Phree Agent's Content

There have been 220 items by Phree Agent (Search limited from 26-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#309615 DMV Comrades: It's time to end this hibernation

Posted by Phree Agent on 16 January 2012 - 09:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes! Can't wait for a date/location to be picked.

Aside from that, I am willing to help pay for mobstacles. (or I could make them, and collect some donations at the wars?) Unfortunately this means that either:

a) the mobstacles will not be present at wars I am not attending
b} somebody else that more frequently attends will have to store these said mobstacles

#309567 DMV Comrades: It's time to end this hibernation

Posted by Phree Agent on 15 January 2012 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

In my opinion, the more wars the better. That being said, I cannot commit to coming to more than probably one per month (gotta work to pay the bills) :(. My only concern is that the areas nerfer population is too small to have even a 2v2 war consistently, BUT I have faith that if we continue to HAVE wars then the consistent population will grow.

In closing, I say go for it! The more wars the better but unfortunately I will only make it (at most) once per month.

#308122 DMV Area Nerf War Update

Posted by Phree Agent on 08 December 2011 - 04:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I am planning on hosting an indoor war this winter at some point. That being said, it will almost certainly be in Harrisonburg, thus being just me and friends here. BUT, I will be sure to make an event here on NH just in case people do want to make the trip down from the DC area.

Email sounds like a find idea, but honestly, I think that threads on here stir up more interest than an exclusive email list would. Just my 2 cents.

Either way, I am totally looking forward to whenever the next war is, period.

#307652 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by Phree Agent on 21 November 2011 - 11:38 PM in Nerf Wars

This was a great war! Thank you the host(s) and all who attended in making it such a fun time.

PROS:

*Weather
*Location: The playgrounds were awesome when they weren't occupied! I WOULD nerf here again.
*People: It was great meeting new people and nerfing with old friends.
*90% dart recovery

CONS:

-As always, I wish more people were there
-RBP and PAS need repair
-Headcam footage was pretty lack luster

Although the majority of my footage was garbage, I still plan on making a vid and posting it. I'll keep you guys posted. I would totally nerf with any of you all again. (hopefully sooner than later) :D

#307530 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 November 2011 - 02:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Getting pumped as well! My final count will be me + 3 :D. I will not, unfortunately, be bringing a mobstacle. Who has the Core for DTC these days? Also, last call for anyone that would like to buy things from me. PM with what you are looking for/want and I will be sure to pack it. Thanks! See everyone tomorrow.

#307378 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by Phree Agent on 15 November 2011 - 09:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Is anyone bringing an over abundance of darts? I MAY be bringing up to 4 guests, so my dart stash could run pretty thin throughout the day. Any help would be awesome! Can't wait for this war. I will try to make at least 1 mobstacle before Sunday, but don't count on that.

ALSO, TRADING STUFF: If you are interested in anything in my trading thread, PLEASE let me know. I am not bringing all my stuff like I did last time so if you would like something, tell me so I can make sure it gets crammed into my car. Thanks.

#307075 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by Phree Agent on 07 November 2011 - 09:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, here is the deal. Land, you are going :D. Chaos, you are going :D. And ME plus 2-3 are going. Lets make this happen!

EDIT: I can't speak for these other people....but I demand their presence XD

I will round up all the potential materials for gametypes I have.

Also, if anyone wants anything from my sales thread that is still available I will be selling pretty darn cheap, just let me know what you would like. (Chaos you are already down for some stuff).

#307032 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by Phree Agent on 06 November 2011 - 03:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Sooooo, I (and my 1-3 guests) mm/are in the same boat as Chaos (minus the sisters bday thing)....

Everyone confirm attendence :D

ALSO, anyone coming from the north able to pick up Dizzy and Doom? That would help lots.

#306941 Tetra Strike Re-barrel, Pump replacement

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 November 2011 - 01:21 PM in Modifications

This is seriously sick. Has anyone tried singling one of these? I couldn't find anything... That would be beast.

Cmeej

Well, seeing as it is essentially 4 'singled' tanks in one blaster.........

Anyway, this is awesome. Tetrastrikes are cheap enough, and mod-friendly enough that I may have to invest in a few for loaners. Nice job!

#306880 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 November 2011 - 02:28 PM in Nerf Wars

People PLEASE post if you are a definite. This war is looking to be pretty skimpy, and if it becomes too small it is not worth it for me and my guest(s) to attend.

ALSO, Modsrus could you please seperate the attendance list into maybes and definites? This will make it clear of what size war we can be expecting. Thanks :D

#306339 nerf warz va

Posted by Phree Agent on 23 October 2011 - 12:20 AM in Nerf Wars

a nerf war every friday at ridgewood baptist church come if you want and best if you are in the Salem va district. it is from 6:30 pm to 10 pm.
rules and others : no bad words,darts can not be death darts,most mods that are band in regular wars are band hear as well, we don't have trading time but you can trade when ever,and there is a rule that you cant use others guns unless they say you can.
Games: hvz,team death match,capture the flag,and protect the president.
there is some other stuff but i will tell you if you come you dont have to say you are coming or any thing but you can and feel free to ask questions.

I will start by saying that as a fellow nerfer in the area, I am actually curious and excited to hear about the wars you are having. That being said, your stay here at Nerfhaven will be much more comfortable (and probably longer) if you read the code of conduct and increase your post quality.

How many people do you usually have at these wars?
Do you play indoors, outdoors, or both?
Do you have any pictures of the nerfing area?
What darts do you usually play with/ do you have any dart restrictions?

#305987 NENO 1 Sterling

Posted by Phree Agent on 16 October 2011 - 12:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds good, I am a very likely 'Maybe' as of now.

You also may want to have gametypes in mind that will be played/ gather materials you will need for said gametypes.

Overall, I am just pumped to have a war in VA :D

#305904 DCNF 3+ Survey

Posted by Phree Agent on 15 October 2011 - 08:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Either that date, or the first week of November work for me.

#305883 [Suggestion] New Member policy

Posted by Phree Agent on 14 October 2011 - 09:15 PM in Site Feedback

I am really trying not to generalize here, because I know there are some intelligent FNGs out there, but to be honest I have only read maybe 2 or 3 threads started by them that I even bothered to read all the way through. Grammar and content have been lacking in the vast majority of them. I think the post limiting system and new ranks are the most brilliant thing that has ever happened to new members of this site. Instead of being totally mute and a nonmember for multiple months (as it used to be), you have the opportunity to POST! I don't think this is limiting anyone's creative liberties. It gives opportunities, if anything.

In short, I feel posting on this site is a privilege that has to be earned. You can post once per day, and contribute as much or as little as you would like. Consider your single post per day as sacred and work on quality instead of quantity. And finally, in my humble opinion, anyone that posts 5 times per day is posting too much no matter if they are a veteran or FNG.

/rant

#305805 DCNF 3+ Survey

Posted by Phree Agent on 13 October 2011 - 08:13 AM in Nerf Wars

I know a great place in Sterling, Va: http://maps.google.c...ark map&fb=1

I would be totally down for a war in VA! It would be a dream come true XD. But if it will decrease our numbers too much, it would be worth it to move it back into MD territory.

Do you have any pictures of this park, or maybe could go take some?

#305759 DCNF 3+ Survey

Posted by Phree Agent on 12 October 2011 - 08:09 AM in Nerf Wars

I will "host" if somebody up there can find a park that is available and suitable. I am totally down for at least 1 more war in '11.

The first weekend in Nov. looks fine to me; now we just need a location.

#305505 DCNF 3+ Survey

Posted by Phree Agent on 07 October 2011 - 11:37 PM in Nerf Wars

The 30th of October is a no-go for me. I will do anything I can to help coordinate future DC wars, just let me know! Also, my vote will always be Bealle. I wasn't at DCNF2, so I can't speak for that venue, but so far in my nerfing career Bealle is my favorite venue. Also, if we are laying it all out there right now, the weekend of Nov. 12 is not good either. Tis my 21st birthday.

EDIT: While we are asking questions, would anyone be up for coming to the JMU (Harrisonburg area) for a war I hosted?

#305197 Creating Velcro Linings on Vortex Discs

Posted by Phree Agent on 30 September 2011 - 08:12 AM in Darts and Barrels

Another thing to consider: (Assuming that in any way adding velcro is possible) The disk is spinning, so the abrasive velcro may cause injury when moving that way.

#304821 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 September 2011 - 09:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry I missed this one fellas! Time to start planning the next one :D. I can cohost again if anyone would like. I am trying to nerf before it gets too cold to feel the darts haha.

#304354 Homemade Vortex Discs

Posted by Phree Agent on 05 September 2011 - 05:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

After looking closely at the stock vortex discs, it seems that the most important part of the disc is the plastic insert. It may be a better approach to try casting these out of some sort of a resin, then casting foam (spray-foam, anyone?) around it. This could have the potential to make very strong discs that function just as well as the stock ones, assuming weight is kept the same. Using cast parts would also remove the need for glue, eliminating a potential cause of friction.

Using cast parts also lends itself to what I think is going to be the most important factor in trying to create homemade disks for these blasters: Repeatability and consistency. If the disk doesn't fly in at least a slightly predictable way, then it will be worthless in a war situation. And, unlike a homemade dart, a spinning disk needs to be nearly perfect in order to fly straight/well.

#304074 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by Phree Agent on 30 August 2011 - 03:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Disclaimer: I am not attending THIS particular DCNF, so do what you want with my input.

That being said, I think a location can make or break a good war. I have been to wars at great places and at pretty shanty places. Overall, I think a good rule is to have AS MUCH cover as possible. To me, this creates a much better war than a large field situation does. As for mobstacles, they are really nice but if you really think about how much cover they actually add, I do not think they are worth making considering their cost/maintenance.

#303554 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 August 2011 - 02:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Me and my crew of 0-5(?) guests are maybes as of right now. Once I get back home (in a week) I'll have my schedules all figured out.

EDIT: I am a no go for sure. Aint happening, and I am devastated that I am missing another good one :(

#302776 Collecting info for new Dart thread.

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 August 2011 - 09:06 PM in Darts and Barrels

I am speaking from my experience in the DC area:

I have seen stock darts, converted stock darts with felt tips, glue domes and slugs at the wars I have participated in. The converted stock darts are either weighed and have a wrap of etape on the end or have a washer and felt pad head. Glue domes have used single BB, double BB or 3/0's. ALL of the slugs I have seen so far have used #6 washers and sufficient felt padding.

I would say the majority of the darts at DC area wars are glue domes, but not by much. I feel like slugs are becoming more and more popular but are still in a close second place. I have not seen any gumdrop, nuthead ect. darts used in any war I have attended.

I use BigBens white foam, which I think is the loghome white foam that was mentioned earlier, but I am sure he could clear that up for sure. I first used glue domes over 3/0's or BB's depending on what blasters I was using. I learned to make glue domes between threads on here and Youtube videos. I have since switched to making slugs with #6 washers and felt dots from McMaster. I learned to make these strictly from this site.

If I had to give some dartsmithing tips:
1. I, for one, would actually recommend a mini hot glue gun. I got both of mine from walmart (and a pack of glue sticks) for under $5. The miniature guns, I feel, burn better holes in the foam and allow the user to control the flow of glue better.
2. When making glue domes let gravity make the dome shape for you. Do not try to form a dome with the glue using your finger because it will never come out looking as good as a gravity created one. When I first started making darts, I thought it was up to ME to create the dome before it dried; this is false.

#302760 Collecting info for new Dart thread.

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 August 2011 - 02:05 PM in Darts and Barrels

Are our responses supposed to be in paragraph form, or were you looking to get more of short and minimal survey responses? Maybe an example post would be helpful? This sounds like an excellent resource forming.

#302365 One Hand Primable Blaster - Writeup

Posted by Phree Agent on 27 July 2011 - 09:24 AM in Homemades

Ahh, I remember the ancient prototype plans we looked over one night on the IRC! It is even prettier than I imagined. Great to see it come through its various stages of production, and the write up was excellent.

#302125 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Phree Agent on 23 July 2011 - 09:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, now just to combine DCNF and this past weekends war for DCNF 2 :D

Gears- We would gladly have you or any other PA nerfers at the next DCNF. The more the merrier.

#302036 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 July 2011 - 01:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey everyone,

Long time no see, but it's good to see that DC area nerf is still going strong.

I'll see everyone tomorrow.

Keo, people usually use sunglasses, though I'd be hesitant about using super cheap sunglasses. I use safety glasses from a chemistry lab and I'll be bringing plenty of extras.

See everyone there.

Holy Moly! Cranky, welcome home good sir! Now I am even more bummed that I cannot attend this time around!

#301953 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Phree Agent on 21 July 2011 - 08:39 AM in Nerf Wars

DCNF 1 VID:

YAYYYY video finnnally uploaded. It's not much, but some of the footage is good. I will have the pictures up later on today as well.

#301833 Lanard Blast Bazooka Diagnosis?

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 July 2011 - 09:59 PM in General Nerf

Some valves just go bad, or as stated earlier there could be something caught in the valve that is keeping it open for 2 way airflow. I have had this happen to multiple air blasters of mine, and it is a fairly simple fix: I use small check valves used in fish aquariums to replace stock Nerf valves. They are cheap, and have worked fine for me in the past. All you have to do is make a cut in your air line from your pump to your tank, and put the check valve in (making sure the airflow arrow printed on the valve is pointed the correct direction). Make sure the newly made connections to/from the valve are sealed with the glue of your choice, and you are done.

EDIT: These valves can be bought at Petco/PetsMart or Walmart or probably anywhere that sells aquarium supplies for under $2.

#301830 Lanard Blast Bazooka Diagnosis?

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 July 2011 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

That does help! This sounds like a stereotypical check valve issue. Either you have blown out your check valve, or there is debris inside it that is preventing it from blocking the air as it should. I am not familiar enough with the LBB to know where the stock check valve is (probably in the stock pump head), but anyway, the solution is to add a check valve into your tubing line from the pump to the tank. I am fairly certain that this will fix your issue.

EDIT: Another question I should ask you: If you pump the gun up, and physically hold the pump in the gun and "hold" the air in the gun and pull the trigger, does it fire at all?

#301828 Lanard Blast Bazooka Diagnosis?

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 July 2011 - 09:10 PM in General Nerf

To me, it sounds like the tank itself is sealing fine. However, it also sounds like the air from the pump never even reaches the tank. Make sure all of your connections are air tight, and that there are no holes in your tubing.

#301656 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Phree Agent on 16 July 2011 - 06:46 PM in Nerf Wars

This was honestly my favorite war I have been to, to date.

It was super awesome meet some new nerfers, and play for a 2nd or third time with others.

Pro:
+Being able to bring some of my posse to enjoy the day with me
+I had enough darts and primaries for myself and my guests to use
+Chaos was an excellent host and supplied all the things needed to make a war run smoothly
+Meeting all the other guys was awesome, and I hope to nerf with them again soon
+THE LOCATION WAS AWESOME. No lie, this is the best location I have ever nerfed at
+Didn't injure myself
+About 75% of my darts were recovered
+/- Got pulled over for the 1st time ever on the way there.....but didn't get a ticket!

Cons:
-Broke my RBP before any of the rounds even started
-Didn't sell nearly as much stuff as I would have liked
-Lost defend the core....I am a sore loser :D

Overall it was an awesome day. I hope this DCNF thing really takes off, and I would be glad to host a war as well in a future DCNF. As said before, Chaos, you did an awesome job and it was an honor to Co-host with you. To all attendees: You guys are supa l33t and it was a great day from start to finish.

#301591 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Phree Agent on 15 July 2011 - 10:43 AM in Nerf Wars

I will be filming as well!

I cannot wait (although I have yet to pack, and yet to make the majority of my darts, and I have to leave here at about 7 to get there with sufficient time XD).

Everyone remember everything they need.....that should cover it all :D

Pistols, primaries, WATER, Eye protection, WATER, Stuff to trade, CASH, ect.

See everyone tomorrow!

#301455 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Phree Agent on 13 July 2011 - 07:53 AM in Nerf Wars

Wooot! I can't wait. Final count for me is going to be ME +2!!! :D

#301312 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Phree Agent on 10 July 2011 - 05:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Let's just keep a solid eye on the radar and see if it worsens as we approach the date. As of now, I am still planning on the 16th.

#300777 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Phree Agent on 29 June 2011 - 09:12 PM in Nerf Wars

In my opinion, this is almost too much effort put into too few minutes of game play. I am going to want to do only a few rounds with melee, and even fewer with the stars compared to the vast majority of the games which I would like to play with my dart blasters.

In short, it is a good idea, but for the effort and money involved it may not be worth the small amount of time they will actually be in use. (This also applies to the swords you are making unless you enjoy it, and were going to make them anyway)

#300276 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Phree Agent on 21 June 2011 - 08:35 AM in Nerf Wars

This is great. I will ONLY be able to make the 16th though.

#300269 DCNF

Posted by Phree Agent on 20 June 2011 - 11:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Dant it! I will be at Summer Namm show on July 23rd. Boo Hiss!

#299906 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by Phree Agent on 15 June 2011 - 09:16 AM in Darts and Barrels

Have you tried doing the modifications that SGNerf did to his dart heads? He cut them down to change weight and he glued the felt pads on top for padding. Don't felt pads feed into hoppers well? I'm not 100% sure since I've never used a hopper.

To me, modding these heads defeats the purpose of manufacturing them. I see these heads as a premade dart tip that can just be slapped on some foam and called a dart, but I guess if that is what it is going to take to work in a hopper, then so be it.

#299747 DCNF

Posted by Phree Agent on 12 June 2011 - 02:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I am on vacation that weekend :/