Oroku Saki's Content

There have been 411 items by Oroku Saki (Search limited from 01-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#36106 Apologies...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 September 2004 - 02:59 PM in Off Topic

(oh and if you're in china or something and you wanna buy the bf but your cousin posted the "ill buy it if jp wont" then why did he post that if hes not you?)

Have you even read what airsoft posted? His cousin got on his machine while his login information was saved on the computer. It could happen to anyone. It is shit like that that keeps me from saving my login info on my own computer.

#36148 Apologies...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 September 2004 - 06:52 PM in Off Topic

I am sorry I haven't really been paying attention to many of Airsoft's posts, and the more I hear about them (especially the trading and modding ones) I am starting to question what was really going on. First, he mentions about his nephew, or cousin, or whatever, and then he says that his brother has also been using his account? After you find out that someone else has been using your account for the first time, any sane person would do anything within their abilities to make damn sure that it wouldn't happen again.

#36104 Apologies...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 September 2004 - 02:53 PM in Off Topic

He's appologizing.

You don't have to believe him, this thread really doesn't need comment.

I believe his apologies. In my experience on these forums, mainly the people who make strange excuses/apologies are the trolls who are on here for less than a week. Since Airsoft has been on here for at least a few months, and has previously had reasonable posts, I think that his apology and explanation is legit.

#31353 George Petty Pinup Cosmetic Mod

Posted by Oroku Saki on 15 July 2004 - 11:26 PM in Modifications

As for a mastubatory Crossbow...this isn't an X-rated Xbow, and anyone that can masturbate to a painting like this...needs some help. *cough* *cough* ALEX *cough*

I know people who actually admit to doing this with anime pr0n. Now that I think about it, that really, really scares me. I agree with you, Groove. Whoever jacks off to a drawing really needs help

Great paintjob! I wish I could do something that detailed. For my painting projects, I am working on airbrushing The Cheat on my NES right now. When I'm done, maybe I'll post pictures of it in the off-topic section.

#43955 Nirvana

Posted by Oroku Saki on 13 December 2004 - 07:14 PM in Off Topic

Nirvana was pretty good in their day. I still listen to them once in a while.

Too bad that many other watered-down bands have taken over mainstream music. Makes me want to never forget the good times of MTV during the early to mid 90's.

#44225 Nirvana

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 December 2004 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

or even worse, how about Devo

I said a-whip it! Whip it good!

Funny, because I actually like a lot of 80's music (listening to A-ha's "Take on Me" as I write this post). My main genres of current listening consists mainly of Techno, video game music, and a little metal and alternative (Metallica, Manson, etc.)

When it comes to the best band, it's mainly the preference of the individual. The problem with some people's favorite bands is that many of them are only known for only one or two songs. *cough* (insert current overmarketed band here) *cough*

Nirvana was pretty good, and are definitely worth listening to. Just don't over-worship them, mmmkay?

So they blended "generes"?

Shit and loud?

Agreed. I am sick of listening to Linkin Park. They were okay at first, but they wore out their welcome in my book. Who the fuck would put out an album, and then re-release another album that is pretty much the same (except for remixes)? Obviously someone who is more cought up in money instead of art.

And don't get me started on Nickelback. Just listen to "How You Remind Me", and then play "Someday", and you get the same fucking melody. I can't wait until the mainstream music industry kill themselves from releasing shit music, so that people who care more about art instead of money can take over for once.

#44177 Nintendo Ds

Posted by Oroku Saki on 16 December 2004 - 07:30 PM in Off Topic

When it comes to the PSP, I would recommend waiting until they come out with a better battery for it. With all this high-end stuff for it, I don't like the 6 hour battery life. I wonder how long it will go while using the WI-FI connection?

#42573 Nintendo Ds

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 November 2004 - 10:40 AM in Off Topic

Being the usual cheap bastard looking for functionality and modding potential in game systems, I think I'm just going to wait a while for the prices to go down, and more games become available. Despite the cheesy stylus for the DS, I am still leaning towards it when it comes to next-gen handhelds. I heard they may come out with a Civilization game for the DS, and the new Advance Wars game looks like it may be pretty good. Until I see some better kickass games for the DS or PSP, neither company is getting my money that I should be using to pay bills.

I have both the PS2 and Xbox. I think both have some pretty good games, but I like my Xbox better because of the wonderful piece of hardware called a modchip. With emulators on the Xbox, you can actually make use of the hard drive space. Too bad I can't go on Xbox Live with it, though. At least there's always XB Connect.

I have an NES-style GBA SP, and I do not regret plunking down 100 bucks for it at the time. With the kickass games for the Advance, Nintendo really gives you your money's worth when it comes to handhelds. I'm pretty excited about what they will come out with next.

#46250 Maverick Locations

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 January 2005 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

I found a couple at my local Wal Mart today in Rhinelander, WI. Maybe I'll pick them up later tonight...

#44178 College!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 16 December 2004 - 07:34 PM in Off Topic

College can be fun, as long as you go into something you truly enjoy. In my personal experience, it was okay, but I got bored with it really fast because I found that my degree was something I wouldn't enjoy anyway. After I fix up my house and sell it, I think I might hightail it to Florida and go to Full Sail. Over there, they teach really good game development, which is something that I really find fun to work with having already devoted a majority of my life to video, card, and board games.

#46664 College!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 January 2005 - 10:11 PM in Off Topic

You guys suck- 8 inches of snow overnight, and the Elmbrook School District did NOT cancel school.

~ompa

Let's hear it for the shitty Wisconsin weather! My water pump froze up two weeks ago, and I needed to get it replaced thanks to the -20 below windchill. It's not so bad outside now, but winter can be a real bitch with the windchill.

You people in the warmer climates should be grateful you can actually go outside without having to wear at least 3 layers of clothing.

Fuse, when do you plan to go to Full Sail? My current plan is within the next 2 years.

#23001 666 Members

Posted by Oroku Saki on 31 March 2004 - 12:04 AM in Off Topic

Why the hell would you have a 13th handbook for early satanists? And why the hell would any normal person want to go to chuchofsatan.com to look at satanic symbols? And who the hell cares if its called a penta-whatzit? And why the hell would it bring rage into your eyes? And lastly who the hell would want to go and research the occult symbols when theres a helluva lot of better things you could be doing with your time?

Apostraphe=Flying Comma.

Ummmmm........probably because some of us are interested in learning about stuff like this. Now tell me this: Why the hell do people not research things to be more aware of the world around them? Are they too afraid or something? I think that learning about other cultures and beliefs is a wonderful thing, including pagan religions such as Wicca and Satanism.

I'm not saying that people should convert, but they can at least learn about other cultures and religions instead of being biased assholes who don't know what they are talking about.

Also, in my research, many of the more occult religions have several similaraties to the more popular beliefs.

#23108 666 Members

Posted by Oroku Saki on 31 March 2004 - 11:57 PM in Off Topic

This thread is a stupid flame war that has fairly little going on in the intellectual department.

I agree with you, Cx. If you guys are just going to flame each other in this thread, please stop posting here. The intellectual conversation of this thread was somewhat going okay, until Blaster started correcting people, and the flaming started to get out of hand.

Blaster, I am starting to think that this flame war was actually somewhat started by you, when you started to get off topic in the first place and correcting people. The rest of you flaming are also not really any better.

If you people just want to flame each other, take it somewhere else so that the rest of us don't have to listen to it. I am sure that this will be appreciated my many of us.

Thank you.

#23010 666 Members

Posted by Oroku Saki on 31 March 2004 - 12:43 AM in Off Topic

Edit: If I may correct, I believe that Pagans worship the earth.  Not to be confused with Wiccans and Satanists.

Thank you for helping clear this up for me, Neo. After having too much Christian dogma being forced down my throat by my parents when I was younger, (I left the Catholic church about 4 or 5 years ago, because there were many, many beliefs that I didn't agree with) The terminology (Wiccans, Pagans, Satanists, etc.) was never really made clear to me until recently, when I started to research other religions.

#23113 666 Members

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 April 2004 - 12:45 AM in Off Topic

Hey, thats a great idea. If only more people would do that.

#34701 Titan Mod

Posted by Oroku Saki on 20 August 2004 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

Notice I said "when"....the damn N-strike hasn't hit the shores of our little islands yet. Oh well, I had to wait almost a year before getting a Max Shot, so I guess I'll have to be patient and watch y'all fix up your N-strikes, until....

[/sick from waiting & watching everyone with N-strikes]

-Piney-

I know that Wal-Mart's website sells them, and they ship to Hawaii, so you may be able to get the N-Strike from there, Piney.

http://www.walmart.c...p...1:4192:5330

My Titan is in pieces at the moment, and it has been that way for at least two weeks now, because I simply haven't gotten around to working on it. To solve the pumping problem, it may be possible to route a larger airtank that can be carried around, and use it to fill the Titan, improving its ROF.

#46983 Volkswagen Polo

Posted by Oroku Saki on 07 February 2005 - 05:14 PM in Off Topic

Don't blame people for being overly sensitive, a relatively small minority of people has always been overly sensitive. Blame the media relations people and the journalists who cater to them. If the stories of outrage never got printed and the corporations never bothered acknowledging the vocal minority, none of this would even be an issue.

I see it as a combination of the two, however it is more the media's fault. My main gripe is the fact that people have a tendancy to overreact to such trivial things. It's true that controversy does indeed drive up ratings in media, hence why the little rare taboos we see become such a big deal in the first place.

Sometimes I wonder if society as a whole is evolving in a more advanced manner in thinking, or perhaps the opposite?

Wait a sec, is that the EGM Seanbaby?

Yep. He writes on his own site, for the Wave, and for EGM, which is another great gaming mag I subscribe to and religiously read.

#46903 Volkswagen Polo

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 February 2005 - 12:00 AM in Off Topic

It's crazy some of the shit that circulates the internet. I have heard about this video, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it until now.

#46941 Volkswagen Polo

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 February 2005 - 11:59 PM in Off Topic

That was some good stuff. Somehow, I really didn't see it coming.

These are the kinds of advertisements that should be on TV... as offensive as possible. People are too sensitive and need to have things like this shoved in thier cute little politically correct faces every now and again.

But, that's just me.

Agreed. I think society needs to stop pussy-footing around on such trivial things and just get to the fucking point. Things are only offensive if you view them as such.

Speaking of over-sensitivity, I would like to share a kickass article from one of my favorite writers, Seanbaby:

http://www.thewavema...articleid=25152

#64626 Cars

Posted by Oroku Saki on 29 September 2005 - 08:37 PM in Off Topic

My ultimate dream car is a dark blue Lamborghini Diablo, but the dream car that I will eventually be able to afford within the next few years would be a DeLorean.

#33383 Nstrike Dvd

Posted by Oroku Saki on 06 August 2004 - 10:15 PM in General Nerf

Guys, have any of you noticed the similarity of the ridge on the top of the new NF to that of the scout? Has anyone thought of the possibility of attaching the NH to this Power Unity system?

I never thought of that until you pointed it out, Ompa! Thanks.

Oh, the possibilities of modding for Hasbro's new guns......

Edit: Oh yeah, and Spaztic, your disc may not be defective. Try making sure you can select "Yes" and "No" from the options at the end of the agreement screen. If you select no, the DVD will reset on you.

#33716 Nstrike Dvd

Posted by Oroku Saki on 10 August 2004 - 10:32 PM in General Nerf

Buy the product, line the coffers at the Nerf Headquarters, or go to your arcade and spent a buck playing Time Crisis.

Or you can get the console version of Time Crisis. In my opinion, Time Crisis is better and more fun than the N-Strike DVD. Since the DVD is probably produced far less than any other regular movie DVD, I highly doubt that anyone's going to rip it anytime soon. I would do it myself, but I don't have a DVD ROM drive in my computer.

#33379 Nstrike Dvd

Posted by Oroku Saki on 06 August 2004 - 10:07 PM in General Nerf

That prototype looks sweet, i wish they could release something like that.

Im not going to be buying one of the big sets but i'd like to get the DVD.

I'll sell you mine for 5 bucks, plus $2.00 for shipping.

#22703 The History Of Nerf

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 March 2004 - 08:49 PM in General Nerf

That may be interesting, but it might be difficult to put together a decent write up about this. Personally, I think it may be a better idea to do a write up about the history of Nerf guns in general.

#62117 Homemade Projector

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 August 2005 - 10:35 AM in Off Topic

That's a pretty cool project. One of my friends built a projector a while back, and he used it to play Halo 2 on a huge white wall in his backyard. Pretty kickass stuff....

#29994 Fireworks

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 June 2004 - 08:12 PM in Off Topic

Thanks. Let's hope I don't blow my hands off.

#29974 Fireworks

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 June 2004 - 02:14 PM in Off Topic

You can shave the grey stuff off the stick of about 50 sparklers (comes off pretty easily) and put that inside two oppisite facing water bottle caps.

What way do you recommend to shave it off without setting off the powder on the sparkler?

#23330 Guns

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 April 2004 - 08:12 PM in Off Topic

Right now, I only have a 30-30 bolt for deer hunting, a 20-Gauge pump shotgun, Lever action .22, and a Muzzleloading Pistol (I don't remember what caliber it is). When I get the money, I eventually want to get a Glock. Maybe after college, I might look into getting a license for automatics (and get an MP5 and a MAC 10), but it may be a while before I can get that.

#29933 Fireworks

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 June 2004 - 12:38 AM in Off Topic

There is a place about 20 miles from where I live that sells some really good fireworks, but as for the cheap ones, I may consider doing something similar to what Seanbaby did on his site a couple years ago. He took a few shitty to mediocre fireworks, and turned them into a kickass display.

Here's the link: http://www.seanbaby....l/fireworks.htm

Maybe I'll start working on my explosives project after the 4th, when most places start clearancing out their fireworks for REALLY cheap.

Thanks for posting the sparkler link, Gamefreak. Perhaps I should try that one out as well.

I love setting explosive shit on fire.

#30027 Fireworks

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 July 2004 - 10:57 AM in Off Topic

Come to think of it, there is an Indian Reservation less than an hour from my house. Maybe I should check there to buy fireworks.

Update: A couple of hours ago, I went to the fireworks stand 20 miles from my house, and picked up a whole arsenal. For about 35 bucks, I got a whole shitload (576) of bottle rockets, a few dozen smaller Roman Candles, 2 Dozen M100's, a 100-shot Missle Battery, and a box of Mini-dynamites (larger firecrackers). The stand owner even threw in a quarter brick of regular firecrackers for free! Score!

When we got back, me and my roommate were setting off a couple of mini-dynamites in my front yard (I live a few miles from the city limits, so the only time the cops come here is when someone calls them in, which is almost never). My roomate dug up an old, ugly pez dispenser, and we blew that away with a couple sitcks of the mini dynamite. Fun stuff.

If you can find a good quality fireworks stand, you definitely won't be dissapointed, and will get your money's worth.

#31033 Fireworks

Posted by Oroku Saki on 12 July 2004 - 10:07 PM in Off Topic

hi

Okay, have you even read the Code of Conduct around here? If you don't have anything significant to post. don't post anything at all.

BTW, last night I set off my missle battery. Fun stuff. Good thing I live out in the boonies, or the cops might have paid me a visit....

#31040 Fireworks

Posted by Oroku Saki on 13 July 2004 - 12:19 AM in Off Topic

Yay! More ideas to help me risk blowing myself up! I should get to my workbench to throw together more stuff to light on fire.

I tried looking at some of the local areas that sell fireworks only for the 4th (Wal-Mart, grocery stores, etc.) and I still haven't seen them clearance their shit yet.

#30155 Fireworks

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 July 2004 - 11:39 PM in Off Topic

If you look around on the internet hard enough, you can find plenty of instructions for making your own fireworks (M80's, Roman Candles, etc.), however if you have good, regular fireworks available in your area, you may be better off buying those if you are not experienced in making your own. The main reason why more and more fireworks are declared illegal is usually because of safety concerns for the stupid. If everyone used common sense when setting off fireworks, we wouldn't need fireworks laws.

#47453 Park Regulations

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 February 2005 - 10:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I would first go with CX's suggestion to check with the park offices.

I wouldn't worry too much about the cops showing up at the park. Just calmly explain what you are doing, and they will usually leave you alone. As long as you aren't bothering any of the other people in the park, the cops can't really do anything anyways.

My friends and I sometimes fight with foam weapons at one of our local schools in the middle of the night, and we have had the cops come there a few times to make sure that we aren't doing anything destructive, but they leave us alone after checking on us.

#34917 Favorite Online Game?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 August 2004 - 10:22 PM in Off Topic

Counter Strike, Warcraft 3, and Diablo 2.

Edit: Last week, I finally got an Xbox with Halo, so I'll throw that one in my list as well.

#21679 Self-styled Enforcers, Apologists, And Haters

Posted by Oroku Saki on 19 March 2004 - 12:57 AM in Site Feedback

I agree with what Oompa said. I know, many newbies can be annoying, but they are vital to expanding the Nerf Community. In several cases, I have seen newbies annoying the crap out of the regulars and vets, but over time, they grow up and turn out okay. If we don't accept and be patient with newbies, Nerfing as we know it may weaken in interest and die off, which is one thing that I don't want to see happening.

#36243 Best Gun

Posted by Oroku Saki on 02 September 2004 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

Singled AT2K's are the schizznit when it comes to primaries. For Sidearms, my guns of choice are the Nite Finder and Scout.

#21675 Reverse Engineering

Posted by Oroku Saki on 19 March 2004 - 12:14 AM in Homemades

Actually, I acquired a book on making a small, tabletop homemade injection molding machine. Lindsay Publications prints it, and you can buy it directly from them. They also have some other cool books.

The injection machine book is here: http://www.lindsaybk...ject/index.html

With my job and stuff, I haven't gotten around to building the injection machine, but I think it may prove useful in making smaller parts.

For the larger parts, it may be more of a challenge. One idea that I can think of is to vacuum form plastic to a plaster mold. Vaccum forming is used by movie prop makers. (one of the most well-known uses is for Stormtrooper Armor) Basically, a vacuum form unit is a table with a hole in the middle. Under the table, a vacuum hose is hooked up, and the mold is placed over the hole. When molding, the softened plastic is sucked onto the mold by the vacuum.

Edit: I just found out that Lindsay also prints a book on vacuum forming, which is at this link: http://www.lindsaybk...vacf/index.html

Looking at the pictures of this Vacuum Forming machine, I think that some of the other prop making places on the internet have ideas for making a simpler and cheaper vacuum forming table.

One of my favorite prop sites has a good section on vacuum forming, which is here: http://www.studiocre...able/index.html

Another idea that I was thinking about would be to somehow make parts from metal or other materials. If only I had easier access to metal machining equipment.

UPDATE: Speaking of patents, if Hasbro had anything patented on their Nerf guns, they would have the patent information listed on the box or the gun itself. Looking at all the Nerf guns that I own, I do not see anything marked for this. The only thing that I see is a copyright date. I even checked on the box for the Nite Finder, and all I see is a copyright date. This probably explains why Lanard has not gotten into trouble for reverse engineering Nerf guns, since they don't slap the Nerf label on their stuff.

#21637 Reverse Engineering

Posted by Oroku Saki on 18 March 2004 - 05:58 PM in Homemades

I think it may be a better idea to come up with both better designs and materials to make the guns, than to make direct copies of stuff. Making your own original guns would be a kickass idea. If you are looking to sell it though, you should first find out what concepts and designs are patented, and which ones are not. As far as most of us know, the designs for Nerf guns may be patented, but the internal mechanisms may not be. Has anyone heard of any lawsuits filed between Lanard and Hasbro?

#30131 Reverse Engineering

Posted by Oroku Saki on 01 July 2004 - 08:12 PM in Homemades

The only larger injection molders available that I know of are industrial-grade equipment, which can run anywhere from $20,000 to a few hundred thousand bucks. With the design in the book, you may be able to make a larger machine for making larger parts, but I am not sure how this can be done.