JATDO's Content

There have been 297 items by JATDO (Search limited from 24-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#261324 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by JATDO on 09 January 2010 - 11:48 PM in Modifications

Just a little thing I whipped up at my friends house for his birthday.
Posted Image
I'm pretty sure its the stormfinder, or the CTF gun, with a SSPB integrated into it. I also drilled the AR's and key ringed the plunger rod. Also as Zack The Mack would say, it is a tactical stormfinder. I know it isn't clean, but I was at my friends and didn't have nearly all the tools I would of wanted, I also want to CPVC both the guns, we will in time. Sorry the pic is kind of bad, I used my cell phone camera.

BTW, Ryan I love how you use Google Chrome, it is amazing. If you don't use it, get it now.

#219978 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by JATDO on 26 March 2009 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

My minimized and painted Crossfire

Posted Image

JATDO

#237514 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by JATDO on 19 June 2009 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

I painted this the other day, I know its not the best paint, but I like it.
Posted Image
Then I painted this one while waiting for the PAS to dry, also shown is my brassed SSPB.
Posted Image

#227344 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by JATDO on 30 April 2009 - 08:47 PM in Modifications

Can u put one on how to shoot taggers?

It's in the modification directory.

#236515 Raider Preview

Posted by JATDO on 15 June 2009 - 07:04 PM in General Nerf

Very cool, the ROF is amazing. Reloading must be a pain, I can't wait to put that stock on my recon!
I'm sure you could just repace the metal bar for more springs.

#261268 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by JATDO on 09 January 2010 - 02:28 PM in General Nerf

Hmmm, It has a digital camo, just like the raider. CoD has left its mark on hasbro :P.

#261320 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by JATDO on 09 January 2010 - 11:36 PM in General Nerf

I just opened up mine.
Sorry to tell you guys. It is a reverse plunger.
Lots of room to work with if you wanted to gut everything and fill the shell with awesome.

*Hurtful Imges*

I think I just died a little on the inside.

#261327 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by JATDO on 09 January 2010 - 11:52 PM in General Nerf

I think I just died a little on the inside.

You set yourself up for that then. Nobody else to blame. Plenty of us had been telling you right from the start that it was going to be another Recon.

I didn't say it was anyone else's fault, I am just a tad disappointed. I gave Hasbro the benefit of the doubt, but I guess I shouldn't have.

#276690 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by JATDO on 02 June 2010 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Name: Eleanor
I have an odd habit of naming everything of sentimental value to me normal names.
Mods Done: Nothing too special, DT3 spring, level 4 reinforcements, reinforced plunger rod, replaced plunger tube. And an amazing seal, with the help of Cheesypiza001. I kept the stock plunger rod, catch, and trigger because I didn't want my Crossbow to be a Plus-Bow in a shell.
Integrations: I really don't have the need for any, with the use of a breech the ROF is enough to hold people off, and I wanted to keep the shell as stock and clean as possible.
Comments: I bought this a while back, for a steal if I may add, when I got it it wasn't in working condition. So I nurtured her to health again. I had to re-do the plunger rod reinforcements and the skirt needed some work, and to add to the performance replaced the plunger tube and gave it a "universal coupler". The range is enough, and the gun is easy to aim and fire so its pretty damn accurate. Over all I love this gun, its amazing knowing that this gun is my age.. weird right?

#269989 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by JATDO on 22 March 2010 - 08:55 PM in General Nerf

In this episode of Seinfeld George is talking to Susan in her apartment and there is a Ballzooka on a bookshelf, in the box!

#261017 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by JATDO on 06 January 2010 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

I don't know if you guys noticed, but on the link CheezyPiza provided if you scroll down to the vulcan there's a weird looking shotgun attatchment. Do you guys think it's real.

I don't think this gun is going to be very good at all. I'm sure nerf spent too much time making the flashlight to blaster transition "cool" and not enough time on the actual gun.

No, probably not. In the game (my little cousins have it, and its actually very fun.) they have things called bonus barrels. Which are basically Rouge scopes, but spring powered. They shoot with the primary gun, but have no trigger, so I don't think they are real at all.

#260855 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by JATDO on 05 January 2010 - 09:46 PM in General Nerf

OR it looks like this... which is already made :(

It's a nerf version of the Magpul portable TMP

I do like that gun, so basically its a giant flashlight with a nerf gun integrated in it? I have a feeling the swivel breech is going to have a horrible seal, it would be nice to get it not to rotate and loose the flashlight all together.
Then put a raider drum on it...

#261118 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by JATDO on 07 January 2010 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Holy crap, I just mentally shat myself!!! If you extend the barrel, and there's no clip in it, it looks like a BR! Though of course this could be the huge amounts of video gaming I put in over break talking through my fingers. But seriously, I think nerf is starting to make guns look more realistic.

It better be video games talking through your fingers, I hate it when people try and make nerf guns look like guns from halo.

But on topic, I would like a look down the sight, it looks very interesting. Can it shoot in "stealth mode"?

#252854 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by JATDO on 07 October 2009 - 03:42 PM in Off Topic

I asked this on the IRC before but never got an answer, I downloaded Pidgin and I tryed to get in the nerf IRC. I put the name as #nerfchat and copy and pasted the address, it also askes for a password, what is it? Or is it not needed and I am just failing in another way?

#252857 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by JATDO on 07 October 2009 - 04:10 PM in Off Topic

I asked this on the IRC before but never got an answer, I downloaded Pidgin and I tryed to get in the nerf IRC. I put the name as #nerfchat and copy and pasted the address, it also askes for a password, what is it? Or is it not needed and I am just failing in another way?

There is no password. Are you sure you are connecting to the darkmyst server? There could be a similary named channel on any other IRC network.

irc.darkmyst.org::6667 is what I put in.

#260423 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 02 January 2010 - 12:30 AM in Nerf Wars

I can't wait, I was making darts till pretty late...
I just realized that my only winter jacket is neon green.. So much for camo. And the weather forcast said a high of 29 so it should be pretty chilly.
I was thinking about bringing my Flip camcorder, If anyone actually checks this before the war, do you think thats a good idea?

#260592 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 03 January 2010 - 03:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love my camo...
Nice pics Cheesy. Now if only you took some video. I wish someone got a vid of the bull going off the cliff.

#260552 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 03 January 2010 - 01:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Shit, I'm so tired I almost forget everything that happened... <_<

SNOW IS FUN.
My crossbow didn't break.
I didn't die in the second round, and got 3 kills!
But I think my legs might be tired tomorrow for the next week.
Bulls+cliff=a good time.
Battlefield conditions rock.
And watching z80 ride a foot tall Bull with an eliminator.

I can't wait for the next one...

#260052 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 29 December 2009 - 12:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna wait until the night before to spraypaint the backs of the darts depending on the weather report. If it snows/is snowing then blue, and if its not, then white. What do you guys think?

I say paint them RED or GREEN. :P
I love the cold so this is gonna be even more fun.

Blue should be pretty easy to see snow or no snow, but its gonna be hard either way. I almost lost my black minimized crossfire, that was hard to find. And I plan on making at least 300, or until I get super bored of making darts or run out of supplies.

#257825 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 02 December 2009 - 03:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in, and there is a chance of another with me.
Hmmmm January 2.. Does that mean there is a chance of battle field conditions again?

#259773 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 25 December 2009 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey cheesy, don't bring too much, there is a LONG ass walk to where we play

#257927 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 03 December 2009 - 08:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I have heard that the dart recovery rate is extremely low when nerfing in Saxon Woods. Is this true?

Low, but possiable. Bring lotsa darts, cuase you do loose many. I'm going to bring a bag of over 100 or so stock darts as a back up. I do know at BFNY 3 someone found a dart from BFNY 2.

#259016 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 14 December 2009 - 10:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Foam weapons sounds fun! I gotta get me one.

How many darts do you think we should bring?

#259725 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 24 December 2009 - 11:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I am now positively coming, and JADTDO's friend is also coming.

Yea I kind of knew that and forgot to post it, my bad.
Does anyone know the forcast for the war?

#275993 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by JATDO on 25 May 2010 - 09:11 PM in News

I assume they aren't gonna use shells. If they do I might have to stop buying N-strike guns all together.
I am curios to see how they load the darts. I am definitely going to buy it.

#278467 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by JATDO on 24 June 2010 - 03:09 PM in News

screw the blaster!

Look very closely at those darts.

Here's a link http://a3.images22.5...09d6db36d5a.jpg

What's so special about them other that they look longer? The heads also look smaller, more in line with the dart.

Rear-loadable.

They seem to be basically streamlines with a whistler head.
The instructions on the gun show that it will be rear loading. This kinda sucks, you can't use normal stock darts. On the other hand you might be able to use stefans without removing the AR's. I'm not sure how the posts on the AR's would be.

#277106 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by JATDO on 07 June 2010 - 08:15 PM in News

But it looks like it uses the whistler darts, which have a tip larger than the body. So I'm wondering how you rear-load those things as well.

EDIT: At this point, my guess is that you simply break open the barrels and then load the darts into the rear of the gun. The front barrels are likely only for show/some semblance of accuracy. Which really would be fairly pointless, IMO.

Thats what I think, so we we could just unscrew the hinge CPVC it and use it like that.

#275824 Diy: Hopper Clips

Posted by JATDO on 24 May 2010 - 04:14 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thanks Ryan, you just help me solve my hopper clip problems! And thanks for posting that dart door link, I would of never found out about it.

And congrats on getting 300 points bowling in 2004.

#255880 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by JATDO on 10 November 2009 - 02:53 PM in Off Topic

My goddamned PS3 needs to update its self before I can play. :D

#255867 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by JATDO on 10 November 2009 - 06:56 AM in Off Topic

Fuck you! I need to wait after school :D
I know one guy who spent $150 for the game and night vision goggles.
My friends don't have lifes...

#255931 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by JATDO on 10 November 2009 - 11:32 PM in Off Topic

Wow I beat in less then 5 hours...
Let's not get any spoilers in here. I don't like those.

#256167 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by JATDO on 12 November 2009 - 11:20 PM in Off Topic

I agree, camping on the XB360 is ridiculous. I mean, half the enemy team is camping, and there is no way to get anywhere near them, as they have sentrys, claymores and about 5 other campers scoping in every direction. This went on for at least half a game, and the only way for it to end was some guy getting a care package with an AC130 in it, and dealing with them that way.

BTW: IF anyone has reached level 23 and has not yet tried out the G18, go smack yourself. I swear to God, it's my favorite gun in the game. I seriously use it as a primary, and my Mp5 as a backup. It's a beast silenced.

I've always loved that gun, I like glocks, I like full auto, I like being able to use two at once, and I love rediculasly large clips. I love the Glock 18.
You actually get it at 22..I'm one away goddamnit. I picked up a g18 akimbo..that shit was amazing, besides the gave you cant ADS and the range is so-so it would be my primary.

#256290 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by JATDO on 14 November 2009 - 08:36 PM in Off Topic

Everyone has 3rd person in a 3rd person match

wow I just relised that this was my 200th post...
Yay for me!
Why the hell did I use it for this?

#256535 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by JATDO on 16 November 2009 - 11:18 PM in Off Topic

Anybody else tryed the secret museum map? It's pretty sweet, but a bit hard.

Pshhhh, that was easy. Just get the m240 as soon as you hit the button run to the vehical room, get behind the counter...
An use the m93 as a backup.

#256152 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by JATDO on 12 November 2009 - 09:37 PM in Off Topic

Boo hoo guys, learn how to counter a camper. If someone can camp in a spot and rack up tons of kills, it says more about the oppsing team than it does about him.

Seriously its not hard to watch your corners.
You guys must be on X-box, there are almost no campers on PS3.
Personally I like my masterkey on my M4. I cant wait untill I get Bling so I can have an ACOG and a Masterkey.
And I would also like to add how cool it is for all guns to have silencers.

#256070 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by JATDO on 12 November 2009 - 07:15 AM in Off Topic

I agree with Talio about the maps, these are so much better. There is a good mix of close quarters and long range. That's why I use the m4a1, it shoots far, and can spray if needed.
I do think the AA-12 shoots a bit too fast, the clip is just to small for that rate of fire. Now if it had a drum clip that would change it all.
When I was playing CoD4 I was playing hardcore, so I'm used to the whole "ease of dieing" thing.
Icey I assume you have a ps3, we crashed the server! On the second saw we played to much and the server died. It's back on.
Oh and Talio the AK-47 chambers 7.62 not .762.

#274095 Spring Bcno

Posted by JATDO on 05 May 2010 - 06:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I got the Ok from my family, but I need a ride.

#274604 Spring Bcno

Posted by JATDO on 12 May 2010 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I like the two wars idea, but one on the 22nd, I have plans on the 23rd.
And I would check for another date.

#275356 Spring Bcno

Posted by JATDO on 19 May 2010 - 09:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Are we still game for the 22st?
I am as long as my ride is aswell.
And is there anyone that could sell me about 100 or so darts? Slug darts are preferred and they need to fit 17/32 nicely.

#272929 Spring Bcno

Posted by JATDO on 21 April 2010 - 06:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I need to check what I'm doing in May, but I would love to go.