll over and shooting its belly was pretty fun to watch, anyhow.

#12513 Matrix Revolutions

Posted by Jangadance on 07 November 2003 - 05:11 AM in Off Topic

*** SPOILERS ***

-
-
--
--
---
----
----
-----
-----
------
------
-----
-----
----
----
---
---
--
--
-
-
-
-
--
--
---
----
----
-----
-----
------
------
-----
-----
----
----
---
---
--
--
-
-

First of all, am I the only one who doesn't think that Neo is dead? Maybe it's just my optimism, paired with the fact that the little Indian girl asked "Oracle, do you think we will see Neo again?" and she replied to the affect of, "Yes, I wouldn't doubt it."
-
-
--
--
---
----
----
-----
-----
------
------
-----
-----
----
----
---
---
--
--
-
-
-
-
--
--
---
----
----
-----
-----
------
------
-----
-----
----
----
---
---
--
--
-
-

*** End Spoilers ***
Okay, now to respond do your quote.

There's good sequals and there's bad sequels. Good sequels usually occur when ONE movie is written and split into multiple parts due to time constraints. Bad sequels occur when one good movie is written, and more movies are just added onto it. . . . Reloaded and Revolutions weren't bad movies, but if you don't think you can do any better than the first then why the fuck would you release any more movies? Ah, that's right...money.

Didn't you think it was obvious from the first movie that there was going to be sequels? Perhaps a Trilogy? They had been creating a whole world from the start of things, that is one of the reasons why we like the first Matrix so much, because it had a lot of depth to it. Maybe some people just prefer it to be beneath the surface, but I am the kind of person who likes details. I really enjoyed the Animatrix, and learning about the War that started this whole thing. Neonerfer, did you see that? I thought it made the ending more believable to me.

In any case, I don't think it was just the sort of thing that you are describing, where they wanted to capitalize on the profitability of their creation; the Wachowski brothers had a whole world to explore, and I am glad they turned their vision into film. As for them "not thinking they could do any better than the first"... I don't think that's really an issue. Filmmakers always want to improve upon their own work, and we always want to see a better movie. I'm sorry you didn't think Reloaded and Revolutions were that, I can see how you could like the first Matrix the most. But, holding the ingenuity of an early production (Matrix I) against the quality of the following work is rather ignorant.

Matrix I had the benefit of being the movie in which the idea of the Matrix was introduced. It has the most direct correlation with real life because in it, Neo hasn't been 'woken up' from the Matrix yet... He still lives in a world much like our own. Therefore, it's the easiest to relate to and get emotionally involved in. This is the SAME REASON why I am partial to Star Wars: A New Hope. At the beginning of the movie, Luke is a simple farmboy who wants to get away from it all and find adventure. ANH is where the Force is introduced, and after that (Empire, RoTJ) it could be seen as just a bunch of giant cluttered battlescenes and more "frustrating plot twists" ("I am your father!" / "I am the Architect!" etc.)

Reloaded and Revolutions are Effeminate movies. It's understandable to have the most affinity towards the movie that you first became enamoured with. The thing with Trilogies is that, you have to engage them as a unit. After the success of Star Wars: ANH, I am damn glad that George Lucas decided to follow it up with Empire and Jedi. Same with Matrix and Reloaded/Revolutions. If you liked the first movie, you should be able to enjoy the work that expands upon the world that was introduced in the first. If you haven't seen the new Matrix movies yet, go in with an open mind and just sit back and enjoy.

... I think I would have been happier with just the first Matrix movie....

Well, no one forced you to see Reloaded and Revolutions. I enjoyed all 4 Matrix movies, and the video game is pretty rad also. It has video cutscenes featuring the actors from the Matrix and the plot of Enter the Matrix is intertwined with the Matrix movies. It's really a marvel of creativity and marketing ingenuity.
... and I'm spent.

#32405 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by Jangadance on 27 July 2004 - 03:01 AM in General Nerf

My only question is, when will the "colored FBR" racist jokes start.