chavez guy's Content

There have been 127 items by chavez guy (Search limited from 27-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#326974 Reddit.

Posted by chavez guy on 18 February 2013 - 04:09 PM in Off Topic

'Tis true, NH needs to develop some fort of way to better filter results based on "good or bad" responses.

I think that is the complete opposite of what he is saying. Beaver is arguing that the upvote/downvote system is actually detrimental to finding good content.
Plus, the system we have here is perfectly fine in my opinion. If it follows the rules and shares new information, then the mods and admins leave it alone. If it doesn't, it gets locked. Seems fine to me.

#326967 Reddit.

Posted by chavez guy on 18 February 2013 - 02:02 PM in Off Topic

I love /r/AskHistorians!

On topic though, most of the (good) stuff you would find on /r/nerf exists here in the mod/pj thread or wars forum. As much as I love Reddit, that particular subreddit isn't really anything special.

#322583 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by chavez guy on 14 October 2012 - 11:20 AM in Off Topic

If it hasn't already been mentioned/isn't already there, I would like to see some Regular Show avatars.

#321593 CWC modified Titan - "Pegasus"

Posted by chavez guy on 12 September 2012 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

Holy fuck. If everyone used the right safety gear and all had one of these, that would be like a crazy-ass fun war.

I don't normally go all crazy over people's shit, but I effing love this thing. Major kudos. Keep up the good work.

#321399 Vinyl Tubing Slugs

Posted by chavez guy on 05 September 2012 - 07:06 PM in Darts and Barrels

Out of curiosity, could someone explain to me the need for metal free darts? I feel like I missed a discussion a while back, because all of a sudden there are "metal free dart" posts, and honestly I thought darts with metal were just fine, haha.

#321302 Optimized Mad Ghost!

Posted by chavez guy on 01 September 2012 - 10:05 AM in Homemades

Oh, duh. That seems obvious in retrospect, especially since he was referring to the mad ghost . I was imagining glue domes wrapped in E-tape until they fit in PVC.

#321297 Optimized Mad Ghost!

Posted by chavez guy on 01 September 2012 - 12:49 AM in Homemades

Host your picture on an internet hosting site, and use that URL. It cannot link to your computer. Try imgur.com, flickr.com, and photobucket.com for image hosting.

And out of curiosity, what do you mean by "electrical tape darts"? I have a feeling that wrapping your darts in e-tape may be causing a loss in range.

#320807 New Dart Forum and New Moderator

Posted by chavez guy on 21 August 2012 - 09:10 PM in News

Today is exactly ten years to the day since Nerfhaven.com was started

I'm assuming a birthday thread is still unacceptable in this scenario?

#320680 Fantasy Football anyone?

Posted by chavez guy on 19 August 2012 - 01:06 PM in Off Topic

i wa just throwing the idea out here...

I did not mean it to sound like an attack, I was just genuinely curious. I have like no idea how FF works, and I didn't know if there was some sort of benefit for making a league for all of us as opposed to those who want to play make their own league.

#320679 Hey Guys, iNerfHaven Dev Here UPDATED ANDROID VERSION TO BETA 4

Posted by chavez guy on 19 August 2012 - 01:02 PM in General Nerf

Instead of bagging on him, why not just ignore the thread? If you don't like his product, don't buy it.

How would you feel if everybody who didn't like your rockets went and starting shitting all over your sales thread Draconis?

Granted, most of us won't use his product, but it isn't like it is hurting anyone. If you want an Android app, make it yourself.

#320675 Fantasy Football anyone?

Posted by chavez guy on 19 August 2012 - 12:10 PM in Off Topic

Amazing, What's coming out lists & idea threads are pounced upon without remorse by the dusc I meen moderators but this one goes unmolested

If I am understanding you correctly, that is because those type of threads are annoying as fuck and against the rules. The reason this hasn't been shut down (i'm assuming) is because it is in the off topic section and is actually constructed nicely unlike a large chunk of off topic threads.

But OP, what would the benefit be of starting a league for nerfhaven?

#320674 Hey Guys, iNerfHaven Dev Here UPDATED ANDROID VERSION TO BETA 4

Posted by chavez guy on 19 August 2012 - 12:01 PM in General Nerf

Personally I like the orange a bit better because eff yeah bright colors.

But the blue looks more nerfhavenish.

#320409 Nerf Maverick

Posted by chavez guy on 13 August 2012 - 12:22 PM in Modifications

What else can I do?

Scroll down to where is says "maverick"

I'd like to get some PETG tubing

Once you are no longer an FNG, check out the trading forum and get someone to sell it to you. As of right now I don't think there are any dedicated vendors. But I could be wrong.

#320302 Nitron pistol /w Interesting find

Posted by chavez guy on 10 August 2012 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

That's going to look incredibly silly

So do a bunch of adults running around shooting each other with plastic toys, but that doesn't seem to deter most of us.

#320184 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by chavez guy on 08 August 2012 - 10:31 PM in General Nerf

Well apparently I stand corrected.

#320178 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by chavez guy on 08 August 2012 - 09:59 PM in General Nerf

Does anyone else see the elite blasters making the longshot obsolete soon? They can be modded similarly to how a longshot can in a way that achieves the same ranges, without having to pay $70.

The reason I bring this up, is because if longshots go obsolete, so with longshot boltsleds. And while this is definitely a...shiny...product if nothing else, by the time these are produced enough to lower the cost, the longshot itself will probably be as obsolete as the slide breech is now.

Either way, that is one nice looking boltsled. It is a shame nobody can see it once it is inside the blaster.

#319961 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by chavez guy on 05 August 2012 - 11:16 AM in Off Topic

I greatly appreciate you including me in this list of possible subjects. I am quite willing to help in any way possible.

I think he was referring to that wannabe vampire guy.

Anyways, it might be a good idea to include different dart making methods used throughout the ages. i.e. glue domes, slugs, etc. Speaking of slugs, include Captain Slug. Even though he isn't around anymore, he did contribute a lot of great stuff.

Include the angel breech, the hopper, the RSCB and whatever other loading mechanisms you may find out there.
Include the 4B and it's modern OPV relocated variants.
Plus-bow.
X-bow.
Kane's HAMP. Those are pretty cool.

Besides those specifics, look into some of the origins of the NIC and some of the first popular blasters and modifications that came a lot with it. Mention popular wars (Armageddon, Apocalypse etc.)
Make sure, however, you don't make us all look like even bigger nerds than we already are.

#318701 AT3K Question

Posted by chavez guy on 17 July 2012 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

I've tried hoppering a 3k. From my experience, it doesn't work very well. There isn't really enough air-tank volume to make effective use of the hopper. It has high pressure, but that doesn't do the trick because while the air is going really fast after the trigger pull, it isn't really enough air to push the dart out of the hopper with a large velocity. The reason 4Bs, titans, and other absurdly sized air-tanks work so well is because they release a shit ton of air. Even if the air isn't going that fast (due to the oprv), it is still enough air to push the dart out.

Of course, I AM just talking out of my ass here. One of you science-y people want to verify/correct what I just said?

#317478 Prototype WHIP-S2

Posted by chavez guy on 24 June 2012 - 12:27 PM in Homemades

Nota: No puedo usar acentos, tengo un teclado ingles.

Si estás en un PC, usa Alt + 130, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 164

éáíóúñÑ

#316566 Scout IX-3 Modification

Posted by chavez guy on 05 June 2012 - 05:45 PM in Modifications

Nice, but there isn't anything really in here that already hasn't been done.
But keep up the good work!

#316112 Adhesive recommendation - Nerf plastic to epoxy putty

Posted by chavez guy on 24 May 2012 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

I would personally use superglue, but apparently it isn't the best option according to others on this thread.
Whichever one you use, but sure that you rough up the surfaces being glued with either sandpaper or a file. That will provide more surface area and stuff for the adhesive to grab onto.

#315920 Air Tank Tube Connection

Posted by chavez guy on 20 May 2012 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

plastic barbs

I use the ones from McMaster. For like 2 bucks USD you can get 10.

However I'm not sure if McMaster still ships to US only, or if it also ships to the mysterious land known as Canada.

#315219 Welcoming New Moderators and a Contributor

Posted by chavez guy on 04 May 2012 - 09:00 PM in News

I have an idea. Let's all kiss Beaver's ass, and tell him how much he owns us.

By the way, what ever happened to VACC and Talio? Haven't seen them around here for a while.

#315184 CPVC

Posted by chavez guy on 04 May 2012 - 08:36 AM in General Nerf

Thanks Chavez_Guy.

Yeah no problem. If you ever have any questions about where to find something let me know.

#315154 CPVC

Posted by chavez guy on 03 May 2012 - 05:44 PM in General Nerf

I keep forgetting that it takes forever to drive anywhere in California - I didn't realize San Diego was like three hours from LA (I somehow envisioned that they were pretty much the same city).

Oh yeah. People seem to have that misconception. I had cousins that thought that San Francisco was a 2 hour drive from here.
But it would be nice if there were a larger nerf community here. My local friends have only shown a small interest, but only if I supply everything haha.

But yeah, CPVC. Not easy to find here.

#315112 CPVC

Posted by chavez guy on 02 May 2012 - 05:38 PM in General Nerf

FINALLY Another San Diego Nerfer!

I have been waiting ages for this day.

Aherm, back on track. The ferguson plumbing has some, but it is super pricey. I just got some at Mission Valley pipe on Mission Gorge road.

#314982 Plunger Seals and Lube

Posted by chavez guy on 29 April 2012 - 06:32 PM in Modifications

I use lithium grease from the brand Lucas Oil. It has been working perfectly fine for me for like 6 months now. No corrosion or anything. It comes in a blue tube, and I got it at home depot.

#314174 Happy Easter from the North!

Posted by chavez guy on 09 April 2012 - 08:25 AM in Off Topic

Now do it with a Kinder egg.

Do they well Kinder eggs here in the US?

#314165 Baby Bottle Hopper

Posted by chavez guy on 08 April 2012 - 08:46 PM in Darts and Barrels

Posted Image

Out of complete curiosity why is there a second barrel taped to the bottom of your hopper's barrel?
Not a criticism, but since this isn't the first time I have seen this I want to know if there is a reason for this.

#313897 Spider Man Dart Tag Blaster

Posted by chavez guy on 02 April 2012 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

I don't see what good plugging your tank will do. But if you insist go right ahead.

Unless you meant plugging the pump.
If this is the case, check the mod directory. Write ups for said blaster exist. However nobody will tell you what ranges YOU will get. You have to figure that out on your own.

Good luck.

#313770 Baby Bottle Hopper

Posted by chavez guy on 31 March 2012 - 12:43 AM in Darts and Barrels

You should invest in a pair of knee pads.

I laughed so hard when I read that.

But on topic, I recall you (MIG) saying somewhere you hate hoppers. Is this the change in hoppers you were looking for to make them suited to your nerf connoisseur tastes?

#313270 Problems w/ Aftermarket Spring

Posted by chavez guy on 21 March 2012 - 08:23 AM in Modifications

I don't see why Ozymandias crossed out his post, but that is actually what I was gonna say. 2 inches is really short.

Although an RSCB on a nitefinder doesn't seem like it would too well anyways. Try an inline clip.

#313239 Alpha Trooper Massacer Kit review

Posted by chavez guy on 20 March 2012 - 09:20 PM in General Nerf

could u let me post your ranges for the alpha cause my darts are crap and it wouldn't be the best results

Then how were you able to give an accurate review of the kit when you didn't even know the effect on good darts?

#313189 Formatting in Sigs and Posts

Posted by chavez guy on 19 March 2012 - 08:53 PM in Site Feedback

Please don't take this as me telling you how to do your job, but I have a suggestion. There are a lot of random posts and topics scattered about by you, and other admins throughout NH history in multiple different subforums (Like cx's post you linked to). And a lot of the rules posted in said posts aren't in the code of conduct or linked to in the new member guide.

For somebody who has been lurking a while, it is pretty easy to figure it out, but now with the much better, faster member system, you don't need to lurk for ages before getting validated, and thus you might not see the old posts with the more detailed rules.

Granted, it might be a good idiot filter, but to newcomers it might be a little confusing.

Food for thought.

Thanks for reading Langley.

#313011 Help with Longstrike!

Posted by chavez guy on 17 March 2012 - 10:42 AM in Modifications

this happened to me as well! :lol: what i did is just put your knees on the shell make as closed as possible then put the screws on were its bulging then put the remaining screws were you could fit em. then come back to the screws in the bulging place and go at em again. ( dont try on the first time to put the screws to tight and dont try to strip them either) you might have little creases but its better then nothing.

Can't tell if trolling, or what.

You NEVER EVER want to do that because you can deform your shell, and/or break or bend the interior parts.

Keep fiddling with the internals until you get them to fit. Even if you have to take them all out and put them in again. Just DO NOT force it closed.

The parts that are out of alignment might actually be away from the trigger and magwell area. Make sure the plunger and breech assembly are all properly aligned, the boltsled especially.

#312905 White lithium grease?

Posted by chavez guy on 15 March 2012 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

Yes, I use it on mine and it works perfectly. O-rings do not corrode.

I use the Lucas Oil stuff in the blue tube from home-depot. But I am assuming all white lithium grease is the same shizz.

#312826 DoubleShot streamline capability mod

Posted by chavez guy on 13 March 2012 - 11:58 PM in Modifications

I've never fucking seen anyone remove just the tips of the pegs, maybe hes only limited to stock guns, and would like to use all type of ammo? Seems useful to me.

And no, the goal is not show something that hasn't been explained before, otherwise there wouldn't be countless writeups of a coupler'd Nitefinder. The goal is to post useful content that may help another person achieve a similar result that you did.

Woah chill out man. And last time I checked, when somebody does a write up of something that has already been done before (AR removals, couplerings, etc.) I always see people chastise them for it, then an admin or mod comes around and tells the OP to post something more original. At least from what I have seen. You could be right though. I'm just stating what I've seen around.

#312816 DoubleShot streamline capability mod

Posted by chavez guy on 13 March 2012 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

Nice job with the mod, but this isn't anything original at all.

Keep working though.

The goal when posting a write-up is to show how to do a modification that hasn't been explained before and/or is completely original and never before seen on the Haven.

#312674 How I deal with spiders

Posted by chavez guy on 10 March 2012 - 01:30 PM in General Nerf

I hope people don't see this and then think nerf is about murdering animals.

#312657 I was hacked on NH...

Posted by chavez guy on 09 March 2012 - 11:34 PM in Site Feedback

Sounds like something you should talk to Langley about.