Drano's Content

There have been 99 items by Drano (Search limited from 20-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#33587 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by Drano on 09 August 2004 - 06:11 PM in General Nerf

I have checked all places in my vicinity, and i cant find the new set.

does anybody know where to get the new set, roughly around the Pasadena area of So-Cal ? (imma feel retarded if someone mentions a store in Pasadena, cuz i havent checked those)

any help would be great

#60334 Firefly Out Online

Posted by Drano on 27 July 2005 - 01:36 PM in General Nerf

Oh, and there's no need for longer barrels than what can fit in it. The barrels that could fit would be about 4 inches of 17/32 brass, and with the same size plunger as a NF, approximately the same barrel length is needed. This happens to be practically the same barrel length.

I some how doubt that its totally a coincidence. Same thing with the mav, its also got a 4" cylinder.

i think the nerf peeps may have tried to throw a bone our way.

But thats just my opinion.

#41280 N-strike Maverick

Posted by Drano on 09 November 2004 - 10:42 PM in General Nerf

well, i am speechless and i have no questions nor anything to say. but however i felt compelled to say Thank You
thank you for taking time out of both your work and personal life to bring us the news.

one man clan is right in saying we'd be hard pressed in finding a hobby or sport in which its design team is as in touch with its users as the Nerf Team is.

#27507 Code Of Conduct

Posted by Drano on 01 June 2004 - 09:51 PM in Site Feedback

Perhaps to get back on topic if I may,
I voted that the Code was just fine.

As for using AIM speak, I see no problem using it, especially if you use Instant messengers constantly and excesively. But not just for those reasons. I see no problem in using truncated language because it is what has evolved in communication over the 'Net'. Every mode of communication comes with its own parameters and its own identity, independent of what we intended for it.

But in this specific case for Nerf Haven, since the volume of members and the relatively immature structure of truncated 'net' language, using conventional modern english is probabbly the only way to get rid of all ambiguity.

The code is fine.
thats my load of bull.
I'm out.

#94482 Holiday Raffle

Posted by Drano on 15 November 2006 - 02:59 PM in General Nerf

It's been a while since ive frequented these forums. but i'm feeling generous

i want to hold a raffle this holiday season for ONE unmoded, never fired Lanard MaxShot.
the Winner will recieve the maxshot through USPS at no cost to him/her... its on me.

Now i haven't discussed this with anybody yet, but i was hoping a Mod could generate the random number at the end to determine the winner. so.. Ompa, or Shindig, or Cx ?

So starting from today, 11-15-06 12:00 pm PST and ending on 11-24-06 11:59 pm
any member of nerfhaven can post a number from 1 - 3000 to enter the raffle.

I'm not the most meticlious on details, but the rules are:

Every member can only post a number once.

no duplicate numbers it's your responsibility to make sure a number isnt already taken before you post it

and unfotrunately this raffle is not open to moderators

raffle closing will be governed by the post clock

:edit:

damnit! i hate details.

what the hell! i'll ship world wide.

closest number to the drawn random number wins.

and i forgot. the maxshot's got no box and none of the foam rocket dealies.

the wining number will be generated from here:
http://www.random.org/nform.html

#95485 Holiday Raffle

Posted by Drano on 28 November 2006 - 03:30 PM in General Nerf

Pete, you are the wiener . Merry Chrismas. pm me with your details.

I'll try to get it sent out by the end of the week at the latest.

#95425 Holiday Raffle

Posted by Drano on 27 November 2006 - 03:49 PM in General Nerf

Ok, we're just waiting on Cx to generate the winning number and I'll go ahead and send it off.

#31737 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by Drano on 19 July 2004 - 07:35 PM in General Nerf

colored foam would be a blessing! Day glow orange is perfect.

I just got my clan started of about 10 people (plus or minus 3 or 4 some days, including my pastor :P , he even painted his NF and RF20 flat black after we dicided we were not going to do that!) any hoo...

we have probabbly had 6 wars.
this last weekend we played 3 consecutive afternoons in 3 different locations.

we started with about 1000 darts... as of today i think we have 20.

please tell me this is not normal.

*you know what? Call me crazy, but wouldn't FBR companies make more money if we just kept loosing our darts?

#48737 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by Drano on 05 March 2005 - 02:12 AM in General Nerf

"How often does the design team get to design a new, unprecedented blaster?"

"Do they have specific orders from the Big cheeses to give previous models only a shell revamp ?"

my second question stems from those suspicions that those shameless remakes (AT/SM series) are to save productions costs.

On a side note, I hope for some rereleases of the airjet plus series.

#51469 Favorite Band

Posted by Drano on 03 April 2005 - 12:57 PM in Off Topic

*start rant*
It's people like you that makes listening to Alt Rock seem disgraceful. I suppose you also own a skateboard (but can't do shit) and also shop at Hot Topic? I hate the people who are stereotypical about their music, that they have to live their life arround it. Not to mention rap...But I will. Think about it. The majority of gang crime in the U.S. in the last few years is the pushing of the "ghetto" life-style that Rap puts on people.

The majority of gang crime? i don't even know where to start.

Unless you're a Criminology major or criminology is your hobby, you dont know what your talking about.

and as a Crim major, I can tell you, you don't know what you're talking about. Shut the hell up.

As for hot topic, what the fuck else is the store for? For all those DYI freaks (which i happen to be one) I hope you do realize that its becoming popular. O no, what shall we do? people besides me think its cool! Grow up, and get over it. If its Cool and hip and popular, so what?

back on topic,

As it happens my bands are blink 182 and good charlotte. I dont listen to them much any more, but they will always hold a special place for me. I've made my peace with them for selling out.

My favs that im listening to now are lost prophets and chevelle

#44099 Nirvana

Posted by Drano on 15 December 2004 - 05:25 PM in Off Topic

you guys can claim what ever you want about bands talents, or lack of it. but you cannot deny that bands like nirvana and linkin park and what not have played the scene and did it well enough to leave a permanent mark.

i never was too intrested in nirvana and I have never been to a linkin park concert, but i think those bands did a hell of a job immortalizing themselves in thier respective periods. in general the greatness of a band also acounts for thier successfulness in the business, not just that they were good musicians.

on a side note, it is because of kurt that shredding died. so for those of you who miss those penis waving guitar solos, thank kurt

#44221 Nirvana

Posted by Drano on 17 December 2004 - 07:21 PM in Off Topic

ash,

if it turns out that linkin park is short lived, so what ....

that really dosent matter. what matters is that linkin park got credit for blending generes. of course they didn't invent it, but they are the ones getting credit for it.
this kinda thing has happend before

you think 2 albums and shitty music makes a difference to whether you get your name in the books ?

how about a little band called Flock of Seagulls

or even worse, how about Devo

as for shredding,
take a look at what happend to it after nirvana. of course it diddnt die, but it sure isnt thriving.
my scope of music isnt limmited, but i am however limiting it to the relm of pop. since that really is the only thing that gets remembered about a time period. that and whats just under the surface.

the only shredding ive heard thats broken mainstream, is brownsound from sum41.

you could argue that kerry king and zack wylde are somewhat mainstream. in that case, i would agree. but they are still a ways from bieng household names.

dont think at all that i oppose shredding, but i just think its sad that some people spend half of thier life learning how, and now in the year 2004 the only people that
will listen is at the local guitar center.

(speaking of... where the fuck was i when gibson sued PRS ? why the hell am i learning about this just now???)

#35085 Toning Down The Titan

Posted by Drano on 24 August 2004 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

i dont understand why you cant just put 3 or 4 pumps into the titan ? quicker prime time and safer velocity. why do we have to mess with it so its max potential is lowered. just use it at half the pumps, at half its potential during game play.

second thought... i forgot the purpose of this post, I would say put air restrictors at the breech.

#27156 Arsenals

Posted by Drano on 28 May 2004 - 09:57 AM in General Nerf

hmm, well I'm new here and only have started to build my arsenal.
here it is...
6 NFs
1 TTG
warthog
2 SM750s (old and new)
sharpshooter II
LnL
3 SSPBs
SM3000 yellow
mattel Maximizer (looks like a max shot but internals are back a**wards)

and :
Xbow with no plunger
sawtooth (im plannin to use it as a shell for someting)

#44456 College!

Posted by Drano on 21 December 2004 - 03:31 AM in Off Topic

i think that this is gonna be off topic , but then , this is the off topic section, and this is about college, but still not about VT nor about majors.

Well any hoo,

Does anybody go to Ohio State? Or live in Columbus?

Just curious if there were any Buckeyes here.

O yea, Fuck Michigan.

i personally dont give a shit but im obligated to say stuff like that when i use the word Buckeye

#33701 Nstrike Dvd

Posted by Drano on 10 August 2004 - 08:17 PM in General Nerf

im pretty sure the IX-6 is a remake of the SM1000. I modded one and, hacked off the long barrel. it looks almost like the IX-6. I for one wont be looking forward to it. On the SM1000 you cant have barrels protruding out any longer then the origional chambers because of the shell, and the revolving mech. and with the air output of the SM1k and the short barrels, that gun has not accuracy what so ever,
but I might be wrong since it looks like the the IX-6 will have a smaller output.

I also agree with Thirst and Cx, if the PC was gonna be rereleassed with the N-strike line, why not the Rerelease of the AT2K twin pack ? we definately know that twin pack dosent go with the N-strike.

#47296 Instruments

Posted by Drano on 15 February 2005 - 09:41 AM in Off Topic

drums for 9 years, on a drum set. High school drumline too. (Go Arcadia!) altough i havent played for the last couple years.

Ive also played the guitar for about 7 or so years.

#68642 Knives/swords Collections

Posted by Drano on 30 November 2005 - 07:56 PM in Off Topic

Well I'm not, and I try not to look like one. Every blade that I EDC is under 3 inches.

Some people swear by 3 1\4" to 4" blades as a nessesity.
I personally have never gotten into a situation where I needed a blade over 2 inches.
But with the exception of the Spydie Native, every 2 inch blade comes with an equally stubby handle.

#68613 Knives/swords Collections

Posted by Drano on 30 November 2005 - 05:22 AM in Off Topic

In 1939 a man named joseph gerber started 'Gerber legendary blades'. I dont think the baby food manufacturers have any relation.

Its a shame really. gerber used to make such great tools. now they are owned by Friskars, and are now one of those second rate companies that rips thier knife designs off of other top shelf manufacturers.

assisted openers can still be considered switchblades. the only places that they are not, are jusisdictions which define a switchblade as a knife in which the blade is opened without touching the blade itself. This cleverly worded definition also happens to include gravity knives.

Bolt: spyderco is a great company with great customer service. You shouldn't have told them that 'if you put enough backward force'. that falls under "spine-whacking" and is a deal breaker. you should have just complained about 'blade-play' and potential 'lock-failure'. But at least you have your 943! axis locks rock balls off of everything!

I'll post pics of my knives later when i get ahold of my camera

#68633 Knives/swords Collections

Posted by Drano on 30 November 2005 - 06:43 PM in Off Topic

useful as in, quick and handy to cut things with, without having to worry about moving parts and what not.

it was engineered in a way that you dont have to have a full size grip, but yet have all the stability of one.

the HAK looks like a typical mall-ninja push dagger. not a small slipjoint that your grandpa carries.

#68630 Knives/swords Collections

Posted by Drano on 30 November 2005 - 06:29 PM in Off Topic

Well i feel you, but ive had no problems with spyderco, sent in my native a year ago to get the pivot tightened and ive just sent in my delica that ive had since i was 12, to get the vertical blade play fixed.
Customer service are people too. They might have just been lazy that day and wrote you off as someone who abused his knife. Mabey they thought that, because you had the police model, i dont know. I would try sending it in again, just for the hell of it.

Heres what cycles through my EDC:

Posted Image
I had some benchmades but i sold them off. For some reason I would avoid using my knife if i carried an expensive one. Go figure. But i dont carry crap. You would be suprised at the quality you can find out there on the cheap.
The two on top are craftsman work knives designed by Ken Onion, and made by kershaw. Blades are AUS-6. These have the most solid lock ups out of teh bunch
the one in the middle is a Camillus EDC in 154-CM
Brand spankin new spyderco Native from Wally-world in S30V :w00t::nugget:

And various small folders I carry when carrying knives any bigger will get me funny looks. Only ones worth mentioining are the spyderco ladybugII in vg-10, the kershaw chive, and the gerber ridge, which for some reason is in AUS-8

And to follow suit, i'll post my crappy mall-ninja collection
Posted Image
The only one i feel bad puttin in this category is the little Hide-Away-Knife. Custom fitted, and it cost me a pretty penny. Useful as hell, fixed blade stability in the smallest package avalible, but gets me looked at like im a psycho.

Edit: in case anybody dosent know my mall-ninja reference, is in no way relating to bolts katanas. they are beauties.

#44011 Foldable Sniper Stand Idea

Posted by Drano on 14 December 2004 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

i really dont know why u would need a bipod for a nerf gun they are not that hard to stabilize with your arms, hands, and what ever you do with your body to brace it.
nerf guns weigh like what? a pound? the range is what ? 200 ft ?
if you cant stabilize a shot like that, you need to work out more.

#56561 Lucky Finds

Posted by Drano on 04 June 2005 - 02:07 PM in General Nerf

Over the past quarter I've been gettin about a doozen at2k's for about .99 each .
Got a wildfire for .99.

#46370 The Possibility Of Lemons

Posted by Drano on 21 January 2005 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

i dont know if you would actually call it a lemon situation but, 2 of the 3 Titans i own are broken in the same way. (trigger pin pulled away from the breech valve) Might be more of a design flaw.
and as for ranges, I also always get lower distances than those outrageous ones.
The only ranges that i have acheived that were comparable to the ones reported here were the NF, AT2K, and the Titan

#40895 Omg This Is Strange!

Posted by Drano on 05 November 2004 - 03:34 PM in General Nerf

Now I am convinced and will remain so until I die.
as if being threatend by deletion wasn't compelling enough,
CxWq even has the power to potentially overcome the inevitable, perpetual, capitalistic nature of The United States of Ebay.

Cx, you have my standing ovation, should this auction go though at $102.50. you will be the most powerful man in the Nerf Community.
hell, im waitin for the day someone buys 4 nib xbows just to present it to you as a gift.

#34991 Problems With The Hornet

Posted by Drano on 23 August 2004 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

CK please ask me before you post anything on here.
although the problem is valid enough to notify everyone of it, you do a crappy job of describing it.

... IT WAS FINE WHEN I SAW IT YESTERDAY!!! WHAT DID YOU DO ?!!

#35963 Problems With The Hornet

Posted by Drano on 31 August 2004 - 01:23 PM in Modifications

sorry, i'll try to watch it.

so.

that link that zero talent posted was a good read, does anyone know for sure if thats how that valve works? i havent been able to find anything better in explaining how that valve works. i mean, im sold on that theory, but mabey someone could call up the NERF engineering department and confirm it.

#40903 Modifications For Some Nerf Guns

Posted by Drano on 05 November 2004 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

Maybe I took it the wrong way, but seems to me that Chessler is calling me stupid. There is nothing nice about calling somebody stupid, therefore I have every right to insult his ass. And I'm not stupid either. I was bumped up 2 grades, and I am waiting for the results of another test. Now call me stupid you little prick

now who the hell, points out what grade they're in to make a point, what grades were you bumped up from ? kindergarten and 1st ?

#79617 Manta Ray Custom Paintjob+ Mod

Posted by Drano on 11 April 2006 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

damn thats a good paint job.

You do good work.
The flamed 2k you put up last year is still stuck in my head.

and while were on the subject, before any body else calls that manta fruity, do a search for that 2K

#94606 My New Photoshop Creation

Posted by Drano on 16 November 2006 - 01:04 AM in Off Topic

I'd give it a 6/10.

In my opinion, the placement of the diagonal lines takes away from the interesting group of 3-d images you have below them. It's kind of cutting the image in half. I'd like to see more of the 3-d stuff, and less of the stripes above the diagonals. Simply put, I think if you move the diagonals up towards the top left corner some more to show off some of the 3-d stuff, it might be a little more interesting. Just my two cents.

You're probably right.

But I do think there is something to be said about the 50/50 thing. its a very "static vs. dynamic" statement.
and not only that but the motif also continues with the circular dealies in the middle.

substance abuse: if you had known what argument you were making in these, i would have given it a 7
but unless thats the case, i also give it a 6

very good attempt
but dont expect or get used to people saying that.

...also, don't just quit on this. keep working on this image.

#46810 Primary Weapons

Posted by Drano on 02 February 2005 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

I seriously like the Hornet from the N-Strike Trinity (it dosent say on the box but the inventory list at Target calls it the "trinity"). The Big Salvo is also pretty good, only problem is that its hard to use. You really have to train you trigger finger for that thing.

#68610 90 Celica Questions

Posted by Drano on 30 November 2005 - 03:13 AM in Off Topic

Okay one more thing I paid next to nothing for this car(1,200), it has had only one owner (who was a lady) it was never in a wreck, it was kept in awsome shape, oil was changed every 3,000 miles, this thing is almost mint.

dont kid yourself.

Plus in 16 years, some one had to have forgotten mabey 2 or 8 oil changes.
Given those are small things, but god knows what else.
In this disposable society, there arent too many things now a days that are ment to live that long.

But anyways, its your first car and 12 bills isnt bad at all for something thats probabbly gonna be totaled before you even get a chance to drive it off to college.
I wouldn't mod it but thats me. Just be thankful you got something sporty and not some old sedan with a broken headlight and all sorts of sun-damage to the paint.

#46324 Maverick Issues

Posted by Drano on 20 January 2005 - 11:30 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to watch that rod.
But did you actually expect Nerf to come out with a flawless product? It should be expected. Their main business is to cut costs and make profits. not making perfect weapons to be used by teens and young adults who push the limits of the structural integrity of plastic (although we are greatfully thankful they do consider us a small portion of their demographic)

Sorry now back to the topic :
instead of using rod and epoxy, I wonder if there is a long, thin machine screw out there that could take the place of that. It would be cheaper and less hassle to install. That is unless you can find a place that will let you buy 2 inches of stainless steel rod

#28442 Lefty? Righty? Switch?

Posted by Drano on 14 June 2004 - 01:29 AM in General Nerf

im a pround lefty, but when it somes to playing with blasters and arcades, i shoot with guns in both hands. since is was a kid i loved John Woo movies, even though i only understood half of the dialouge. i also used to play the arcade game Area 51 when it was hot. played it so much i naturally got bored and started playing both guns.

#68517 90 Celica Questions

Posted by Drano on 28 November 2005 - 04:11 AM in Off Topic

dont know where your located, but if you were in the LA area i could give you some good resources on some used JDM engines and transmissions.

but if you just bought a car with already 187k on it, im guessin your not in the LA area (it would already be in the wreckin yard by then).

if anybody in the LA area needs an japanese engine or tranny, give this place a try:JPQ corp

#46334 Maverick Issues

Posted by Drano on 20 January 2005 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

The slide would probabbly just be scrapped. Just like the good old days of the Lock 'n Load

#65295 Go See Serenity

Posted by Drano on 08 October 2005 - 02:26 AM in Off Topic

everything was in mandarin.
Since it understood what they were saying, it was amusing to me how they butchered it up ( totally understandable though).

I think the reason for the chinese and cowboys was josh whedon's guess at what the circumstances in the future would be. What with a culture of 3 billion people may have a small impact in things to come.
And the cowboy thing... Universal expantion, would not be too much unlike westward expantion.

Wash could be Lando !

#66874 Go See Serenity

Posted by Drano on 31 October 2005 - 07:44 PM in Off Topic

Wow if i had known that this thread would have turned out so long winded, i would most definately have come up with a decent insult.

...Some of the things we waste our time and energy on... i dont know...whatever. ;)

#65981 Go See Serenity

Posted by Drano on 17 October 2005 - 01:00 AM in Off Topic

haha.

Why don't you just go and suck whatever it is you suck, and quit that elitist bullshit.

its all entertainment anyways. not something to live your gorramn life by

#47598 2003 Toy Fair Pics

Posted by Drano on 20 February 2005 - 01:29 AM in General Nerf

triangular screws really would suck.
but if that did happen, i dont think it would be too hard to machine a triangular bit somehow. That is if they dont already make bits like that.