jackster57's Content

There have been 304 items by jackster57 (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#185179 750 Pumps.

Posted by jackster57 on 23 October 2008 - 07:48 PM in General Nerf

5 I believe. I used to give mine that before it exploded. Just Kidding. I sold it to MSDFS.
I WOULD NOT DO MORE THAN 6! But hell, my friend gives his at2k 8 and its fine...

#185169 O Rings

Posted by jackster57 on 23 October 2008 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

Hi, i'm wondering what size o rings are the ds and nf because i'm going to the hardware store to buy them and are they the same sizes?

You could just bring the plunger tube. I do not recall the actual #'s though. Just bring the tube and ask them for a o-ring that fits.

#184944 2 Bbbb As 1 Gun

Posted by jackster57 on 22 October 2008 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

Just FYI good grammar is a must to help you have a healthy, happy and long stay here at the haven. Also concept threads like these are looked down upon. May I suggest that you read the Code of Conduct before you make your next post.
Love,
Jack

#184600 Pictures In Signatures

Posted by jackster57 on 20 October 2008 - 06:02 AM in Off Topic

You question too many rules. Also I would agree that you post WAY too much. Its a freakin 1000x800 image.... It would take up more space than your post. Let this die. Please.

#184484 Night Finder 3 In 1

Posted by jackster57 on 19 October 2008 - 07:28 AM in Modifications

I made a plunger rod out of Derlin for my NF rifle. It is sold cheap by McMasterCarr , is very easy to machine and is VERY durable.

I made a plunger rod out of Derlin for my NF rifle. It is sold cheap by McMasterCarr , is very easy to machine and is VERY durable. Looks good so far. What is the dimensions or more preferably the McMaster Part # of the Plunger Tube? Also I would like to know the length , width and height of the plunger rod. I think I will make one. I might just use two NF shells though and have the last part on its own.
Good Work.

#184202 Nightfinder W/ Magazine

Posted by jackster57 on 16 October 2008 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

Really Cool. Maybe you could use a torsion spring of some sort to connect the breach to the NF priming handle. Also those Rare Earth magnets should work good for holding on the Mag. Good Luck!

#184200 Maverick Help

Posted by jackster57 on 16 October 2008 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

I used a tiny screwdriver to push out the little metal rod from the center , then use a needle nose pliers to take out the whole rod. Then I use a claw hammer to pull the whole thing apart.

#184198 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by jackster57 on 16 October 2008 - 07:37 PM in Darts and Barrels

I've been doing some experimenting around with stefans, and found that craft glue makes a very strong bond if you make darts slug style. The advantage of course it that it doesn't melt the foam and is arguably as strong a bond as hot glue. The disadvantage is that it takes over a day to entirely dry. Ill be doing some "which one is better" type experimenting soon if any one even cares...

-Wes

Really? I have been using hot glue so far. The hot glue has worked good but sometimes runs over the edge and makes unwanted friction. Liquid Nails FAILED for me. I had LN all over myself and they had a horrible lifespan. I am interested to see how craft glue works. How have mine been holding up for you? Oh and by the way I found out some good Russian Quotes for next MENWAR.

#184169 Fbr Directory

Posted by jackster57 on 16 October 2008 - 06:25 PM in General Nerf

I would write what barrel it fits in best. That has a lot of confusion too. Also MD foam is grey. And so is frost king. I would add those two brands. They both only fit in 17/32 and CPVC.

I have to disagree. Frost King foam fits in everything, Tight in CPVC, a bit loose in PETG, perfect fit in 17/32 brass, a bit tight in 9/16.

That makes 0% sense. How can something be tight in 17/32 , Loose in PETG and Tight in 9/16?? Also I have found that no matter what I do I cant make frost king bigger than 17/32. How can it fit in all 3? Thats an a 3/16 of an inch span... Also frost king is horribly inconsistent. I just use McMaster FBR. Perfect in 17/32

#184161 Fbr Directory

Posted by jackster57 on 16 October 2008 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

I would write what barrel it fits in best. That has a lot of confusion too. Also MD foam is grey. And so is frost king. I would add those two brands. They both only fit in 17/32 and CPVC.

#183672 Frost King Foam

Posted by jackster57 on 14 October 2008 - 04:12 PM in General Nerf

I got some frost king foam of this sort. I made a batch of stefans. I loved them and switched over to 9/16 for all of my barrels. I went to get some more and it was nowhere to be found, well there was only the tin stuff. Lesson Learned - Dont use frost king. Use the kind they sell at McMaster. 10 bucks for 20 feet shipped.

#183098 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 11 October 2008 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

End Recap. The 2 members we had have posted. Are all you you super informed now? You better come for the spring... All of you..

#183083 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 11 October 2008 - 05:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow. My whole body hurts. We had great time.

+ Seeing some other peoples take on guns
+ Having a low key but fun war
+ Not getting asked to move even though there was a cop in the park for the first 15 min.
+ Wes's Friend Wearing a USSR hat and someone at the park asking if he was from Russia then he started using a accent for the rest of the day
+ Wes. What a great guy. Nice , funny, and a great nerfer too.
+ Selling some darts
+ One of kyle's darts getting stuck in a jet stream and going 200 feet
+ The Capture the Flag. My favorite round by far.
+ Wes's friends "vantage point" and "camo paint"
+ Shooting the Trash Can

Bad things -

- Me shooting Wes WAY to close to the chest with a Maxshot
- Both of my guns breaking and me repairing them with duct tape at lunch
-Loosing a bunch of darts
- That 12 year old ben who's mom was 1 hr late and made me stay in the parking lot with him. All because he whined his Mom into going to target for him for a BBB at 4:10 when the war was over at 4.

Over all it was a great time

#182683 Sch 80 Pvc

Posted by jackster57 on 09 October 2008 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

Jackster has the right part number, but a nonsensical price.

There's no big secret to navigating McMaster. Just start you search with a generic term like "pipe" or "plastics" the refine by type, size, shape, material, price, or specification.

Wait... It was 17 bucks with shipping. Just checked the invoice. I got a 10 foot insanely heavy duty shipping tube. It was worth the money.
The tube cost 10 bucks. It is the most hard core shipping tube I have EVER seen. And I bought the item.

#182675 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 09 October 2008 - 05:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Looks like a great day. Thomas just sadly dropped out due to personal problems , but we will still have a blast! I think Guinea is coming though I have not heard from him in a while. Also I just got a last minute email from a validating member names struckbystefan. He is coming for sure and bringing a friend. I will be there at 9:30[size=2] Can't Wait!!!!!

#182540 Sch 80 Pvc

Posted by jackster57 on 09 October 2008 - 06:14 AM in Modifications

It took ME 40 seconds...

Here is the part # 48855K21 comes to about $23 shipped.

#182474 Cpvc, And Where To Buy

Posted by jackster57 on 08 October 2008 - 07:51 PM in General Nerf

Ace , Homedepot , McMaster Carr online , True Value , any local hardware , lowes. Tons of places. And fix your grammar please.

#182431 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 08 October 2008 - 04:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Where:
Royal River Park
Yarmouth , Maine 04096

Google Map -

http://maps.google.c....01133&t=h&z=17

When:

Sat. Oct. 11th (Date Change)
10 AM ~ to about 4 PM

Rules and stuff:

This field is pretty open , with bushes/plants for cover. I will be having this war if I get 6+ participants. The park is only 1hr and 45 min from Boston. There is a subway/convenience store about 1/4 of a mile down the road for lunch and my house is only 1 mile away.

We'll test powerful blasters to make sure they are safe. No singled titans or sm5k's. Bring 100+ darts. Wear safety glasses if you are under 18. We'll play some of the standard team deathmatch games, along with some capture the flag and pistol rounds. We can also play some requests.

Participators:

Definite: 6
Jackster57 + 1-2
Guinea (Foam Universe Member)
Wes7143 + 1 (non-validated member)

Maybe:
Thomas
Nerfer192

hey i might be able to go. Might be late though. Football practice. It's about 1 hr 15 mins from my house. I'll see if my team can go.

BUMPALICIOS!

Lets Go New England Nerfers. I know there is lots of you. Where are you? There is a big crew from MA I know Lets get this thing going. If you and your friends come we could have a pretty good amount of people. Come to this nerf war. I know, and you know that you will have a blast.

Yea i must agree, my team has 10 people we're all in MA. There's a big field near where i live trees, bushes, etc. for cover. It's shrewsbury. Don't know when though

Come. Please. That would turn this war into a quite amazing war. That would make us have 16 people. That is an uber war. It will be great. Really , Please try to come. You wont regret it... It's fine if you are late. As long as you make it is the thing that counts. When would you be showing up? Come. Now.

#182249 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by jackster57 on 07 October 2008 - 06:47 PM in Darts and Barrels

93295K43 will this McMaster Part Fit Well in PETG / a nested brass barrel?

#181111 Dremel

Posted by jackster57 on 02 October 2008 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

I have THE 300 series. I would recommend it. It comes with a bunch of attachments in a little box. It came with about 10 cutting wheels and 3 heavy duty ones. It also came with a couple sanders. It came with a SUPER heavy duty case. Its a great little thing. I do a LOT of dremling and it has help up well. I have had it for 3/4 of a year so far and have had NO problems.

#180231 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by jackster57 on 28 September 2008 - 05:38 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone is driving through New Hampshire , Mass. , or Maine would they like to carpool and split the cost of Gas? I could meet you pretty much anywhere in those 3 states. If someone is in fact driving through those states I would love to carpool. PM me if you are.

#180130 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 28 September 2008 - 12:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Only two Weeks til the War!

Thomas and nerfer192 I need to know if you can come!
For everyone else get your darts and blasters ready! See all of you there.

#179990 Spiderman 3 Dart Blaster

Posted by jackster57 on 27 September 2008 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

I just got one today at TRU for 11 bucks. It twas in the spiderman toy section. I just jammed a PETG stub down the barrel that is a bit too short and I am getting about 35 feet. I also haven't plugged that "vent" above the barrel. I think with some longer PETG and that vent thing I should be able to get about 50 feet. I am going to glue it onto my MaxShot.

Here is a pic of mine , and I know that that piece of PETG sucks.

Posted Image

#179908 Tri-barrel Secret Shot 1

Posted by jackster57 on 27 September 2008 - 07:44 AM in Modifications

Very Nice. Mine was an Effeminate fail , but I think the straw will help when I get a new one. This is great. And also to those who asked this gun is VERY comfy in your hand. I would say better than a NF.

#179324 Should I Host An Ma War?

Posted by jackster57 on 24 September 2008 - 04:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Or you could come to the ME war. LINKAGE - http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=13121
Its only 2 hr. from Boston. Come Please. All you.

#178654 Large Quantities Of Fbr

Posted by jackster57 on 21 September 2008 - 04:55 PM in General Nerf

I used dennis brand before my hardware store switched to Frost King. Frost King Blows. The dennis brand has a perfect fit in CPVC , 17/32 , or anything else with a 1/2'' ID. It is too loose in OMC's Thick Walled PETG.

#178158 Summer Battle Of The Pines

Posted by jackster57 on 18 September 2008 - 07:28 PM in Nerf Wars

One of my family's friends has been diagnosed with cancer. On this sat. I am riding 22 miles on a bike to raise $ for cancer research. If its this Sat. I can't come.

#178124 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 18 September 2008 - 04:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll think about coming, have to ask parents and get some new guns, right now all I have is a DTB and a TT

It would be awesome if you could come! And actually a DTB I assume you mean the 10 shot ones , are good primarys if you can get one to shoot more than 45 feet or so. They are very very good if you can have a secondary/pistol that has one powerful shot. Hope you can come.

@thomas-

I changed the date back for you, can you come for sure?

#177797 Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Posted by jackster57 on 16 September 2008 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

Thanks a lot guys, but splitlip, your link is broken. At 12.99 I need to look into either this or a maxshot.

At 10 dollars. Look at split's link. I have both of these , and I would suggest these over a maxshot. They get about 10 feet less range, but I can get 3 of these for 1 maxshot.

#177761 Ma War?

Posted by jackster57 on 16 September 2008 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Um. Where do I start.....

#1 CODE OF CONDUCT.
It is your friend. Read it , learn it , DO IT.

Please search , avoid txt tlk and use proper grammar.

And yes there is 2 Nerf Wars in your area.

Fighting Jack Frost - http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12697

Maine Nerf War - http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=13121

Thanks.

#177293 Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Posted by jackster57 on 14 September 2008 - 08:30 AM in Modifications

These really are all over if you look. The cheapest place I have found them is here http://www.netlinken....php?prod=PS800 I think i'll order one later today. My current primary is a maxshot which is ironic to me.

#176602 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 11 September 2008 - 03:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Does anyone else want to go? Only 2 hrs tops from Boston! Lets go guys.
Time for some 1337!

T3H 8uMp00Rzz!

#176157 Summer Battle Of The Pines

Posted by jackster57 on 09 September 2008 - 02:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok. The 27th it is. Please update the main page with attendance and the new info. Also, your google maps link doesn't work. Ill see you on the 27th. Also , can you come to the Portland, Maine nerf war? I hope so.
See ya on the 27th.

#176154 Summer Battle Of The Pines

Posted by jackster57 on 09 September 2008 - 02:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Is this gonna happen? If so, is it this coming up weekend? Same park I am assuming. Could someone please update the first post with correct info and the people who are coming. If it is on this weekend on Saturday at the same park then I can go. But can someone please get me some correct info?

#176151 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 09 September 2008 - 01:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Sure. The 11th it'll be. I have no problem with that. Is that OK with guinea? If so it works out great.

I have already PMed TS and Fenix but have gotten no reply. See you on the 11th.

#176023 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 08 September 2008 - 08:01 PM in Nerf Wars

BUMPALICIOS!

Lets Go New England Nerfers. I know there is lots of you. Where are you? There is a big crew from MA I know Lets get this thing going. If you and your friends come we could have a pretty good amount of people. Come to this nerf war. I know, and you know that you will have a blast.

#175669 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 07 September 2008 - 03:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Cool! If Guinea would like to contact me , my email is gmelder57@gmail.com

Those paintball bunkers will be a huge help! Really hope you can come as well Thomas. Also I hope some people like TS and his crew can come.

#175595 How Tight Should They Be?

Posted by jackster57 on 07 September 2008 - 07:47 AM in General Nerf

You took the turret off my old maxshot? Oh well. I would strongly reccomend a nested brass barrel of 3 inches of 17/32 nested into 9 inches of 9/16, all nested in PVC, and jammed into a coupler. I tried this, and I have very similar fitting darts to you (tight in CPVC, and loose in OMC petg)
Hope this helps.

Sorry, but yes I did take the turret off of the maxshot. It got to be a pain, and its range was only OK. Thanks for the advice about the barrel set up. And the maxshot is still holding strong.

#175591 How Tight Should They Be?

Posted by jackster57 on 07 September 2008 - 07:26 AM in General Nerf

Fist off yes, the title is a that's what she said joke on purpose.

Now for my real question. How tight do I want my darts in their barrel? I am using a Maxshot and will soon upgrade to a ETRL pump action shotgun. My stefans are tight in cpvc. While I do not have to twist them in, I can NOT blow them down the barrel what-so-ever. In 17/32nds brass the fit is similar to cpvc but a bit looser. In PETG my darts are very loose. They are about as loose as can be without sliding up and down. I can NOT slide the darts by shaking the PETG though. I am using a CPVC coupler on my maxshot as of now, with 9'' of CPVC. My question to you guys is "What type of barrel set-up should I use in my high powered springers? I can never really get a straight answer. Because I have never warred with anyone besides my inexperienced friends I am unsure of which barrel set up will give me the best range/accuracy. Also I am using both C_S style felt and washer stefans along with 3 copper bb stefans. Please help me put an end to this on going question in my head.

Thanks,
Jack

#175395 Menwar Recap Thread. (maine Nerf War)

Posted by jackster57 on 06 September 2008 - 01:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Talking to my parents about going. I partially live in Maine, so I'll post back if I can go. I'm also contacting Guinea, from Foam Universe, he lives in Maine. We were actually thinking about hosting an annual war, we did SMANO last November and it was fun. I'm in Acton, so I'll see how far away you are and then my parents will see if they're up to driving a few hours.

Only an Hour and a half, not bad.

Cool! Hope you can come.