BustaNinja's Content

There have been 1000 items by BustaNinja (Search limited from 30-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#286214 Newno 2010

Posted by BustaNinja on 28 September 2010 - 06:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Holy shit, two pictures of us sitting on our asses and not Nerfing. That is some quality documentation. Also, an entirely accurate representation of this war. And, damn, was it a fine day to sit around in the park.

Remember those little black kids who ran around with our shit?

#286205 Has Anyone Considered Making/using Sights?

Posted by BustaNinja on 28 September 2010 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

Shoot from the hip. It works.

Or use your barrel to line up your target. That works too.

Nerf blasters do not behave like normal firearms, so most assumptions that go into the design of iron sights are not applicable.

And as fome said, tilt your hopper 45 degrees to the right. They feed just fine, and it allows you to see your barrel.

Rambo tha tmotherfucker!

Yeah, I did full rambo shooting, and I was as accurate as I am "aiming"

#286204 Newno 2010

Posted by BustaNinja on 28 September 2010 - 02:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Hoards of puss.... Fuck, How'd you know Son?

Naw, we played some rounds, hit up Wendy's, Axman, then chilled. Then I went a nailed some cute teenagers. It was chill.

#286163 Pull-back To Pump-action Conversion - Snap

Posted by BustaNinja on 27 September 2010 - 07:58 PM in Homemades

Thanks durka.

I'm a little perplexed over the apparent lack of interest in this, especially from the more experienced SNAP builders, but whatever.

Maybe they don't like wood.

SNAP builders enjoy a perplexingly large amount of vagina, so they typically shy away from wood...

Lol, sex joke.

Eh, I honestly like it Fome. it makes it look like a toy, and it is a toy. Its awesome.

#286050 Newno 2010

Posted by BustaNinja on 25 September 2010 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh shit, I missed it. It was today right?

#286029 Xbow Stock Length Question

Posted by BustaNinja on 25 September 2010 - 07:36 AM in General Nerf

Post pictures of your busted up Crossbow, along with a meter stick sitting next to it. If you do that for me, I can tell you exactly how long the Crossbow needs to be. It'd be some pretty simple algebra. Better yet, make a new stock that fits you.

#286012 Newno 2010

Posted by BustaNinja on 24 September 2010 - 09:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Its at Newell right? I should ride my fixie down there, and be a douche.

#285951 Seriously Fuck Off Topic...but This Is Funny

Posted by BustaNinja on 23 September 2010 - 08:32 PM in Off Topic

The world sucks cock.

You suck cock.

You suck the world's cock!

Ted, you're easily my favorite person on this site.

#285945 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by BustaNinja on 23 September 2010 - 07:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I play Synth....

We all play Synth...

Yes, modding pow wows are awesome. We dance naked around Nerf guns n shit.

#285939 Seriously Fuck Off Topic...but This Is Funny

Posted by BustaNinja on 23 September 2010 - 05:35 PM in Off Topic

Just read the story in the link in that thread...wow.

TL;DR

EDIT: I have discovered that some members of the forum are illiterate when it comes to juvenile internet jargon. TL;DR means "Too Long; Didn't Read. Care to provide some cliff notes?

These new kids don't even know what Cliff Notes are... Seriously, I asked some kids if they knew about Cliff notes, and they all were like "Is that like Spark Notes"?

The world sucks cock.

#285934 Newno 2010

Posted by BustaNinja on 23 September 2010 - 04:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh.......it's on Sunday. I'll try and make it to at least part of it, hopefully I'll get enough homework done ahead of time. Having it on Sunday is bittersweet for me but I'll try and make it work.

Your a fucking Sophomore. The only homework you should have is trying to be less socially awkward.

#285893 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by BustaNinja on 22 September 2010 - 09:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Taco Anal Taco Energetic Man-orgy

This was Tater trying to spell out Tatem in sham military.

#285872 Seriously Fuck Off Topic...but This Is Funny

Posted by BustaNinja on 22 September 2010 - 03:23 PM in Off Topic

Not gonna lie, Nerf will never get you closer to poon. There was a time where I was like "I would totally ask a girl to Nerf with me" until really found out the truth. No girl will ever want to hide your white chocolate bar if you tell her about your vintage SM3k.

#285871 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by BustaNinja on 22 September 2010 - 03:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I am looking into the 34th's current mission capability, but I can promise nothing at this point.

Copy that Delta.

#285789 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by BustaNinja on 20 September 2010 - 08:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I hate you all.

I'll dress like you.

#285751 Insane Bna

Posted by BustaNinja on 19 September 2010 - 09:18 PM in Homemades

It was an old navy colt. They loaded it up with a standard black powder charge, and filled the tip of a cut down streamline dart with like some lead shot or something. They shot it at their friend, hitting him in the nut sack, and he had to be driven to the hospital with a ruptured nut sack.

Anyway, Bows? Right right right.

#285724 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by BustaNinja on 19 September 2010 - 12:25 PM in Nerf Wars

We're driving down with at least 3 (more likely 4) people, and need a place to crash the night before. Anyone have crash space available?

Beaver, who all is going? Message me here or on facebook or something. I think i'd be all for a road trip.

#285660 Insane Bna

Posted by BustaNinja on 18 September 2010 - 11:39 AM in Homemades

I am still not believin 180+ with a 45 degree angle. Maybe with like wind, and arrows, but not with tiny Nerf darts.

#285650 Insane Bna

Posted by BustaNinja on 18 September 2010 - 10:25 AM in Homemades

Yeah, I bet you I could throw the bow that far.

What?

I'm saying your ranges are completely bullshit.

#285648 Insane Bna

Posted by BustaNinja on 18 September 2010 - 09:53 AM in Homemades

Yeah, I bet you I could throw the bow that far.

#285646 The Most Importantest Birthday Ever!

Posted by BustaNinja on 18 September 2010 - 08:56 AM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday, Gearz. May you surround yourself with easy women, a mountain of alcohol, and a steady supply of new sheets.

#285616 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by BustaNinja on 17 September 2010 - 09:40 PM in Nerf Wars

While I may have all of college to get laid, I find a great appeal in finding sophomore and junior chicks to hook up with. Maybe its just me.

#285596 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by BustaNinja on 17 September 2010 - 03:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Its gonsta be during the day right? I would say we should all go party, but something tells me "Hey guys, meet my Nerf friends" wont get anyone laid.

I will get you laid twice and a handy for good mesure!

IN! As in 'I am in'!

I vote the more obvious end of Hyland, I'll even make fool proof directions!

I think I can live without a handy from a Nerf friend...

#285575 A Real Man's Birthday

Posted by BustaNinja on 17 September 2010 - 06:46 AM in Off Topic

Easily the biggest legend in Nerf lore. Cheers to you mate, and your insane abilities at everything. Have a good one.

#285558 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by BustaNinja on 16 September 2010 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Its gonsta be during the day right? I would say we should all go party, but something tells me "Hey guys, meet my Nerf friends" wont get anyone laid.

#285505 Screw Off

Posted by BustaNinja on 16 September 2010 - 02:36 PM in Off Topic

I don't think you're allowed to give yourself birthday wishes, even on a nerd forum.

Eh, everyone else, have a good one like you already will. Drink heavily, and forget what happened. Its probably for the best.

#285470 Newno 2010

Posted by BustaNinja on 15 September 2010 - 08:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Switched to the 25th of September. We'll have a halloween war on the 30th of October.

Aight, works for me. Sounds awesome either way

#285426 Newno 2010

Posted by BustaNinja on 14 September 2010 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

My new sling/primary holding system should be working. I say two middle fingers up for FUCK YEAH

#285179 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by BustaNinja on 09 September 2010 - 06:36 PM in Homemades

Can anyone tell me how well UHMW would work for a +bow? Is it strong enough? Is it better than polycarbonate? Does it machine well? I was wondering because Split used it on his pumpbows. Also, my scroll saw isn't shitty, so it may machine better in mine. It's a DeWalt.

Well, Split used it for the Pumpbow, so you can machine it. It seems to work well for that, and its super strong. If polycarb works, this should too. Although I would honestly just stick with Polycarb. Its cheaper.

#285023 New Shields?

Posted by BustaNinja on 07 September 2010 - 04:48 PM in General Nerf

Case and point, Hilt. Hilt uses a manta shield and like... crossfires. It looks cool, and he's good with them, but I DARE anyone else to try to be a legit Nerfer with them. Its like trying to get into a girls pants after you told her about your toy gun fetish.

#284724 Hyland Ruckus!

Posted by BustaNinja on 04 September 2010 - 12:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh hey guys, total change of awesome plans, and as such

I still won't be able to attend. Lol, I'm cool like that.

#284716 Snap Trigger Revision

Posted by BustaNinja on 03 September 2010 - 11:40 PM in Homemades

For the cost of an over complicated trigger that involves lots of moving parts, I can take a hammer to my current clothes pin trigger, and make 4 new ones to replace it.

Let alone in the time it takes you to make one of these things, I could have 4 more clothes pin triggers made and ready to be attached to the gun.

#284492 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 September 2010 - 08:40 AM in Homemades

That's just awesome. However, I'd prefer to go the same way Kane did; seeing as how I'm probably never going to order from mcmaster.

I recommend against that. I'm sure you could make a catchplate trigger out of materials from a hardware store (Most carry aluminum, for example), and the clothespin / nail trigger is definitely out of it's element. There's a good reason for the +bow style trigger

I've actually been thinking about ways to make this work with the traditional clothespin trigger. Its not all the way thought out yet, but it should work. It also would only work in a bow setting. Once I get my paycheck, I'll start some testing and building.

#284463 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by BustaNinja on 31 August 2010 - 08:50 PM in Homemades

Damn, 40 bucks including the super wide clear PVC? Great job on keeping costs so low. A non-transparent Snap version actually wouldn't even be that much cheaper, maybe 10 to 15 dollars depending on where you buy parts.

Yeah, pretty much. Fuck, now I want to make a clear PumpSnap.

#284460 Hyland Ruckus!

Posted by BustaNinja on 31 August 2010 - 08:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I'll be too busy getting hit on by drunk Las Vegas milfs to be there, but its pretty much gonna be a hootenanny.

And yes, about 50% of my job is getting hit on by drunk chicks from out of state. I guess I'm the cutest guy in my booth.

#284387 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by BustaNinja on 30 August 2010 - 10:21 PM in Homemades

What I meant was given the right thinking, it could be a "Hardware store gun" much in the vain of Carbon's Mk1 SNAP. One of the things that I am kinda on the fence about is ordering stuff. I just have this ingrained position on waiting for shipping to arrive. It's just never fast enough for me. But in reality, you're also paying for that convenience, which drives price way up.

So while you could, its probably a stupid idea to try to buy hardware store parts.

Again, Gerry is a fuckin cool name.

#284339 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by BustaNinja on 30 August 2010 - 10:01 AM in Homemades

Alright, that makes sense. It is pretty interesting looking at it though. I keep thinking "But wait, wouldn't the spring push the plunger rod forward making it harder to prime, and more prone to misfires, until I realized that the brunt of the force is applied directly to the pump grip by way of the spring. That is really genius. It means that you can have a lighter setup, and reduce the weight of the plunger head because it has no load to bear at all. Wow, thats really a neat way to handle the typical downfall of most home mades, making the plunger head strong enough to support the spring.

This seems like old technology, but it tackles so many issues that happen with homemades, its just perfect. Since you have that reduction in weight, and the pretty short plunger rod, you could make it stockless, or theoretically shorter and still achieve pretty good ranges. While I still want to see how it handles (the bow arms) this seems like it makes almost perfect sense.

PLUS you could pretty much build one without ordering parts online.

#284334 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by BustaNinja on 30 August 2010 - 09:31 AM in Homemades

Does the clear PVC have the same structural integrity that regular PVC has? Thats something I would worry about if you plan on making a SNAP. I know that while its lighter, ABS is about as rigid and strong as tissue paper compared to PVC, so is Clear PVC any different from regular?

Coming up with a designation for stuff like this is really hard. Just call it Gerry or something.

#284321 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by BustaNinja on 30 August 2010 - 07:35 AM in Homemades

Ryan, that is easily the coolest homemade to date. The combination of the pump action and the bow arms make it so awesome. I like it. Its pretty winsauce. I can't wait till get to see it in action.

#284226 Late August Minnesota War

Posted by BustaNinja on 28 August 2010 - 09:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I am honestly really jealous. I heard Rush was fantastic! It woulda been a great concert to go and see.