Photo

Nerf In Snow

Is nerfing in snow a good idea?

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Snow+Nerf (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it a good idea

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you attend a war during snow

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 cyclops

cyclops

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

I have benn considering to host a war after I move but odds are there will be snow. So I would like to know your thoughts on snow + nerf, and would you attend a war in it.
Say No To Drugs
Say Yes To Tacos

#2 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19960

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=14582

Try searching
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#3 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:56 PM

From experience from MANO 1.5, don't use white stephans. You won't find them in the snow.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:21 AM

From experience from MANO 1.5, don't use white stephans. You won't find them in the snow.

Depending on how deep the snow is, you won't find any darts at all. Expect to lose every dart you bring. That said, it's fun, and a different experience. Nerfing is way better in summer, but a winter war is worth it if you've never done it before.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:03 PM

The only thing I can see making a snowy nerf experience worthwhile is snow forts. If enough of the snow was used to make the forts, some darts might even survive.

That aside, poor dart recovery sucks. And, getting shot on cold bare skin sucks. And getting shot in a fluffy coat, such that you can't feel that you've been hit at all, sucks. So, for the most part, snow nerf is a bad idea.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,073 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

I like nerf in the snow, but that opinion is not widely share.

The posts that k9 linked to are filled with a lot of practical information on the subject, so I don't think a major re-hash is due.

#7 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

Winter war back in '08 in Columbus at a war in Upper Arlington. T'was very nice. Bitter cold, windy, everyone's blaster's sucked and most people had 1 piece of damage to their blasters.

BUT IT ROCKED!

Bunch of rushing, tacticool shit and a good mood. 1 bad round spoiled the day, but looking back, t'was nice.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#8 sllewgh

sllewgh

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

The hardest part about nerfing in the snow for me was dexterity. It's hard to load a lot of guns while wearing gloves enough to protect your hands. You do have to get down in the snow to retrieve your darts. I've nerfed at night in New York in the winter snow, and it was fun, but what I remember most was how it was impossible to load guns with gloves on, and my hands getting so cold I couldn't load 'em with gloves off.

When snowmageddon hit the Baltimore area this past winter, we had chest-high cover snowbanks, and were nerfing right on the main streets (which were shut down). THAT was an amazing experience, nerfing in what is usually a busy street in the middle of a busy city. This time I had the sense to use nightfinders only. Easy to load, easy on ammo. Lesson learned, worked fine.

#9 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania
  • u/SublimeDom777 on Reddit

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:03 AM

Out here in Man-Land (aka Pittsburgh) we have Nerfed in most weather conditions. In fact, we Nerfed post-Snowmageddon snow. It was still probably more than 1 foot deep where we played. We may have only played like 5-6 rounds all day, but I count it amongst one of our best wars ever for the unique experience.

For those of you with loading woes, look at hardware stores for (I believe they're called) "Carpenter's Gloves". I found them at my local ACE equivalent (Do It Best). They are gloves with the fingertips cut off of only the thumb and forefinger (and maybe middle finger) and are designed to be fairly flexible while still protective (and do insulate fairly well).

Also, black dart return rates RULE in snow.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users