Mediator XL hype thread

12 replies to this topic

#1 aydensnake

aydensnake

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=l7KEoWsA0_o

>Mediator stock is a holster that also has a god-tier double-strike repaint inside of it

Oh, that's pretty nice, that double-strike reskin looks pretty good, I hope it's not too expensive

>Main blaster is essentially a minimized Rampage

A modulus rampage? That's kinda neat. The pump seems kinda awkward due to the position though

>Mediator front attachment uses an air tank

HOLY SHIT! HASBRO IS MAKING AIR TANK BLASTERS AGAIN!

Spring 2018 can't come soon enough

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

NO NEON TEXT.

Edited by Ice Nine, 11 September 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#2 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

Regarding the core, it looks like the pump and grip are in similar positions to the Deploy, which was fairly comfortable. So, in a way, this is an Elite Deploy!  :P On a more serious note, it's pretty much the smallest pump-action box-fed platform possible.

Regarding the front gun, I wanna single it and add a 1' barrel!

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#3 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

OP, please refrain from using neon green text, it's very hard to read.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#4 PraisinBran

PraisinBran

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

>greentexting outside of a Taiwanese basket weaving forum

This gun looks great. I especially like the base gun. Will definitely have to pick one up. I'm curious as to how the internals will look.

#5 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

I will pick up the base blaster if somebody designs a 3d print horizontal grip like OOD did for the artemis. I will definitely pick up the air tank masterkey and see what I can do with it.

#6 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:35 PM

I am going to suspend the next person who uses carats, neon text, or mentions a [nationality] [obscure hobby] forum.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#7 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

[Singapore] [nerf modding]

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

CONGRATS ON MISSING THE POINT. I WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU THREE DAYS INSTEAD OF FIVE IF YOU HAD ACTUALLY USED THE WORD "FORUM" IN THERE.

Edited by Ice Nine, 11 September 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#8 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

I am going to suspend the next person who uses carats, neon text, or mentions a [nationality] [obscure hobby] forum.

Keyword: 'or". Let's try "and"!

Spoiler

USER WAS SUSPENDED FOR THIS POST

YOU, ON THE OTHER HAND, GET SIGNIFICANTLY LONGER.

Edited by Ice Nine, 11 September 2017 - 07:29 PM.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#9 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

Well, getting back on topic:

I like the design quite a bit on this, though really haven't been interested in other Modulus-style blasters (or even anything by Nerf at this point). It looks like an Oblivion space rifle or something.

It's pump action (probably rampage internals), accepts whatever stock/mags I want, and has an airgun front attachment. It's essentially everything I want in an HvZ blaster. It's very intriguing that Hasbro is making airtanks again.

They must feel somewhat pushed to do that instead of smart AR HAMP systems. (Dart Zone and Buzz Bee quality competition in the larger nerf hobby?)

My only worry is that Hasbro is going to make this brutally expensive like everything else as of late. I could easily see the base blaster and front attachment going in the $60-70 range together, which is disgusting. Alternatively, they could be selling them apart because they've become the priciest on the market and are feeling somewhat pinched by competitors.

I'm also not actively listening to Drac talk for 3 minutes straight, so if I get anything wrong someone correct me. 

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#10 aydensnake

aydensnake

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:15 AM

Sorry about that

Regarding the core, it looks like the pump and grip are in similar positions to the Deploy, which was fairly comfortable. So, in a way, this is an Elite Deploy!  :P On a more serious note, it's pretty much the smallest pump-action box-fed platform possible.

Regarding the front gun, I wanna single it and add a 1' barrel!

We all want to single it, I plan on making it use attachments instead so I can either have a singled one that uses a hopper or have a 3 dart shotgun like it is stock

My only worry is that Hasbro is going to make this brutally expensive like everything else as of late. I could easily see the base blaster and front attachment going in the $60-70 range together, which is disgusting. Alternatively, they could be selling them apart because they've become the priciest on the market and are feeling somewhat pinched by competitors.

Well good news for you then, because the attachments are sold separately

#11 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

I like how people are more exited for a blaster attachment rather than the blaster itself.

#12 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:00 AM

Well good news for you then, because the attachments are sold separately

Yeah, but they're still going to be pricey and my bitching is justified. 

Edited by blitz, 13 September 2017 - 08:00 AM.

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#13 aydensnake

aydensnake

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

Yeah, but they're still going to be pricey and my bitching is justified. 

They are probably going to be around $20 but also come in a bundle that's around $50-$60 that includes both the blaster and the attachments

Edit: Turns out each attachment is $15 USD according to blasterhub https://www.blasterh...d-hascon-event/

Edited by aydensnake, 13 September 2017 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users