Demon Lord's Content

There have been 268 items by Demon Lord (Search limited from 11-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#293177 Big Bad Bow Sonic Dart Clip Possibility?

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 January 2011 - 03:00 AM in Modifications

Thinwall 1/2'' PVC can be used to carry sonic darts no problem. I've seen both inlines and RSCBs use it to hold the darts. And from my experience 1/2'' PVC from Lowes and Menards can be used as a good barrel material for sonic darts, at least in DeKalb anyway.

#292888 Awno 2 (awesome Wisconsin Nerf Out) New Host

Posted by Demon Lord on 15 January 2011 - 08:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I have to work until close the night before and will be running on less than 5 hours of sleep and will not be on time (anyone surprised, really?) but I will do my best to be there. I'd say 85% chance of showing up.

#292238 Awno 2 (awesome Wisconsin Nerf Out) New Host

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 January 2011 - 07:56 PM in Nerf Wars

If I get the day off I'll show up. I won't be doing much running, but I'll show up.

#292154 Stampede Shield In Wars

Posted by Demon Lord on 03 January 2011 - 04:38 PM in General Nerf

At the wars I've been to that have the Stampede shield in use it usually does not count if the shield is hit and is attached to the gun. Ultimately its up to the war host to handle and decide.

#292103 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by Demon Lord on 02 January 2011 - 09:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Either of those days work for me, the parkour is out though. I'm recovering from ankle and heel surgery and am currently under advisement not to run at the moment. I'll have recovered enough to run by the war but the parkour is out for good.

#292101 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Demon Lord on 02 January 2011 - 08:40 PM in Homemades

Should zip ties and hot glue not work, try JB-WELD. I've used that stuff numerous times on many applications and its held up every time.

#292060 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by Demon Lord on 02 January 2011 - 04:09 AM in Nerf Wars

Either date works well for me, I'll do my best to be there.

#291607 R Series Blasters - Overview!

Posted by Demon Lord on 26 December 2010 - 10:18 PM in Homemades

CPVC at lowes is generally right next to the PVC in that same isle and is beige as a rule instead of white.

#291212 Concept: Firing From An Open Bolt.

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 December 2010 - 02:23 AM in Homemades

Here's a problem with that idea: because the bolt is slamming forward to close the breech you're putting major pressure on the front of the plunger tube and decreasing plunger tube volume as well. You could end up killing your ranges as well as your plunder tube when that shatters and sends the dart, bolt, and plunder at the target.

#289581 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Demon Lord on 01 December 2010 - 03:53 AM in Modifications

The gun it self is, again, a little too tacticool, but its not bad for a first gun.

I've seen that word in several threads, what exactly does "tacticool"mean, and why is it a bad thing?

Tacticool is use of realistic stuff on the blaster or carried as part of the person. A laser sight for example would be a tacticool addition

#289580 Mag3k

Posted by Demon Lord on 01 December 2010 - 03:50 AM in Modifications

I'm curious, what is that weird corner piece that you used to create the dual RSCBs?

here's a source

http://flexpvc.com/c...-side-outlet-90

Do you think a hardware store would carry them, or are these as elusive as wyes?

Most good hardware stores carry those. I've seen them at Lowe's, Menards, and Home Depot.

#288778 Primary And Secondary?

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 November 2010 - 12:51 PM in General Nerf

Another definition of a secondary is a back up or hold out blaster. Something you can draw quickly while reloading your primary. This is usually something of the pistol variety.

#288777 Sellers, Beware Of This Nerf Ebay Scam!

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 November 2010 - 12:41 PM in General Nerf

I'm with Bob on this one. Tell Paypal and eBay what she's trying to do and then let them take it from there. For all anyone knows she did receive everything and is just trying to scam you out of your money.

#288771 Area 52 Blaster Modification

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 November 2010 - 01:42 AM in Modifications

You're a masochist aren't you? Another hilarious and worthy write-up for a blaster that isn't even close to a worthy side-arm. Keep up the suffering for all our benefits!

#288480 Sellers, Beware Of This Nerf Ebay Scam!

Posted by Demon Lord on 16 November 2010 - 04:00 PM in General Nerf

My suggestion would be to leave neutral feedback with buyer. While ebay now has some protection for sellers like yourself (such as neither parties being able to see each others feedback until feedback was left by both) it is easy to get around them. Neutral feedback is the best way to warn people about what happened without having too high of a risk of negative feedback.

#288472 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by Demon Lord on 16 November 2010 - 12:46 PM in Nerf Wars

From my experience with marshmallows, they are less likely to explode when fired and tend to fly better. Could just let them dry out in the air though...

#288455 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by Demon Lord on 15 November 2010 - 08:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome, now I can get the time off of work ready. And freeze dry my marshmallows.

#288225 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by Demon Lord on 10 November 2010 - 02:27 PM in Nerf Wars

If your allowing marshmallows to be used, can we use mini marshmallows?

#288224 Wino 1

Posted by Demon Lord on 10 November 2010 - 02:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Good war, pace could have been a touch faster for getting rounds started, but overall a good war.

+ Ghettostacles did work
- Uneven disturibution of blasters on Attack/Defend. If your team is mostly melee, expect a slaughter. Blasters could have been toned down though as that playground was kind small
+ Pace for getting rounds started could have been faster
+ Dusters are awesome. I didn't feel a single hit.
= Experimental rifling in my Big Blast barrel didn't work well but at least didn't hinder either

#287991 Wino 1

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 November 2010 - 07:14 PM in Nerf Wars

WEll never mind then. I just don't know what to do with them.

BONFIRE!

#287946 Wino 1

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 November 2010 - 11:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Since I want this stuff gone and since people seem to enjoy the melee stuff I bring, I'll have most of my arsenal with me, and nothing for sale over $12!

#287926 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 November 2010 - 04:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Crap! I KNEW I forgot a war!. It'll be my last outdoor for the year, but I'll try and be there.

#287366 Nerf In Snow

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 October 2010 - 11:56 PM in Nerf Wars

From experience from MANO 1.5, don't use white stephans. You won't find them in the snow.

#287317 Wino 1

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 October 2010 - 07:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be there pending disaster (knowing my luck, that's going to happen),

#287277 Hamp Help...

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 October 2010 - 09:03 PM in Homemades

Make sure you have an airgun fit for your darts. HAMPS don't like tight barrels

#287158 Mobstacles 2.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 18 October 2010 - 11:30 PM in Homemades

*snip*

*snip*
*snip*

Yeah, There very easy to set up after our core decides to run 80 feet. Haha.

Using these as cores has been fun and interesting, but we really need to do something smaller than 4' square, and yet still larger than a shoebox. One day I'll get around to making a 2' elevated cube for a core. Also, the whole runaway core thing is a huge problem, and it's not the first time that happened.

Ground stakes would be a good idea, or tying it to a tree or three might work as well.

#286909 Mano 3

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 October 2010 - 12:19 PM in Nerf Wars

EDIT:I know that you particularly made it clear that the only person that is allowed a shield is the Spartan, but
if I wanted to use a low-range blaster such as the stampede itself, would you make an exception for the stampede shield? Or is that a no-go?

I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but I would like the shield to be a class only thing. Rounds with no classes should be fine though.

Awesome, I had a shield to test out.

#286776 Mano 3

Posted by Demon Lord on 10 October 2010 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. I'm leaving about 430 ish, but I'll be there

#286670 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by Demon Lord on 07 October 2010 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I will only attend if the king of parkour will be attending!!! If your car still isn't fixed, just parkour to the war!

The car is fixed and hopefully I'll have a new one by then, but the weather may dictate otherwise.
I'm am soooooo getting called out at some point from that "King of Parkour"...thanks Snake....
Now if it was racing it'd be a different story...

#286627 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 October 2010 - 11:41 AM in Nerf Wars

Depending on weather and school I could be there.

#286587 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 October 2010 - 11:50 PM in Nerf Wars

First and formost, I hate my current car, the whole reason that I couldn't be their for most of the war. However:

Good times were had
My thrown together darts really sucked
Sold off some unused blasters
Still have a ton of Melee weapons that I need to get rid of
The new mobstacles are awesome
PACs are awesome
Using said mobstacles as mobile tanks
Overall had a good time for the couple of hours I got to play

EDIT: 28 people (with photo!), largest chicago-area war to date!

#286575 Mano 3

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 October 2010 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Mark me down as a maybe, I'll request the time off of work.

#286262 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 September 2010 - 06:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Speaking of issues popping up at the last minute, my car suspension decided to rust out and fall apart on me so while I may show up Saturday (I'm going to do my best) it won't be until much later, if at all.

Just PARKOUR to the war...

Its not a matter of getting to the war, its a matter of Saturday is the only day I'll be able to fix my car. I'll do my damnest to make it to the war.

#286229 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 September 2010 - 01:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Speaking of issues popping up at the last minute, my car suspension decided to rust out and fall apart on me so while I may show up Saturday (I'm going to do my best) it won't be until much later, if at all.

#286099 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Demon Lord on 26 September 2010 - 06:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Less than one week out till the war and I just want to say that I will have stuff to sell. Some blasters but also for those in the melee business (mostly the WI and IN guys) I will have a TON of melee weapons that I have no need for and would like to get rid of.
This is what I have for sale melee-wise (note, these are NOT your standard PVC boffers, these are rattan core boffers that will hold up longer than PVC will):
- 2 6 foot staffs $25 each
- 2 Axes $25 each
- Several swords of various sizes - $15 to $25 each
- A Korean style Katana - $30

A blaster list and prices will be up in the next day or two.

#285537 South Milwaukee Nerf Rumble

Posted by Demon Lord on 16 September 2010 - 07:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Good war overall. My only complaint was that there was too much time between rounds, although required water breaks in that weather is a good idea.
And special thanks to LEDs parents for cooking. That was awesome.
EDIT: Who shot the photo of me after getting the Uberdart? Could that be posted?

#285408 Stampede Problems

Posted by Demon Lord on 14 September 2010 - 06:42 PM in Modifications

Not to make anyone sound stupid, but make sure the switch is on and hasn't been jammed off.

#285315 South Milwaukee Nerf Rumble

Posted by Demon Lord on 12 September 2010 - 09:16 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to be late, but I'm leaving shortly.

#284770 South Milwaukee Nerf Rumble

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 September 2010 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be the first to confirm, I'll be there.

#284122 Orange Fbr

Posted by Demon Lord on 27 August 2010 - 01:58 PM in Darts and Barrels

Demon Lord, can you add pics? Anyways, I bought some McMaster foam and I like it a lot, good petg airgun fit, cpvc springer fit.

ok can you send the number so i can try it out.

It was several months ago that I bought the stuff, so no, I don't have pictures of the darts. I salvaged what I could of the washers and felt and threw the foam away.