THIRST's Content

There have been 999 items by THIRST (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#354649 Looking back at 14 years in the LGLF...

Posted by THIRST on 28 June 2016 - 08:53 PM in Off Topic

Visting Crankymonky and Groove and THIRST*

#243755 Mother Of All Mod Contests Submissions

Posted by THIRST on 24 July 2009 - 11:37 PM in Modifications

Entry

#243642 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 24 July 2009 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

One for good measure.

#243641 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 24 July 2009 - 05:31 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Action
2 Darts
4 Darts
6 Darts
8 Darts
2 Darts: 90 feet
4 Darts: 80 feet
6 Darts: 70 feet
8 Darts: 60 feet.

Theres variation among the dart ranges within each set, (ex. 6 darts: 1 got 93, 2 got 60ish, etc), but those are the averages. Every 2 darts added decreases range by 10 feet approxamately.

#243640 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 24 July 2009 - 05:30 PM in Modifications

Now we will modify the gun.
The spring addition we will be using is the Ace hardware #115. You can see it below, inside the stock spring.

Posted Image

First we will reinforce the priming bar. Cut pieces of 0.15” brass and place them as shown. Glue epoxy below and above the pieces.

Posted Image

Then use 0.05” brass to reinforce the “L” shape of the priming bar. I used a combination of epoxy and another metal-plastic adhesive that has some flex.

Posted Image

Reinforce the end of the Plunger rod as shown below. Use a 0.05” brass One again, a combination of epoxy and another adhesive.

Posted Image

Now we will do the same thing the the reverse side, the tip of this end of the plunger rod.

Posted Image

Now reinforce both sides of where the trigger catches the plunger rod. Once again, 0.05” brass with epoxy and another adhesive.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Now we will reinforce the catch spring. First we cut a small section of K&S stock #106, 1/4 x 0.014 “ Rd Aluminum Tube. Epoxy this onto the trigger as shown. Our catch springs will line go inside this.

Posted Image

Cut a piece of sheet metal and epoxy it to the spring hole as shown. Then cut another piece of the aluminum tube that is slightly longer, and epoxy it to the sheet metal. Then place two new catch springs inside the tube. I used two springs that nested inside each other, each from a different “clicky-pen.”

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

When reassembling the trigger system, place the new catch spring inside the aluminum tubing on both the trigger and the aluminum tubing on the sheet metal. Keep the stock torsion spring in as an additional catch spring.

Now we will place some foam padding on the plunger cap. I used FBR and cut it down to fit. You don’t want it to reduce the overall draw though!

Posted Image
Posted Image

When everything is put back inside the gun, the plunger rod and priming bar will align as shown.

Posted Image

I placed some bike inner tube over my handle now to make it slightly more comfortable. Also, I made a single barrel, PETG inside 3/4” PVC. Goop to make it airtight.

#243639 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 24 July 2009 - 05:29 PM in Modifications

This will be a writeup for the double barrel, break action Pump Action Shotgun. The bulk of the mod writeup will consist of the barrel assembly, but for the sake of completeness, I will include information on how to attach it to a Pump Action Shotgun and how to mod one.

First, we will cut the stock off the PAS and then shorten the handle, in the manner shown below. This was done merely for the sake of comfort, as we will be extending the handle.

Posted Image

I used a piece of 1/2” PVC as the center of my handle, the pieces surrounding it are 3/4”. You should make it long enough so it is comfortable for you.

Posted Image

You will need to drill two 1” PVC endcaps in this manner. These should be centered as your barrels will attach to this. I used a 1/2” drill bit to drill the holes, they should be the same size as your barrel’s inner diameter. Make sure the distance between them will match the distance between your two barrels. The spacing will differ for each barrel material. How far apart they should be will become apparent once we glue the barrels together.

Posted Image

Now you will epoxy one half of the hinge to this end cap, in the manner shown below. Make sure you make it so the hinge goes the correct way. When the hinge is closed, both halves will rest on top of this end cap.

Posted Image

Take your two barrels and epoxy them together. I placed tape around them only to make sure they dry properly, in-place, and flush. The tape will be removed once the epoxy is completely dry. I have drilled out one end of the barrels so it is slightly easier to fit darts in.

Posted Image

On the end cap you haven’t glued the hinge to, you should use Plumber’s Goop to connect two o-rings to the hole. I used 1/2” o-rings, the thickness should match the distance between the two endcaps, when they are both attached to the hinge. The end-caps must be completely straight when the hinge is closed.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Epoxy the barrels into the end cap that is glued to the hinge as shown, make sure the barrels overlap the holes you drilled. Use plumber’s goop to at the base. The end you drilled out slightly will be closer to the end cap.

Posted Image

We will now attach the two end caps via the hinge. Use epoxy to connect the hinge to the other end cap.

Posted Image

It will close in the manner shown below.

Posted Image

We will attach a 1/2” to 3/4” PVC bushing to the PAS’ plunger cap. The OD of this top of the bushing is 1”, the ID is 3/4”. On the bottom, the ID is 1/2” and fits perfectly over the PAS’ brown plunger cap. Once again, we will use a combination of epoxy and plumber’s goop. The epoxy will hold the piece on, the goop will be used to make sure there no air leaks.

Posted Image

You will now cut a space for the hexagonal base of the bushing. You can use a dremel or metal file to make the bushing fit. Then place the PAS’ plunger cap back in the gun.

Posted Image

It’s important you have let the hinge set and cure for the full length before doing this step. On the end cap without the o-rings, epoxy on a piece of aluminum sheet metal, make sure to drill it out where the holes for the barrel are. I used 0.1” sheet metal, but what you use may differ based on the size of your hinge and o-rings. Once again, we are doing this to create a perfect seal between the two end caps. I have also placed a single layer of e-tape with circles cut out for the barrel.

Posted Image

It’s very important that this seal is air tight. Attach neodynium magnets to the top of the end caps with epoxy, making sure opposite poles face eachother. I used a 14 lb and a 22 lb magnet. What strength you use is a matter of personal opinion. I imagine anything over 10 lb will be strong enough to seal the hinges. You can see that my magnets are not flush, this will prevent the magnets from slamming together and breaking the epoxy’s bond.

Posted Image

Your barrel is now complete.

#243638 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 24 July 2009 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

This is a writeup for a break action barrel system. I have it attached to a PAS and with two barrels, but it can easily be adapted for a single barrel and any other gun. I have used CPVC, but as always, any barrel material will work.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Action
2 Darts
4 Darts
6 Darts
8 Darts

Theres variation among the dart ranges within each set, (ex. 6 darts: 1 got 93, 2 got 60ish, etc), but those are the averages. Every 2 darts added decreases range by 10 feet approxamately.

#233063 Blood And Bandages

Posted by THIRST on 28 May 2009 - 02:33 PM in Modifications

some people may as well do some work to improve the system.
[...]
a new shell design

What is new about this shotgun barrel attachment?

#231679 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 21 May 2009 - 12:28 PM in Modifications

Double barrel aside, this is a brilliant idea for coupler'd guns all around. Definitely gonna have to make my own design...

The fact that the barrel stays attached to the gun makes loading easier, since you have one hand totally free (not holding your coupler'd barrel). However, one thing you do have to get use to is that when running, if shaking the gun too much and the barrel comes partially up, it can lock into place. That is, the magnets are strong enough to close the hinge if you bring barrel part of the way up. Using weaker magnets might still allow it to be airtight while pulling the barrel in until it the hinge is fully closed.

Putting a small peice of ducktape on the underside of the hinge reduces movement, making it easier to load, while still being able to flip it up. I could use another magnet setup to make the barrel stay down in the loading position, but then I wouldn't be able to flip it up. Anyways the ducktape is an easy solution.

#231444 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 19 May 2009 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

Anyways, does the PVC fit so that it's perfectly aligned so that each barrel gets equal airflow, or did you just glue them as best you could? Does one barrel fire better in general?

They are aligned with equal airflow, and no barrel fires better than the other. Thats just a case of measuring out where you want to drill the holes.

#231435 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 19 May 2009 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

What did you use for a lock to keep the barrels erect? And please don't sig me on that.

Magnets right? How hard was it to make it seal? Also, your handle is very nice looking as well.

14 lb. pull and 25 lb. pull grade 42 and 45 neodynium magnets. Not hard, and thanks.

#231389 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 19 May 2009 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

I noticed that you have a interchangeable barrel system rigged up there, what are the coupler sizes? How is that piece extending from the gun fit your 1/2 PVC inside, while have a coupler outside? (not at the same time of course)

The base coupler is a 1/2 to 1 inch coupler, and the other 2 endcaps are 1 inch. The 1/2 to 1 inch coupler has an inner diameter of 3/4 inch pvc, so I put petg in a 3/4 inch pvc length to make it fit inside.

Nice innovative mod. How's the seal? Any air loss?

Overall great mod I would have never thought of that!

I love how you used the hinges, and use a double barrel method.

Does it have any air loss when youre using the double barrel attachment?

No air loss to speak of. when I plug the barrels no air leaks out at the o-rings, so I'll say its airtight.

Wooaaa it's THIRST?!

Guy's like a living legend on here. I'd just like to say thank you Thirst for your semi auto concept. That was the first thing on the NIC that really got me thinking.

Thanks nerfer34, My ego just smiled. I'm glad it was useful to you.

#231375 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 19 May 2009 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

Nice mod, something I'm gonna have to do sooner or later. I have a question about the loading. As we all know, springers work better with a tight barrel as opposed to a looser one. With your current set-up, how hard is it to load 4 darts down one barrel?

Easy, as shown in the video. But Cpvc is the tightest barrel material. The darts I used seem to be pretty thin.

#231373 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 19 May 2009 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

Long had a dreamed of a PAS that could be flipped down to be loaded. Even longer had I dreamed of a double barrel PAS and you made both. Is there a writeup anywhere? This gun out and out rocks.

I have all the pictures for the writeup I just have yet to do it. Its not even necessary though...the pictures posted kind of says it all. Theres no hidden fusion reactor.

Have you done any sort of range testing for the double barrel attachment?

#231364 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 19 May 2009 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

That's really, really cool. One question, why are the videos in cranky's account?

I burgled his house and took all his base.

We're brothers, and we share that account.

#231362 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 19 May 2009 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Magnets right? How hard was it to make it seal? Also, your handle is very nice looking as well.

14 lb. pull and 25 lb. pull grade 42 and 45 neodynium magnets. Not hard, and thanks.

#231355 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 19 May 2009 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

The only thing that I could be a problem is that this seems hard to load when running.

Not harder than any other method of loading a dart, besides for the standard front loading. Its faster than the other methods.

#231346 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by THIRST on 19 May 2009 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Action
2 Darts
4 Darts
6 Darts
8 Darts

#230772 Semi-auto 2k Prototype-its A Start

Posted by THIRST on 17 May 2009 - 12:07 PM in Modifications

I was thinking of getting a reverse push-release valve, and put it under the MS trigger like the stock release valve use to be. So in theory, the valve is always open, and when you press the trigger, if closes, but also fires the shot. That would be a staged trigger though, not opening both functions at the same time. Do you think this would be better?

Hell yeah, do it.

#230695 Semi-auto 2k Prototype-its A Start

Posted by THIRST on 16 May 2009 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

Thats cool Merzlin...I think you made it better. Good progress haha. Glad to see its useful after all this time. Where are you going to place that second middle valve on the gun? I would put it in the handle below the trigger with the pin sticking out in the same direction of the trigger to operate it with the same hand on the handle, just a lower finger.

#229366 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by THIRST on 10 May 2009 - 01:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

#154121 Summer Dcno

Posted by THIRST on 01 May 2008 - 01:43 PM in Nerf Wars

That thing broke on my balls...But actually I do think it broke.

#154037 Summer Dcno

Posted by THIRST on 30 April 2008 - 05:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I think 24th should be fine for me.

#101397 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by THIRST on 25 March 2007 - 10:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Great war guys, I hope I'm not alone when I say I had a lot of fun. Thanks for coming down everyone, and thanks to Jordan and Steve for the cool pictures.

Yeah, someone shot me in the ear on the hill, I think it was Jordan.

Rambo for what its worth we all love you.

know neone offhand wit sum green?

#99200 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by THIRST on 03 February 2007 - 02:05 PM in Nerf Wars

is there an updated list of whos coming

#92052 Fall Dcno?

Posted by THIRST on 16 October 2006 - 08:48 PM in Nerf Wars

As promised:

A cornicopia of fun.

Nice to meet Ted, Austin, Hombre, Veggie, Navy 1,Navy 2, NerfMonky, and of course to see everyone again who I havn't seen in awhile...

___
-I tried to holster my splitfire in my pants and it went off right on the "danger zone". Owch.
-Running headfirst on around a corner to Dean beause I couldnt slow down fast enough--but I shot from a foot away so no taps haha.
-When using my magstrike 80% of the people that I tagged were from barrel taps--dont misunderstand me, its not skill, its how terrible the accuracy was.
-Finally finding a gun i feel comfy with--SS2--then buying one and modding it (thanks Hombre).
-Ompa's amazing clipfed homemade guns' ranges and accuracy--ompa was kicking ass
-i think Rambo actually tried to use the shotty titan for one round. He missed his one shot and then realized how disadvantaged he really was.
-when i was using my blastfire and i slipped on the wet grass head first and turned it into a "movie" slide...and then hit no one.
-Ted had a surplus of simply great reliable guns (thanks for lending me the ss2)
-Nerfmonky's awsome bigblast
-Rambo brought a huge amount of xyience :D
-The first time I touched the ss2 i got like 4 kills in a row when hersh proceeded to take vengeance with his amn nice crossbow
-groove complaining about his splitfire on his xbow...but jordan...you got me out a craplot with the splitfire and i dont think any times with the crossbow itself haha.
-bernie actually thought i was halfway decent with the blastfire...geeze what a mistake using that gun was hahah.
-Ted, Austin, and someone else making some really close shots from the end of the gauntlet on the ramp to where a few of us were behind the corner. The reason I couldnt identify the third person was because I was too busy trying not to get tagged out as darts whistled inches from my face...nice
That was great guys...after wrestling season we are definatly setting up another.
-hombre and me teaming up...damn cool
-towards the end i went ninja and barrel tapped a bunch of people...then i snuck up on ted and missed ahahha

I know I forgot a bunch of great times/teamwork and stuff but damn everyone at this was was skilled and cool. After wrestling season I hope to see everyone again, and thanks to everyone for coming down. NerfMonky, I found your 12 inch brass/pvc nested barrel and your sports glasses, so dont worry.

#90205 Noob Asking About Long Shot

Posted by THIRST on 22 September 2006 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

Thanks Sam, Looks pretty nice.

#90197 Noob Asking About Long Shot

Posted by THIRST on 22 September 2006 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

Hey Thirst, you have 1000+ posts and you say that you are new? Okay, the longshot is supposed to rock, but I haven't got mine that way yet for my lack of barrelling materials. It is thirty dollars and is avaliable at Toys R' Us, Wal-Mart, and Target. I hope that sums it up for you.

Hmm thats is weird...1000+ posts...some new bug?

Anyone got internal pics and ranges?

#90193 On The Subject Of Pineapples

Posted by THIRST on 22 September 2006 - 06:34 PM in Off Topic

Hows it going Piney? ^_^

PINEY EDIT: Thirst! Where have you been! Come back! :)

#90192 Noob Asking About Long Shot

Posted by THIRST on 22 September 2006 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

Hey, I'm new around here so cut me some slack please...Sorry I couldnt search due to my excessive exhuastion...So how is the long shot in general, and how much does it cost?

#90191 Fall Dcno?

Posted by THIRST on 22 September 2006 - 06:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Yo, I'll see if I can get of work...(99.5%)

#80967 Thirst

Posted by THIRST on 28 April 2006 - 11:01 PM in Off Topic

Thanks guys :(

#79638 C.s.h.g.

Posted by THIRST on 11 April 2006 - 08:42 PM in Homemades

Wow, nice...That's all that needs to be said.

#74691 Scope Mod!

Posted by THIRST on 28 February 2006 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

I really hate that, it was a stolen idea and counterproductive to society.

- No-iD -

Are you seriously going to look through a useless and fake scope that isnt calibrated before you fire while your rushing at the other time?
Note: No-iD has the same avatar as me, so many people will glance at the avatar and think it is him

#74520 An In-line, High Capacity Clip

Posted by THIRST on 27 February 2006 - 12:43 PM in Homemades

Blue arch nerfer and BMZ will tell you when I tried to make an automatic homemade (was 6-8 months ago, for tinh), I used something very very similar to that barrel design. I dont know how the hell you got yours to work, but mine didn't. One or two darts would fire, then none would. All the air would escape, pushing the darts to the side. It was based off of a type of homemade automatic airsoft gun barrel, but I put it horizontally, like yours.

:S How did your work ><

#74379 R-clip Blast Bazooka

Posted by THIRST on 26 February 2006 - 01:42 PM in Modifications

Impressive, I really like it.

#71497 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by THIRST on 22 January 2006 - 06:55 PM in Nerf Wars

This war can be described in many ways.

"Wow"-New York Times

"Brilliantly exciting"-Chicago Tribune

"Too cool for school"-Washington Post

"More exciting then a Hurricane"-Orlando Sentinel

Me and Dean showed up at 10, Hersh and Jordan Mosie'd in around 10:45, then Akira Chris and Juno came a bit later. At around 11:45 some basketball players were near us, having a 4v4 game. They came over, interested. apparatently, they all paintballed and/or airsofted quite frequently. They all really liked nerf. Another kid Kyle came it. This brought us up to 16 people. We had 8v8, with perfect even teams. It was beautiful. There was not a single disupute of getting hit, everyone was quite cool. There was no bitching arguing or fighting. The basketball players were also really good, so all the teams were even and challenged. It was focking amazing. Some really awsome shots. We went out to lunch, we all went to California Tortilla, and you wouldn't beleive this...My friend was the cashier and we all got free burrittos. We drove back for more nerfing, and as we combed for darts, I found $50 under the portable. Pretty sweet, I must say. Anyways, this was followed by several more hours of the best nerfing I have ever done/witnessed. Wow. Between all the nice shots and dodges...The turnout was amazing. 16 people was friggin awsome to nerf with. We stopped nerfing at 6:30. It was not dark or cold out at all. Perfect. Thanks for coming down Jordan and Hersh!

Oh, and to those people who dicked out at the last second, you just missed the best nerf event of your lives. Its a shame really, you would have had the most amazing amount of fun unrivaled in this hemisphere. Maybe next time.

#71416 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by THIRST on 21 January 2006 - 08:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I coming, Dean aint.

#70106 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by THIRST on 29 December 2005 - 05:40 PM in Nerf Wars

My deck will own you.

Not only is my deck wrapped in a veil of mystery so you will be unprepared when facing it...It has also never lost. And if it has lost, which is very likely, then I must have forgotten.

Also, I dont know why Dean said we'd only be there part of the day, but if it is because of wrestling (Which I dont know the shedule 1 month in advance) then I wpont be going at all. Due to my abscence, I am almost positive the rounds will last longer, as I am not hindering my team and getting them all killed. Or was that Dean? I always get us 2 mixed up.

#69377 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by THIRST on 17 December 2005 - 08:37 AM in Off Topic

I remember you, long time no see.