Beaver + 1
Newell Park Nerf Out 2010
Date: September 26th
Time: 10am till whenever
Location: Newell Park
Things to expect:
- Objective based games, such as Carpe Testiculum, VIP, Defend the Core, CTF and others.
- A great location
- Cool people
- Cool weather, good for physical activity
- Pump Action Crossbows and hopper clips
- Deathmatch (though we will probably warm up with a round of Meatgrinder)
- Pistol rounds
- Humans vs Zombies
- Good dart fit. Make your darts thicker than you think they should be.
Slug darts only, no blaster bans, no melee, no shields, no barrel taps, wear eye protection
- Slug darts
- Any type of stock ammo
- Darts with some sort of padded tip. If they are comparable to Slug darts in terms of pain and safety, I will allow it. Craft foam padding is okay.
- Weird ammo. Examples: homemade arrows, iron man launcher ammo, or any other sort of projectile that you might come up with. If it is safe and fun, I will allow it.
- Traditional Stefans with hot glue domes. These hurt like hell.
- Darts with very heavy weights in them. Example: ¼ slingshot weights are okay for megas, but not cool with micros. Use common sense.
- Generally speaking, I don't ban blasters. Singled Titans, Hopper clips, HPA tanks, converted water guns, homemade airguns, etc. are all cool with me. That said, don't be an idiot.
- Don't paint your blaster black. We get enough shit from cops already.
- "Pistols" are one-handed blasters that shoot under 65ft, and must be re-primed after every shot. An exception is made for doubleshots, because they're cool. I don't expect to play a pistol round, though.
- Eye protection is required during play, no exception.
- Melee weapons are not allowed.
- Shields are not allowed.
- Barrel taps are not allowed. You must actually shoot your opponent, or ask them to take the hit (e.g., if they're out of ammo and you don't want to shoot them at very close range).
- Gun hits count. Ricochets do not.
- Game rules constantly change, so I won't be writing them down.
- We'll democratically decide what game to play next, and what rules to use. "Democratically" means "I will listen to what everyone wants, but ultimately I make the decision"
Edited by Daniel Beaver, 25 September 2010 - 06:47 PM.