Stampede Problems

no power running through my machine...

14 replies to this topic

#1 ZimZam93

ZimZam93

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

hey guys i got my stampede a few days ago and began modding it, basically just to start i wanted to take out the AR. so i opened it took out the plunger system, hammered out the AR and put it back together, and when it was fully assembled clip inserted and the safety off oh and i do have 6 new D batteries in it, i went to pull the trigger and nothing happened. there was no sound of the motor running and not grabbing the plunger system. With a lot of people having some in depth experience with this gun, i thought i would ask. If there were any cords or wires and easily snapped when opening your stampede, but all my wires are intact. If anyone has any solutions or suggestions please tell me, I dont want to spend another 50 bucks :/ until then ill keep trying to fix it thanks.
Become Legendary

Everyone knew it would suck...we just didn't know it would suck this much

#2 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

The most likely candidate is probably the wire that connects the safety switch to the rest of the circuit. If you pulled the two halves completely apart it's possible that you severed it.

#3 ZimZam93

ZimZam93

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

The most likely candidate is probably the wire that connects the safety switch to the rest of the circuit. If you pulled the two halves completely apart it's possible that you severed it.

oh yea sorry i should have added that, both halves are still connected by the wire, nothing is visabably disconnected, as far as i can see, sorry second question i just noticed, but what is it tthat drives the plunger system forward, i cant see how it gets pushed. I might just be stupid
Become Legendary

#4 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:37 PM

I'm having a similar problem. I removed two of the three pressure switches that act as safetys, and activate when a clip is placed into the blaster. I removed them, and twisted the wires together adding e-tape on top. Now the thing refuses to work at all.

#5 ZimZam93

ZimZam93

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

I'm having a similar problem. I removed two of the three pressure switches that act as safetys, and activate when a clip is placed into the blaster. I removed them, and twisted the wires together adding e-tape on top. Now the thing refuses to work at all.

yea im not sure whats up with mine i dont want to mess with the wires, in fear of making it worse so far im staring another 50 dollar purchase in the face
Become Legendary

#6 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

Not to make anyone sound stupid, but make sure the switch is on and hasn't been jammed off.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#7 ZimZam93

ZimZam93

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

Not to make anyone sound stupid, but make sure the switch is on and hasn't been jammed off.

no thats a good poinnt, well i know the switch is on, but it being stuck off is a good point.

just checked it and no it works, well the switch isnt stuck, so I have yet to determine the cause of this.
Become Legendary

#8 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

This happened to me, as well. After opening it and closing it a few times, precisely adjusting the placement of things, it worked. Likely, nothing is broken, but something it slightly out of place, triggering a safety. For me, the problem was the positioning of the slide cover. It needs to be precisely in the right position upon re-assembly, or it will trip a safety.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#9 ZimZam93

ZimZam93

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

This happened to me, as well. After opening it and closing it a few times, precisely adjusting the placement of things, it worked. Likely, nothing is broken, but something it slightly out of place, triggering a safety. For me, the problem was the positioning of the slide cover. It needs to be precisely in the right position upon re-assembly, or it will trip a safety.

i'm sorry i might just be stupid, but by slide cover do you mean that piece of plastic that screw over the the plunger system to keep it from popping out?
Become Legendary

#10 SpectreX

SpectreX

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

i'm sorry i might just be stupid, but by slide cover do you mean that piece of plastic that screw over the the plunger system to keep it from popping out?

I believe he's referring to the "Access" cover that you open if you want to clear a jam. It has to be perfectly closed or it trips a safety, and it's very easy to not get it put back in quite right when you're reassembling.

#11 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

Wes is right.

There are four safety's on this blaster. They are all pressure switches. 3 are activated by the clip, and the other is activated by the jam door/access cover/whatever you wish to call it.

#12 ZimZam93

ZimZam93

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

okay! awesome thank you everybody for your help. Im just got back from school and screw chem, Im getting this to work if it kills me. thanks guys
Become Legendary

#13 ZimZam93

ZimZam93

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

hey just confirming that that was the problem, so its solved now :lol:
Become Legendary

#14 ZimZam93

ZimZam93

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

okay, finally got it working again, and have encountered a second problem, when i insert a clip full of darts (streamlines) the sled grabs the first dart and when i pull the trigger the plunger system moves forward and back like its shooting but it keeps the same dart in the sled. any ideas? i think i might have messed up even a simple AR removal haha
Become Legendary

#15 SgNerf

SgNerf

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

okay, finally got it working again, and have encountered a second problem, when i insert a clip full of darts (streamlines) the sled grabs the first dart and when i pull the trigger the plunger system moves forward and back like its shooting but it keeps the same dart in the sled. any ideas? i think i might have messed up even a simple AR removal haha

You installed your plunger rod catch plate the wrong way... the "solid" side should be facing the plunger, the "crate" pattern side should be facing away from the plunger.

Edited by SgNerf, 18 September 2010 - 04:41 PM.

Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users