Aeromech's Content

There have been 378 items by Aeromech (Search limited from 04-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#345918 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 30 March 2015 - 03:57 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Stryfle. Simple. Cheap. Easy. Effective.

#322692 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 17 October 2012 - 12:49 AM in Modifications

Siamese Stampede:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wired in parallel, powered by 12 AA batteries housed in the lower blaster

Batman Blastfire:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now with 100% more stock and integrated lights!

#347489 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 28 June 2015 - 03:01 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Delta Rapidstrike

Watch the video. I need money. Don't use adblock.

#341591 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 27 August 2014 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shotgun mothafucka

Videooooo

#341066 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 07 August 2014 - 09:00 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please ignore the messiness of my den/workshop/sex dungeon. Stampede is double-volted with alkaline batteries, and has a slightly shortened BBB spring inside. Trigger is hooked up to one of the brake handles. Sledgefire pistol sits on the other side.

It could look cleaner but that would involve drilling into my fucking bike.

Video up tomorrow.

#342600 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 29 October 2014 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Rapidstrike Pistol. No exposed batteries. Yeah I could have made it smaller but this was the look I was going for. Reduced fore end. Removed the stock and added 8 AA batteries in the stock void. Balance is pretty good.

Thanks to randyfivesix's instructables guide that allowed me to complete the front part.

#342961 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 21 November 2014 - 01:15 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seems like a dragon fire to me.

EDIT: Yes that is a functional active infrared NV scope.

#336471 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 13 January 2014 - 12:05 PM in Modifications

[URL=http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Archangel2014/media/100_0111_zps932638a1.jpg.html]
Posted Image

Newest addition to the project. Sandpaper grips from skateboard tape and a custom wooden stock.

#327473 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 01 March 2013 - 01:09 PM in Modifications

I call it the Quatra-pede. Exactly what it sounds like. 4 Stampedes bolted together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#323568 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 14 November 2012 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Matching Over-Under Double Shot "rifle" and "pistol."

#337502 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 15 March 2014 - 01:34 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Terrible Tornado. Writeup here

#337638 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 23 March 2014 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Based on an antiaircraft gun. No writeup for this one. Stampedes running 18V each, with cut-down big bad bow springs powering the blasters. Video coming soon.

#355769 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aeromech on 24 August 2016 - 04:21 PM in Modifications

FB_IMG_1472057218885_zpsspwv7ojg.jpg

20160824_124829_zpsidg9fcpi.jpg

20160824_124849_zpsrhyxopf1.jpg

Aeromech themed Firestrike. Didn't finish sanding the 3D printed grip extension, it looks cheese in the photos but its smooth as anything now.

#345178 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 23 February 2015 - 11:52 AM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

Takedown bitches! Still needs a trigger because I am missing one 25 cents screw for the trigger rotation bar. Has a 5.75 in draw, a full [k26] Spring, pump action, and can (theoretically) work with a barrel up to 10 or 12 inches. Only uses one eye-bolt to lock the two halves together, so this thing can be assembled without the use of any tools! Designed for close quarters nerfing and easy portability, this blaster weighs only 1 lb 12 oz, or 1.75 lbs, before the barrel and hopper assembly are added. Will be making a pullback version too, I really like this concept

Posted Image

With semi retained trigger and tool free removal screw.

#346972 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 28 May 2015 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Improved ESLT trigger

Posted Image
Low Profile Stock with supa effeminate cheek cushion

Posted Image
Speed Hole is located on the bottom, and enlarged to 3/8" DIA from 1/4". Before the speed hole was right by your ear and made a loud pang every time it was fired, by having it on the underside, the blaster seems much quieter.

Posted Image
Rear sight

#350174 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 26 December 2015 - 05:17 AM in Homemades

eslt_zpsydx18fmg.jpg

Top: ESLT with better stock and intake, and cantilever wye brace

Bottom: Yet-to-be-named floating piston bullpup to dominate the ESLT above it

With a skirt seal and a [k25] at 95% compression, my ears tell me this is rocking around the christmas tree at 220 or so FPS. Beauty is , remove two screws and you can replace the spring with a [k26] and up that FPS by 10-20, as opposed to completely gutting the ESLT to make even minor adjustments.

EDIT: Ya'll like acronyms, let's call it the PCR or PCSR: "Pumpaction Compression-spring Redirect" blaster

20151227_151429_zpsb8djyo03.jpg

With her makeup on. Don't worry, the next one will not use duct tape. One or two minor EDIT: Like twenty changes are being made as we speak for better comfort and ease of use.

#353520 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 16 May 2016 - 10:49 PM in Homemades

1_zpspgsfuq06.jpg

3_zpsgrtwd9af.jpg

4_zpsyhqpbuso.jpg

Aesthetics based on the American made M3A1 "Grease Gun" (and perhaps a little FAL too?)

Catch based on the Madsen SMG sear catch, first implemented in homemades by Ryan McNumbers/ MHA

Uses NO McMaster parts! BUT, the front superlative catch printed part can be  flipped to reveal a place to put a skirt seal (which I will probably do).

Originally based on the SNAP Carbine but uses a 3d printed ESLT style of catch nad reciever, but with parts designed to be used on smaller 3d printers, a 6 inch cube print volume can print this! Plus the receiver can be used on other blasters of similar type, maybe different PT lengths for various degrees of energy, so you can have multiple "uppers" that match to one "lower". Nobody's gonna do it, but it makes me happy to design modular things.

smg_zpsexvr8rlh.jpg

Shawty pistol/ SMG version.

#354331 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 18 June 2016 - 12:51 AM in Homemades

pullback%20carbines_zpsjfujyg6b.jpg

Pullback Carbines

-5 inches of draw

-10" of [k25] in the carbine, 9.5" of [k26] in the pistol

-Omnidirectional catch on the pistol, with special anti-kinking design on the inside. That's right, no more B.S. false catching and spring binding against the catch rod. This baby catches every time.

-The suppressor looking things are adapters for brass single-barrels

-22 inch overall length on the carbine before barrels/adapters/hoppers

#352344 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 21 March 2016 - 11:47 AM in Homemades

20160318_182502_zpsvqhnptgc.jpg

My attempt at making a new homemade style design based on an ESLT/PCSR style relocated submachinegun catch

20160318_182534_zpsp4qqv9zc.jpg

It is NON-FUNCTIONAL, but it is a failure in the name of progress so I'm cool with it. The Idea was to have an invertible catch (the triangular star-trek-logo-looking cutting board piece near the bottom-rear of the blaster) so the catch could be flipped around (inverted) and used on the other side if one side got worn down, as opposed to having to completely replace the trigger on something like a SNAP. This doesn't work because the slots on the PVC are pushed open by the restoring force of the mainspring when the catch pivots upward. If this was a pure PCSR, there would be no slots so the catch would actually likely work in that case. But, it is what it is and I learned something from it, mainly the actual energy these springs have in them.

#351093 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 24 January 2016 - 02:21 PM in Homemades

20160124_020340_zps2gfs9rwo.jpg

Pullback

20160124_020425_zpskqhjqv09.jpg

Parasite

20160124_141702_zpsto6blw0q.jpg

Pullback WITH Parasite

Writeup/Abstract here: http://nerfhaven.com...ting-technique/

#347040 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 03 June 2015 - 07:38 PM in Homemades

IMG_20150603_203237_zpsaik5ppnu.jpg

IMG_20150603_203325_zpskrqelp25.jpg

IMG_20150603_203400_zpsky6opwoz.jpg

Cantilever ESLT wye stabilier and pic rail moumt.

Will Aeromech get his website up and running before APOC? Stay tuned.

#344109 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 09 January 2015 - 06:12 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Just some "slotless" pumpsnaps. First edition is on the top, second edition is on the bottom. They both work well, but the bottom one is 6 ounces lighter than the top one.

Posted Image
The "slotless" mechanism. I made a writeup on this like two weeks ago.

Posted Image
Ambidextrous stock with face guard.

Posted Image
Just because.

#347022 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 01 June 2015 - 05:02 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

An actual crossbow. Medieval style.

#342541 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 23 October 2014 - 09:18 AM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Streamlining the Double Rainbow. I use slightly less draw and slightly more pre-compression. That's with all my blasters, so I'm deviating from Koree's design a bit to increase strength and ease of assembly. Or I could be wrong. That's a possibility. Writeup soon.

Posted Image

With pistol grip and pump. Can be 3d printed or hand-manufactured.

#339339 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 03 June 2014 - 04:34 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

WIP Rainbow pup

Posted Image

Barstool musings.

#339698 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 22 June 2014 - 12:51 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not enough sidearm love. Pretty effeminate Rainbow pistol right here.

#338882 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 11 May 2014 - 11:59 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Big and Little brother. Writeup is done on the big brother. Will be making an overview of the Rainbow-Bullpup-Pistol-Carbine shortly.

#338469 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 24 April 2014 - 01:54 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

The Number 2.1, a mighty fine rainbow-pump.

Needs some fine tuning that will be implemented in the Number 3.

#337810 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 28 March 2014 - 05:04 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My first homemade. In tactical pink. Red dot sight was an experiment, might throw a riser on there as well. Damn good air seal too.

#343848 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 02 January 2015 - 09:25 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Drev's Bullpup blaster with some Aeromech flair, currently in the "Trident" configuration, with reverse wye chopper designed to be used specifically with my removable clips. If you've used a chopper before, it works alright, the blaster itself still has some teething to do. Not war ready quite yet.

#340173 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 08 July 2014 - 11:06 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

The progression of my rainbows. Number 3 on the bottom with the super effeminate floral pattern. The two on top are number 4's. More refined and easier to produce than number 3's. Damn near perfect seal on all of 'em.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Double Rainbow and Laser Pistol. I am super proud of both. Especially the Meriflage.

#340609 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 21 July 2014 - 09:01 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check out the supa sub-optimal writeup!

#342474 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM in Homemades

Repairs after bendgate:

Posted Image

Shameless video plug.

#342780 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Aeromech on 09 November 2014 - 10:30 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coming to a war new you. The evolution of the Double rainbow I've been toying with for the last couple weeks. String stop makes this dry fire safe. Precompressed low draw plunger system gives this thing really good ranges, just under a traditional cocentric-force blaster. Barrel-slide lug in the front prevents this blaster from bowing out and splitting apart like I've seen other DRs have a tendency to do. Polycarb sideplates make it pretty strong and allow for an optic attachment if you're really lame like me. Writeup soon. I'm more pleased with this than I expected. Stock to bushing measurement is 18.5 inches.

EDIT: Yes, I've been whoring this thread but I've been on a building spree. There is another one coming soon I'll try to be more concise.

#346277 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by Aeromech on 18 April 2015 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Will be there. Count me in for some plus one's too.

#352722 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Aeromech on 11 April 2016 - 11:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Going. Expect plus ones.

#339028 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by Aeromech on 18 May 2014 - 09:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I will see you there come hell or high water.

#340923 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by Aeromech on 02 August 2014 - 08:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow guys, sweet war, really.

I guess we're doing the pros/cons thing?

Pros
-Langley runs pretty baller wars.
-Meeting new and old people that partake in this geeky hobby.
-Seeing all the different flavors of homemades. Really, your soul goes into those things. It's heartwarming to see everybody's creativity.
-Finding another Long Island based Nerfer.
-Got rid of some old stuff I don't use.
-Even the "noobs" had a good run, everybody was pretty lax about loaning blasters and parts to those less-armed.
-Weather wasn't that bad
-Signing the shit-ploy. You could easily ebay that for like 75 cents now.

Cons, (Not really, just funny shit that happened.)
-Realizing you're out of ammo three feet away from DX.
-Gotta get me one of them there rocket launchers.
-SNAP style blaster deciding to eat a dick in the last round.
-Motherfucking New York City traffic

10/10 would apocalypse again.

#340882 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by Aeromech on 01 August 2014 - 03:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I have some 3/4 PVC pipes laying around I can make a couple dicks sticks for the carpe rounds. And they will be absolutely fabulous.

#350248 PCSR: A new homemade design

Posted by Aeromech on 28 December 2015 - 08:02 PM in Homemades

They were built to shoot silicone domes. People liked the metal darts better...  I still think pullback is superior for higher spring constant blasters. 

Will STL's and design files be shared eventually? Looks like a really nice design and I would love to build one. Really good work overall.

Also I would disagree and say that ESTL's do not only shoot proprietary ammo that only one person (myself you are obviously refering to) makes. 

They do not ONLY shoot propriety ammo, but it's what they were designed for, and therefore provide sub-optimal performance for most other ammo types. People do tend to use slugs more and that's the point. The ESLT comes shipped with a barrel meant for silly-domes. If nobody uses them anyway, the barrel needs to be replaced to accommodate the darts being used. The forward barrel rest on the ESLT demands the barrel must be 14 inches long no matter what. And if fatter/denser foam is used the ESLT can and will get some of the nastiests jams you've ever seen, partially caused by that non-vaccum-forming plunger seal. It gets stuck and then cannot get unstuck by priming back. Point being, it's a pain in the ass to change the barrel on that thing.

As for uploading the .STL files, you can refer to http://nerfhaven.com...o-borrow-eslts/ for my answer. Not one week ago, I came asking for a favor from the community and was greeted as a theif. Forgive me, but I'm not in a particularly generous mood at the moment. You will pay for a blaster just like anyone else. I will not release the files for the time being. TL;DR, When I can have people trust that I won't steal their $100 blaster, I will trust them that they will not try to sell MY $100+ blaster as their own.

EDIT: Thank you to my friends, who, upon reading this post, volunteered some ESLTs for me. And thank you Orangeparkour, upon rereading the thread, most of the comments there were trying to be helpful. Sorry to those of you I offended, the few bad ones left a bad taste in my mouth.