Gears's Content

There have been 629 items by Gears (Search limited from 22-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#287777 Talio's War

Posted by Gears on 01 November 2010 - 06:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Yo, Talio, if the date doesn't work in your favor, let me know. I'd be happy to take over if need be.

#287262 Talio's War

Posted by Gears on 20 October 2010 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, let's do this at Smedley. Plenty of places to nom for lunch, chill location. There's the option of getting a permit, but it's usually not necessary. I didn't bother for my war and we had about a dozen people at its peak.

#169367 Take Aim Or Fire On The Run?

Posted by Gears on 15 August 2008 - 08:16 AM in General Nerf

Anybody ever try civil war style line marching?

I could have sworn that Forsaken Angel mentioned something like that before.

#348997 Tacticool Chest Rig

Posted by Gears on 08 October 2015 - 01:11 PM in General Nerf

Nerf magazines will not fit M4 pouches.

They will fit AK/7.62s doe.

#342215 Tactical vest

Posted by Gears on 01 October 2014 - 08:57 AM in Off Topic

You can use a lot of Condor gear for cheap. It's all pretty modular, and you just need to find a style you really like. When I was a young nooblet I too experimented extensively with chest rigs and vests while playing HvZ, but have since moved on to thigh panels and battle belts.

#237774 Supernova

Posted by Gears on 21 June 2009 - 12:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I had a really great time guys. First and foremost, I want to thank Split for offering me the ride almost last minute. It was totally worth kissing up to the 'rents.

-I don't really have too many highlights of the war. The entire thing was pretty great. JMWasko is right about the water though. This was the second war I attended in two weeks where we had some rainfall. Wet shoes are just such a killjoy, espically when you're running in them for 6-7 hours straight. But, bitching aside, I loved meeting all the new (as in people I don't know) Nerfers. Being the only guy from south-eastern Pennsylvania, it was a awesome experience getting to feel out the play styles of other Nerfers. Everyone had a really distinct method of playing. Meeting up and riding with Koree (a freakin' Minnesota Nerfer!) and listening to his own stories on how the Midwest guys play was awesome. He's probably one of the only players I've seen that can really lay on some impressive suprerssion fire with his +Bow. Meeting Dean and Rob was great too. So much energy from these guys. I loved playing with you two. Thanks for the on nom noms afterwards!

-I wouldn't be surprised if I gasped when I saw the Reactors come into play form the Waskos. I love non-traditional ammo, and to see a kill during a deathmatch round from a ballgun made my entire day. Thanks for the $1.00 Ripsaw, THIRST! I regret not bringing my arrows for the Xbow.

-East Coast Rules are gay. Maybe I should move to Cali.

-Dizzy's PJ's are sexier in person.

-I hope to see everyone at future wars. Everyone played really solid and I had such a good time. Let's get those pics up!

#237952 Supernova

Posted by Gears on 22 June 2009 - 07:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Blasphemy. Gears, you rock, but there was no reactor play from my brother. Thus only one wasko is..err..uhm.."ballsy" enough to use a reactor. Don't give him false credit. Although, perhaps my awesomeness was just so great I seemed to embody two Waskos to others such as yourself. If that is the case, by all means, please continue.

Haha! Noted JM. I remember seeing you just start popping away at someone behind the baseball diamond.It was like each ball that hit was a mini explosion of awesome. I'm sure that overrided my short term memory, resulting in my confusion.

Respect +10.

#330633 Submit your Avatars

Posted by Gears on 07 June 2013 - 01:05 PM in Site Feedback

Can I have a custom Ryan Gosling avatar?!

#160914 Subliminal (hidden) Messaging

Posted by Gears on 29 June 2008 - 06:09 PM in Off Topic

Not to sure if there is a lot of Nintendo fans like me out on these forums, but the Mario Galaxy message is old. Really, really old.

I got one though. Next time you go to a video game shop, take a look at the box art for Okami for the Wii, and look at the wolf's mouth. You can see an IGN watermark.

#194508 Stormbringer

Posted by Gears on 07 December 2008 - 07:55 AM in Modifications

I pray I'm not the only one who gets the Stormbringer reference.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the breech itself? I may have misread, but I am curious to see how you made a seal between the CPVC and PETG.

That's a truly beautiful Longshot. Surely beats out any of mine.

#163153 Steampunk Rfr

Posted by Gears on 17 July 2008 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

Looks awesome. (Just as awesome as the LS you sent me!).

I hope it sells well. What did citadel paints/technique did you use for the wood grain effect?

#310053 State of the Union Address at 9 EST

Posted by Gears on 24 January 2012 - 11:31 PM in Off Topic

Thanks for posting. I actually watched it. I'll keep my opinions to myself but it's important to know what's happening in our country.

He is a liar and anyone who believes him is bad.

#293284 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by Gears on 24 January 2011 - 10:08 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd say there's a decent chance that Gabe and I can make it. No promises that we'll have slugs though. Dom has all the clan's slug materials and I'm not gonna put in an order for any more. But if a twelve year old kid could take hits from slingshot darts shot from my 1500 with a 3k tank in it all day at Redshot's last war then I'm pretty sure you guys can handle it. Seriously, why is everyone using really high preforming blasters with under preforming darts?

Posted Image

#293229 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by Gears on 22 January 2011 - 01:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay peoples. Just to clarify, yeah, I'd like to keep this war Slugs only. It's pretty much standard in Jersey wars and the few PA games already, and besides, if you're going to this you also have probably went to Grid Code and will have more than plenty Slug materials left over.

#292853 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by Gears on 15 January 2011 - 07:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Lglf wars are the best wars. There is no way you're getting away with this. Because we are getting breakfast at Shady Maple beforehand. You don't know what Shady Maple is? You best find out.

#293291 Spring Pa War! - Tepaw 1 Recap!

Posted by Gears on 24 January 2011 - 03:06 PM in Nerf Wars

No Super Soakers either!

#354991 SPANO 2016

Posted by Gears on 14 July 2016 - 02:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Tim isn't letting me come. 

#347833 SPANO 2015

Posted by Gears on 14 July 2015 - 02:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Second what Kane said.

This was the first war I attended in nearly a year, and every part was as great as Ryan hyped it up to be. Besides getting to see all the Nerfers I really missed seeing (Stark and Atomatron and Venom and SonReese and special guest VIPs CK and Xellah) the actual Nerfing was pretty on-point. I'm also still acclimating myself to the tighter-quarter Midwest wars where I don't actually need an airgun, so that's been an interesting transition. Probably won't ever happen tho.

Can't wait for the next one.

#347620 SPANO 2015

Posted by Gears on 02 July 2015 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll come to yours if you come to mine!

#329236 South Central PA Nerf War May 25

Posted by Gears on 01 May 2013 - 07:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in! Chances are this will be my first event of the summer.

#263506 Soothsayer Is In The Hospital

Posted by Gears on 28 January 2010 - 09:12 AM in Off Topic

It's stories like this that make me proud my girlfriend never lets me do light narcotics.

Those kids and their Ohio Mod Parties. Get better :3

#166729 Something I Found On Ebay, This Intrests Me

Posted by Gears on 05 August 2008 - 10:09 AM in General Nerf

That's alright. I think your answer would be that the reason a NIB XBow would go for more, or less, is because of the winners modding ability, or if they get it for a collection. An already modded weapon would go for more or less, for the same reasons.

#182456 Socal Nerf Is Here To Stay!

Posted by Gears on 08 October 2008 - 06:34 PM in General Nerf

Male Nerf cheerleading?

I'd say that's a perfect ten on the awesome meter.

#321450 SMEDLEY PARK WAR

Posted by Gears on 07 September 2012 - 12:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmmmm idk guys I might be playing hvz that day!

#347457 SLUGS AND MAGNETS

Posted by Gears on 26 June 2015 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

This is probably the worst thing I have read in a long fucking time.

Like, Putting-A-Manta-On-A-Crossbow level of garbage.

#320285 Site Feedback

Posted by Gears on 10 August 2012 - 09:27 AM in Site Feedback

If I had the time, I'd like to be a member of a number of Nerf sites/blogs. But the truth is, I just really have time for one, and, no offense, but I'd like to be a member of Nerf Revolution because it's small and "homey", but most importantly, everybody makes you feel welcome.

That's because it's nerfhaven's ban-list, silly! You guys can all relate!

#338361 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Gears on 20 April 2014 - 09:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Gears: ALL SYSTEMS GREEN

Ted: Pending party confirmation

#339372 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Gears on 05 June 2014 - 10:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Just confirming myself and JLego. Hot as fuck for this war.

#339557 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Gears on 14 June 2014 - 01:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I totally forgot to respond with how the war went! IT WAS GREAT.

And JWaskos superman jump for the bucket during penetration may the nerf highlight of the whole fucking year.

#294885 Serious Arrowstorm Improvements

Posted by Gears on 21 February 2011 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

This is why I love you.

#169082 Season Of Foam

Posted by Gears on 14 August 2008 - 12:53 PM in News

...The Idea of a documentary about nerfing struck me as something that's definitely never been done before...

That's rather ironic, my memory seems to recall something a little different.

This is quite an ambitious project you've proposed, and I'm certain I'll see you at least once, probably twice along your route in your Effeminate journey from the tainted coast.

-Groove

Groove, your videos were always a...how should I put this...A tease? They were awesome and I used them more than once to introduce some friends of mine to Nerf. I was actually a tad let down when you said you wouldn't be making it to Armageddon. This isn't the point though. Bags, this is an amazing operation you have going, and I am really liking this idea.

#348598 SCSNW TACTIFOAM

Posted by Gears on 31 August 2015 - 03:34 PM in Nerf Wars

One week to go, dudes. I hope everyone is pumped for the imminent Sandstorm.

#348504 SCSNW TACTIFOAM

Posted by Gears on 24 August 2015 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

Come and celebrate the six month anniversary of the SCNW Club, Chicago's premiere group of superstock war-goers and enthusiasts.

This event will be a first for us, an indoor war at Laser X, located approximately thirty minutes outside Chicago, a multifloor laser tag arena where we will be free to fling foam and run exciting CQB games. Because this is a private venue, there is a price per head, which will not exceed $30. The attendance level will be what determines if the price declines, but expect to either pay $30 at the door, or Paypal ahead of time.

Who: The Southwest Chicago Suburban Nerf Wars Club
What: Indoor Laser Tag Arena, Nerf Blasters, Good Times
Where: Laser X, Addison IL
When: Sunday, September 6th, from 8am-2pm
How (much): This is a paid event. $30 a head for a six hour block on rounds.

Rules: General superstock fare. Darts will be provided courtesy of the SCSNW Club. Yes, your Vortex and Rival blasters are fair game.

I think this is going to be a fun war.

#356945 SCS (Suction Cup Slug)

Posted by Gears on 29 November 2016 - 03:18 PM in Darts and Barrels

Do you have any chrono data comparing these to other forms of slugs?

#186421 Scar-l From Crysis = Spartan Ncs-12

Posted by Gears on 30 October 2008 - 05:32 AM in General Nerf

That's actually called a Heckler and Koch XM8. It was the prototype to be the next standard issue rifle for US soldiers. I believe it was scrapped a couple years ago. I talked to an Army recruier who visited my school a week ago who actually fired one. He thought it was one of the best firearms he'd ever shot.

#272953 Scano 3 Video

Posted by Gears on 21 April 2010 - 09:56 PM in Nerf Wars

You seem pretty happy when shooting people in the face.

#323819 Safety is always Important

Posted by Gears on 21 November 2012 - 11:51 PM in General Nerf

Maybe if he brushed and flossed daily his gums and roots would have better withstood the impact.

#338248 S.C.U.N.P.R.E.P. 2

Posted by Gears on 15 April 2014 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll bring a bunch of gear

;)

USER WAS BEAT ABOUT THE HEAD AND NECK FOR THIS POST

#356055 S.C.S.N.W. presents... The Fall of Foam 2

Posted by Gears on 02 October 2016 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

What about V I Pizza?

#311635 Rochester Area Nerf War?

Posted by Gears on 22 February 2012 - 04:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I would love an excuse to come and visit the University of Rochester area!