Silly's Content

There have been 230 items by Silly (Search limited from 31-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#356510 Stacy: Mag Fed Pistol F.A.R. - First Homemade, Advice Appreciated

Posted by Silly on 31 October 2016 - 08:17 AM in Homemades

So can we have some pictures of a prototype/finished product, or have you not made a working physical design yet?
Also, could a stock be attached from the bottom and top of the handle?

#356940 Ammo Counter: The Ultimate Simple & Cheap Guide

Posted by Silly on 29 November 2016 - 10:25 AM in Modifications

Buzzbee has/had 5 round Clipazienes if im not mistaken.
If it wasnt buzzbee it may be airzone.

#357128 Top 5 best springers for Nerf wars

Posted by Silly on 13 December 2016 - 10:54 AM in General Nerf

If it counts as a springer, stampede is all the way for me.

#358303 95 Crossbow Clip Fed?

Posted by Silly on 01 March 2017 - 07:26 AM in Modifications

Kind of like how the dart zone Magnum works?

#358253 95 Crossbow Clip Fed?

Posted by Silly on 27 February 2017 - 01:45 PM in Modifications

Both these blasters work in a very different way than any modern clip fed blasters. Instead of chambering a dart from a clip into barrel, the clips on these blasters ARE the barrels and get whole clip is advanced up or down via a tooth.
Your visions of a 35rd drum couldnt really be acomplished with this style.

Those visions would be abandoned with the EE ST design.

#358249 95 Crossbow Clip Fed?

Posted by Silly on 27 February 2017 - 01:30 PM in Modifications

We could use a system like the electric eel or the sawtooth (if weight restrictions agree with us.) the already posted diagram would still work with this.

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

#358245 95 Crossbow Clip Fed?

Posted by Silly on 27 February 2017 - 09:49 AM in Modifications

{Before note: Typing this out on an iPad so please forgive any mistakes}

Hello.

I have been studying CaptainSlug's Caliburn homemade, how nerf clip fed blasters work, and how we could make a clip fed nerf crossbow.
Several people will say "we dont need this" and "this isnt an improvement", and they may be right. However heres what I put to them: Imagine a 35 round drum in a 95 crossbow. I dont know about you, but I think that would be at the least cool, if not badass.

There is certainly more then a few problems with getting a clip onto this icon, so lets list them step by step.

1. priming and dart stop: The crossbow and all of the homemade internals ive seen are pull back and fire, not pull back, push fowards, then fire like current mag/clip fed nerf blasters. (Original Picture credit to Slug)
This is what I propose:

IMG_1654.PNG

2. structural support: I was thinking we could use the stock barrel's leftover "scope" as structural support by sticking a long rod (heh) into it from the magazine mech, overnthe top of the blaster (as shown above by that big pink stick on the top of the blaster)

3. Acessing the mechanism to make repairs: there is no doubt that this idea would need an occasional fix. We could use screws if we wanted, or maybe we could use one screw then the whole thing comes off the crossbow. Advice needed on this.

4. Materials and production via a guide: I was thinking delrin, aluminum, or ploycarb for the case of the inner mechanism. However I dont have experience in deciding materials, so advice needed here too.

This whole project is in the design phase, not in the prototype phase yet. So any advice/input/help is thanked and will be looked into.

Total size:

IMG_1655.PNG

Thanks!
-silly

#358894 Gun computer MkIV

Posted by Silly on 29 March 2017 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

Could you put some kind of air pump in there and put an AT2k somewhere?

USER WAS GENTLY CHASTISED FOR THIS POST

THIS IS DUMB, BUT AT LEAST IT'S NOT WILLFULLY DISOBEDIENT.

#358882 Gun computer MkIV

Posted by Silly on 29 March 2017 - 12:07 PM in Modifications

Make a sound button connected to a speaker and an AUX cord so it can run music off your phone when you want.

#364656 APOCALYPSE 2021 - NEW LOCATION SAME TIME

Posted by Silly on 12 August 2021 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

All of my Apoc footage is now up on my YT, and timestamped in the desc. https://youtu.be/_zoTitvQPWE

#364643 APOCALYPSE 2021 - NEW LOCATION SAME TIME

Posted by Silly on 09 June 2021 - 03:53 PM in Nerf Wars

As will I. Quite excited for this to be my first war, one helluva way to start off I suppose. 

#364654 APOCALYPSE 2021 - NEW LOCATION SAME TIME

Posted by Silly on 08 August 2021 - 07:34 AM in Nerf Wars

The event was fantastic! It was a pleasure meeting a few of you, Id love to go again next year!

#361368 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Silly on 21 August 2017 - 02:24 PM in Homemades

True, but captain Xavier and someone else I can't remember have made titan attachments for vortex, so it may be possible.

#361343 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Silly on 19 August 2017 - 02:46 PM in Homemades

ImSadNow.PNG

Well now at least I don't have to keep thinking about how to make one that shoots Megas. Been designing since around xmas.

#361365 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Silly on 21 August 2017 - 12:09 PM in Homemades

/u/PianoManDaniel is working on that.
Eb7vmW6E68_MNv8GTKoMzU65Sc90GjpZco3uHRE3
https://www.reddit.c...tible_caliburn/

https://www.reddit.c...n_rival_update/

Now all we need is a vortex caliburn.

#356511 JSPB3D

Posted by Silly on 31 October 2016 - 08:32 AM in Homemades

I wish you didn't have to have a 3d printer for pretty much all the homemades I would like to make. :/

well you probably dont NEED one, its just going to be alot easier. I can make alot of things that are usually 3d printed out of wood with enough time. Like i made a wooden tac rail because someone challenged me to. It isnt as hard as you may think.

#364673 Re-creating the Nerf SledgeFire: The SuperSledge

Posted by Silly on 29 December 2021 - 03:54 PM in Homemades

I'm still massively impressed with how well this turned out, and how efficient your productivity was with it.

Thanks! I managed to do all of the design so far in less than a month, I'm pretty happy about that. 

Excellent photo and contextualization.

Thanks x2

Above all else, the utilization of pre-existing hardware kits to constrain your development but also make recreating it easier on anyone else is something I've heavily considered in future builds.

I enjoy using all the same hardware that Slug uses, preferably all the same lengths that he uses as well. It makes it a lot easier for individual builders to get hardware, since they can either order from Slug, or find it pretty easily themselves.

And since people have already made metric versions of Slug's designs, its easy for international people to use metric hardware instead of trying to get imperial stuff shipped overseas. It also makes setting up production of the designs with other sellers a LOT easier, since most other big hobby printing shops already sell Slug blasters and usually have the hardware on hand already.

(Thanks for the shoutout as well!)

Np ;)

You're going to have to tell me how you take these images in Fusion. I know they aren't renders. Are these just screenshots from your computer? Mine never look this good when I do so.

Screenshot 2021-12-29 153629.png

Capture.PNG

I'm surprised at the amount of people that don't know of Fusion360's image capture feature!

Depending on the performance,

I'm still working on getting my first fully functional prototype printed, but I am expecting FPS of over 200 with a singled, barreled shell. The standard SpringThunder shells without a barrel will definitely be getting less, but will still be serviceable. The plunger volume here is more than a v4 Talon Claw, so it's nothing to scoff at. 

I could easily see this becoming a standard jump-off point for other remixes and modulations.

As usual, I'm planning to release the files for free, so people can go make modifications however they want (as long as they don't try to sell it without chatting with me first :P ). The only thing I usually ask of people is to consider buying something on my RedBubble shop, just so I can get some kickback for the time sunk into each design. I might open up a "PayPal.me" thing at some point so people can more directly throw money at me, but idk how well that would work out. 

Thanks for keeping the NH writeup train going!

NerfHaven fo life!

#364676 Re-creating the Nerf SledgeFire: The SuperSledge

Posted by Silly on 01 January 2022 - 07:59 PM in Homemades

The prototype is working excellently! I have a bunch of things to tweak, but the majority of this turned out really nice!

https://youtu.be/pdmsKouHnXU

#364671 Re-creating the Nerf SledgeFire: The SuperSledge

Posted by Silly on 27 December 2021 - 02:17 PM in Homemades

Decided that NerfHaven would probably be the best place to document the step-by-step development of my newest blaster design, the SuperSledge. 

The SuperSledge is a full recreation of the Nerf SledgeFire, but improving it for NIC use in every way. Larger plunger tube, stronger springs, community designed shells (Spring Thunder right now, more later), quick takedown functionality, quick barrel, stock, spring, and ammo type swapping (no screws, all takedown pins), and the whole blaster uses easily accessible hardware and pretty simple 3d prints. 

The only spring in this blaster is a chunk of [[[k25]]] for the plunger. The catch, trigger return, priming lever return, and ejection are all covered by two pieces of elastic cord. The top barrel locking lever uses a rubber band or hair tie.

The barrel and stock can be easily removed, with two takedown pins for the barrel, and one takedown pin for the stock. The ammo type can be swapped quickly with a swap of the barrel and breech face, only three takedown pins. The spring can be swapped easily as well, with only three takedown pins removed. All able to be done at a game, maybe even on the field if you wanted to.

Homemade Sledgefire SuperSledge v582 1.png

Homemade Sledgefire SuperSledge v582 4.png

Homemade Sledgefire SuperSledge v582 2.png

Homemade Sledgefire SuperSledge v583 - Copy.png

Homemade Sledgefire SuperSledge v582 3.png

Homemade Sledgefire SuperSledge v582 5.png

Here are some development photos: 

Homemade Sledgefire v4 1.png

I started out by doing a straight 1:1 sketch of my SledgeFire's internals.

https://www.youtube....h?v=OJQCfiQKtqw

I also took some video of the SledgeFire's internals, just to work over them in my head.

Homemade Sledgefire v11.png

This is where the 1:1 sketch ended up after some refining.

Homemade Sledgefire v58.png

Homemade Sledgefire v58 2.png

Here you can see that I have removed the trigger lock and fleshed out all the internal components. There is a rudimentary priming pivot, as well as more properly sized levers and bars. I have also added a segment of FLAK 2"OD plunger tube and begun work on a plunger.

Homemade Sledgefire v84 2.png

The first side panels are now in place! Lots of small tweaks were made to all the internals, tweaking thicknesses and lengths. The catch is now properly supported, there are spacers to keep the internals centered between the side plates, and the plunger has been simplified. The priming lever is now an actual lever. There is a small dingus on the back of the trigger used for attaching an elastic through the catch, but it was pretty quickly removed in favor of a simple hole through the whole trigger.

https://www.youtube....h?v=UtcTChv5F5E Video overview of the design so far.

This was the point where I made my first test print, just to check internal functionality and printability. There were definitely tweaks to be made to improve reliability, but this was when I was 100% sure that this concept could work in the real world, not just in CAD.

https://www.youtube....h?v=8y1QMHJ7zKs

Homemade Sledgefire v136.png

Homemade Sledgefire v151 2.png

This is where I began modeling the grip. I used the basic thickness and length of a v4 Caliburn grip, but that didn't last for long as you will see next. You can also see that the internal spacers are now small discs instead of larger parts. There are now also connection blocks and a bottom cover.

Homemade Sledgefire v255.png

Homemade Sledgefire v309.png

Here I've begun to smooth out the edges and corners of the side panels. The top-back of the blaster now has nice covering plates. The grip has also progressed into it's basic final design, split into 3 pieces; a core and two side panels (SpudSpudoni helped me a bit with figuring out the Fusion tools to make the finger groove curve near the trigger well. Thanks Spud!). There is now a shell storage stock as well.

Homemade Sledgefire v323.png

Homemade Sledgefire v429.png

Barrel! The shell ejection mechanism can be seen much better in the next image. You can see the stock lug now too.

https://www.youtube....h?v=R51Mks6aqek I also did another video overview around this point.

Homemade Sledgefire v494.png

Lots of work around the plunger tube. The breech face is now thicker and locked in place with a top strap and a takedown pin. The barrel latch is now also in place.

Homemade Sledgefire SuperSledge v584.png

Homemade Sledgefire SuperSledge v583.png

And here is the current design! Lots of small tweaks to parts, lots of smoothing and print optimization. Previously, some parts were just floating in place. Now, all the screws and connections are modeled. Some parts have been combined (the bottom cover and the elastic guide pin). I also made all the hardware visible in this photo (minus some screws and the three pieces of elastic).

#364677 Re-creating the Nerf SledgeFire: The SuperSledge

Posted by Silly on 05 January 2022 - 02:26 PM in Homemades

I and Spud also made some cool MegaXL barrels that I'll be using in the SuperSledge. Going to have a barrel just for MXL. 

https://github.com/S...rlyMegaXLBarrel

STEP and F3D files are included so you can go make your own edits on the design, or integrate it into your own blaster/mod.

#364567 What Happened to NerfHaven

Posted by Silly on 05 May 2020 - 12:37 AM in General Nerf

Been working on some graphs for HONM stuff, figured that sharing one here contributes to this discussion: https://imgur.com/QNCWjM1

#364571 What Happened to NerfHaven

Posted by Silly on 06 May 2020 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for making the data clearer! Ill re-annotate it before HONM uses it in any official capacity.

#364569 What Happened to NerfHaven

Posted by Silly on 05 May 2020 - 12:08 PM in General Nerf

I got the data for the chart via the Members tab on the site. Sorted by join date and set the "account created before" to the end of each month. Here is my spreadsheet with all the numbers.

#364563 What Happened to NerfHaven

Posted by Silly on 27 April 2020 - 09:37 PM in General Nerf

1 & 2: NH has fallen from prominence in the recent years, now the largest places for Nerf are r/Nerf on Reddit, various Discord servers, and Facebook groups. Modding blasters is certainly still a thing, and bigger than ever before!

3: Depends on how old you want to get. People like Spoon have been out of the scene for many years now, while people like Daniel Beaver and Slug still mod and post their contest on the aforementioned different sites. 

4: If you want stock parts, check out r/NerfExchange on Reddit, if you want replacement parts, the EAT has been out of limelight for a few years now, but I bet some manufacturers like Orange Mod Works or Worker still have stock laying around in a warehouse. 

If you have or are willing to get Discord, I can PM you my username and we can chat. Would be much easier than posting back and forth with eachother.

Edit: PMs are actually broken on here right now, so ill leave a link to the Discord server I run. We have plenty of older names from the hobby on there, some of which I bet you will know. https://discordapp.com/invite/53ykxVX

#364686 Project 13: Brushless machine pistol

Posted by Silly on 09 March 2022 - 02:27 PM in Homemades

Fantastic stuff as usual. Firing demo?

This looks like such a fun little dart hose.

Its not often that I see steppers used in flywheelers anymore. The last time I can think of was the FDL 2.

#358751 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 24 March 2017 - 09:33 AM in Modifications

Soon it's gonna be under another blaster I'm working on. I plan to redo the hotglue with goop, but leave the superglue.

#358577 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 16 March 2017 - 09:00 AM in Modifications

Ok thanks. I dont like it when stuff blows up in my face.

#358575 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 16 March 2017 - 08:15 AM in Modifications

Dear NH,

Quick question: how does one relocate the pump of a xbz? I have a fitting that goes over the current pump tube, that then can connect to a nerf pump I have, so i just need to know if I need to do anything to the xbz tank or pump itself before I fruck it up and get plastic shards in my face again.

Edit: Grammar corrections.

#358705 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 22 March 2017 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

Finished (For Now) the XBZ pump relocation and barrel replacement(s).

1/2In PVC Coupler with a 1/2in CPVC Coupler rammed inside of it all attached to the stub leftover after removing the barrel. Coupler secured to tank with 2 layers of superglue and 2 layers of hot glue. Also plugged the pump (not pictured) with a screw up the air release hole.

The PVC Coupler fits Rival HIR's smooth as butter, so thats one kind of ammo, then the other 3 barrels have the darts they accept lined in front of them. (Smallest barrel has pvc pipe stub attached to bottom because its too short to reach the CPVC Coupler) 

Pictures:

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

#358598 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 17 March 2017 - 07:47 AM in Modifications

Welp my connector broke, so is it a goodish idea to just use a metric ton of hotglue and stick in the pump's tube? Or should i buy a new connector?

Edit: i may be able to rip apart a broken pump and make a good connector out of it.

#358652 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 20 March 2017 - 07:52 AM in Modifications

Thanks The Manta, I think I may try to do it that way if my spare connector breaks or if it doesnt fit. Do you think i could use hotgule instead of goop for the seals? I dont have great history with the stuff.

#358669 XBZ pump relocation?

Posted by Silly on 21 March 2017 - 07:40 AM in Modifications

I did it.
IMG_2051.JPG IMG_2052.JPG IMG_2053.JPG
By the way, mad respect to whoever can figure out what that pump is from. Hint: Its old.

#364711 Legend Lost: Ryan McNumbers

Posted by Silly on 25 June 2022 - 09:40 AM in News

I told you this on your Reddit thread already, but we all appreciate you making this post. It clearly was difficult to write. I’ve wondered where Ryan ended up for years, it is very sad to hear this news. 

#360003 Hammershot vs Strongarm/Maverick

Posted by Silly on 18 May 2017 - 07:13 AM in General Nerf

Who needs a secondary when you have a full poweclip DX in a holster. If you have a sensitive enough trigger finger, you can do 3-4 round bursts, and if you wanted to, you can mape it rain darts in a pinch.

#357107 Hammershot vs Strongarm/Maverick

Posted by Silly on 12 December 2016 - 11:54 AM in General Nerf

Can you add "comfort" to the poll? I love the strongarm handle.

#361753 Titan-Turian Sleeper

Posted by Silly on 11 October 2017 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

Yep- copycat. Actually, two titan tanks would be an interesting design, since linking them through the open ports at the back of the tank wont work- not enough flow. how were you planning on doing that? One tank barely fits in the shell width wise, and it take up the entire center section. or is your pump/hand pump outside the shell?

Im not keeping the clip-system. Instead im  using 2 breaches. I have 2 titan tanks and an air compressor. I have done a lot to the design since the picture, including starting the process of integrating the (pictured) stryfe handle into the titan, replacing the stock handle. This is being done so I can use the air compressor easily by just pressing down the rev button from the stryfe.

IMG-0967.JPG

IMG-1151.JPG

#361734 Titan-Turian Sleeper

Posted by Silly on 10 October 2017 - 09:27 AM in Modifications

Dang it! I have a build in process with the exact same setup but with 2 titan tanks. Now im worried that I will look like im copying you!

#361736 Titan-Turian Sleeper

Posted by Silly on 10 October 2017 - 10:13 AM in Modifications

Yep, you're copying him. Can't have two identical builds in the wild, so you've got to be stopped.

Will I be executed publicly on a NH livestream, with captain slug and you sipping my blood from wine glasses?

#360369 Nerf Thrifting Tips

Posted by Silly on 05 June 2017 - 08:33 AM in General Nerf

I use ebay and look up nerf lots and sort for cheapest first. Usually they are selling several 7 to 90 dollar items for around 30 to 90+ dollars. Ive gotten 2 stampedes and a rapidstrike for only 50 bucks from one lot.

#358713 Crossbow Tube Help?

Posted by Silly on 22 March 2017 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

Not sure if you were looking for confirmation of that part, but I just found this: http://nerfhaven.com...-new-internals/

He used 9562K44 and a couple of fender washers to make a new plunger head, and he was using a 1 1/4 od 1 1/8 id polycarbonate plunger tube.

Actually that's where I found the part in the first place. I plan to make a easy guide that's up to date for a crossbow mod. All of the ones in the mod directory are 2 or 3+ years old.