Eightdotno's Content

There have been 82 items by Eightdotno (Search limited from 01-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#359996 Caliburn: Mag-fed Pump-action Springer

Posted by Eightdotno on 17 May 2017 - 09:52 PM in Homemades

Will caliburn also be able to fire half length darts?

#360075 Caliburn: Mag-fed Pump-action Springer

Posted by Eightdotno on 23 May 2017 - 08:03 PM in Homemades

Also you should make your personal caliburn special by putting on some kind of after burner or having all the moving parts be forged out of metal, that way you could call yours excaliburn.
Or you could call the origional prototype (if you still even have it) excaliburn

#360041 Caliburn: Mag-fed Pump-action Springer

Posted by Eightdotno on 22 May 2017 - 12:22 AM in Homemades

I really can't wait to see how the finished product of caliburn will be, currently the origional is my favorite homemade, and so much time and attention to detail has been put into this project that I cant even fathom.

#359503 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 27 April 2017 - 11:18 AM in Homemades

"The blaster has a grip that acts as the mag-well. Yes you can add the grip from another blaster so long as it will fit over the stock mag-well/grip.

And yes, you can make longer mags as long as you wind a longer spring."

How long can you make the mags?

#359318 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 19 April 2017 - 11:34 AM in Homemades

Wrap your hand around a standard mag now and try to imagine pulling a trigger with it like that. If that works for you, then yeah it could maybe work.

It wasn't the best grip, but yes I could do it.

#359403 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 24 April 2017 - 11:28 AM in Homemades

I love the design of this thing, BUT, would it be possible to use grips from other blasters instead of using the mag as a grip? (Like maverick grips or strong arm grips).
OR would a homemade grip be more functional?
ALSO, is extending the magazine to fit more darts possible?

#359062 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 06 April 2017 - 11:33 AM in Homemades

I don't think the design would be able to fire regular elites. The design is made for slugs and stefans.

That's kind of what I said...

#359044 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 05 April 2017 - 07:09 PM in Homemades

I would love to commission one of these, but instead of slugs it fires elites because of the rules at the wars I go to, but I know that I would easily mess up my darts.

#359080 THIS one simple design will have you in TEARS...

Posted by Eightdotno on 07 April 2017 - 11:01 AM in Homemades

Unless you have enormous basketball player hands, a full-length dart magazine would make a terrible grip. This design will only work with 1-1/2" length or shorter darts.

I do have enormous hands, so would it work?

#360088 2017 Modification/Homemade Contest

Posted by Eightdotno on 24 May 2017 - 11:25 AM in General Nerf

I have the perfect idea for this contest.

#361320 2017 Modification/Homemade Contest

Posted by Eightdotno on 17 August 2017 - 12:16 PM in General Nerf

So there was a lot of interest, but we only have 2 entries with a couple weeks to go.

Are people working on projects? Do we need to extend the deadline?

I think $50 may not be enough, even when I did my stupid project, I spent more than $40 on the titan, the wood for the stock, and the small bike pump I originally wanted to use, like the 2015 mod contest I think you should have like some blaster or something along with the $50 as a prize may attract more people to enter the contest?
I also had one of my freinds from an hvz event look at it and he said the same thing.

#359630 High Cap Magazine Collective Brain-Spew

Posted by Eightdotno on 02 May 2017 - 11:35 AM in Homemades

What about that 50 round drum that Hasbro wanted to release with the stampede but never came out with? I think that we could base a 60+ round drum off that.
Also that patent on it might help with building a drum mag.

#359505 High Cap Magazine Collective Brain-Spew

Posted by Eightdotno on 27 April 2017 - 11:43 AM in Homemades

I have no idea. But I suspect 22 darts is likely to be the ceiling of being reasonable in terms of mag dimensions and spring load.

What about a homemade drum magazine?
Is that a possibility?

#361473 IPAC: Inverse Pump Action Carbine

Posted by Eightdotno on 01 September 2017 - 12:35 PM in Homemades

Nah great question. I started to realize that it began to resemble the Crossbow as I began to complete it.  The front 45 degree angle of the pump grip and body was something I chose to give the form an aggressive, but proud stance. The U shaped barrel of the inverse design has been around, but I wanted the barrel at the top to feel more incorporated into the overall design, so the I chose to angle the top of Stock 1 down from there, causing the template to then look like a wolf or hound silhouette, so I rolled with that. However, most of it's design was spawned from the ideation sketches and the full rendering shown above. I honestly thought it mostly resembled the SPAS-12 until I designed the stock.

The form may look similar, but the internal design is completely bespoke and works completely differently from a direct pullback plunger system like the Crossbow, so I'm happy with that.

Might as well put a crossbow like stock on it while your at it, a pump action '95 crossbow is the stuff of legends and myths.

#361458 IPAC: Inverse Pump Action Carbine

Posted by Eightdotno on 31 August 2017 - 12:46 PM in Homemades

Not to be rude, but the whole blaster other than the stock, kinda looks like a stock '95 crossbow, did you take inspiration from the '95 crossbow?

#361414 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Eightdotno on 28 August 2017 - 12:24 PM in Homemades

Now all we need is a vortex caliburn.

Vortex is gud, but what about boomco darts? That would probably peirce cardboard if caliburn could use boomco darts (straws?).
This is seriously nor sarcasm, I really would like a boomco caliburn.

#361423 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Eightdotno on 29 August 2017 - 12:31 AM in Homemades

You know this somehow relates to a project I have been wanting to do ever since I started nerfing, I will post that idea in a different post, but I will ask Boomtendo about it.

#361356 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 August 2017 - 09:37 PM in Homemades

/u/PianoManDaniel is working on that.
Eb7vmW6E68_MNv8GTKoMzU65Sc90GjpZco3uHRE3
https://www.reddit.c...tible_caliburn/

https://www.reddit.c...n_rival_update/

I disn't realize this at the time, but you can't hear sarcasm through nerf hayven.
Sorry about making you leak that.

#361349 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 August 2017 - 04:34 PM in Homemades

But I need one of these that fires rival balls.

#359664 Homemade Flywheel Blaster

Posted by Eightdotno on 03 May 2017 - 11:35 AM in Homemades

Why don't you use gears insteae, that way it's shorter, and you can put more power into it.

#359997 Hammershot vs Strongarm/Maverick

Posted by Eightdotno on 17 May 2017 - 10:01 PM in General Nerf

The hammershot is more of an HVZ geared blaster, while the strongarm is more geared twords normal wars because of its ability to have its cylinder be removable, it's slam fire, and its slamfire.
While the hammershot has a more steady fire rate, (and of corse) it's one hand prime, and it not having slamfire, which is good for hvz as you don't want to spam all your darts at one zombie.
I also think the hammer shot is an incredibly uncomfortable blaster with a low capacity.
Only because I hate the hammershots handle, I use a double strike instead of that.
Also it's smaller.

#359531 Firestrike Ideas

Posted by Eightdotno on 28 April 2017 - 11:32 AM in Modifications

For me at least, foam padding works better but does not last as long unless you pad both the plunger tube and plunger head.

#359514 Firestrike Ideas

Posted by Eightdotno on 27 April 2017 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

You could go REAl old school and make a nitmav out of it, but you use a fire strike instead. You could also put a [k26] in it and pad the plunger head.

#359081 Has Anyone tried a hyperfire/Stampede integration?

Posted by Eightdotno on 07 April 2017 - 11:04 AM in Modifications

Go for it, seems like it would make a beautiful blaster. the hyperfire is good, but where the batteries are makes it uncomfortable for me, I encourage you to do it, and maybe put an under barrel mount that isn't a shotgun or an airblaster.

#358676 Nerf Stryfe discontinued???

Posted by Eightdotno on 21 March 2017 - 11:27 AM in General Nerf

I just checked the Nerf Wikia and it lists the stryfe as discontinued.

#358658 Nerf Stryfe discontinued???

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 March 2017 - 11:30 AM in General Nerf

I can still buy stryfes from cosco for like $30, but that's too expensive I'd imagine for a stryfe. I think they discontinued the stryfe, but retailers might be just getting rid of the stryfes they still have.

#361322 Sleeper Breech Question

Posted by Eightdotno on 17 August 2017 - 12:24 PM in Darts and Barrels

Would putting a sleeper breech in a blaster with the ar's intact still improve range? I would like to put one in my EAT a 5 kg to get a bit more range.

From most of the sleeper breechs I've seen, you have to drill out the dart post and ar for the breech to function smoothly, if you left the dart post and ar in it, you may encounter some jamming.

#359438 Highest Capacity Nerf Gun - 5000 Rounds! Slightly Impractical :P

Posted by Eightdotno on 25 April 2017 - 11:31 AM in Off Topic

I thought the gun was in the box and you where gonna take it out until I saw you pick it up.
I thought the gun was in the box and you where gonna take it out until I saw you pick it up.

#359775 Rocket Racoon's blasters in vol. 2

Posted by Eightdotno on 09 May 2017 - 11:30 AM in Off Topic

Neither of those blasters have triggers, but rocket holds them like they do have triggers.

#359805 Rocket Racoon's blasters in vol. 2

Posted by Eightdotno on 10 May 2017 - 11:36 AM in Off Topic

I actually asked someone in my town who makes props for indie films on what he rekons they used,he said and I quote " it appears they went down to their local goodwill and just picked up a bunch of random blasters to cobble together."
He also said that the first pistol is just a heavily painted nitefinder with 2 maverick pluger tunes on the front of it,
And the 2nd picture is either a retaliator or a recon with the magazine part of it sawed off and some pvc pipe put in its place.

#358694 What to do with my longstrike?

Posted by Eightdotno on 22 March 2017 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

You could just put some longshot internals in it,or put a big blast tank in it.
I'm sure if you look up longstrike mods on youtube you might find something else you'd like.

#360629 2017 Contest Entries

Posted by Eightdotno on 17 June 2017 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

http://nerfhaven.com...31-titan-rifle/

#361572 Mediator XL hype thread

Posted by Eightdotno on 12 September 2017 - 02:14 PM in General Nerf

I like how people are more exited for a blaster attachment rather than the blaster itself.

#359956 Alternative options for Stryfe?

Posted by Eightdotno on 16 May 2017 - 11:26 AM in General Nerf

A trip to your local goodwill could yield some kind of flywheel blaster.

#361430 PSA Nerf Rayvenfire is out

Posted by Eightdotno on 29 August 2017 - 12:32 PM in General Nerf

It's even worse here in the US. They are $70 because KOHL's

I can't even get the rayvenfire, If I had known this 3 days ago, I would have raced down to the kohl's in my town, which had a going out of business sale that started on friday, and now we have no kohl's

#361443 PSA Nerf Rayvenfire is out

Posted by Eightdotno on 30 August 2017 - 12:37 PM in General Nerf

The kohl's nearby here tends to have sales on stuff and we get coupons that are 30% off...waiting for that moment when its 30% off and I have a coupon. It makes the rayvenfire around $35 USD.

Lucky, now the only place where I can find semi auto flywheel blasters for a decent price are at goodwills, and I'm not paying $27 for a brand new stryfe.

#359804 Is This A Home.M Or A Mod?

Posted by Eightdotno on 10 May 2017 - 11:27 AM in Modifications

If it started out as a strong arm with the intention to mod it, then it's a mod.
IF it starred out as homemade inernals that needed a body, then it's a mod,
it's ONLY a homemade if any part of the strongarm isnt used mechanically.

#359338 Demolisher absolver

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 April 2017 - 11:34 AM in General Nerf

The easiest way to do that is to cut off the original demolished barrel material and hot glue a 1/2un pvc coupler in its place.

#360206 Broken Rough cut

Posted by Eightdotno on 30 May 2017 - 11:23 AM in General Nerf

A picture might help alot.

#359439 How to clean up shell cutting?

Posted by Eightdotno on 25 April 2017 - 11:44 AM in Modifications

My cutting always turns out rough also, but I always just clean it up by using a BBQ lighter to melt the uneven space that I cut and then I press the edges on to a flat, cold surface, or on to patty paper, then I wait for it to cool down and then I just use a file and sand paper to clean up what's left.