DjOnslaught's Content

There have been 321 items by DjOnslaught (Search limited from 28-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#354182 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by DjOnslaught on 14 June 2016 - 01:25 PM in Darts and Barrels

What is a Scs? I've heard of stefans and slugs but not scs.

#354176 Hornet

Posted by DjOnslaught on 14 June 2016 - 04:54 AM in General Nerf

I meant the vagabond pump handle to the Titan pump.

#354173 Hornet

Posted by DjOnslaught on 13 June 2016 - 07:46 PM in General Nerf

Yes.

Cool thanks man. This gun excites me I wanna Crack it open and figure out why the chamber indicator doesn't work properly.

I'm also working on a titan integration to either a spectre or to use a vagabond shell and then the pump handle to pump the titan.

#354164 Hornet

Posted by DjOnslaught on 13 June 2016 - 04:28 PM in General Nerf

So I scored a fully working hornet and I'm curious about something at the 10th pump it gives off a pop, is that the OPRV?

Edit: as long as I ignore the chamber indicator it works perfectly otherwise it doesn't work to well.

#354138 Need some help with ROF voltage drop in RS

Posted by DjOnslaught on 12 June 2016 - 08:48 AM in Modifications

I​ was intending to drop the voltage of the pusher motor only, and preferably in the simplest way. I'll look into other options, I was just under the assumption that diodes was common practice in a nerf  rate of fire application.

In no write ups have I seen just diodes utilized in that method. Zack is completely correct about the waste of battery power and heat issue. If you want to use anything like that you'd want a resistor but again you would run into a heat issue (and resistors don't like overheating)

You can always step down your voltage (aka a smaller battery pack)

#354137 Rapidstrike Replacement Gear/Cog?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 12 June 2016 - 08:43 AM in Modifications

I just broke part of the base on one of the gears in my Rapidstrike so that it won't sit on the pin without falling off and jamming the pusher motor/arm constantly. Is there anywhere I can buy a replacement or a replacement pusher assembly for it? I am so mad right now!

Hate to ask but can you provide pictures of the broken pieces? Is it possible to superglue then back together or use epoxy putty to remake the piece that sits on the pin?

I mentioned epoxy putty because it can dry very strong and at the same time be used as a sleeve or a screw port in shells for guns.

#354128 Need some help with ROF voltage drop in RS

Posted by DjOnslaught on 11 June 2016 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

I'm working on a 2 stage RS (2190's + 2850's) on 3s, with a 2850(honey badger) as the pusher. I will be using a rocker switch to switch between full rof (14dps), and dropped rof (8-9dps). By my calculations, I need to to drop the voltage by 2-2.5v. The only info I could find was to use 1N5400 3A diodes that drop the voltage 0.7V each (so that I would need to use 3 in series).
Now my question is; are 3A diodes going to be safe to use with my particular setup? (I estimate my motors at full stall to be in the neighborhood of 75A). If not, what would be a better diode to serve my application? Perhaps there is something else I should be using.
Any help, suggestions or clarification would be much appreciated as my knowledge of circuitry is quite basic.

Are you using anything like a arduino or something to control it? If so there is a great mod in the forum to look at.

#354115 Alternate Alpha Trooper Springs?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 11 June 2016 - 07:16 AM in Modifications

How much power would a OMW Alpha trooper kit spring add compared to stock? (On their website, their spring is 5+kg, while stock is 2.5kg

The OMW kit spring would give it a good bit of pop, just be sure to replace all the components in the kits since as you increase spring power other aspects needs replacement or reinforcement

#354107 Alternate Alpha Trooper Springs?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 10 June 2016 - 06:12 PM in Modifications

Most springs you might have to cut, the other option is if you have say a longshot or similiar you may be able to nest a second spring with the original and increase the power that way.

#354101 Alternate Alpha Trooper Springs?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 10 June 2016 - 04:46 AM in Modifications

Has a [k26] in a elite alpha trooper been tested before? I assume I would need to reinforce a lot of stuff aswell

I think one of the alpha trooper mods in the directory did a spring change that should give you an idea of what would need to be reinforced if anything.

#354080 Titan tank

Posted by DjOnslaught on 09 June 2016 - 01:12 PM in General Nerf

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this, but does anyone know the dimensions and volume of the Titan air tank?

#354077 Solder: Lead vs Lead Free

Posted by DjOnslaught on 09 June 2016 - 11:01 AM in Modifications

I did electronics diagnostics and repairs for a hospital equipment manufacturer for about 19 years, always used lead free flux (rosin) cored solder never had any issues and 98% of my work never came back for any issues.

#354068 Solder: Lead vs Lead Free

Posted by DjOnslaught on 09 June 2016 - 08:13 AM in Modifications

Lead free when heated to the right temperature and combined with rosin either externally or as rosin core solder melts with 0 issues and flows as good if not better then lead/tin solder.

Rosin is used interchangeably with Flux in my experience

#354061 Circuit Question/ Swapping between power supply

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 June 2016 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

So for that "T" connection for the green wire at the far right, how would I go about doing that? I can't imagine shrink-tubing that normally... (and I do love my shrink tube on the rare occasion I do solder)

You can also run it as 2 different wires soldered together at the terminals I just drew it that way to make it easier to understand.

#354055 Circuit Question/ Swapping between power supply

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 June 2016 - 12:17 PM in Modifications

The way you drew your circuit is wrong, your rocker switch needs to be between power supplies and rev switch motors, if I was home I would draw one for you but I'm currently not.

Your hot and common both need to connect to the rocker first and then go to the rev and motors. Also your gonna want a SPDT switch instead of the DPDT, it will be much easier on you.

I'll add a diagram when I get home if someone else hasn't by then.

Wire 1.jpg

This is a rough diagram of how it should be wired, before you solder anythng but double check it before you solder it

#354052 Circuit Question/ Swapping between power supply

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 June 2016 - 11:00 AM in Modifications

Basically, yes

There is no need for a back up pack if your putting in a NiMH pack with enough power to run the rhinos at optimal RPM... unless your putting in a very small pack and know it's gonna be running dry on you in a day, I would not waste time on it

#354049 Circuit Question/ Swapping between power supply

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 June 2016 - 09:59 AM in Modifications

If I understand what your trying to do, you want to use the rocker switch to swap between power sources correct?

#354044 Are These Blasters Good For A Friendly Nerf War?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 June 2016 - 04:58 AM in General Nerf

The Tyrant is an amazing mega primary. Mega darts in the 12 clip makes for alot of shots. If it had a stock attachment it would be even better.

#354043 Wiring/Microswitch Question

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 June 2016 - 04:48 AM in Modifications

Nobody has given him an exact response for what to buy, so...

I have ordered from these links before, both work as expected.

18 AWG wire (Black and red): http://www.banggood....e-p-921159.html
18AWG is all you need. The resistance wont worry you anyway, no point wasting that extra money and space inside your blaster.

Microswitch: http://www.ebay.com....m//321705842639
The microswitch is rated high enough for the job. Ive used higher rated switches before, no noticeable difference between them.

I gave him exact responses, I didn't mention brands or provide links because both are available at local stores such as radio shack and possibly Fry's type store, especially since he mentioned radio shack specifically.

#354036 Wiring/Microswitch Question

Posted by DjOnslaught on 07 June 2016 - 03:01 PM in Modifications

Make sure your wire is silicon insulated, due to the flexibility needed to bend it around without worry. Amps are the important part of the switch, needs to be rated for 10-16 amps

#354021 Wiring/Microswitch Question

Posted by DjOnslaught on 07 June 2016 - 07:33 AM in Modifications

Yes you will need a minimum 10amp rated microswitching (sometimes referred to as a roller switch) there is no need for a batter that big when you can get a standard 2s lipo that is small enough to fit in the batteryear tray with minor modding (there is also a 3d printed door replacement you can get.)

#354020 Nerf Rival Zeus "CronOS" Mod (Semi Auto, Reboud, Burst, and Fu

Posted by DjOnslaught on 07 June 2016 - 07:31 AM in Modifications

The diode is likely why your frying your mosfet, connecting the positive and negative is never good even with a diode (you could also have the diode running the wrong direction too)

#354009 Nerf Rival Zeus "CronOS" Mod (Semi Auto, Reboud, Burst, and Fu

Posted by DjOnslaught on 06 June 2016 - 11:32 AM in Modifications

You should post up a wiring schematic for us to look at and try to help you find the problem, it seems to me you may need registers or possibly a step down style regulator for the mosfets, but without a schematic it's hard to say.

#354008 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by DjOnslaught on 06 June 2016 - 11:29 AM in Darts and Barrels

The dart shouldn't fall out of the barrel on its own power but shouldn't be compressed in the barrel either from my understanding.

#353948 Vucan / Havokfire modification!

Posted by DjOnslaught on 03 June 2016 - 03:34 PM in General Nerf

If you were able to 3d print the chains you could prolly sell them

#353944 Post your DIY/Maker/Craft/Mod hobbies

Posted by DjOnslaught on 03 June 2016 - 01:17 PM in Off Topic

Also 3d modeling, rendering, and post-processing (of various things, but these are space ships):
pic759191_lg.jpg

pic759936_lg.jpg

The second picture of the spaceships could be a awesome hammer

#353935 Vucan / Havokfire modification!

Posted by DjOnslaught on 03 June 2016 - 04:40 AM in General Nerf

Is it really that bad?

#353914 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by DjOnslaught on 02 June 2016 - 11:26 AM in Darts and Barrels

No not at all I love ACC darts just pointing out that I learned the hard way that they do not like flywheels  :P and koosh darts are good for any flywheels unless you have a flywheel gun with that "rifling" since it seems to catch the head of koosh darts and make everything terrible (so in other words you need to remove that "rifling" or sand it down to use koosh darts but it is worth it and should be done)

I meant them disliking flywheel blasters not you disliking them.

#353885 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by DjOnslaught on 01 June 2016 - 08:12 AM in Darts and Barrels

Yeah not sure if you know this or not but that has been known ever since they were first found as "chunlin" darts. If I remember correctly I was sadly one of the first to find that ACCs don't like flywheels the hard way after my demolisher decided to fling the head about 15 feet while the foam was still stuck in the magazine.

That's definitely a dislike lol. Is there a best flywheel blaster dart for the rayven?

#353830 TR-27 GRYPHON - CR-18 Rapidstrike Mod

Posted by DjOnslaught on 29 May 2016 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

This continues to be my spare time hobby.  I've almost finished a home made reflow oven so that I might begin making my own PCBs. But the project is moving slow.  For that I'm sorry everyone, I know many of you have expressed interest in this endeavor.  I do intend to complete it, and I will contact you all when it is completed.

Thank you all!  And enjoy playing Nerf!

- Technician Gimmick

Glad your still working on this buddy. I might be messaging you to do a little coding for me soon.

#353789 What to do about that glue!

Posted by DjOnslaught on 27 May 2016 - 11:19 AM in Modifications

I saw a video (Bay Area Nerf, maybe?) where they submerged a Hammershot for five minutes, melting the gun entirely... by the time they tried to pull the gun apart with two vehicles I realized they were being facetious.

Even so, I don't want to ruin my 2K... unfortunately I can't get the barrels off to be able to cut where I want to until the glued piece is removed.

I'll try the dipping method... thanks for the tips guys.

Solvent welding works by changing the chemical bonding of the plastic so the pieces rebound together, heating the plastic and inserting the water will break those bonds and allow the method to work, just monitor it closely

#353788 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by DjOnslaught on 27 May 2016 - 11:16 AM in Modifications

That's BlackSteelProps. His 3D printed flywheel cage says it is for the Stryfe. Is that interchangeable with the Rapidstrike?

I thought he had em in his shop they linked to for rapidstrikes

#353783 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by DjOnslaught on 27 May 2016 - 04:49 AM in Homemades

Chucking nylon in a lathe sucks hardcore and makes deburring a pain. The catch notch is for priming the action of the rifle correct?

I'm gonna do some mock up stuff here soon especially if I can find a reasonably priced constant force spring (or 2)

#353782 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by DjOnslaught on 27 May 2016 - 04:43 AM in Modifications

You have to change the switches to handle the higher current of the new motors, etc. 

Correct about the switches, especially if your going into the lipo range for power sourcing.

Make test battle did a video on 3d printed canted cages, from a Texas vendor I don't have the link or anything off hand but it was in the description for the video and was maybe 2 weeks ago.

#353769 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by DjOnslaught on 26 May 2016 - 04:48 AM in Homemades

Since you already have everything in place and a working prototype (I say prototype because of the aforementioned issues) then all you might need to create is a single piece plunger rod that can be inserted with the CF spring already connected to it.

I really do think 2 springs would fix the power issue and the plunger rod pulling to the side, if nothing else your work has me milling over ideas in my head to run past my resident Mech Engineer/Physicist wife for help.

#353762 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by DjOnslaught on 25 May 2016 - 07:28 PM in Homemades

I think I know what he means on both counts. Right now you have the axle of the CFS offset to one side (the right if you're pointing the blaster away from yourself). I think he means adding a second that is offset to the left.  As it is now, it could be torquing the plunger rod to one side which could fuck up your plunger rod seal. 

You said that the spring needs to be extended slightly before it applies it's maximum force.  I think he may mean that your plunger rod extension is allowing the spring to wind up too much, and it would be better to have a shorter plunger tube and the spring per-extended more, but based on what I read in your first post it seems like you already accounted for that.

Actually in regards to the plunger tube being longer is in reference to it being in 2 pieces instead of a solid one and it possible being torqued to one side as its being pidled.

You were exactly correct about what I meant as far as spring placements. Since your using a tee with a spring on one side, I was suggesting utilizing the other side for a second to increase the strength pulled forward with and also insuring the plunger rod stas centered while in motion.

#353747 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by DjOnslaught on 25 May 2016 - 04:44 AM in Homemades

Huh?  It's the main spring of the blaster, the one that moves the plunger.  That's literally the second sentence of my first post.

As for the pictures you're asking for, there were some in the pictures thread that I linked to at the beginning.  I've edited the first post to include them in this thread as well.

I went back threw the first post more and realized the answer about the spring was there sorry. Do you possibly have a second spring identical to the first to connect to the other side of the tube in order to increase the force generated when the trigger is pulled?

After looking at your plunger tube I'm curious with the extension what the full length of it is, because where it's not a single piece if it is too long there could be a lose of force during retraction at the screwed connection.

#353732 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by DjOnslaught on 24 May 2016 - 11:14 AM in Modifications

You need to remember the flywheel motors one needs to be opposite of the other, also remember to only connect your pusher motor to the trigger switch not the rev trigger switch

#353728 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by DjOnslaught on 24 May 2016 - 08:14 AM in Modifications

The rapidstrike is naturally full auto, the only lock you may wanna keep is the jam door power one

#353724 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by DjOnslaught on 24 May 2016 - 04:49 AM in Homemades

Sorry if I'm a bit confused by what your using the CF spring for.... are you using it to assist with priming or to charge the blaster for firing?
The idea of using a CF spring is pretty damn creative and I love the idea of it, once I know more about what your using it for exactly (maybe even a picture of the entire gun showing where it is placed and such) I may be able to help you alot more.