Shadowblade's Content

There have been 378 items by Shadowblade (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#161559 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 July 2008 - 10:40 AM in Nerf Wars

A side of nerf: Those pics are slightly out-dated (Google Earth apparently never updates their pics), but thanks for the satellite view. The school has recently added two trenches to the playground, one running through the middle of the playground and one along the treeline at bottom right edge. I will post pictures of the actual playground this week.

#161296 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 02 July 2008 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I LOST MY FRIGGIN DIGITAL CAMERA IN MYRTLE BEACH. So I have no pictures. I don't have time to buy a new one and get the pics before we leave.

Push comes to shove Erin, I can get someone else to get the pics.

#161126 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 01 July 2008 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, it's still in Augusta. Warren Road (the secondary location) is about a 5-10 minute drive from Garrett Elementary, depending on how fast you drive haha. I'm game for either location so far, but the only thing I'm afraid of is having some moms and their kids at Warren and having teenagers with Nerf guns running around. Other than that fact, I don't really care where we play as long as we play.

Zaxbys: Garrett pics on the way soon.

#161052 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 June 2008 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Erin is my girlfriend and she, no I'm jk. She's our "team mom" now apparently and has volunteered to coordinate logistics for the Augusta area wars. The mailing list is mainly for local area nerfers, but anyone is free to add their contact info if you want to stay up-to-date on Augusta happenings.

Erin: It'll be okay if you're not present at the war. I'm make sure someone from our clan is there. And yes Erin, I got your letters (they made my day ;) ). I am willing to design/produce the letters if you want; I didn't waste two years of my life on graphic design for nothing...

#161007 Compact Cannon

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 June 2008 - 04:02 PM in Homemades

Based on what you said about knocking down forts, I'm going to assume that this a grenade-launcher type weapon. I know you said this gun is used more as a stationary weapon, but maybe you can make a smaller one for integration into another gun. What are the ranges on this weapon and how is the ball valve working for you?

A LS with an underslung slug-launcher would be pretty cool...just a thought.

#160669 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 27 June 2008 - 02:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Shadow which school are you talking about getting pictures of?

I will try to get pics of Garrett Elementary, the first location. I can get Erin to take pictures of Warren Road as well, just in case we decide to play there. She lives close to that park. I'll give her a call when she's in-town again.

#160334 Homemade Mini Blaster

Posted by Shadowblade on 24 June 2008 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

Water guns make very good bases for homemades. My friend and I converted several SuperSoaker XP 270s into long range nerf rifles. We can get about 230-250 ft flat with heavy stefans. The only disadvantage with converted water guns is that they take some time to prime and fire. Nevertheless, good job.

#159991 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 22 June 2008 - 04:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Zaxbys, I can get the pictures of the playground for you if you need me to. I live about 5 minutes away from the school.

My clan members have not given me a solid number on how many of them can attend. As for myself, there is a good chance I will be able to attend the 26th, so put me down as coming.

Erin: I'm not sure how the food/drink thing is going to go. So far, the clan has been everyone for themselves. Priority number one is water. We need to make sure there's enough of it.

#159633 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 June 2008 - 03:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Just mentioning that 10 to 4 is the hottest part of the day, not that I personally care. If we do decide to do it during this time frame, A side of nerf's lunch break idea would be good.

#159546 Augusta War 2

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 June 2008 - 08:29 PM in Nerf Wars

This post is now inactive. Futher planning for this war will be on this post.

#159545 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 June 2008 - 08:27 PM in Nerf Wars

The 26th it is? Alright, I'll pass the word on to my people. And a Facebook event is a good idea.

#159482 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 June 2008 - 10:27 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm not sure if I can personally attend the war myself, but I'm fairly sure that at least 4-5 of my people will be able to go.

A good secondary location in the event that we cannot use the Garrett playground is Warren Road Park.

Edit: I should be able to go if the war is on 8/2.

#159370 Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 June 2008 - 03:49 PM in Off Topic

UMP45 w/ a rifle scope or G36 w/ ACOG for general purposes. G3 or SCAR with 6x scope for longer ranges. MG36 with super stock for machine gun. Mk23 w/ extended clip as a side arm.

#159367 Augusta War Recap

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 June 2008 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha, I'm glad everyone had a good time. And Zaxbys and his clan destroyed my clan (most of them are newbies to nerf). I'll check with my clan and see if anyone is open for late July. Check this post for updates on the July war.

to SirTofu: I'm so sorry about the lack of communication. My group is so freaking slow to respond back to me, so it takes a while to get the info out to everyone else (I'm their only connection to the Haven until they can get their accounts verified). But I'll see to it that the details (directions included) get out sooner. Sorry about that.

#159363 Augusta War 2

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 June 2008 - 03:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Due to some people wanting another war (me included) here in Augusta, GA, my clan will try to plan another war in late July. I'm glad that there are some people in this area that want to nerf that badly haha.

The 19th and the 26th of July have been mentioned as possible dates for this war. Anyone who is interest please say so and post any dates that are good for you. This is help make planning a lot smoother for us.

#159283 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 15 June 2008 - 05:43 PM in Nerf Wars

The war was awesome. Thank you to those who participated in it. Perhaps we will host another war here in Augusta sometime in the future.

Special thank you to Zaxbys and his clan for coming out. Zaxbys lasted forever during the gunslinger round haha and his clan did very well against my own group. Kudos.

#159041 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 13 June 2008 - 10:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Okay the times are out. We will play tomorrow, June 14, at Garrett Elementary from 2 pm to about 6 pm, depending on how we feel. PM me if you have any questions, otherwise we'll see you out here.

Make sure you bring water because it will be a little warm. Eye protection is mandatory and we will probably play Standard East Coast Rules (3/15 Rule).

#159019 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 June 2008 - 08:22 PM in Nerf Wars

The war is to take place at the Garrett Elementary playground, a smaller location. Public facilities may or may not be available as the school buildings are closed. It will also be a little steamy, so bring water/edibles for yourself. The address is below for those of you who need maps, which you can get online.

1100 Eisenhower Dr, Augusta GA, 30904

The exact start time is TBA. We are trying to stay out of the afternoon heat wave, so anticipate a morning war or one in the early evening. Estimated playtime is 2-4 hours depending on how we feel after a couple of rounds. Details on the time frame will be posted later tonight or tomorrow morning. Estimated attendence is 10-15 people, more we're hoping. Hopefully we will see some of you out here in Augusta on Saturday.

-shadowblade

#158983 Nerf Swords

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 June 2008 - 04:49 PM in Off Topic

Haha, these look really awesome, but I can't quite see their practicality in a war. Unless we all ran out of ammo somehow and decided to duke it out at close range or something. But, kudos for the designs, very well done indeed.

Edit: Well now that you mention it, a h2h round sounds pretty cool, perhaps between normal rounds just to make it interesting.

#158974 Ghillie Suits?

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 June 2008 - 04:40 PM in Homemades

I agree with FA's earlier comment. In some rare cases, a ghillie suit may work a forest war, only if you plan on sitting in one spot for the whole war praying that someone will pass by. Otherwise, just stick to DBUs and other combat fatigues for camoflauge. I personally would just wear a dark green or gray shirt and some light gray pants. Just stick to neutral colors if you don't want to draw attention to yourself.

#158970 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 June 2008 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry but I can't make it to this one. I just realized that I get back on the 14th from a 50-mile hike in the AT so I won't be attending. Is there any chance of having one in late July?

Um, I can throw that idea out to my people and see if they are willing to host another one then. My own personal schedule will be shaky in July but perhaps another one of my clan members can plan one.

#158323 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 07 June 2008 - 09:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Okay guys, sorry about being so slow with the information. I'm out of town right now and I don't have the details on the location, but I will be back Sunday. I'll PM/post the information for everyone then, so just bear with me.

My group currently would like to play at T. Harry Garrett Elementary School. You can look that up on Google Maps or whatever. The logistics may be a problem however, as the school is closed for the summer and I'm not sure if we have access to restrooms, water fountains, etc. I'll check with the school.

The secondary location is a large public park called Warren Road Park. I will notify everyone if we have to change to this location.

#156353 Balloon Grenade

Posted by Shadowblade on 19 May 2008 - 09:11 PM in Homemades

I agree with Green-Buckshot, some pics would really help but I think I know what you're talking about. I'm not quite sure about the effectiveness of a weapon like that in a war (but then again, most of the wars I've fought in involved more sharpshooting than mass kills...)

#156144 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 May 2008 - 02:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, the dates are now concrete. The regional war will be June 14 for sure. I will PM everyone who expressed interest as soon as I get the chance.

Pics and directions coming soon.

#155515 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by Shadowblade on 11 May 2008 - 07:54 PM in Homemades

That gun looks pretty cool and I like the front handle look (although, like everyone is saying, a trigger is needed but its good that you're working on one).

You know, what you could do is cut a little piece out of the top part of the barrel (the thing sticking out at the end of the gun) and make a little sight. A black paintjob would make this thing look awesome.

#155194 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 May 2008 - 07:37 PM in Nerf Wars

My group would like to do Wednesday May 28, but seeing that this date isn't going to float with many people, my group will probably play a small war with just Augusta players that date and hold the Regional War on June 14 (2nd Saturday). So everyone plan for June 14.

As to game rules, so far we've played only one-hit kill (as our group is small and we tend to play very small wars). If we get enough people, we will play standard east coast rules (3/15) and possible CTF.

#155111 Retirement

Posted by Shadowblade on 07 May 2008 - 08:23 PM in General Nerf

Good luck man! All of us at the Haven wish for your safe return. Go kick some ass man!

#155096 Ls Help Plz?

Posted by Shadowblade on 07 May 2008 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

If you ever do integrations, attachments, etc., maybe you should use epoxy or some other stronger adhesive. Those are much more permanent.

#155068 2008 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Shadowblade on 07 May 2008 - 03:47 PM in Nerf Wars

There is a war being planned in Augusta, GA for anyone in the area who would like to attend. We are planning for the war to take place during the last week of May. Check this post out for more info.

#155065 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 07 May 2008 - 03:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I checked with my people and a singled Titan is definitely out of the question. We can't let anyone use one due to safety issues, but my group is willing to provide loaners and Cmdrmack has shown some interest.

As for the date, I completely forgot that the Augusta area schools get out a little earlier and some people work. My group is still leaning towards Memorial Monday (May 26) and I will not be able to hold one on May 24 or 31 (both Saturdays) because of prior engagements but any other days should be okay. Worst case scenario, we will push the war back a few weeks. Perhaps some of you could throw out some dates that are okay with you and my group will take a look at our schedules.

to Cmdrmack: My group would be honored if your clan came out and played with us, as we've never had another clan to play with.

#154977 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 May 2008 - 09:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, from what my group has figured out, we probably have about 10-15 area nerfers attending (most of them newbies that they managed to convince to come...but everyone has a start)

We are currently shooting for the 26th of May, which happens to be Memorial Day, so that may be a problem. Let me know if this to too much trouble and my people would be happy to push it back a little.

My group has decided to play the elementary school campus (see first post).
As for the timetable (this is only an estimate):
11:00ish - Start time, Lunch, Chilling, Gearing up
12:00ish - Start matches
4-6:00 - End time, depending on what we want to do.

I'm working on getting pics for everyone, so they can get a sense of the playing field. I'll also get directions out to those of you who would like to show up, so let me know if you will show definitely by May 17ish (cuz I have exams to deal with after that date...)

Stay tuned for updates.

to Snazzy Q: you are talking bout a singled titan right? if so, I'm not sure if we can let you use that, but I will run it by my group and see what they think.

#154823 Nerf Homemade Combustion Grenade

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 May 2008 - 09:05 PM in Homemades

Yeah, if it's just for fun, go for it at your own risk...but please dont' use anything that involves combustion in a war.

I would know, my friend built a mini-spud gun that fired 5/8" stefans (basically tipped with 4-5 BBs...armor piercing if you would say) and we fired it at our school for a demonstration. Got about 250 ft before it hit the outdoor ampitheater with a nice, loud clang. The dart left a dent in the sheet metal from 250 ft away. Now imagine that thing hitting flesh...

#154810 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 May 2008 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

to SirTofu: thanks for the advice, this the first actual large scale war I've ever planned, so I'm new to the whole "bunch of people thing" and having to deal with logistics

I'm going to check on the potential turnout from local nerfers first before my group decides on time, place, food, etc.

As far as I know, there are two possible places we might play:
Choice #1: Garrett Elementary School Playground/Campus
Has two levels, one on top of a hill and a lower level next to a fairly large flat field.
Campus consist of the main school building w/ courtyard, two portables, and a separate gym.

Choice #2: A smaller public park in the Montclair subdivision
Consists of a playground with cover and baseball field.

I'm going to scout out other potential places later this week.

#154744 Local Augusta War

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 May 2008 - 04:10 PM in Nerf Wars

This is going out to any nerfers that may be in or around Augusta, GA and the CSRA.

There is a war being planned for sometime between May 25 and May 31. If anyone is interested, please say so by May 23 so that my people can decide on a suitable location for however many people are coming.

I am fairly sure there some nerfers here in GA and SC, including the dude that posted the hilarious Conyers,GA post (lets not go there), and I'm hoping that there will be other wars here in this area.

#154575 Realistic Nerf Rifle

Posted by Shadowblade on 04 May 2008 - 01:12 PM in Homemades

i will fill in the open spots with bondo, make it look real, then give it a chrome finish, and ranges are 200-300 feet

200-300 ft??? Are these actual measured out distances, or just estimates? Jesus...300 is a little over the top there...

#154569 Realistic Nerf Rifle

Posted by Shadowblade on 04 May 2008 - 12:55 PM in Homemades

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "realistic" nerf rifle...it doesn't look like a real gun in the pics.

Ranges???

#154481 R There Any Nerfers In Conyers,ga?

Posted by Shadowblade on 03 May 2008 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Geez, taking so much heat man. Just watch your step, don't get lazy, and you'll be fine.

But anywho, I'm from Augusta,GA. That's about a little over 2hrs away from Conyers and Zaxbys is also here in Augusta. We probably have about 5-6 people down here. Just letting you know we exist...

#153928 The Nerf Warrior System (nws)

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 April 2008 - 08:59 PM in Homemades

As much I want to like that idea, I'm going to have to stick to my holsters and my custom/ghetto duct tape tactical vest. That's all I need to carry my weapons/ammo/gear around in, but I guess if you could possibly make the thing fool-proof and sleeker, it wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll give you points for creativity.

#153920 Barret .50 Cal Idea

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 April 2008 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

Not quite a replica, but it doesn't look that bad either. Kudos to you. A nice paintjob would make that thing look pretty sexy.

Perhaps you should get a better (cooler looking) scope for it although I'm not sure if your LS has the ranges to match the scope, but it's just for cosmetics.

to Ccapogreca: I personally don't care for replicas, but some people like to go for Nerf replicas of weapons, don't put them down so hard

#153151 Doubleshot Trouble -pics Included

Posted by Shadowblade on 25 April 2008 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

HOLY COW...wat did you do to that barrel??? Haha. I agree with Salmon. You might want to check where you're cutting, otherwise you may have to cut through the screw (which won't be that much fun, but looks like you don't have much of a choice.) Or maybe you just need to keep going at it, perhaps with a hacksaw.

As for the internals, a lot of ppl seem to have problems with this gun. I have two DS myself. Just make sure you put EVERYTHING back where it came from. Make sure the springs are all there.

As a side note...I wouldn't bother even trying to fix the gun now...not in that condition, but you can try.