Kabigon's Content

There have been 18 items by Kabigon (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#276451 Big Salvo Help - Problem Solved.

Posted by Kabigon on 30 May 2010 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

To check where the tank leaks at, pump it up and put it underwater. Where the air bubbles are coming from is where its leaking.

#275969 Midwest Nerf Conglomerate

Posted by Kabigon on 25 May 2010 - 07:40 PM in General Nerf

zhopp13@gmail.com

#275851 Diy: Hopper Clips

Posted by Kabigon on 24 May 2010 - 07:39 PM in Darts and Barrels

I use a variety of barrel materials to make hopper clips. You can use anything you fancy, or anything that you can nest inside of 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC. Generally you want a pretty tight fit for springer, and a looser fit for "airguns". (Some people don't know this, *cough* Brit *cough*) Let's start with some CPVC, a great barrel material for springers.

I don't quite understand this. Hopper clips rely on gravity to do all the work, right? So if you have CPVC or something that is tight, how is the dart supposed to fall into the barrel? Sorry if I misunderstood something here, but I don't get it.

#275809 Semi-automatic Air Gun.

Posted by Kabigon on 24 May 2010 - 02:28 PM in Homemades

As for the check valve... I was talking about having a check valve at both intake and discharge. The pump is effectively a 6-inch 2"PVC tube, capped at one end, with some 3/4" end caps drilled into and attached to that cap.
A small rod goes through each of the endcaps to approx. halfway between the endcap and the 3/4"PVC I'm using to connect the endcap to the pump. On the ends of these small rods, I have a rubber disk, similar to the SNAP plunger heads. Intake, the edge of the disc is inside the tank end, and discharge, the edge of the disc is inside the endcap. A length of vinyl tubing is attached to each one of the 3/4" endcaps.

Plans I've made call to place the pump inside the stock and the tank directly in line with the barrel.

If I understand what you're saying, you made a homemade check valve? My Home Depot sells pre-made PVC check valves. Maybe yours will sell them too. Buying one from there, if they have it, might be alot easier than making your own.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to see this get completed. It sounds very interesting.

#274114 Universal Coupler Bbb Write-up

Posted by Kabigon on 05 May 2010 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

Then for your other barrels just wrap e-tape until it fits.

Electrical tape will eventually wear down and leave this black gunky stuff on your coupler.

So if that happens then I will sand it off, and put some more. Its not a problem.

I sense a misunderstanding
I was arguing that your version of the universal coupler is more reliable then Kabigons version, which is to just slap on a coupler and then wrap etape around the pipe until it fits.

Yeah it may be more reliable, but I'm lazy :D . Whatever floats your boat!

#273968 Universal Coupler Bbb Write-up

Posted by Kabigon on 03 May 2010 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

I find that a simpler way to make a universal system is just put a 1/2 inch pvc coupler on. Then for your other barrels just wrap e-tape until it fits.

Anyways, really good mod. I was looking for something to make me go out and buy a BBB.

#273855 Firefly With An At2k Tank Intergrated

Posted by Kabigon on 01 May 2010 - 10:42 PM in Modifications

Darn it, you beat me too it. I was doing something like this.

Really nice mod! Good use of spare parts

#270924 A New Singled Longshot.

Posted by Kabigon on 31 March 2010 - 10:30 PM in Modifications

That is absolutely amazing! Great Mod! I do have one question though. How long is the spring?

#270859 Cutting Down A Sm3k Tank?

Posted by Kabigon on 31 March 2010 - 11:45 AM in Modifications

Those bits are for rotating the turret.

Yes, they are dispensable, and unless there was some kind of molding defect in the tank, cutting them away will not cause leaking. I would stop cutting when they were reduced to 1/8" or so, though, rather than try to take the tank all the way down to round. It's reasonably likely the plastic sort of "dimpled" inside the tank where those attach, so leaving them as "ribs" for a little bit of strength is a good thing.

Thanks for helping me out!

#270853 Cutting Down A Sm3k Tank?

Posted by Kabigon on 31 March 2010 - 11:31 AM in Modifications

Hi, I was wondering if you could cut the pieces in red so it would be smaller and easier to integrate.
Posted Image
If you cut it would it puncture the tank making it useless?
Thank you for your help. If I can get it to work I will post a writeup for my mod.
Thanks again!

#270238 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Kabigon on 24 March 2010 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

So if I'm seeing this correctly. the shotgun shell is the pump stopper?

Um, I'm not sure what you mean by pump stopper? The shell is just the handle. It's purely cosmetic. What stops the pump from coming out is 3/4" PVC epoxied into the opening.

Oh, OK, thank you.

#270230 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Kabigon on 24 March 2010 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

So if I'm seeing this correctly. the shotgun shell is the pump stopper?

#268185 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by Kabigon on 05 March 2010 - 10:05 PM in Homemades

That is absolutely amazing! I wish I had half the skill you had. Anyways, this makes me want to go out and build a simple ball valve gun.

#265964 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by Kabigon on 18 February 2010 - 11:36 PM in Modifications

Sorry for double post...

moosa, Are you saying that tape measuring is the only reliable way to get ranges? If I'm not mistaken, most militarys around the world use them to measure out distances. They are 100% reliable, accurate, and consistent. Just because most people don't use them for measuring ranges for nerf doesn't mean that its not reliable. They are so much easier to use anyways. You don't have to unravel a 100 foot tape measure to get ranges, you just push a button. Anyways, our longest tape measure is 25 feet, and stock blasters go farther. So I used what I had available.

Who knows, mabey I'll start a trend? :P

#265959 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by Kabigon on 18 February 2010 - 11:29 PM in Modifications

Since he's measuring the distance standing up, the ranges are probably a little bit larger compared to if we used a tape measure flat on the ground. Imagine a right triangle, he's measuring the hypotenuse (Line BC on the diagram below), while we're measuring one of the sides (Line AB), Its gonna be a bit longer.
Posted Image
Also, its a foam ROCKET. Not a dart, it can sail through the air like a BBB arrow, which helps give it better ranges, and the added weight from the etape should help a bit too.

I did not think of the measuring while sanding up. So yes the ranges are probbably a little longer that what you guys measure with. Thanks!

#265876 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by Kabigon on 18 February 2010 - 02:11 PM in Modifications

It's $3 for three of them, already factory made, and it comes with some sort of little gun thing which looks like it might make a nice handle. I don't think the cost is that big an issue.

Good find with this. Nice ranges for a stock blaster shooting arrows. Are you going to go out and grab more?

Yes I plan to go out and grab more. Except that my family is pretty busy so we only really have time on the weekends.

..and it comes with some sort of little gun thing which looks like it might make a nice handle.

I've seen these before, and if I'm not mistaken the handle is hollow foam, and you squeeze your hand to shot it. It was $5 where I saw it, so needless to say I did not buy one to confirm my theory on the firing.

Yeah you squeeze the handle to shoot it. The missiles are actually pretty light so when you shoot it even on the squeeze gun they still spiral a little bit.

I applaud you for such a nice first post. Interesting idea, too.

Thank you!

You shot a weighted missile a hundred feet? Unless you angled that Berserker, I'm calling shenanigans on this one.

As I pointed out in my post my little sister was playing around with it and it broke. So I'm not saying it's perfectly level but I tried to make it as level as possible. And the missiles are actually slightly heavier, if not the same weight, as a stock tagger.

This is cool but how does the blaster that come with it work. Just to confirm.

You squeeze the handle.

Thanks for all the comments!

#265795 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by Kabigon on 17 February 2010 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

How accurate are they?

They are actually very accurate if you have the right amount of e-tape.

#265785 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by Kabigon on 17 February 2010 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

Hello! This is my first post, and I would like thank you guys for validating me! I hope to have a good time on the forums! Now lets get on to the modding...

What you will need:

1. Wall-Mart rocket thing that didn't even have a name. $3 and my dad found it in a checkout isle
2. Electrical tape

Sounds simple? Well it is!

First, here is a picture of the gun...
Posted Image
It really comes with three rockets, but I lost one already. And it doesn't come with the electrical tape added :D

Well, by now I assume you know what to do so grab some e-tape and a rocket.
Posted Image
Then grab some e-tape and wrap it around the front end until you are satisfied. There's a reason why I'm not listing a certain amount. There is no set amount of tape that you can add. For all three rockets I used the same amount of e-tape on the first try, and it worked for only one. You will need to test different amounts for every rocket. So you will need a little of trial and error to get it right. When you get it right it should fly straight. But that's part of modding!

Here's my finished product:
Posted Image

Now on to the good part that you guys want to know...RANGES.

For the ranges I used a Berserker with only the little orange tab on the missile launcher cut off.
Posted Image

To load:

The first time you will put it on it will be pretty tight. You will probably have to screw it on. After a few shots
the foam adjusts and it fits perfect.

Here is a shot of it loaded (sorry for the sunny pic)
Posted Image

RANGES:

All ranges were taken with a laser range finder. I tried to shoot it as level as possible, because our level just cracked thanks to our little sister.
Posted Image

Here is a picture showing a shot through the range finder. I was a pain to align it up so I only did it the first time. You can see the dart inbetween the 1.5 on this pic, so I did not aim where it landed, I saw where it hit so I'm not measuring dart skip.
Posted Image

I took three shots:

1. 31.5yd = 94.5 feet
2. 29.4yd = 88.2 feet
3. 30.7yd = 92.1 feet

I was very pleased with this mod and the arrows look like it was made for it.

Thanks for reading and any comments, questions, concerns? Any criticism is appreciated!