Ragornocks's Content

There have been 369 items by Ragornocks (Search limited from 29-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#14924 Your Set

Posted by Ragornocks on 23 December 2003 - 09:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Pishaw, all I've gotten now is my LnL and TTG. I'm waiting for my Ebay shipment to come in, I'll update within the next few days.

#27702 Yeeeeah Bitch!

Posted by Ragornocks on 04 June 2004 - 08:42 AM in News

It's 11:59 here on the left coast and I just finished my OS project and granted access to my prof 3 minutes before the 23:55 deadline

Congrats!

I love stealing thoughts and ideas, especially the ones that are legal to steal...

#10485 X-stream Maxshot

Posted by Ragornocks on 26 September 2003 - 09:46 PM in General Nerf

And yet your name suggests that brass is not the best material...

Some people in this world confuse me to the point of insanity.

#26470 Wrist Blitzer Mod

Posted by Ragornocks on 18 May 2004 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

Here is yet another mod I've done. Don't laugh, it turned out pretty good. I'm still trying to decide where to put it, though...I can mount it almost anywhere.

#32957 Would You Buy Watermelon Pink 1/2" FBR?

Posted by Ragornocks on 02 August 2004 - 09:45 PM in General Nerf

Pink foam: The most trick new thing since the stefan.

#13160 Why Do You Nerf?

Posted by Ragornocks on 23 November 2003 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

...Why not?

Heh...Exactly.

#33979 Who Are All These Visiters?

Posted by Ragornocks on 14 August 2004 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

Well, it just means that there are more people that Nerf than you think.

#6108 What The Fudgenuckle

Posted by Ragornocks on 27 June 2003 - 12:57 PM in Off Topic

Either way we, the consumer, get screwed.

As always. Name a time when the friggin owners of companies decided to be generous and give the consumers what they wanted.

#7551 What Size Brass?

Posted by Ragornocks on 31 July 2003 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

They're near the balsa wood a good deal of the time. It is in racks full of it and other metals.

#9483 What Are You Going To Be For Halloween?

Posted by Ragornocks on 09 September 2003 - 02:48 PM in Off Topic

I'm sure that could be arranged.

#6039 Wha..? Ff8.

Posted by Ragornocks on 25 June 2003 - 10:30 PM in Homemades

What, does it look like a dildo or something?

#5896 Wha..? Ff8.

Posted by Ragornocks on 21 June 2003 - 09:29 PM in Homemades

This is kinda old for you NHQ people...

Homemade

Enjoy.

#25358 Were To Get A Petg

Posted by Ragornocks on 02 May 2004 - 07:31 AM in Modifications

PETG is a barrel replacment material often used in place of 9/16" Brass. It fits micro stefans very well, is light, and clear. Also, the outer diameter is much smaller than that of PVC, meaning it can be used to replace most stock Nerf barrel quite easily.

IronRhino sells if for the prices listed above, and does easy, fast, clean transactions.

Speaking of that, how much do you have left, IR? I might pick up a few more feet soon.

#11842 Webcomics

Posted by Ragornocks on 24 October 2003 - 06:03 PM in Off Topic

Not one link to 8-Bit. I'm dissapointed.

#84018 Vans And And 1 With Magstrikes.

Posted by Ragornocks on 29 June 2006 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

I was at the venue in Raliegh. Hasbro was present, though they didn't have any Nerf blasters out...it was raining for like half the day, so instead they just decided to futiley soak people. Turns out that angsty teenagers who are already soaking wet really don't care if you squirt them any more. I meant to ask one of the reps there about Nerf stuff but I was having too much fun raining doom onto the people who walked past the tent.

Also, hippies are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. If one ever drops his hat, promptly return it to him and you will be rewarded most...graciously, if you catch my drift.

EDIT: Anyone who tells you that Mountain Dew is present, a la the pictures, is a dirty liar. However, the nice girls at the Monster truck were kind enough to present me with all of the Monster I could drink, free of charge. I should have asked one to marry me.

#81069 Valve Question

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 May 2006 - 05:53 PM in Homemades

1. Most likely; I know the Rainbird ones do.

2. Yes.

#13572 Valve Blown

Posted by Ragornocks on 02 December 2003 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

Unless I'm wrong, here is the problem:

While overpumping, the spring behind the valve was misaligned/weakened. So, now, the valve and pin are not closing over the front of the tank right, and air is coming right out, currently with a strong scent of WD-40.

The pump and tank both are fine, it's the pin and valve that are messed up. If I pop the tank in half, can I reasemble it without any problem? This is probably going to be my task, since I doubt I can screw it up any worse. If so, it doesn't matter but so much. It costed me near nothing anyways. It's replacable. I'll get into the air tank tonight, I'll report my findings tommorow, or later tonight.

EDIT: I think I found something. When I push on the back of the pin while pumping, it holds air. I guess I was right about the valve spring being messed up. So, as long as I have force from the back, it will work. I think a spring back there will work, that's my new project. Thanks for the help, everybody. After enough poking around looking for all of the possibilities you all mentioned, I found it.

EDIT, Again: My fix is only temporary. Does anyone know if you can put an air tank back together after popping it in half? That's the only way I think I'm going to be able to permanantly make this gun useable.

#13515 Valve Blown

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 December 2003 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

I know this is a simple question, and I really screwed up. Can I fix the valve on my 5K? I sat down, modded it, and pumped it for the first modded shot, and realized that I had overpumped it. I shot, and the dart flew out. I liked it. Now, the tank doesn't hold air, when I pump, air comes right out of the valve. It worked when I first got it, I just blew it. Is it worth my time, or should I huck it away before it starts to haunt me?

#30575 User Friendly

Posted by Ragornocks on 07 July 2004 - 11:37 AM in General Nerf

Anyone here read User Friendly? If not, you aren't a geek. You stupid not geek.

On to the Nerf relevence, there are quite a few strips in there that feature "Snurf" products, take-offs of Nerf. Anyone see that, or remember that?

If you are going to read this comic, I suggest doing the following:

- Locking the door
- Unplugging the phone
- Getting a very comfortable chair
- Get a Cube of Dew

Because it's been updating daily since late 1997. Do that math.

Otherwise, good strip, with a few funny Nerf things...good luck finding them, though.

#19225 Ultimate Bow N Arrow

Posted by Ragornocks on 17 February 2004 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

Balsa Wood, man. If people use it in space shuttles*, you can use it for a clip*.

*I'm assuming.

#19295 Ultimate Bow N Arrow

Posted by Ragornocks on 18 February 2004 - 04:16 PM in Modifications

You must have some kind of really abraisive ass then.

You have no idea. Charmin ain't no softer when I get done.

Great for cutting, sawing and carving of hard materials, such as marble, concrete, brick...

Holy hell.

#19293 Ultimate Bow N Arrow

Posted by Ragornocks on 18 February 2004 - 04:05 PM in Modifications

Tungsten?

Sorry, had to do that. More on this fake diamond cutting wheel...I rip through carbite wheels like toilet paper.

#19309 Ultimate Bow N Arrow

Posted by Ragornocks on 18 February 2004 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

Shit...I've got one of those! Can you say 182 piece kit? I'ma go hack through some hard material...like the side of someone's house...or maybe a hole puncher.

I'm happy to say this thing just cut a hole puncher in half.

#34535 Uhoh, Its The Birthday Boy!

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 August 2004 - 07:59 PM in Off Topic

Oh hell, if I had to base my woman on my ability to bowl, I wouldn't have much of a woman. I can't bowl.

#34531 Uhoh, Its The Birthday Boy!

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 August 2004 - 07:53 PM in Off Topic

Ompa, relax, have a Dew, and spend the night browsing the Net. You deserve it.

#150261 Uh, Hi.

Posted by Ragornocks on 09 April 2008 - 05:34 PM in Off Topic

I forgot how much fun I had back shitting my days away on the old Nerf boards.

Then again, I think I may have forgot just how much fun I've had.

So what's up with the community? And what's the biggest East Coast war that goes on? Classes end in a few weeks and I could use a roadtrip.

#75881 Ugh....

Posted by Ragornocks on 12 March 2006 - 07:30 AM in Off Topic

I sincerely regret spending the night the way I did. All I honestly remember is some gothic girl, a really big fire, and a rap battle that turned into about twenty people singing country.

^^^Happy birthday to me.

#10471 Tts Mod

Posted by Ragornocks on 26 September 2003 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

I beg to differ. Mine is loaded with rubber bands. And that shaft is one of the strongest I have ever seen by Nerf.

#20628 Tt Mod. Will 1/2" Copper Work?

Posted by Ragornocks on 03 March 2004 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

Congrats on a gramaticly correct post. You even spelled it all right!

You had 24 hours to think about that, and reply in a sensible manner. But, you instead, no doubt, sat around staring at your computer screen, waiting for that tban (temporary ban, for you non-gamers) to end, and started up on the incomprehendible babble.

In other words, start typing even slightly more civilized, or get your account deleted.

Go for the elitist version of DickheadHaven, C. At least it will keep people like this away until they learn to spell their own name.

#20341 Tt Mod. Will 1/2" Copper Work?

Posted by Ragornocks on 29 February 2004 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

If you are using a normal sized 1/2" stefan, then no. You want a fairly tight fit in between the dart and the barrel. I would really reccomend 17/32" Brass or IronRhino's PETG, or CPVC if the former two are unavailible.

If you have foam that fits in the copper tight, then you should be good. But, 1/2" copper is about equal to 19/32" Brass, which is two sizes larger than what would work best.

#66886 Tru: Free Maverick

Posted by Ragornocks on 31 October 2005 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

Hell man, I went there the other day to get a BBB, and now I have a scab on my chin from where my jaw hit the floor. I haven't seen that much Nerf merch at one place in years...anyways, college is overrated from what I hear. And so is the phone bill. And food. And gas money. And pretty much anything else that doesn't involve scantily clad women or booze.

...and they most certainly didn't give me anything free, other than some odd looks. I guess that's the price to pay when you buy toy guns at my age, huh?

#10469 Trading Online

Posted by Ragornocks on 26 September 2003 - 06:00 PM in Off Topic

I'm still waiting on that broken Xbow from Atticus...and I can't check my PM archives, becuase they are all on NHQ. Gah, why me? Why, fuckin' me?

#32677 Too Much Time Isn't Always Bad

Posted by Ragornocks on 30 July 2004 - 03:14 PM in Off Topic

What about our fort?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures and hosting props go to Severe, who would like beat my ass if I didn't mention that. Also props go to him for getting the massive doors we used to construct it. I missed the day they finished it here, I still gotta go check it out. But with a bunch of old junk, you can make some pretty cool stuff. Just takes some time, materials, and the will to work.

#70690 Tinh Is Released

Posted by Ragornocks on 09 January 2006 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

...so it's like the old "Nerf Evolved" project, that was supposed to revolutionize everything?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea and all, but I'm recalling how it went last time...ideal, but not practical. Or something like that.

#16117 Thumb Tack Tip Stefans

Posted by Ragornocks on 10 January 2004 - 12:58 PM in Homemades

If you make these, for God's sake, please make sure the tacks are glued to the foam. If that tack comes off when you shoot, someone's not going to be happy.

#8228 The Tech Target Gun Is In Stores

Posted by Ragornocks on 14 August 2003 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

Ooh, do we have something for cx to toy with now?

The gun looks alot like a LnL, from what I see of the internals sticking out. If so, it may be a fair replacment for a fair price.

#30531 The Nite Finder With Less Crap On It!

Posted by Ragornocks on 06 July 2004 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

Dessert Eagle?

Posted Image

Yummy!

#35734 The Lnl

Posted by Ragornocks on 29 August 2004 - 11:09 AM in General Nerf

The value of the LnL used to be around $25-30, due to it's sheer power for it's size. The Tech Target was released, and became an alternative. However, when Hasbro released the Nite Finder, the Lock'n'Load's value dropped. Like, a bunch. The SSII still remain a pretty popular spring powered blaster, though.

#80820 The Least I Could Do

Posted by Ragornocks on 26 April 2006 - 02:40 PM in Off Topic

Looks like there's another Maverick spoof in a webcomic.

LICD is a great strip that revolves around sexual humor...not something I suggest for people under the age of eighteen, but if you're mature enough to handle it, it's a riot.

The Maverick seems to be the weapon of choice for wreaking havoc around the home, studio, or office of any stressed artist.

#7967 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by Ragornocks on 09 August 2003 - 09:19 PM in General Nerf

Hey, fuckin' those pigs isn't that easy. Lay off the pig-fuckers.