reversedracula's Content

There have been 163 items by reversedracula (Search limited from 21-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#27178 Powerclip Or NO?

Posted by reversedracula on 28 May 2004 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

The wildfire isn't nearly as good as the powerclip, especially when modded with extra clips. The wildfire is just a weaker version of the rapid 20. Since you can use a powerclip in one hand apart from pumping, you might want to invest in a nite finder with a bit of twine or something along those lines tied through the part you pull back, so you can let the gun dangle there while you pump the powerclip. The powerclip shoots farther and faster than both the rapid 20 and the wildfire. Alternatively for the nite finder, you can make a holster. And don't come down too hard on him. That post was fine. :lol:

Edit: I see what you mean, 1/2, now that I've read the other thread; could be tied in. Maybe I'm just afraid because everyone comes down really hard. You didn't come down too hard on him. I rescind my earlier statement and find your response appropriate.

#25108 Political Debate

Posted by reversedracula on 28 April 2004 - 11:44 PM in Off Topic

I praise Warlock's thoughts... While there is nice to some fierce, intelligent political debate on these boards, I'm afraid this place is going to turn into Fark political threads or something like that. While political issues are important, it seems more and more threads here every day focus on them rather than the reason we all do gather here to chat. I'm not saying this shift is necessarily all that bad, just don't forget about your foam-lust in the process.

#32159 Please Help, I Really Suck

Posted by reversedracula on 23 July 2004 - 12:00 AM in General Nerf

You're either with us, or you're with the trollerists.

#42776 Pc Idea

Posted by reversedracula on 28 November 2004 - 12:28 PM in Modifications

Here are some more fun powerclip ideas. The war between Tony2Nice and CheekyMunky makes me laugh my ass off. Best use of the powerclip I've ever seen in a while.

http://forums.fark.c...?IDLink=1230432

#28281 Party Affiliation

Posted by reversedracula on 11 June 2004 - 12:48 AM in Off Topic

If we have comments from PROFESSOR Evil... he probably earned his doctorate somewhere... could it be that we're dealing with!?!? ::puts pinky wryly to his lip:: DR. EVIL?

#27744 Party Affiliation

Posted by reversedracula on 04 June 2004 - 06:55 PM in Off Topic

I didn't realize that the UN was a religion, Vintage. <_< All hail Kofi Annan, and his godly grand indiference to genocide. It looks like Rwanda Part 2: Electric Boogaloo in the Sudan right now. Perhaps if Annan weren't dependent on the voting support of dictators to maintain his cushy job. Of course, there's only so much one person can be expected to do... unless of course he is a deity! Still, the UN is far to passive and weak-willed. Its security forces are a joke. People complain about America's lack of intervention in instances like this Sudanese problem, but then complain just as much when American body bags start coming home on their flag-draped biers. But for all the overwhelming aid America offers, and for all far-right factions complain, it's really not that much of our budget. Still, more than others sacrifice. Anyway, point is, I'm tired of the UN being the joke that it is. Either we change the UN to strengthen it in a positive way, or we ignore it.

#29147 Nothing On The Topic...

Posted by reversedracula on 22 June 2004 - 12:38 PM in Off Topic

"Robots...dancing?" The first thing saying that makes me think of is the Clerks animated series, when the trial scene is completed by the Korean animators....

"BIG AMERICAN PARTY! LOTS OF FUN, GOOD TIME FOR ALL. I AM HAVING VERY GOOD TIME. ROBOT DANCING!? CAR FULL OF MIDGETS. QUICKLY IN HERE. WHO IS DRIVING. OH MY GOD BEAR IS DRIVING HOW CAN THAT BE? KOREAN ANIMATION STUDIO. EVERYBODY WORK. AAH! EVERYBODY WORK! AXEL FOLEY AND JUDGE REINHOLD *SMASH* TOM CRUISE! YOU WANT THE TRUTH YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. SHOW ME THE MONEY. *SMASH* OH NO! *THUMBS UP*"

I think that sequence is the sort of thing that put a damper on my anime interest.

#43618 Nooo, Dimebag Darrell!

Posted by reversedracula on 09 December 2004 - 04:17 PM in Off Topic

Pantera is my favorite band. This is a sad day for music. I'll be listening to their entire catalog all day, with the lights off. Did some pouring out of libations last night/this morning at 4AM.

#29449 Nj Apoc '04

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 04:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, your weapons themselves aren't banned. We have plenty of stock darts, and if you can't fit them into your barrels because they're too big, we could always shove crayolas in or something. There's always a way to adapt things. Good luck with school and let's hope our breaks don't line up so you'll get at home when I'm at school so we can play at my school/your home. ^_^ Confounding phraseology.

#29430 Nj Apoc '04

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 01:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, Groove, does this mean you won't be around for any of the games in the 'burg anymore? :cry: One man's home is another man's college.

#33580 New Target Exclusive Air Tech 2000 Twin Pack

Posted by reversedracula on 09 August 2004 - 04:36 PM in General Nerf

So is this the "exclusive" rerelease we were hearing about earlier in the year from our Hasbro pilgrims? Shall we not expect to see the Powerclip rereleased as a... what was it expected to be? K-Mart exclusive? Let me know if you have any info or thoughts on this.

#32573 New Ipod

Posted by reversedracula on 29 July 2004 - 02:12 AM in Off Topic

I just use my laptop... it only gets six hours of battery life, but it's got a decent harddrive. :D Granted, it's not as compact on the go, but I'm not exactly one who listens to music on the go. I'd rather think or listen to the world. To each his own. As for CDs, they're dirt cheap/can be procured for next to nothing or nothing from friends, etc.

#32564 New Ipod

Posted by reversedracula on 29 July 2004 - 12:00 AM in Off Topic

My CD player never skips. It's covered in about 300 dollars in cash I saved from not buying an iSuck.

#28731 New Guns At Toys-r-us – Anybody Modded Them Yet?

Posted by reversedracula on 17 June 2004 - 12:49 PM in Modifications

My friend has the big foam missile launcher, whichever one that is. It's pretty sweet just to carry and make some noise with for a fear factor. We were recruiting at accepted students day at my college for our Nerf games, amongst other things, and I must say that that thing made quite an impression on folks just by holding it. As for its actual use, it's almost like having someone slowly throw a foam football at you. It gets about fifty feet but lacks accuracy. Still, it looks and sounds and feels like a demon.

#22439 NerfHaven: Tribal Council

Posted by reversedracula on 26 March 2004 - 01:44 AM in Site Feedback

I just put my vote toward Canada, eh? Hope that clears things up, cxwq.

#24814 Nerf Mine

Posted by reversedracula on 25 April 2004 - 03:36 PM in Homemades

I've done something like this before. I just duct-taped two plunger heads (not from gun internals, like... from plumbing) together, and then attached a length of PVC that fired up... to make it so there's more of an air bladder to step on, you can attach vinyl tubing to the bladder, and then attach that to PVC. You can then place the PVC wherever you want as a sort of trap, or as a ranged defensive function, I guess. The air bladder reinflates itself easily. The only problem is it isn't set off by an indirect or very light step. Not enough weight to get the dart flying out.

#26940 Nerf Hurts

Posted by reversedracula on 24 May 2004 - 08:23 PM in General Nerf

I recently saw an old converted supersoaker shoot through a fiberglass ceiling tile. When we get back to campus in August, maybe I'll get a picture up here. That steel story isn't so out though because steel is pretty maleable I suppose, and can greatly vary in the carbon content, which contributes to the hardness... but that plexiglas story sounds insane.

#68585 Need Help On Blastfire

Posted by reversedracula on 29 November 2005 - 08:27 PM in General Nerf

Make sure you're pulling the trigger all the way back. Some guns are sensitive that way about advancing barrels. I once had a similar problem. Good luck.

#28535 My Idea

Posted by reversedracula on 14 June 2004 - 10:55 PM in Homemades

Doesn't sound like the friction is worth it. Also, I tried something like this once. The biggest problem was that the dart wouldn't go into the barrel properly as it was a tight fit. It would be slightly off and just crumple.

#28806 Music To Nerf To

Posted by reversedracula on 18 June 2004 - 12:53 PM in Off Topic

I only Nerf to speed metal and classical music. And the occassional TV theme. Usually though, we don't have stereo equipment around when we're Nerfing in academic buildings at night though. :-P

#29274 Mr. Literal

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 01:45 PM in Homemades

You'll have to take what links I can find from google or wait 'til I get back to school. I have a weird firewall/router thing here that impedes transfers on AIM. Also, my wireless can't handle huge files, sadly. I'm not computer savvy enough and don't care enough to change this.

#29263 Mr. Literal

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 12:57 PM in Homemades

That thing is borderline LARP.

LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!

I collect LARP videos from around the 'net if anyone's interested in such amusement as watching these creatures. I hope I'm the only one.

#29433 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 01:35 PM in General Nerf

I made a bad joke. If you're using sticky earplugs, you have worse things to worry about than breaking laws.

#29429 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 01:20 PM in General Nerf

"The law specifies that any device which could be attached to a firearm and could reduce the noise from said firearm, is illegal."

Conclusion: Sticky earplugs could land you in prison.

#29094 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

I am to foam as Ed Wood is to angora.

#29386 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 24 June 2004 - 10:20 AM in General Nerf

I know a way to keep a spring gun quiet. It's called an air-restrictor. Nerf is kind enough to put these silencers in nite finders for us. Hehe... TWANG!

#29199 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 22 June 2004 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

Why not just Scout, Titan and Sane Hornet? "Sane" seeing as how this one doenn't seem to be poorly designed.

#29109 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 11:21 PM in General Nerf

"By the pumping of my guns
Something wicked this way comes."

~paraphrased Shakespeare from Macbeth

"Nerf guns are like Voltron. The more of them you hook up, the better it gets."

~paraphrased from Red vs Blue

#29112 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 21 June 2004 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

You get a sixth shot on the Hornet, and side smacking is easier than topsmashing for blasting. But yes, it's very similar. As for the Scout... couldn't I just call the Nite Finder a Secret Shot remake? And couldn't I just (loosely) call that a Sharpshooter remake? Warhog, other pistols... just seems difficult to be very innovative with a spring pistol without being gimmicky. I think we have to see how well the integration works, whether the barrels are as short as they look and how well that monster shoots smaller darts with a modded barrel.

#29249 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 23 June 2004 - 11:52 AM in General Nerf

It doesn't look any worse than holding the Rapid 20, Hunter, and could prove better.

#29138 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by reversedracula on 22 June 2004 - 11:32 AM in General Nerf

As for all this talk of halo influence, I think the nite finder looked already a good deal like the pistol. I also think the powerclip looks and behaves a lot more like the plasma rifle than this new hornet.

#26735 Modding A Techtarget To Use Miniammo

Posted by reversedracula on 22 May 2004 - 07:37 PM in Modifications

I just did the same thing to an eagle eye with a crayola barrel today and some duct tape. I'm really excited about this new clear duct tape. Anyway, anything that's the right size for micros (1/2") that you can shove into the barrel tightly should work.

#67089 Minibosses

Posted by reversedracula on 03 November 2005 - 09:02 PM in Off Topic

A good friend of mine runs/owns MAGfest. I highly recommend going.

#29581 Laser Sniper?

Posted by reversedracula on 25 June 2004 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

I almost put an extra Nite Finder LED into my SM3k blue. Instead, I just got a cool translucent blue flashlight and put blue film over the light and shoved it in. It's just as cool and fits perfectly.

#30392 Lan Games

Posted by reversedracula on 05 July 2004 - 01:16 PM in Off Topic

I recommend eight player Halo CTF or UT2k4 Onslaught/CTF/Assualt/UT2k4 has such a sweet sytem it doesn't matter LAN parties. The problem with Halo maps is that they are either too small or too large. It takes forever to play Blood Gulch or Sidewinder without vehicles. UT2k4 fixed this problem in Olslaught because you never respawn at a power node under attack, always respawn at one you control that isn't at the back of the damn map (unless that's the only node you control) and allows for teleportation between power nodes. Vehicles are powerful, but not so much as to not be countered by an ArVIL. You can't steal vehicles right away and assault the base, but can if the enemy discards them. In summation, a much more combat-oriented system rather that ridge-loser camping the bamf point and the running playing the bunnyhop. Halo's still fun though on the LAN, but UT is amazing.

#29894 Is The Air Tech 2k -3k Worth It?

Posted by reversedracula on 29 June 2004 - 04:18 PM in General Nerf

I concur, xedice, so long as they are offerred here for purchase with little or no markup, excepting for shipping charges.

#21937 Irritating Situation

Posted by reversedracula on 21 March 2004 - 01:40 PM in General Nerf

The solution here is to learn to dodge. I've got friends who're slowly breaking their crossbows to shoot farther and farther and others who've added springs to their ArrowStorms. We've got modded Max Shots, Airzookas, etc. also. If you do a bit of practice at 20-30 feet or so, you can learn to get out of the way pretty well, even in a hallway. What's even more entertaining is when people try to use a Tornado or Firestorm effectively against you after you're used to dancing around crossbow and SM5k shots. Of course, these antics make your more of a novelty, and allow you only to really carry one gun larger than pistols you can holster, i.e. a gun that swings on a strap. (In our games, when your gun is hit, you're hit.)

#22010 Irritating Situation

Posted by reversedracula on 22 March 2004 - 02:11 AM in General Nerf

If everyone used these nice, simple unmodded guns, no one would complain about arms-race gaps. It's amazing what an e-bay Nerf filter will give you sometimes.

http://newageprototy...m/FANCANNON.HTM

I'd like to use teddy bears as ammo.

#22148 Irritating Situation

Posted by reversedracula on 23 March 2004 - 11:10 AM in General Nerf

Actually, the club that runs the thing may have a ban on heavily modified guns going into effect soon, only because it's mostly close-range and indoors. i.e. stefans and such would be out, as would probably be barrel extensions for greater distance, doubling up on arrowstorm or crossbow springs, etc. Little stuff like taking out air restrictors on a Nite Finder or AT2k would be fine. We've had some injuries and such simply due to the close-range of everything. More to follow for those of you who play with us.

#22411 Irritating Situation

Posted by reversedracula on 25 March 2004 - 10:28 PM in General Nerf

Heh. Going from Williamsburg to "The Garden State" this summer for break. I'll be in South Jersey. I understand much happens there, VACC? Please let me know. I'd like to meet up with some folks. Oh, and Groove is awesome for taking this whole situation with our group so well. We respect each other i.e. him and our club sort of deal that runs these things, and he was cool about it. If anyone mangled his ammo at our games (more toned-down as they may be), I'd make sure they paid for it or replaced it before they could play again. I've got your back, Groove. :w00t: