Norther of Heaven's Content

There have been 337 items by Norther of Heaven (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#166638 Question About Stefans

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 04 August 2008 - 09:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I've been experimenting with various types of ammunition for nerf guns, and since i've never been to a war before, i thought i should ask:

Are all sized stefans acceptable?

For instance if i were to make 3 or so stefans that when put end-to-end matched the length of a standard streamline, would this be acceptable to use in a war? I do this to create a nice burst fire effect. ^_^

#166648 Question About Stefans

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 04 August 2008 - 10:03 PM in Nerf Wars

You're right about the fire power and the reload times. I think they would best be used in a sidearm like a pistol.
That is unless i could have pre-loaded inter-changeable barrels for the gun.

#167025 Cpvc Turreted Nite Finder

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 07 August 2008 - 12:37 AM in Modifications

I like the minimized NF.

p.s. i know he's not the first to do it.

#167242 Recon Flashlight Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 07 August 2008 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

Very nice mod.

I've been thinking of implementing the Tactical Light (that comes in the pack of micros) into the area below the barrel of the recon, but im having trouble finding a way that it won't disrupt the clip-feed.

#167778 Easiest Gun To Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 10 August 2008 - 12:05 PM in Modifications

Look, if your serious about modding then your going to have to take a step up and learn to not be afraid to open the guns up. This is how you really mod most of the guns (with the few exceptions such as the BBB).

#167874 Discovery Power Welder

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 10 August 2008 - 04:44 PM in Modifications

Sweet, now the only thing to worry about is where you'd find spare plastic if you needed any to weld.

#168664 Bbb Barrel

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 13 August 2008 - 02:08 AM in Modifications

I've finally got a good Big Bad Bow mod going but I have to re-straighten the barrel constantly. Has anyone thought up a good way to keep it straight without glueing the barrel post to the inside of the case? And yes I've checked the directory for this. And searched.

#168739 Bbb Barrel

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 13 August 2008 - 11:20 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the suggestion, good idea. :)

#169071 Nite-mav

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 August 2008 - 12:13 PM in Modifications

Very clean, very cool.

And, just for the sake of tradition: Ranges?

#169097 Semi Auto Firefly

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 August 2008 - 01:50 PM in Modifications

Interesting.

Be sure to report back once those barrels are replaced and such.

#170028 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 17 August 2008 - 03:25 PM in Modifications

**NOTE** I'm not going to bother with a write-up to this, it took too many tiny details and pieces from various things to get to the end product. If you're willing to attempt this, then just go by what you see like I did.

Now a write-up.

So I was messing around one day with my disc shot and i ended up just taking it apart. Took out the plunger tube and noticed i had a spare Tactical Light laying around. I then took that apart and saw what space it had inside it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I got to working.

Posted Image
I took about 3 or so hours cutting out and removing any pieces inside that were just taking up space, and kept the parts that i could use to help fit the plunger tube with more snugly than just having it sitting inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: This is how I went about cutting all the internal shell pieces in order to fit the tube & such:
Posted Image

This was my original plan for the internals:

Posted Image

Turns out the PVC wasn't doing any good, so i took it out.

Another angle (with PVC):
Posted Image

Barrel stabilization was simple, just trim the hole up where the light used to be so the end of the plunger would fit. Barrel would be added on later.

Posted Image

End product:
Posted Image

I used a roseart barrel instead of anything heavy, mainly due to the fact that i've never seen a piece of brass in my town or anywhere near where i live.

EDIT: I ended up having the original hot glued barrel come off, so i gooped it on later.

Top View:
Posted Image

I didn't do anything fancy with the trigger mech. Just pressing down the catch plate was enough to function as a trigger.
EDIT: Working on a trigger of some sort.
Posted Image

Ranges:
Flat: 40-50 ft.
Angled: 1,000,000 ft. (I kid, i kid..)

It fits just like any other accessory with the tactical rail on it. Thats the beauty.

Other stats:
-Used a slightly stretched Sharpshooter II spring
-Will most commonly be used with my Mini Stefans™ for burst shots. Works very well for close-ranged fire fights, great addition to a long-range gun.
-Wrapped plunger head with teflon tape, then e-tape. Glued down with hot glue.
-Lubed up with silicone spray.

Videos:

First Test Shot:

Integration with guns:
Posted Image

#170033 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 17 August 2008 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

I would've used NF guts, but i didn't have a spare one.

This kind of started out with me being afraid to really integrate anything with anything else permanently.
But now i can equip and un-equip as i please.

#170118 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 17 August 2008 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Very nice modification, makes me want to buy another tactical light for that reason. Also, what rail was on your BBB when you attached it onto the BBB, it doesn't look familiar.

I cut up the barrel extension for the Recon, just the bottom rail.
It fit pretty well, I also took the rail connection piece (whatever you call it) that holds whatever onto the rail. This way i can put a NF or something on the other side.

#170178 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 17 August 2008 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

Well, I did have a spare tactical light (ripped it off of my BBB 2 or 3 days ago) and I did have a spare Nite-Finder (ripped it off that same BBB 2 or 3 days ago...after the barrel fell off). SOOOO, I got to work, what happened was I gutted the crud outa everthing in the tac. light, crayola (yes crayola, no roseart for me...but it's the same color, yellow...) and hot glued the plunger in. Now I just feel like I wasted a perfectly good Nite-finder and Tactical Light. Why you ask? Well it's almost done, and since we're leaving for vacation tommorow I won't be able to work on it for 4 days. My only problem is the catch, it's just there, loose, so then gun is uncockable, and whenever you do try to cock it, either 1 of 2 things happen:
1. The entire plunger rod flies out along with the spring and cocking mechanism.
2. You bend the catch spring, you are able to pull the plunger rod back, yet it doesn't cock
because the catch spring isn't firmly mounted on the bottom so you just have to slide the
plunger rod back to the uncocked position.
I did take pictures but I haven't uploaded them yet.

EDIT: (here are the picture[s]!) sorry for the bad quality
Posted Image
Posted Image
Just to see if I gutted anything extra, from your pics, it looks like I gutted alot more then I should've.
Posted Image
I DID TAKE THE HOT GLUE OFF (well actually when I cocked it the hot glue ripped off)
Also, the light is upside down, if you look closely you can see that

I'm sorry to say sir.. but if you'll look at my modifications to the inside of the light's shell, i did not cut out ALL the pieces of the inner tactical light shell.

**Posting a picture edited to explain how i put every thing in**

#170277 Titan Rifle Rocket

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 18 August 2008 - 12:18 PM in Modifications

Nice job.
You've done to Titan Missles what stefans did to regular darts. An alternative ammunition.

#170442 My New "pistol"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 18 August 2008 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Ahh, now i see what you were going for. Sounds (and looks!) like a great plan, my DS shell is all yours. :lol:

#170487 Cpvc Couplers

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 18 August 2008 - 11:31 PM in Modifications

Try a thin layer of e-tape.
Did that with the coupler on my BBB and it works wonderfully, although i screw it on instead of just pushing it in.

#170500 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 18 August 2008 - 11:48 PM in Modifications

I added a trigger!

And it comes from the battery pack cover off the original tactical light, so it looks even more like the light did without modification.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just hot glued on to the top of the catch plate with the little notch at the end of the cover. Works just by pressing down, and is now MUCH more comfortable. Now maybe i can USE it! :P

#170507 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

Its fine.
Well im assuming that you now do have a camera, so do you have plans on posting it? I've been hearing about all these other mods like this but no one can ever find them! I'd like to see what others have done with the tactical rail.

#170514 A Different Kind Of Crossbow...

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 12:36 AM in Modifications

Love it when POS-looking guns end up being deadly.

#170586 Firefly Modification And Painting Guide - Pic Heavy

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 11:25 AM in Modifications

this is why ive never been turned on to the idea of modding the firefly, even after modification its not really worth it (for me at least).

awwwwwwesome paintjob, though.

#170617 What Does A Sidearm Mean?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 12:45 PM in Modifications

A sidearm can be clasified as a pistol or similar gun that can be used quickly as a sort of backup weapon.
True Blacksunshine.

#170746 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

I posted it a while ago, here it is. I tried fixing the font and size last night and made it worse. :ph34r:

Thats really cool, i've never had any of the ATXKs before to try anything with them, but this looks really good. Nice job.

#170752 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

Sooo... the actual gun slides out of the controller? Is it on a tactical rail?

#170766 The "tactical Shot"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

Then i don't really see how that is anything like my mod.
Other than how the "gun" in the controller slides out like it says.

#170853 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 01:19 AM in Modifications

I've got the original LS spring in as well as another, sturdier, probably way too powerful for the longshot spring in, and its a bitch to prime. Last time i did I think i heard something snap, but i'll check to see if anythings damaged in the morning. I used to have the original and 2 maverick springs (they fit really well) in, but i was unsatisfied with the ranges.

So how many springs (and what springs) do you feel comfortable with in your Longshot? Also, what ranges if you can give them.

#170856 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 01:26 AM in Modifications

Maybe, but like having at least 2 springs in at once.

I believe someone, Ice i think, told me on youtube how he got crazy ranges by using a combination of 3 springs in his. And not to say anything bad about him, but i don't see how thats probable. And if he DID use 3, the same 3 as me, im not getting anywhere near as good range.

#170860 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 01:34 AM in Modifications

Such as..?

Mine with the 2 Mav springs and the original got maybe around 50-60 ft. flat. Maybe.

#170866 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 01:44 AM in Modifications

I would use a BBB spring if i had a spare one..
Maybe i'll try to buy one. Has anyone ever found one in a hardware store with similar qualities?

#170911 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 10:58 AM in Modifications

So how many springs (and what springs) do you feel comfortable with in your Longshot? Also, what ranges if you can give them.

You could use less springs or only one and just stretch the hell out of them.

Talk about the blind leading the blind. I don't usually advocate judging someone's expertise based on their post count, but here I might make an exception. Stretching a spring may give you a temporary increase in the force which is applied to the plunger, but the spring will quickly return to it's original state. On top of that, stretching the spring causes the spring to loose it's shape overall, which may result in the spring ending up weaker than it was before.

Don't worry, im not that dim. I know that fact. :D

my LS has a longshot spring recon spring a maverick spring and a nightfinder spring

Is it a bitch to prime?

#170914 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 11:14 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the suggestion, for some reason I always thought those had the reverse springs in them. (the ones that are stetched out as opposed to compressed)

#170932 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 12:48 PM in Modifications

I'm gonna try out the original, recon, and 2 mav springs and see how that works.

#170945 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

So i put in all the springs (listed above) and it gets maybe 60-65ft.
Oh well, my BBB is my primary gun anyways. I'll use the LS as a back up if I need it.

#170981 Splitlip's Vulcan Overhaul

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

I request, no, DEMAND a video be taken of this machine.

#170984 Splitlip's Vulcan Overhaul

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 August 2008 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

Very well.. but god i can't wait to see this.

#171218 Eliminator Internals

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 21 August 2008 - 10:51 AM in Modifications

Cool..how much was it?

#171421 The Scimitar

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 21 August 2008 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

Amazing..amazing work. I only wish that more guns were meant to be used as shields so we could have more mods that involve them.

#171681 Dart Tag Or Firefly

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 August 2008 - 10:26 PM in Modifications

Dart Tag. Firefly is....well, shit.

#171738 At2k Bic Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 August 2008 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

I just got my first (<3) AT2K this morning and i want the bic pen mod on it, but im not sure if you put the spring close to the air tank or let the pen separate them. Or do you completely take the spring out? Help?

#171744 At2k Bic Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 August 2008 - 10:59 AM in Modifications

Thought so. Thanks.