An idea, wanted to gauge interest

5 replies to this topic

#1 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • State:Michigan

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:00 AM

So, basically i wanted to gauge interest in becoming a silicone tip maker and distributer around the forums. Would anyone find a person who could produce a large number of tips and ship them out to be useful? I made a mold, and i need some funding to buy myself some new tools. Feedback and comments welcome!
Please visit my youtube:
https://www.youtube....d61VYhVvhEfeqGA

#2 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:01 AM

So, basically i wanted to gauge interest in becoming a silicone tip maker and distributer around the forums. Would anyone find a person who could produce a large number of tips and ship them out to be useful? I made a mold, and i need some funding to buy myself some new tools. Feedback and comments welcome!

I think with the price of silicone per dome being very cheap and that it is so easy to make domes that there wont be alot of interest.

#3 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

I mean, I make my domes 500 at a time, and honestly, its not more than 45 minutes of work total, so I don't know how much profit you expect to be making selling those domes. I'm sure there are a SMALL few who do not make silicone domed darts because they do not have a mold, but unless your domes were insanely cheap, I imagine that people would be better off just buying a mold or two.
I hung out with Ice Nine once, and he thought I was pretty cool.
How to make Silicone Domes

#4 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Ontario

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:07 AM

just to clarify are these tips like the ones sold by xplorer and pac D ? http://www.xplorersg...1_11521172.aspx or they just normal silicone domes that can be easily made by anyone with silicone from a hardware store and a dome mold from mha ?

#5 XCS2

XCS2

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:42 AM

Silicone darts can be very easy to make, and the molds are very affordable. I don't see why people would want to pay someone money to make darts that are already easy to make.

#6 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:24 AM

Silicone darts can be very easy to make, and the molds are very affordable. I don't see why people would want to pay someone money to make darts that are already easy to make.

Time. Time is the reason people buy darts. Even if the darts are easy enough to make, there are multiple steps, which all take time. This isn't a huge problem if you feel you only need 200 darts, but many of us prefer to do less picking up of darts mid war, so the more darts the more enjoyable the war can be.
I hung out with Ice Nine once, and he thought I was pretty cool.
How to make Silicone Domes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users