skullface44's Content

There have been 120 items by skullface44 (Search limited from 28-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#341340 ontario nerf

Posted by skullface44 on 19 August 2014 - 06:20 PM in Nerf Wars

hello everyone,

I am looking to organize and host a war as soon as possible and i would like to find out who is in my area that would want to play. It will be some where in the general toronto area preferably around mississauga or oakville but i am open do doing it anywhere with in reason. I talked to the guy that owns the place i play airsoft at and he said he will let us play nerf on his field anytime as long as I book ahead. I would rather not do that unless a lot of people want to because it might be expensive for just a few people. Let me know if you are interested in going there and i'll ask how much it would cost. If you want to play, post a reply with a area that works for you and when i get enough response we will all come together and pick a location that is as central as possible to as many people as possible. Once a location is picked i will post dart and blaster regulations as well as directions to the spot. If anyone ends up being close to me i have 3 open spots in my car and a big trunk to fit all our stuff in. Hopefully this can turn into a once a month thing or something like that. look forward to hearing from you!

Update: anyone that wants to come inbox me for details. I will tell you where it is going to be and when.

#341342 Canadian mod materials

Posted by skullface44 on 19 August 2014 - 07:17 PM in Modifications

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that most people that make homemade blasters seem to be getting there raw materials from Mcmaster car. I cant find half of the things they sell in places in canada, online or in a retail store. My question is if there is a Canadian version of Mcmaster? I don't mean if Mcmaster car has a store in canada, i would have just googled that. I mean is there a Canadian store online or otherwise that is a one stop shop like mcmaster is for buying parts for homemade blasters. If there are any places that carry anything from the list below the post i would love to know, even if it s only one thing off the list.

-wye joint
-polycarbonate sheets and tubes
-compression springs
-clear pvc
-petg
-nylon rods

#341362 ontario nerf

Posted by skullface44 on 19 August 2014 - 09:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok sounds good, i need some time to make some more darts too. Mine are getting a little warn out. I have some gun cam videos of the place but they wont do a very good job of showing you the place. Heres the link to his site http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/ there is a lot of nice pics on there. just scroll all the way to the bottom and click continue and that will take you to the home page

#341403 ontario nerf

Posted by skullface44 on 20 August 2014 - 09:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I could lone out a at3k thats rscb and another at3k with petg and rear loading if someone needs a blaster. Also if we get a large number of people that want to play but dont have basters i could try and wip up some pumpsnaps to lone out. All I want is to have a nerf war with a good turn out, hopefully we can all come together and make it work

#341406 Canadian mod materials

Posted by skullface44 on 20 August 2014 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Okay thanks guys, i will look at those web sites. i wish there was a place like mcmaster in canada but i guess i could just pay the extra shipping if they will ship it to me. Since i'm a fng I can do on any selling or trading threads but as soon as i'm aloud ill be buying some pvc and petg off you. Thanks for the offer I will message you about it as soon as i'm aloud.

#341429 ontario nerf

Posted by skullface44 on 21 August 2014 - 09:55 PM in Nerf Wars

So happy there is some interest! if i get at least 10 serious people i'll get a price for the airsoft field. If everyone likes the price I will book it. I am totally cool with playing at a park or a nice spot as well. just for the first time or until we get a solid group of people to play. Hopefully the airsoft place works for everyone though.

#341484 ontario nerf

Posted by skullface44 on 24 August 2014 - 12:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I live in Markham area, if you know where that is...

Markham isnt far at all. i go to school around there. you should come.

#341813 metal free darts

Posted by skullface44 on 07 September 2014 - 11:02 PM in Darts and Barrels

So I found a airsoft bb heavy enough to be used for weighting darts. The bbs are made by madbull and they weigh .48 grams. A finished felt pad slug with beige foam weighs in at .96g, for comparison a #8 washer slug with the same foam and felt pad with about the same amount of hot glue weighs in at 1.3g. The hot glue domes with airsoft bb were 1.05-1.18g compared to single bb domes weighing in at 1.2-1.28g. Although the darts are lighter then normal slugs and domes they flew pretty much the same. Slugs got 67-74 feet out of my rainbow pistol and the domes flew 74-82 feet out of the same blaster. In high powered blasters they did not do as well, range was totally fine but spring blasters with tight barrels spray them all over and make them fish tale, although they did shoot quite well out of a rscb at3k with a petg barrel and a brass barrel and they shot about the same out of a at3k with a petg turret. I don't have any other air blasters but I would assume they would shoot the same as long as the air volume isn't very large and the foam isn't a tight fit in what ever barrel is on the blaster.

I am not saying these darts are better then traditionally made domes and slugs but if metal free is important to you and the people you nerf with these bbs are worth a try,

#341863 metal free darts

Posted by skullface44 on 10 September 2014 - 12:08 PM in Darts and Barrels

The type of darts I made was irrelevant, the whole point of the post was to say that plastic bbs can be used to weight darts. I personally dont about metal vs metal free, if they fly far and straight ill shoot them but I i know for some people mettle free is important. The benefit to using these bbs in slugs or domes is that other then the weight being used everything else is the same, adhesive,pad and process. That being said I made another batch of slugs with felt pads instead of foam pads and 2 bbs inside and they fly the same as my slugs made with washers XD

#342113 G.T.A nerf war

Posted by skullface44 on 21 September 2014 - 11:39 PM in Nerf Wars

hey guys, I found another indoor place that will let us come play nerf, they do dart tag wars for little kids but if we get enough people together they will let us play alone. post here or inbox me if you are interested. I have 3 or 4 blasters I could lone out if anyone needs one. As long as they are treated with care. I also have foam if anyone needs some to make darts with. That airsoft place I mentioned a wile ago in Toronto is still a option as well. If anyone needs a ride that is reasonably close or on the way I can pick you up if your comfortable with that. hope we can get something together, it would be amazing to turn this into a regular event!

#342124 OTTAWA NERF CLUB/WAR

Posted by skullface44 on 22 September 2014 - 09:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I would come. i have been trying to get a war organized in my area but no luck so far. let me know if it happens

#342125 Whats happened with Canada?

Posted by skullface44 on 22 September 2014 - 09:17 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone one wants to have a war or is having a war let me know. I have posted twice to try and get a war going with no luck. I live in mississauga and I know of at least 4 places that would work. they are not busy at all. Most of the time there is no one there. Also there is a airsoft place that is willing to have us come and a place that does dart tag wars for kids said if we get enough people they will let us have the place for a wile. also I have contacted the schools in my area that I used to go to and they said it was ok as long as nothing is broken and we do not leave a mess. My old high school has a football field 2 parking lots, a small area with trees and bushes as well as alot of portables. That would be a grate place to play. There is a park right behind it also. We wont get kicked out, I have played airsoft there before and no one said anything. Yes I am aware that was dumb unsafe and irresponsible. I, like most was young and stupid at one point. There are also 4 other schools within a 15 minute drive of my old high school that would be pretty good to play at as well. If anyone wants to know where they are I can post all the locations. The last place I had in mind is a huge field that is off of the highway. It is far enough away to not be able to hit cars. I play airsoft there sometimes and police have only come twice and both times they where just there to make sure we were being careful had eye ware on and were watching out for others. I am more then wiling to pick anyone up if they need a ride or if the war is some where else car pooling in my car is fine too.

#342135 nerf in ottawa ont

Posted by skullface44 on 24 September 2014 - 02:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I would come, if anyone wants to come up with me thats cool too. would be nice to get 3 people to come with me and we can split gas 4 ways, that would be the cheapest. I have some loaner guns for people too if they need them.

#342136 Hell After Halloween II

Posted by skullface44 on 24 September 2014 - 02:54 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone from ontario is thinking of going inbox me, I'm thinking about doing a road trip. would be nice to get a war in before winter comes. Since the ontario nerf sean seams to have died this might be the one to go to.

#342158 G.T.A nerf war

Posted by skullface44 on 27 September 2014 - 07:29 AM in Nerf Wars

I know this may be a little off topic but what does the G.T.A in the title stand for.

It's ok, a valid question. it means General Toronto Area. to be more specific it means the city of toronto and all the surrounding areas, at least thats always been my understanding of the definition

#342160 nerf in ottawa ont

Posted by skullface44 on 27 September 2014 - 07:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Loner - Nerfer with no friends and/or no local group. See "Draconis".

Loaner - Blaster one is willing to allow another nerfer to use temporarily.

yes that is what I meant to say thanks drac.

#342305 PAS help

Posted by skullface44 on 07 October 2014 - 11:26 PM in Modifications

I have started a pas with raider grip integration mod, everything is going well except the trigger. I can't find a shape that works, I am using 1/4 inch polycarbonate cut with a scroll saw. Does anyone have a template or picture of theirs they could send me? Any tips are welcome as well. Also if anyone has a template for making the priming bar and plunger that would save me a lot of trouble.

#342407 PAS help

Posted by skullface44 on 14 October 2014 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

check out coop772's video on youtube. maybe you can get a little help from him

I looked at one video and it was no help but I found another video of his that is the same mod, it has a clear view of the trigger. The pass is all together and working amazing now it just needs a couple coats of paint and it will be done. Thanks for the reply

#342409 nerf in ottawa ont

Posted by skullface44 on 14 October 2014 - 09:47 PM in Nerf Wars

sorry for not replying for a while but it would be arranged in a gym in river side south Ottawa. Plz reply has soon has possible and I can get a date, wht to bring and all that. Remember to reply

I will make the drive if you organize it, iv been trying to get a war going in my area but there is not much of an interest. If anyone wants to come with me in my car they are more then welcome

#342595 supermaxx 5000

Posted by skullface44 on 28 October 2014 - 10:45 PM in General Nerf

I recently was lucky enough to find a new in box supermaxx 5000, the blaster is totally sealed and the box is in good condition. My question is what is it worth? Im not asking because I have intentions to sell it, I am just curious. If anyone is interested in how much I payed and how I found it, I payed $40cdn and found it on kijji, The guy said he was cleaning his dads garage and found it still rapped up for christmas, it was supposed to be a gift for his son many years ago but it was forgotten about. Since his son is older now and has no interest in nerf he put it on kijji and sold it to me. I also would like to know how much a new in bow supermaxx 3000 v2 would be worth ? I payed $20cdn and got it in literally the exact same way under the same circumstances. I guess the nerf gods like me or something?

#342616 new style RainbowPump Writeup

Posted by skullface44 on 31 October 2014 - 05:20 PM in Homemades

can clear pvc be used for the pump section instead of the petg tube?

#342617 new style RainbowPump Writeup

Posted by skullface44 on 31 October 2014 - 05:39 PM in Homemades

sorry, double post

#342622 Canadian version of Mc master.. well sort of

Posted by skullface44 on 31 October 2014 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

This site does not have as much stuff as mc master does but it definitely carries more then any local hardware or building supply. ( at least any I have been to ). Here is a link to the raw materials section where lots of useful things can be found that are normally un available or very hard to find for most Canadian nerfers. I have just ordered some poly carbonate and assorted plastic rods from them. It ships out of the USA so shipping is more then local shipping. If anyone has a better alternative to this site please feel free to post a reply. Hope this helps

http://www.zorocanad...n=Raw Materials

#342627 Canadian version of Mc master.. well sort of

Posted by skullface44 on 31 October 2014 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

I do use McMaster. The only resin they will ship to me is because I order is threw my families business. McMaster will not ship to Canada unless it is to a business. I posted that web site for anyone in Canada that does not own a business or does not know anyone that owns a business that will order for them. The location of that sites warehouse is closer to the Canadian border then any McMaster warehouse if I'm not mistaken so shipping would be a little less expensive.

#342650 Canadian version of Mc master.. well sort of

Posted by skullface44 on 02 November 2014 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

That site seems to have some good prices but a $30 minimum shipping, not so good. Alternatively, I can get you materials if you like with some shipping cost because Canada is expensive to ship to. Sweet deals

Ok, thanks. When I order from Mcmaster I usually order a lot, it would be pointless for mw to pay shipping on a McMaster order and then again on one from you. The only thing you stiock that I need is the nylon and delrin. thanks for the offer though ill contact you if I'm ever just ordering rods or something else you carry.

#342674 Canadian version of Mc master.. well sort of

Posted by skullface44 on 03 November 2014 - 03:06 PM in Modifications

Just out of curiosity, what are you buying from McMaster that I don't carry?

If you carry more then what is listed on the post linked in your comment this will be wrong. clear pvc 1/2, 1.25 inch. thick wall pvc 1/2 inch. polycarbonate tubes, pvc wye joints, t joints, end caps and bushings, stand offs, petg in multiples sized, brass in multiple sizes, stand offs, felt pads,[k26] springs, delrin rods and square rods ( you might have those I don't remember) trigger springs, catch springs, fbr and skirt seals.

#342697 Canadian version of Mc master.. well sort of

Posted by skullface44 on 04 November 2014 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure if "thinck" Wall PVC is a real thing, but I definitely don't carry it. Also I can get you very cheap K26s and K25s separately. Just PM me.

If you are looking for opaque fittings, except for the much sought-after 1/2" PVC wye, then just check your local hardware store. I can still get you some in your order for cheap if you want. FlexPVC.com sells 1/2" wyes and other odd ball joints and they ship internationally.

I do carry clear 1 1/4" PVC, it runs $40 right now.

I have standoffs, In several sizes. They have been added.

1 3/8" Polycarbonate tube is carried on Amazon.com with Prime shipping for crazy cheap.

I have added catch springs.

ok well thats grate. I didn't memorize your list so a lot of mine was wrong. It really does not make sense for me to order from you and Mc master and pay shipping twice especially when Mc master gave me a quote of $15 for shipping on a 300 dollar order. I know flex pvc sells wyes, but like I said there is no resin to pay shipping more then once if I can just get everything I need from one place. Thanks for the offer, ill let you know if i ever want anything

#342840 new style RainbowPump Writeup

Posted by skullface44 on 12 November 2014 - 05:41 PM in Homemades

Ok thanks. I ended up ordering the petg for it

#342857 G.T.A nerf war

Posted by skullface44 on 13 November 2014 - 11:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I would be interested but I'm still fairly new to nerfing.

thats fine, if you need a blaster you can use one of mine, I know all the spots to get good mod materials in toronto, let me know if you need any help getting anything or with any mods. i also sell blanks if you need darts. All nerfers are welcome. I am trying to get the ontario nerf seen going again

#342940 G.T.A nerf war

Posted by skullface44 on 20 November 2014 - 12:38 AM in Nerf Wars

do you know where I can find some 17/32 brass or PVC?

yes I do. Panther hobbies has brass in all sizes. That is were I get mine. 2580 Wharton Glen Ave, Mississauga, ON L4X 2A9 ‎
(905) 848-0743 ‎ ยท pantherhobbies.com
If you are closer to streets vill there is a bobbie store there that sells it too. ill get you the address if you need it, I don't remember it right now. For pvc I go to home depot. Only some carry it, the one I go to that has it usually is the one on mavis, its pretty much right at Dundas street and Mavis. The one across from sherway gardens mall has pvc too. Canadian tier also has it sometimes, but they are mostly just good for cpvc pipe and fittings. half inch grey electrical conduit will work as well if you have trouble finding pvc, it is available at any hardware store. My favourite pvc is from al's aquarium store on Dundas street just before Cawthraw. They sell it by the foot and it is a dark grey. Don't buy the foam from either of those places though, it is not good at all, the foam I sell is way better quality and is cheeper. If you need to know where to buy ANYTHING else let me know, ill most likely know were to get it or if you need and a dive on what materials to use or how to do anything feel free to pm me.

#342941 red vs tan foam

Posted by skullface44 on 20 November 2014 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

Where is red foam available ?

#342964 White 'Wedding' Foam From China

Posted by skullface44 on 21 November 2014 - 03:04 PM in Darts and Barrels

Lately I've been noticing a bunch of chinese ebay sellers with white FBR that they sell as 'Wedding foam'.
Has anyone had any experience with this stuff? Is it any good?

I ordered some out of curiosity, I was planing to stretch it if it was nice foam. Although the foam is pretty nice it will not stretch at all. But it makes perfect larami darts for supermaxx blasters. I used all of it to make darts for all my larami blasters and they shoot grate out of stock supermaxx blasters.

That company that is selling the green foam doesn't seem to want to answer me, I found that exact site about a month ago and have been emailing them once a week with no response. I sent them a order for 1000 rods in yellow and 1000 in red and they didn't even answer that. They didn't take my money or anything, they just didn't answer the order email.

#343016 I May Have Found The Haven A Source

Posted by skullface44 on 23 November 2014 - 01:47 PM in Darts and Barrels

No I Found a different place. But if that place works out I will go see if the foam is good. I live close to the factory. I'll email them and see if they will let me drip by. I'll take se pics and buy a small amount to test if they let me and Ilol post my findings

#343020 I May Have Found The Haven A Source

Posted by skullface44 on 23 November 2014 - 04:24 PM in Darts and Barrels

That'd be sweet. It'd be nice to know the quality before anybody makes a big order.

I'll let you know what happends. I'll try to go soon on my next day off

#343021 I'm making foam

Posted by skullface44 on 23 November 2014 - 04:34 PM in Darts and Barrels

The closest thing I have found to the blue foam is the black buzz bee foam, and like I stated in our last pm "as for the foam this summer when I am out of school and there is less swim practice and if every one hasnt quite nerf by then I will tell all my secrets and have lots of foam for sale".

Can't you tell all your secrets now? :D

#343270 ultra match blasters

Posted by skullface44 on 02 December 2014 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

I stumbled upon a couple of youtube videos and blog pages about this R type ultra match blaster as well as the "bird or prey". After a lot of reading and watching I am very compelled to make one due to the rage claims of 140- 200 feet. This sounded ridiculous to me at first but I found a page selling these blasters as well as a pretty convincing range test video. I am currently in the middle of making two of these out of the blasters used in the videos I found. If anyone knows what I'm talking about or has made one of these before and has some tips on the mod please let me know or If this is all just bs and I'm wasting my time let me know.

For anyone that does not know what I am talking about and is curious, the general idea is to make a high powered fairly accurate blaster based off of a night finder type blaster, usually a fire strike or a pink crush.

#343288 ultra match blasters

Posted by skullface44 on 03 December 2014 - 12:05 PM in Modifications

I'm assuming your talking about Chris Cartaya's modded blasters.
A couple months ago there was a controversy towards his range testing methods and it eventually came to the fact that he wasn't using stefans as well as breeze/angle.
He mods his blasters well, and they do shoot above 70 feet consistently with stefans and they are pretty accurate.

These "R type ultra match blasters" aren't anything new or special, they're just modifications of existing nerf blasters (albeit with a high spring load and comprehensive mods.) I've handled them and have been shot by them and really aren't anything new to what the community has been doing for a while. They can be compared to a nicely modified nightfinder.

An aside: Your post quality is pretty poor. You don't link to an actual video nor do you present any new or interesting ideas. Furthermore it looks like you spent about half a second on your title, which doesn't really describe what you found.

Yes he is one of the people I was reading about. That makes sense, too bad they don't live up to what he says they are. Oh well, I'm more of a homemade blaster guy anyways. Ill just stick to my rainbow pistole

I am aware that they are just modifications of existing blasters.

Thank you for answering my question, I appreciate the response as well as the constructive criticism. I will keep what you said in mind next time I post.

#343365 Silicone dome interest

Posted by skullface44 on 08 December 2014 - 12:07 AM in Off Topic

So, basically i wanted to gauge interest in becoming a silicone tip maker and distributer around the forums. Would anyone find a person who could produce a large number of tips and ship them out to be useful? I made a mold, and i need some funding to buy myself some new tools. Feedback and comments welcome!

just to clarify are these tips like the ones sold by xplorer and pac D ? http://www.xplorersg...1_11521172.aspx or they just normal silicone domes that can be easily made by anyone with silicone from a hardware store and a dome mold from mha ?

#343475 Looking For 3B Modding Expert

Posted by skullface44 on 12 December 2014 - 05:41 PM in Modifications

i am looking for someone with a lot of experience modding the 3B.

I would like to make this gun my primary and maximize and squeeze as much range as possible from the 3B.

Links to relevant threads would be appreciated.

Lots of mods can be found in the modification section of the forums, check out the modifications directory. My recommendation is to coupler it, then do the draw extinction from the link I posted then integrate a tank of some kind ( I used a at2k tank) onto the front grip and then put your pump on top. tank is fired with a key ring. That is how I did mine, I also did another one with the same mods plus a big salvo tank in each of the arrow holders, those are fired via a blast button close to the trigger of the bbb. Hope that helps

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=25537

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=22415

There is a lot of mods for the bob, just look around.

#343591 Whats happened with Canada?

Posted by skullface44 on 17 December 2014 - 01:07 AM in Nerf Wars

I would want to get a war going with you because I live only 20 mins away from Missisauga (I'm in Oakville) but on one condition: there are no age minimums because I'm quite young.

grate! like I said I have more then enough blasters to go around and enough foam for everyone as well. just get your parent or guardian to drop you off and sine a waver to relieve everyone involved any legal responsibly if you get hurt. Don't let that scare you away, you will most likely not get hurt, it is just for worst case scenario situations, i don't feel like getting sued by someones emotional parents. If I ever get enough people to have a war everyone will sine one, so don't feel singed out because you are younger. I have been trying to get a war going for this month but finding a indoor space has been very difficult so we might have to wait until the weather is nice. I will be posting all the information about the war in april soon so people will have a chance to get ready.