Photo

Subliminal (hidden) Messaging

45 replies to this topic

#1 notthedinkus

notthedinkus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:31 PM

I recently discovered a rude message hidden in the cover art of Super Mario Galaxy. If you put all of the letters with stars on them together it spells "U R MR. GAY".

Posted Image

I'd like to know who else noticed this, or if anyone has found other examples of "subliminal messaging."

Edited by notthedinkus, 29 June 2008 - 11:55 PM.

WANTED: Somebody to go back in time
with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box ***,
Oakview CA 93022. You'll get paid after
we get back. Must bring your own
weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have
only done this once before.

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

I never noticed that but there are 2 messages in lion king my cousin told me about a couple years ago. But I can't see why people would have subliminal messages on stuff.

#3 fishcakeisawesome

fishcakeisawesome

• Banned
  • 41 posts
  • State:Utah

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

Play the song "Stairway to Heaven" backwards by Led Zeppelin. It has some subliminal messages in it.

Edited by fishcakeisawesome, 29 June 2008 - 04:02 PM.

"Half of the nerf dudes are cringey jerks"

#4 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

Play the song Stairway to Heaven backwards by Led Zeppelin. It has some subliminal messages in it.

Backmasking is some weird stuff. Stairway is probably the most famous backmasked song. So awesome.
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#5 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

Theres a ton of disney movies that have subliminal messaging.
http://www.snopes.co...sney/disney.asp
It's crazy.

#6 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:55 PM

As gay as this is, I'm adding to it.

Google "zero tracks" they are like Stairway to Heaven, and when played backwards they have another part.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#7 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

Snopes.com would be your best bet to find any types of claims of Subliminal Messages. But on the ORIGINAL poster for the Little Mermaid there is a penis hiding on the Pipe Organ. Wow that sounds really wrong.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#8 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • State:Illinois
  • u/GearsLGLF on Reddit

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

Not to sure if there is a lot of Nintendo fans like me out on these forums, but the Mario Galaxy message is old. Really, really old.

I got one though. Next time you go to a video game shop, take a look at the box art for Okami for the Wii, and look at the wolf's mouth. You can see an IGN watermark.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#9 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:18 PM

Snopes.com would be your best bet to find any types of claims of Subliminal Messages. But on the ORIGINAL poster for the Little Mermaid there is a penis hiding on the Pipe Organ. Wow that sounds really wrong.

It's not a pipe organ. It is the castle that Ariel resides in. Also, the penis isn't a subliminal mesage. It was drawn in by an artist that was fired. Just before he was told to leave, he got to finish up his projects, including the cover of "The Little Mermaid". He added the dildo, not penis, for revenge. When they re-released the movie to DVD, they changed the artwork.

Not to sure if there is a lot of Nintendo fans like me out on these forums, but the Mario Galaxy message is old. Really, really old.

I got one though. Next time you go to a video game shop, take a look at the box art for Okami for the Wii, and look at the wolf's mouth. You can see an IGN watermark.

That also isn't a subliminal message. The mark is there for copyright purposes. If it was a message, it would be in an innoculous picture in a magazine or a cmmercial, not on their product.

For those that don't understand, a subliminal message is either an image or a word hidden in an image to direct your gaze and trigger basal instincts in one's mind to sell something or get a response. Watch this video that I will post the link to. The latter part of the video is about subliminal messages.

Urban Legends on Ebaum's World

Edited by badger, 29 June 2008 - 10:20 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#10 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

It's not a pipe organ. It is the castle that Ariel resides in. Also, the penis isn't a subliminal mesage. It was drawn in by an artist that was fired. Just before he was told to leave, he got to finish up his projects, including the cover of "The Little Mermaid". He added the dildo, not penis, for revenge. When they re-released the movie to DVD, they changed the artwork.

I don't know how credible it is, but you should check out that article on snopes.com, badger. They have something convincing to say about that story.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#11 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

Urban Legends on Ebaum's World

Why Ebaums World Sucks

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#12 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

Thats what it is. Its been a while since I saw it (found it ebaums world). I knew it was something like that. Ah, can't remember everything.

On an Australian coke-cola truck there is a little water mark of a woman giving performing a certain deed to some guys penis. I can't say what I want to say cause I'm not sure if it would violate the CoC. The guy who drew it was fired and I believe the truck driver was fined. I'm not sure (another from ebaums).

Edited by nerfsharpie6, 01 July 2008 - 05:01 PM.

#13 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

You know, I acually saw that dildo drawing on an original tape of the Little Mermaid. It was for sale at a garage sale I went to a while ago. Both my little brother (he's 8) and I were there looking at the tape, and I told him it was a sea slug. :lol: I had already spent my money on a CD player, so I could'n buy it. -_-
But seriously, I saw the little "hidden message" on SMGalaxy the first time I saw it in the glass case at the store when it came out. If it was intentional, probably, but it's a dumb message, so most people don't pay attention to it. Now if it was something like, "this game sucks", that, I would pay attention to.
EDIT: Fixed some grammar.

Edited by Bomberman, 01 July 2008 - 05:14 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#14 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:29 PM

The priest in the little mermaid has a boner!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#15 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

It's actually his knee, if you pay attention to his knee prior to where it looks like a boner, you can tell it's his knee.

#16 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

It's actually his knee, if you pay attention to his knee prior to where it looks like a boner, you can tell it's his knee.

No fucktard that is definitely not his knee. Knees aren't in the center of your pants and stick 4 inches out from your leg.

Posted Image
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#17 Ccapogreca

Ccapogreca

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:03 PM

Wow thats good shrimp.
QUOTE(keef @ Oct 25 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

Grow a penis and say it to his face. Hes a bodybuilder and would eat you for breakfast.

#18 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:14 PM

Only dark shrimp would notice that. Just kidding.

In the movie "The Messengers" with the little animated mice there is a scene when they hop on a seagulls back and in the window on the upper right hand corner is a woman. She is naked and it looks like she is screwing a dude. I don't know the exact frame buts its near the middle-end region.

#19 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:18 AM

[insert big picture and stuff here]

That is a picture. Watch the movie.

#20 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:48 AM

I recently discovered a rude message hidden in the cover art of Super Mario Galaxy. If you put all of the letters with stars on them together it spells "U R MR. GAY".

Wow, Nintendo totally pegged that game's core audience.

#21 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

I hate nintendo the games are just mario running around saying in his fake italian accent "Letsa go" or "Itsa me mario" and trying to kill giant turtles and just so he can do this the game creators make it so he can cjump 20 feet up and then hide in the air. And then the game creators try to come up with clevar names for the enemies like boo or owie or dry bones. The worst is that they all live in a fat gay mushroom obsesed world.

And that is why I dont like nintendo games.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#22 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

Well you damn well better thank them if you like any other video games. They are the pioneers....but Vacc's right, I AM gay.

#23 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

[insert big picture and stuff here]

That is a picture. Watch the movie.

Agreed. I'm man enough to admit that The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite Disney films, and I've heard all about the supposed naughty priest. If you watch the film, you will see that he has comically over-exaggerated, knobby knees and very short legs. Disney cartoons tend to do that to some characters - making them quite characaturized. Just look at his ridiculously distended face, and gargantuan nose for proof that this guy wasn't drawn with standard human proportions in mind.

It is also quite obvious (and tough to argue) what they are when you notice that there are two (not one, but TWO) of the little knobby things sticking out in various shots.

Reproductive organs don't stick out from the middle of your leg, unless you're that alien from Star Trek that Kirk kicked in the misplaced no-no spot on the Klingon prison planet.

Just because a still image seems to show something, doesn't mean that's what is there. After all, if you look at this picture of Ice:

Posted Image

...you might wonder how a scrawny teenaged boy developed such a huge rack. But if you look at other images of the kid, you realize that it was simply poor camera placement and a bit of bad luck, not gargantuan man-boobs. (Sorry to pick on you here Ice - but that image has always creeped me out - you should definately look at your photos and imagine what dirty minds might think before uploading!)

Kirk: "I'm lucky that thing had knees."
Shapeshifter: "That was not his knee. Not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place Captain."

And a bit of an OT reply to an OT post:

Well you damn well better thank them if you like any other video games.

Interesting. I didn't realise that Nintendo Entertainment System (or even the Famicom) pre-dated PONG, the early Atari systems, the Itellivision or the many numerous other actual pioneers of console gaming. Don't get me wrong - I owned a classic NES back in the day, but they certainly didn't start anything - they just helped it gain more mainstream adoption, just like they are doing now with the Wii. (Wheeeee!!!!)

Edited by Ambience 327, 02 July 2008 - 12:51 PM.

Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#24 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:57 PM

Quite right, ambience. Thanks for backing me up, and I was just about to say the same thing about video games. Kudos.

#25 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

Thanks, VACC. My statement wasn't directed at you, though. I actually have never played Super Mario Galaxies. Anyway, maybe I said it wrong, but they started a lot of things in gaming. So I should have said innovators :/ They started things like lock-targeting and such.

Someone told me that the Hilary Duff albums can be played backwards to hear a famous Nazi Speech or something, but I highly doubt it.

Edited by Thomas, 02 July 2008 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users