Muttonchops's Content

There have been 132 items by Muttonchops (Search limited from 28-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#245384 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Muttonchops on 03 August 2009 - 10:09 PM in Modifications

To those who were not at APOC, I present to you, the MANTARM

Posted Image

Its simply a manta shell on top of a functioning strongarm. Yes, it is fugly as hell. No, its not a clean integration. I still plan on adding hornet tanks to it and using the blast button as an "Oh Shit" button. Its easy to open up and continue to work on. It works. It mounts onto my arm with velcro and a healthy amount of e-tape.

#221994 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Muttonchops on 06 April 2009 - 03:19 PM in Darts and Barrels

Beaver;

For Liquid nails, both the caulk-gun and regular squeeze tubes let you control how much comes out and can be cut to preference, so I don't see what is causing the problem. If more control is needed, two options include hookah condoms and plastic bags.
Hookah condoms are useful because they are made of hard plastic and fit directly over the nozzle of the applicator and will give you a small delivery. If you dont have the resources to get them, a plastic sandwich bag works well. Just snip off a corner, throw it over and applicator and POOF, you have something with a lot more precision then you would have otherwise.

-Deamonn

#189069 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Muttonchops on 11 November 2008 - 03:59 PM in General Nerf

I am just starting to work on my collection, and thus I do not have much.

Nitefinder x1

Recon x1

AT2K x1

All have been modified, and I plan on getting a BBB within the next two days

#245225 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Muttonchops on 02 August 2009 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Im going to confirm with everyone else and say that was a fun war overall. Personally, I had just as much fun talking to different people and watching how they nerfed.

Some simple highlights:

Strongarm-Manta performed well.
--Favorite three blocks: Chimera, 4b, Doomsayer
Forest stage was awesome
People laughed when I said the recon was my primary, then it proceeded to get kills
Sneaking in the forest/wood
The barrel tap to end all barrel taps.
--Note, its supposed to be a TAP, not a fucking falcon punch to the face with a coupler
--I did try to dodge under the tap by sliding, and I really harbor no ill will. If I hadn't moved, it would have hit my chest, so its all good.
Relaxing at the end of the day after parents left. Did you see the pirate ship?
Being the newest member to the LGLF

It was good meeting you guys collectively, this next year I am going to try and get in more traveling to nerf outside the PA/NJ area.

-'Chops

EDIT: Quick additional highlight I remembered: After getting off the ground blood pouring out of my head, I ran up and rushed a group of three kids holding a pair of benches. I got through, nailed one with the recon, and chased down a second. He looked behind him at me, and in horror just started screaming "I TAKE THE HIT!! I TAKE THE HIT!!" If you were one of those kids, I apologize for scaring the living shit out of you.

#236446 Raider Preview

Posted by Muttonchops on 15 June 2009 - 02:19 PM in General Nerf

How Heavy is the drum mag? Is it well constructed? I was originally consitering using the drum but it looks like it will be too unwieldy. Not to mention the drum mag would be the same size as a Recon.

#282464 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Muttonchops on 08 August 2010 - 11:53 AM in Nerf Wars

Very enjoyable war all around.

-Two day war prep with Jlego
-Split shooting me in the eye with one of my own darts
-1am visit to IHOP
-Staying up until 5am Saturday morning chilling with Jlego and Langley
-Being late to APOC because of said 5am drinking spree
-Finally meeting the U3 in person
-Buying some darts from RyanMcNumbers at the war, Jesus those things are awesome
-Keeping the tradition alive: getting injured by two taps
---First was a big blast gouging out a chunk of my knuckle
---Second was a wasp. Fuck bees.
-Holy crap! Chops has range! Xbow performing fantastically. Split did a beautiful job on his internals
-People being frightened of said xbow
-Choppa!
-Somehow being against Gears almost every single round
-Shooting the shit with FA, Famine, Wave, k10, Crooked, Tank, OMC
-Worst round of the day was using Angel's glasses. Naturally. Must be some Canadian voodoo magic
-LGLF Team xbow: Myself, Jlego and Langley
-Last round of the day was my best: One life left, made 7-8 hits and held off the Canadian Invasion.
-Magic last shot of the last round: last dart, straight shot to Pearson's stomach at 20 feet
-Stupid silly pseudo-round at the end of the when I was cracked out from lack of lunch
-Tons of fun rounds with FA and Jlego, charging through the trees
---I think I was only on FAs team once all day, and only not on Jlegos team once all day. Good times
-Losing my phone, and then British chick finding it again.
-The pirate ship returned.
-Fucking around with Angel and crew at the end of the war
-Mecha Shiva!
-Blastfire and Furyfire from TED

#247434 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Muttonchops on 17 August 2009 - 10:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Does renting this pavilion also grant us access to a BBQ? If so, why not make it 5 bucks a person, and use the additional cash to buy charcoal, burgers, hot dogs and gallon jugs of water. It would be cheaper then bouncing for lunch and keep the group together. Yeah, a little extra work, but no real time would be lost considering commute time to and from a fast food place.

#246741 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Muttonchops on 12 August 2009 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I said I would be trying to make more Out of state wars, and I wasn't kidding. If the war is on the 17th, I will be in attendance. If not, then I'm shit out of luck, rugby games every other week.

-Chops

#188317 Pa War

Posted by Muttonchops on 08 November 2008 - 08:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Overall, that was a solid first war for me. The mutton chops rocked, and the Recon performed surprisingly well in the pistols-only rounds.

That and taking apart Spartan and Zach when they tried to flank me and somehow missed every shot

Enjoyed it, and look to see the loser rifle at the next war

#215124 March Meltdown

Posted by Muttonchops on 26 February 2009 - 02:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Mark me down as attending. I may have to poon out around 4ish, but I plan on being there.

#216880 March Meltdown

Posted by Muttonchops on 08 March 2009 - 02:06 AM in Nerf Wars

It was an quite awesome war, the 'zombie amendment' worked really well.

If you are not bleeding or injured by the end of the day, you didn't play hard enough.

Seriously, this war proved what a great hobby this is. People weren't dicks, we civilly changed rules as a whole to keep games flowing, and the woods and clearing meant people could play to their individual styles. Today was a prime example why I feel no shame telling my friends "Nah, I can't hang out today, I'm going to a park to shoot nerf guns with a bunch of other grown men."

I got shot point blank in the face by Talio with a titan missile, breaking my glasses. You know what? Even that kicked as much ass as a bathtub full of tits.

There were no problems with asshatery, games stayed fast paced and fun, and I chugged a 32 ounce monster. The day was awesome. I don't know if future wars can compete, but i'll be damned sure to try.

'Chopsicle

#216492 March Meltdown

Posted by Muttonchops on 05 March 2009 - 05:49 PM in Nerf Wars

If it rains, you get better diving shots. My pants looked like I had shat myself after the PA war 1 while trying to dodge the plus bows (I failed).

Finally, I found a bunch of pretty heavy duty springs in my basement, about the same size as NF springs and about the strength of a BBB spring, a bit more. As I drunkenly found out that they BBB cannot handle both springs, I'll be bringing them to the war if anyone is interested in them.

EDIT: The springs I have are about 3/4 of an inch longer then NF springs, but still about the same diameter.
I dont need darts anymore, but if anyone has a gun using OMC PETG would they let me know? The darts I made are a hair too small for the PETG I had, which I thought had the same dimensions. Thanks.

-Deamonn

#215156 March Meltdown

Posted by Muttonchops on 26 February 2009 - 04:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I believe it is a variant of the beverage consumed by astronauts.

That is exactly what it means, assuming our brave space men are in orbit eating out orange-flavored vagina.

#216634 March Meltdown

Posted by Muttonchops on 06 March 2009 - 02:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I think all that Talio is trying to say, and all his previous rules, can be summed up in one simple sentence:

Don't Be a Dick.

There, all rule squabbling solved. Now shut up and I'll see you all tomorrow.

-Deamonn

#311812 DCNF 3

Posted by Muttonchops on 25 February 2012 - 01:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Just read the rules and regulations, no boozahol? Fuck this shit.

#315545 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Muttonchops on 11 May 2012 - 09:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Dicks Dicks Dicks Dicks

Dicks Dicks Dicks Truthfully, if I was to be entirely reasonable, I would also ban ammunition with metal and hard plastic, but I do understand that no one (other than myself and maybe 4 people) has ever bothered to make hopperable ammo safe. So I'm already going beyond my comfort zone to accommodate the ruinous bullshit that the online nerf community takes for granted. Uberdicks Bullshit Dicks Dicks Dicks Dicks Dicks

Gobble Gobble Gobble (And I'm not making turkey sounds people)

Sorry guys, I wont be able to make it, hope everyone has a fun and safe war!

#192206 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Muttonchops on 27 November 2008 - 09:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Howdy all;

Ill be making the war this weekend along with one of my friends. Transportation still needs to be finalized (whose car we are gonna drive down) but we shall be there.

#192718 Thanksgiving War At The Shore

Posted by Muttonchops on 29 November 2008 - 11:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Yes, I'm a bitch, and deserve bitch status.

My ride bailed on me at 2am last night, so that left me in upper Jersey sans car. I've been trying for the past couple hours to secure a ride, but to no avail.

#291907 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Muttonchops on 31 December 2010 - 10:27 AM in Modifications

GEARS APPROVES!

Where and when has Gears said he approved? Thats not an homage, its a blatant rip-off of his signature gun, and the 'paint' looks like you just poured turpentine over an old paint job, got bored, and called it a day. Unless he actually said he approves, don't post that shit.

Posted Image

Name None. Its a crossbow
Level Over 9000
Extra Shit None.
Comments A retooled version of the lovely one shown Here. Still custom split-made, so loads better then the dollar store knock-off internals you kids are showing off. Ranges? Comparable to a +bow. This and Ellen (and you Dex Dwarves, I haven't forgotten you) are likely the two strongest crossbows in the NIC, and don't you fucking forget it.

#265129 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Muttonchops on 12 February 2010 - 03:37 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Name: Who Cares
Mods Done: Level over 9000, Custom Made
Integrations: Nope
Comments: This was custom made for me by Split. Custom plunger tube, plunger head, priming handle, spring. Catch and trigger made by drac and modified by myself. Ranges? Who cares. It fires far and it fires fast. Possibly more potential energy then a +bow. Shell is still pristine, a single mark at the front where the barrel is. Stickers are pretty.

#218408 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by Muttonchops on 17 March 2009 - 09:10 AM in Nerf Wars

May 30th seems like a good day. Those of us still in college will be taking finals on the 2nd and 9th of May, and Memorial day weekend is the 23rd. There already seem to be a bunch of big wars a happenin' in June.

-Deamonn

#318129 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by Muttonchops on 07 July 2012 - 10:53 AM in Nerf Wars

I guess its obvious, but I'll be in attendance. Taquito, if you bring that fucking shopping kart again, I am throwing you while in it.

#240727 Bsa

Posted by Muttonchops on 07 July 2009 - 08:50 PM in Off Topic

Going to be too late for a response, but learn everything you can there. Its an amazing experience.

This goes out to all you younger scouts who are on the fence of going to a summer camp: Do it. During a week of scouting you will learn more then a year back at your home troop. Boo Hoo, you miss your TV shows and computer games. Go catch a fish, cook a fire, and eat it. Thats something you wont forget.

-Muttonchops
Eagle Scout, Troop 77

#234783 Supernova

Posted by Muttonchops on 07 June 2009 - 10:17 AM in Nerf Wars

I just moved some bits of my schedule around; looks like I shall be attending. See you then.

-Muttonchops

#217443 Supernova

Posted by Muttonchops on 11 March 2009 - 11:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow, planning pretty far in advance. Assuming Im not in Oregon, im game.

-Deamonn

#239953 Pa War

Posted by Muttonchops on 03 July 2009 - 11:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Hoo rah. Ill be there

#242623 Pa War

Posted by Muttonchops on 18 July 2009 - 11:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Mind you, I am quite drunk; so its a solid end to a war if I ever knew any.

Highlights:
Recon doing well in the last couple rounds of the day
trying to record a couple rounds with my webcam - it ended poorly
Actually hitting something with the Big Blast
The goddamn +bow and RSCB
"ha, you just got shot with a recon." "SON OF A BITCH"
Motherfucking gay fish
Stefan Blank Pillow

Good war overall, though it was much larger then I anticipated. In the end it worked out, and thats all that matters. See you all at APOC.

#340988 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by Muttonchops on 04 August 2014 - 07:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Apoc. Fuck yeah.

#242073 Pa War

Posted by Muttonchops on 15 July 2009 - 02:41 PM in Nerf Wars

As I said on IRC, I will be driving past several r5 stations Saturday morning. If you didn't know, the r5 travels right along Lancaster Ave, which our little war site is a little ways off. If somebody is coming in and needs a ride from the train, let me know and I shall pick you up. The easiest station for me to get people would be the Bryn Mawr station, if it helps any.

PM me if you want Muttonchops shuttle service. One train gets in at 9:09, and the other at 10:09. I would prefer to pick people up and head out after the 9:09; that means we can all get to the war on time.

-Muttonchops

#256079 Fall Dcno

Posted by Muttonchops on 12 November 2009 - 10:33 AM in Nerf Wars

C'mon, this is Nerf, not fucking softball. To hell with 'adverse field conditions.' Pack an extra pair of clothes for the damp car ride, you'd prob shit yourself with how awesome the day would be anyway.

#250493 Fall Dcno

Posted by Muttonchops on 15 September 2009 - 09:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Either November date works for me, though the 14th is the one I can commit to easiest, there is a chance I will have rugby playoffs on the 7th. Either way, hoping I can make it to my first DCNO as part of the LGLF

EDIT:
DAMNIT SPLIT! So help me God, I will drink a liter of Admiral Nelson on the car ride down there one way or another.

#291876 Grid Code 2

Posted by Muttonchops on 30 December 2010 - 10:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Fuck yeah.

Checked my schedule, can pretty much make any of these days, really.

#344036 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by Muttonchops on 07 January 2015 - 09:59 PM in Nerf Wars

There is a reasonable chance I can make this. I need to confirm with the other half there are no plans this weekend, and I'll be in contact with the other Philly nerfers for carpooling.

#293288 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by Muttonchops on 24 January 2011 - 01:28 PM in Nerf Wars

The 19th is doable for me as well, as long as no new shit crops up.

#287175 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by Muttonchops on 19 October 2010 - 12:09 PM in Nerf Wars

OH SHIT!

Looks like I will be in attendance, I made a deal with my professor to make up the field trip the following week.

LGLF INVADE CANUKISTAN

#287220 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by Muttonchops on 20 October 2010 - 08:09 AM in Nerf Wars

-The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, field-trip-ditchingest, nerf clan in North America

First of all, Beer-Drinkingest still belongs up there. Second, I feel like we are going to have to have to add something along the lines of "Nice-thing-not-havingest" after this trip. Either way, fuck yeah. The xbow is tuned and and rearing to go.

#287539 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by Muttonchops on 26 October 2010 - 01:45 PM in Nerf Wars

After three days of recovery, I think its time to post up my highlights. The important thing is, my highlights aren't just of the war. They are of four days of absolute absurdity and awesomeness with some of the East Coast's best nerfers. Fuck yeah.

As the biggest highlight of the entire weekend, I would like to thank Langley for driving a collective 24 hours over four days to see us safely to and from Canadia. This trip wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for you, so for that, thank you.

-Avoiding the GWB
-Te Quiero Puta!
-Homemade ginger booze
-I WILL HIT YOUR BABY WITH A BRICK
-Gears being inducted into the LGLF
-Jlego yelling at me for drinking most of his rum
-Slaughter, you used unnecessary force!
-Leaving gears in the car when we bought booze
-Holy shit, Saranac makes root beer
-"Dude, my head is swimming"
-Showing off the nerf gun's to civilians, and them being frightened
-Waking up at 6:30am Saturday morning to a creepy foot massage
-CAWKS! CAWKS! CAWKS!
-Hot Boarder Patrol Chick
-Said boarder patrol chick searching our car
-Fucking Canada
------Seriously, everything has a maple leaf on it
-Rolling up to the war and being greeted by Crooks
-First hit of the day, big blast at point black to the arm
------Won me a recon at the end of the day
-Brutal hand shot on FA
-Terrible, Terrible jaw shot
-Langley just picking off people with the choppered snap
-Got hit in the head ALOT during the defending portion of tower... Fuck big blasts
-Some kid had just the front of his gun sticking out from behind a tree with two fingers showing, dead shot
-Darts being gay cause of the Canadian cold
------Pearson being awesome and just giving us his extras
-Monster Mash was turbo sweet
------LGLF was all together for the first time this round, holy shit did we kick ass
-There were a lot of big blasts, but holy shit there were a lot of big blasts
-I started to crack out during 360core, seriously sorry to whoever I was an asshat to
-Getting picked in 360core so I would stop shooting the captain
-'Merica!
-Mars, Bringer of War
-Final wingman round
------Awesome partner. Tankrat, that shit was pro
------Awesome finish. Me vs. Gears and Jlego. Time ran out before we got out, but they had me
-Packing up at the end of the day, relaxed talking to everyone
-Dinner at Symphony
------Damn those home fries were good
-Afterparty
-"Ok, now do a powerclip!"
------SqueekaSqueekaSqueeka PLAPLAPLAPLAP
-Shiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt
-Cocacola Shisa is magical
-Awesome Boarder Patrol dude on the way back
-"Moist like Cake"

Seriously, This was prob my favorite war of the year. I need to thank the Canadians for making sure that we felt welcome.
Also, thanks goes out to:
-Langley again for driving, paying for gas and tolls, arranging for lodging, and generally being awesome.
-Jlego for opening up his house to us Thursday night
-Gears for constantly keeping us in high spirits, and for calling people "Wienerheads"
-Forsaken_Angel for inviting us to the war in the first place, hosting it, keeping the gametypes fresh, and relaxing with us afterwards
-K10 for being a co-host, keeping shit in order between rounds, and for providing awesome Spanish commentary after dinner.
-Tankrat. Seriously dude, fuckin' A. Super sweet wingman partner, and an awesome guy to boot.
-Crooked for being Crooked, having the funniest, stupidest shit to say and do, all the while looking classy as shit.
-Pearson for taking a jaw shot like a champ, just casually giving us his darts when the cold weather sabotaged ours, and still showing up that night.

A phenomenal time all around, and I would suggest that if any Americans have the ability to come up to one of these wars, you do so with all due haste.

#296579 March Meltdown '11

Posted by Muttonchops on 25 March 2011 - 11:30 AM in Nerf Wars

Chops and Grz checking in, we can do either war site

#294566 March Meltdown '11

Posted by Muttonchops on 16 February 2011 - 10:02 AM in Nerf Wars

The 12th is pretty much a def no for me, and the 5th is just about as bad. 19th or 26th should work.

#311355 Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Posted by Muttonchops on 17 February 2012 - 10:43 AM in Nerf Wars

I really wanted to post the "Mars, bringer of war" link here, but if we have new people attending, I don't want to give them false impressions.

Just a note that I will be there, and singing it the entire way up, and plan on spending the day with the pistol splat, the recon, and at least one flask.

That is all.