Jakethesnake's Content

There have been 144 items by Jakethesnake (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#63897 Triple Pump Tubed At2k

Posted by Jakethesnake on 19 September 2005 - 12:19 AM in Modifications

PissBacon: The resistance is moderate, there is some but really with only two pumps you don't really notice it that much because you barely have to pump and you're done.

Tucker: I used 1/2" "thin walled" pvc, I think you're thinking of the thicker stuff.

edit PissBacon, I forgot to mention, I attatched the pump tubes with super glue. I first sanded the shell of the gun then the part of the pvc that would contact the gun. By sanding it I took away the smooth oily finish that nerf guns are notorious for and the bond between the at2k and the pump tubes is extremely strong.

#63856 Triple Pump Tubed At2k

Posted by Jakethesnake on 18 September 2005 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

I posted this modification on nhq, but for those of you who do not browse the forums over there, here is my triple pump tubed At2k (that's the best name I could come up with, sorry). The idea here is to make three pump tubes instead of the normal single one. If all goes right, the number of pumps it takes to prime the gun should be significantly less. I used two 1/2" pieces of pvc to make the extra pump tubes. The plunger shafts are 1/2" cpvc and the makeshift plungers are o-rings surrounded by a few wraps of electrical tape. Enough said, it takes about 2 pumps to prime the air tank. Here are the pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the vinyl tubing plugs in directly to the end of the original pumpshaft right before the one-way rubber valve.

#63298 Need 1500 Mod.

Posted by Jakethesnake on 07 September 2005 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

Very nice clean writeup man, the NIC needs more people like you, and less people like the title.

#63292 The Loud Nf

Posted by Jakethesnake on 07 September 2005 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

but your gun will be so quiet you can basically sneak up and barrel tap your opponents instead of shooting them anyways.

Now, not that that isn't a good Idea or anything, but If you were going to tap them with the barrel, why not just leave the range as is? the gun doesn't make noise when you're not loading or shooting.

Because if you leave the gun "as is" then it will be loud and you wouldn't be able to be so quiet. Didn't you read my post in this thread?

#63224 The Loud Nf

Posted by Jakethesnake on 06 September 2005 - 07:38 PM in General Nerf

I found that taking the spring out completely greatly decreases the amount of noise the NF makes. Of course, you're going to sacrifice a little bit of range but your gun will be so quiet you can basically sneak up and barrel tap your opponents instead of shooting them anyways.

#63152 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by Jakethesnake on 05 September 2005 - 09:16 PM in General Nerf

From the sounds of it, I think with a dremel, the restrictor should be no problem at all. Also, I'm liking the red arrows, very nice, yellow is too retro, red does the trick nicely.

#62903 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Jakethesnake on 01 September 2005 - 09:37 PM in Off Topic

Suckers

I'm suprised a little old group of nerf fanatics have gone so far on F@H

#62889 A Full Auto Homemade

Posted by Jakethesnake on 01 September 2005 - 07:07 PM in Homemades

So your prototype was just the shells then?

#62886 A Full Auto Homemade

Posted by Jakethesnake on 01 September 2005 - 06:45 PM in Homemades

How can we help you if we have no idea what this "gun" looks like.

#62759 Punisher Skull On My Ar

Posted by Jakethesnake on 30 August 2005 - 01:47 AM in Off Topic

I'm not saying the skull looks bad, but I just think it looks better without it.

#62757 Punisher Skull On My Ar

Posted by Jakethesnake on 30 August 2005 - 01:11 AM in Off Topic

Adding a punisher skull on something that merely shoots foam is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Leave the far alone, I think it looks better just flat black all around.

#62743 Far Revisited

Posted by Jakethesnake on 29 August 2005 - 07:06 PM in Homemades

It's all in the spreadsheet he made up in excel.

#62723 Far Revisited

Posted by Jakethesnake on 29 August 2005 - 03:42 PM in Homemades

I toyed with the idea of putting blank shells in my stefans to kick back the bolt like in a real gun, but it might incinerate my darts.

That, and the far is made out of plastic.

#62700 Hexadecimal

Posted by Jakethesnake on 29 August 2005 - 01:26 AM in Off Topic

Yeah, I've never even heard of it.

#62203 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Jakethesnake on 18 August 2005 - 03:01 PM in Off Topic

Is the German Hardware Network still gaining ground on us?

#61941 I Use Berries For Ammo.

Posted by Jakethesnake on 14 August 2005 - 07:49 PM in General Nerf

Just use like blackberries or something, they'll get all mushy and stuff but there's no arguing as to whether or not you got hit because they will leave a huge berry stain on the clothes.

#61903 Nerf Arena

Posted by Jakethesnake on 14 August 2005 - 01:07 AM in Nerf Wars

I think after a while, and word got out, and it became mainstream, people would do it a lot and you could actually build a business around it. But getting it popular would be the hard part. I think people struggle with the word nerf, because they associate it with kids toys, but in reality, they really are just kids toys.

#60869 Fall Caff

Posted by Jakethesnake on 01 August 2005 - 10:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I already posted this on HQ and thought I might as well give it a try here too. I live near salem oregon, it's going to be a 14 hour drive maybe more but I am going to try and make it to this one. Problem is I need a place to stay for a night, possible two at the most. I can't afford both hotels and gas so I was wondering if anybody would let me stay with them to help me cut the costs of going down there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#60288 Far Revisited

Posted by Jakethesnake on 26 July 2005 - 09:57 PM in Homemades

If the crossbow in this thread will work I might be coaxed into donating it. It's just got square brass tubing on each side of the cocking handle, not sure if you can make that work.

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=4746

#59683 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by Jakethesnake on 19 July 2005 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

How, it's like 2-3 times bigger. Anyways, this going back and forth is getting pretty stupid, lets just wait and see, no one is going to be right or wrong until we can all actually see it ourselves.

#59656 Air Travel And Nerf

Posted by Jakethesnake on 19 July 2005 - 10:10 AM in General Nerf

Yeah, buth they are referring to a stock toy gun. They probably wouldn't, but might confiscate a modded gun just because it "looks" to be like something dangerous. There's not much metal on the guns so that might deter them.

#58361 Pulsator 4000

Posted by Jakethesnake on 27 June 2005 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I try my best to make all my mods and integrations look the cleanest they possibly can. I'm not claiming they are, just that I try. Look for more things to come this summer from me.

#58283 Pulsator 4000

Posted by Jakethesnake on 26 June 2005 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but it's not awkward at all, you wouldn't think so by looking at it, but it's really something you have to try to understand it.

#58279 Pulsator 4000

Posted by Jakethesnake on 26 June 2005 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

I'll posted this at NHQ but I'm a member here too heh? Alright, well as I said in my previous thread about my 12 barrel titan, I promised to step things up as a member here. So without furthur ado, I give you the Pulsator 4000. It's a pulsator with 2 At2k internals integrated into it. The one cool thing about this is that the handle that pumps the pulsator now pumps both at2k's at once, cutting priming time in half. I didn't have enough cpvc lying around to modify the turrets, but it works perfectly. The triggers are independent of each other, letting you fire them one at a time. I suppose you could fire them both at the same time but you'd have to have one long trigger finger. Any questions, comments?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58042 Titan As-v.12

Posted by Jakethesnake on 23 June 2005 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Well, they shoot all at the same time, I usually pump it around 20 times, something like that. Spread is around 4-5 ft.

#58038 Titan As-v.12

Posted by Jakethesnake on 23 June 2005 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

Alright, well I've been a member on this site for quite a while and although I know a lot about nerf, I've never really contributed much of anything, this summer I've decided to step things up. While constructing my own FAR I ordered the main spring, I'm still waiting for it to come in the mail so I've decided to do a little modification to my titan. Instead of one shot, I've made that into 12 shots, It gets 50-60 ft flat, depending on which stefan you measure. The barrels are made out of cpvc and I used aquarium tubing to join the barrels into one group. This really isn't very practical in a war but messing around with it is a blast, I'm going to make a speed loader to complete the set.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57911 Meh Bitchin' Nf

Posted by Jakethesnake on 21 June 2005 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

Close, but that's just a drawing, I hardly think that counts.

#57909 The General, General, New Player Guide

Posted by Jakethesnake on 21 June 2005 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

"danerfpimp" "the one and only nerf-pimp"

What a fucking dumbass name, the ladies will be lining up to bang you. Take you're hip hopping gangsta fucking shit out of this site.

#57791 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by Jakethesnake on 20 June 2005 - 01:51 AM in Homemades

Ok, I know I'm double posting, but I found a place online that sells AR-15 action springs for like 4 bucks or something. Here's the link http://www.brownells.....16/M4 SPRINGS

Problem is, I don't want to order from here, and then realize I should have spent $15 for the one that bolt has. Can anyone tell me if this spring will work, bolt, maybe flamebou can help out. Many thanks in advance.

#57537 Rev-8 Firefly - It's Summer! Where Is It?

Posted by Jakethesnake on 14 June 2005 - 10:27 PM in General Nerf

How come people suddenly are getting anal with me?

Because this is NH...

#57433 Nite Finder Better Stock?

Posted by Jakethesnake on 13 June 2005 - 03:14 PM in Modifications

Hobby shops

edit Ummm 1/2" and 4/8" is the same thing dude

#57421 Night Maverick Plans

Posted by Jakethesnake on 13 June 2005 - 12:33 PM in Modifications

Somebody already did this with a NF plunger but left the mav cocking mechanisim. It was posted on NHQ pre hack, i'm sure it was posted here too.

#57397 Do You Like?

Posted by Jakethesnake on 13 June 2005 - 12:22 AM in General Nerf

I think the handle is tilted too far back a bit, but otherwise, nice job. Did you just use like MS paint for that?

#57249 Micro Mega Darts

Posted by Jakethesnake on 11 June 2005 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

but you don't have the time to get all the materials

You would still need materials for your method too. I believe these are called webby darts, correct me if I'm wrong.

#57128 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by Jakethesnake on 10 June 2005 - 12:57 AM in Homemades

I've taken the real "bolt action" out of it's casing and I think I'm going to just drill the hole for the pin that keeps the carbon rod in there. That way I don't have to guess as to where the casing begins and starts.

edit Alright Flame, since boltsniper seems to be gone. How did you make the T- in the wire where the crank is. I tried supergluing a little piece on the side but it doesn't work. Bending a T in it wouldn't work either, from the pictures you can't really tell how bolty constructed it, what did you do there?

#57124 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by Jakethesnake on 10 June 2005 - 12:40 AM in Homemades

How many tries did it take you flamebo to get that damn bolt action constructed, I'm working on mine, but I'm afraid I might have to re-do it.

#57109 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by Jakethesnake on 09 June 2005 - 09:54 PM in Homemades

No, I got that, but the T-joints only are like 2 inches long, It looks like his T-joints are reaching down like 3-4 inches where the mag enters into the T-joints.

#57044 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by Jakethesnake on 09 June 2005 - 12:17 PM in Homemades

Bolt, when you modified the T-joints to be angled like that did you use halfed sections of pvc to extend the sleeves? I'm trying to figure out how you got them that long and that's the only way but wouldn't pvc be smaller than the T-joint because the joint is meant to slide over the 1 1/4" pvc.

edit I see how the pvc can fit inside of the T-joint, it's kinda hard to explain but I got that, but did you use pvc to extend the joint to hold the clip?

#56836 Buxx Bee Toys

Posted by Jakethesnake on 07 June 2005 - 12:16 AM in General Nerf

Shell ejection is very cool, but range is horrible, but I would get one if I were you just for the novelty.

#56830 Buxx Bee Toys

Posted by Jakethesnake on 06 June 2005 - 10:51 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, they are cool to look at but they are much crap.