White 'Wedding' Foam From China

Is it any good?

12 replies to this topic

#1 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

Lately I've been noticing a bunch of chinese ebay sellers with white FBR that they sell as 'Wedding foam'.
Has anyone had any experience with this stuff? Is it any good?

Edited by SolarFusion, 20 November 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#2 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

Lately I've been noticing a bunch of chinese ebay sellers with white FBR that they sell as 'Wedding foam'.

I have also seen this on ebay, but I have never tried it because I was not sure of the size.

#3 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

yeah, they claim to sell in many different sizes but...the lack of information on quality and diameter consistencies worry me a bit.

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

If you guys are talking about this stuff, then it should be obvious that we don't use 15mm diameter.If you find a listing for 12mm or 13mm, that might work. 19mm would also be great for MEGA/Jumbo size darts.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:37 PM

POPULAR

If you guys are talking about this stuff, then it should be obvious that we don't use 15mm diameter.If you find a listing for 12mm or 13mm, that might work. 19mm would also be great for MEGA/Jumbo size darts.

Oh, I just did a search to and you're right, there's only 15mm right now. A while back I saw 1/2", 3/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1 1/4", and 1 1/2" sizes. They're gone now. Hmm...

#6 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:38 PM

Oh, I just did a search to and you're right, there's only 15mm right now. A while back I saw 1/2", 3/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1 1/4", and 1 1/2" sizes. They're gone now. Hmm...

Ya that's what I thought, but that sucks

#7 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

Speaking of 12mm or 13mm FBR, I was surfing the internet and I came across this Green FBR. I don't know much about it... and I won't be able to buy it anytime soon to see it's quality, so if one of you guys want to go check it out, go for it. just give me some feedback on the stuff because I am planning on buying some.

I know. I was just busting your Muttonchops. It's just what I do.

#8 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:18 PM

Speaking of 12mm or 13mm FBR, I was surfing the internet and I came across this Green FBR. I don't know much about it... and I won't be able to buy it anytime soon to see it's quality, so if one of you guys want to go check it out, go for it. just give me some feedback on the stuff because I am planning on buying some.

Ha! I saw the same stuff Wednesday! I do like how they package and ship it in strands instead of on a roll. I imagine that would skip the pre-strethcing I had to do with the Hot Rod foam. They also have pink. I'm quite curious to know if it's the same manufacturer Kane (if i'm remembering correctly) gets his foam from. If it's anything like the pink in density and size, Neon green would be 'friggan tempting!
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#9 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

I ordered some out of curiosity, I was planing to stretch it if it was nice foam. Although the foam is pretty nice it will not stretch at all. But it makes perfect larami darts for supermaxx blasters. I used all of it to make darts for all my larami blasters and they shoot grate out of stock supermaxx blasters.

That company that is selling the green foam doesn't seem to want to answer me, I found that exact site about a month ago and have been emailing them once a week with no response. I sent them a order for 1000 rods in yellow and 1000 in red and they didn't even answer that. They didn't take my money or anything, they just didn't answer the order email.

#10 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Ok, everyone, I've been commenting on a lot of foam threads recently, but I need to say this. I found the website that is selling that green foam about two years ago. I had a successful order with the a long time ago and got pink foam. I sold that pink foam and it got good feedback. However, I tried ordering again, this time blue and it did not work out that well. I recommend taking a look at this thread here for further understanding of the whole situation. In the end though, I lost a lot of money from ordering from them because they either scammed me or got hacked. When trying to tell the company that they could possible have been hacked, I got no response, after having them respond to me very promptly for a long time. Please don't order from them unless you are willing to risk losing $1000+ on foam (there is a minimum order quantity).

And no, this is not where Kane got his foam, though he did say he got it from a similar place. He also can tell you how risky ordering from China is. He lucked out though and nothing bad happened to him.

I know that people really want good and colorful foam, but it is hard to get. I am trying to look for suppliers in the U.S. that will make foam, but it is hard to do.
Check out my blog: Fly Nerf

#11 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

That green stuff is like what drev was getting.

#12 F man 47

F man 47

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

I have seen some of this foam here in my local hardwares shops in Hong Kong, they are used like FBR. The foam is quite dense and does come in 12mm sizes, but is very squishy and when pressed may not return beck to the same size. I use this for my darts because it is the only option i have but it is generally not very good.

#13 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:57 AM

I have seen some of this foam here in my local hardwares shops in Hong Kong, they are used like FBR. The foam is quite dense and does come in 12mm sizes, but is very squishy and when pressed may not return beck to the same size. I use this for my darts because it is the only option i have but it is generally not very good.

Alright, good to know. Probably not what I want then. Thanks. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users